http://arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/cradily.png
Base Stats
HP:86
Atk:81
Def:97
Sp.A:81
Sp.D:107
Spe:43

Cradily is a very powerful NU pokemon that needs a tier chance fast. With the recent updates in HG/SS Cradily got access to the move curse. Also, cradily ability stop anything from using roar/whirlwind. The thing about cradily is that it's on the same boat as curse t-tar, which means it can come in on almost any sp.A and try to set up and sweep with curse. I myself, tested out cradily with a SS team and it's proven that he's very hard to take down if you have him with the right teammates. Some of cradily counters are infernape/scizor/machamp. But, like i said before..if you pair him with a gliscor/hippowdon those 3 pokemon that i mentioned can be taken care of. Another way of stopping cradily from sweeping is if you trick a scarf onto it. Discuss why or why not it should get a tier change.

Rules before posting
If your going to post here, gives reasons why or why not it should get a tier chance to BL/OU
No flaming each other
Fatman is not allowed here.

Lunar
09-27-2009, 09:01 PM
i think it should be changed cuz itz a great pokemon and with curse + itz sp. def. it works great like you said.

Screaming Angel
09-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Tony, The tiers are all abse on Usage, except for Ubers which is just a ban list, so if you wanted to change its tier, it would need to be used more on the ladder.

EDIT: After I re-read your paragraph, I noticed that you are right. Cradily seem to be unstopable apart from Scizor or Machamp , Infernape isn't that big of a threat, or any random toxics, so if anything at all I encourage people to use it with SS Teams, but we cant do anything about its tier unless we use it.

Dimes
09-27-2009, 09:09 PM
I haven't seen much of Cradily, and in theory it would be BL. However, I want to see calcs or gtfo before you prove it to me.

Iris
09-27-2009, 09:13 PM
overhyped to me really even through experience

Milos
09-27-2009, 09:14 PM
The difference between Curse Cradily and Curse Tyranitar is that after a Curse, Tyranitar can immediately inflict huge amounts of damage. Cradily on the other hand, does not have the stats to inflict the same amount of damage, and therefore would need at least 2 Curses to become a real threat. Stone Edge only has 8 pp, and the common pressure stallers in OU such as Suicune can easily set up alongside it and force it to struggle. This argument is for OU, of course, so i'm guessing that it can become a powerhouse in the lower tiers.

Screaming Angel
09-27-2009, 09:16 PM
I don't think I would call Suicune its main counters because Cradily is also part grass, and thats SE against water, but you probably already knew that.

Milos
09-27-2009, 09:19 PM
I never called it a counter, I just said that it could easily set up against it. Curse Cradily also doesn't carry a move with which to heavily damage Suicune anyway. (Asumming the set is Curse/ Recover/ Stone Edge/ Earthquake.)

Tastelesshat
09-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Tony, The tiers are all abse on Usage, except for Ubers which is just a ban list, so if you wanted to change its tier, it would need to be used more on the ladder.

Duh..

Tony32
09-27-2009, 09:47 PM
SA, where's your proof that it's all about usage? If we did follow the usage then why the hell do are our tiers diffrent from smogon? Do you know what the suspect part of the forums are for? I think it's for discussion on the pokemon then if we get a good discussion going on and prove all the facts that cradily is OU/BL then we will change it to OU/BL...Im not sure if TU follow usage since we dont even have usage stats...

Screaming Angel
09-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Cradily's Stone Edge 0 Atk Ivs +6 vs Suicune 252 Hp/ 252 Def Bold Nature 58.66% - 69.06%. Thats a 2OHKO, now lets see what Suicune does to Cradily. A +6 0 SpA Surf from Suicune vs a 252 Hp/ 252 SpD Careful Cradily in Sandstorm does 45.48% - 53.72% obviously not a 2OHKO with Leftovers added. A 252 Hp/ 252 SpD Careful Tyranitar takes 89.11% - 105.45% in Sandstorm against that same Suicune while only 2OHKOing it with Payback.

Now unto Skarmory. Skarmory is the Pokemon which generally takes care of CurseTYranitar, but unlike Tyranitar Cradily isnt affected by Whirlwind or Roar. Stone Edge from a +6 0 Atk Cradily does 61.08% - 72.16% to a 252 Hp/ 252 Def Impish Skarmory and Earthquake makes the matal bird think twice before Roosting.

The only Defensive Pokemon that I can see Cradily having problems with, if it doesnt carry Seed Bomb is Hippodown, Hippodown can't manhandle Cradily but it can wall it and probably outstall it if it has Roar.

supertrunks8
09-27-2009, 11:07 PM
I believe that the least it should be is BL, because it would tear up the UU and NU metagames, dealing massaive damage to those two tiers. I don't know about it being OU, but it should at LEAST be BL. Just my thoughts. Also, if we put it in BL, and people used it more, it could eventually become OU.

Tony32
09-28-2009, 02:51 AM
c'mon peeps post more things about this beast :C.

PLDH-MajeSan
09-28-2009, 03:37 AM
Cradily's too easily stalled out in OU. Even with six curses under its belt, the Rock/Ground combo it uses are too easy to wall. Status conditions such as Burn or Poison also screw it over wholeheartedly. Perhaps it is out of place in NU, but OU it isn't, especially in my experience.

Tony32
09-28-2009, 05:03 AM
That's what the rest/sleep talk set is for.

supertrunks8
09-28-2009, 05:10 AM
Or maybe just rest , seeing as rest / sleep talk / curse / stone edge is not good coverage at all

Carlo1003
09-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Cradily is a beast. But I don't see it doing well in OU; BL/UU!

Kuja20
09-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Tony, generally, the tiers are pretty much usage. You can't really quantify "power". Anyway, if people are so fricking worried and want a Tier Change for certain pokes, how about a testing period? We can use the UU ladder as it is, and create a thread nominating pokes to be moves up if they seem too powerful for UU. Thoughts?

Dimes
09-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Kuja, BL is a ban list from UU. Ubers is a banlist for OU. UU is a banlist for NU.

I'm more interested in Nu though, and I personally think that Sharpedo's way too strong for NU. No counters. Whatsoever.

Iris
09-28-2009, 05:31 PM
First off, UU is not a ban list for NU, both are based on usages. Second, Cradily will not function as well as most think In UU or NU as you might think.