PDA

View Full Version : Relicanth Analysis.

imported_thehero
09-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Relicanth:

http://arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/relicanth.png

Summary:

Most Used Relicanth Set:

Relicanth is commonly found running a Rock Polish set. Due to a move that has the power of dynamite, and another move that can boost its Speed stat, Relicanth will be one of the top spacegraces in the Under Used environment. Let us not forget that it also has two other moves that can wreck havoc on any bulky contender. However, Choiced versions of Relicanth can be found.

Usual Counters:

Relicanth lacks an Ice move, and thus it is easily countered by Grass-types, such as Tangrowth, Celebi, and Leafeon. Other nice counters include Fighting-types, such as Machamp and Breloom. Such Fighting-types can easily take a Head Smash and their Fighting-type moves will comminute Relicanth into smithereens. Fighting-types in the lower tiers also share this prowess, so Poliwrath and Toxicroak make exemplary counters to Relicanth. In addition, Bronzong and Skarmory are terrifying counters because they can survive two consecutive Head Smashes, unless you are using Skarmory as a Relicanth counter and happen to be struck by a Choice Band Head Smash, are immune to Earthquake, and Water attacks do not faze them. Swampert and Quagsire are resistant to Head Smash, can easily survive Earthquake and Water attacks, and they will easily destroy Relicanth with an Earthquake.

Types of Teams Relicanth is Used in:

Relicanth usually has teams centered around it. After some layers of entry hazards are set up, Relicanth will easily pulverize the opponent’s team. Although, some Relicanth can be found on Rain Dance teams.

In Depth:

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_relicanth.gifRock Polish@ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)

- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

The concept of this set is quite simple. Whenever a few layers of entry hazards are set up, you can easily bring Relicanth in for a clean sweep. It is quite fatuous and inane to bring Relicanth in when the game has just started, so be sure to bring it in late game to give it a better chance of sweeping the adversary’s team. You will be put in a cantankerous situation whenever you face a Fighting or Grass-type, and thus you should do your best to kill those before they stop your sweep. Life Orb gives your Attack stat a conspicuous boost, allowing you to plough your opponent into the depths of the earth.

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_relicanth.gifChoice@ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA) Or Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)

- Aqua Tail / Waterfall
- Head Smash
- Double-Edge / Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

This is one of the few Relicanth sets that can put up a fight against Fighting-types. A Choice Band boosted Double-Edge can easily take care of all those irritating Fighting-types, and Head Smash has a possibility of killing Skarmory in two hits. Using Choice Scarf seems puerile, but it is what makes Relicanth the best revenge killer in the Under Used environment. Relicanth’s typing will also allow it to take hits easily, and thus you should always take caution when facing Choiced variants of Relicanth.

Stealth Rock may seem odd on a Choiced set, but it is meant to be used on Pokémon that may switch out on Relicanth, such as Swellow, Houndoom, and Registeel.

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_relicanth.gifSleep Talk@ Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 240 HP / 242 Atk / 16 Def / 10 SpD
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)

- Rest
- Head Smash
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake / Waterfall / Aqua Tail / Double-Edge

Relicanth is very sturdy. No one expects this creature to be able to take the most powerful of hits, and then he can replenish his HP by using Rest. After this is done, Sleep Talk will allow Relicanth to pick any of its attacking moves, and it will allow Relicanth to dent everything with its powerful moves. Do notice how Life Orb is a recommended option. Do not be surprised because Rest will heal all the lost HP.

Other Options:

Because Relicanth can be used in Rain Dance teams, then it is obvious that he can make good use of Rain Dance. Yawn will also aid Relicanth to cause switches from dangerous adverseries.

Opinion:

Where should I begin? Relicanth is like a boat---it is as sturdy and powerful as a rock, but when faced with an ice berg, there is no possible thing you can do to save it. Watch out for Fighting-types and you should win a lot of matches with Relicanth.

Milos
09-19-2009, 10:52 PM
You should probably elaborate on these sets.

imported_thehero
09-19-2009, 10:53 PM
You should probably appreciate my contributions.

Statigar
09-19-2009, 10:54 PM
You should probably elaborate on these sets.

why dont you?

Milos
09-19-2009, 11:06 PM
ok so if i dont do it, nobody will?

imported_thehero
09-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Why are you even criticizing?

Milos
09-19-2009, 11:20 PM
because the descriptions are lacking. i thought this was the analysis workshop, and if you didnt want anyone to post then why didnt you just put it on the site right away

Sheep
09-20-2009, 03:12 AM
Maybe it's a WIP?

Statigar
09-20-2009, 08:51 AM

correct :(

Dimes
09-20-2009, 12:08 PM

Or I will, if that motivates you to do it lol.

imported_thehero
09-20-2009, 02:12 PM
What do you want me to add. -_-