PDA

View Full Version : I have a question for all you awesome sig makers

bobphillip
03-10-2010, 09:01 PM
I have a question for you expert sig makers, as I'm a nub in this field.
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/8700000/HG-SS-kotone-8770553-500-375.jpg

I want to know how to make that light blue light streak stuff on the Lugia part and the red stuff on the background of the Ho-Oh part, BTW I use GIMP. Thnx again

Hero Kid
03-10-2010, 09:49 PM
First off get photoshop..

I think the first one is a few c4ds and the second is a fractal.
Since your new and using gimp, you cant make them, you can only find them.

Albatross
03-10-2010, 11:15 PM
HK both me and iggylow use gimp so dont discount it as a graphics program

Iggylow
03-11-2010, 02:40 AM
yeah hk

if youre going to discount a graphics program make sure that im not using, and being better than everyone on tu with it

Hero Kid
03-11-2010, 04:52 PM
I never said Gimp was bad.
But Photoshop is more widely used and theres many more tutorials ect for it.

Practise on photoshop, get better and then you can move to gimp. That way you get your experience much more eaisly since IMO Gimps not as user friendly. Soo confusing LOL

Goldgross
03-11-2010, 07:17 PM
I agree with HK. I made a few things on gimp but none too worthwhile. Its pretty hard to learn. I'm considering trying out Photoshop.

Mig
03-11-2010, 07:20 PM
I think the program used to make fractals is called Aphophysis, i don't know how hard is to use it or if its free tho.

Albatross
03-11-2010, 08:10 PM
if your gonna use gimp learn on gimp and if your gonna use photoshop learn on photoshop, but if you learn your **** on photoshop then move to gimp then you might as well just not get photoshop

gimp is not hard to figure out...ive taught myself everything (well i did once have a really sexy teacher but he didnt really me as much as he gave me inspiration)

Dorandragon
03-12-2010, 05:00 AM
photoshop is imposible to use. i dont understand it at all. pse 7.0

PSN_shade
03-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Any art program is an art program, The quality of your design just changes depending which you use. All are valid despite the quality of results they make. as for this thread, I actually would follow what HK says. He's by far the best at this stuff.

Hero Kid
03-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Any art program is an art program, The quality of your design just changes depending which you use. All are valid despite the quality of results they make. as for this thread, I actually would follow what HK says. He's by far the best at this stuff.

LOL No, i am not but thanks for the compliment Lmaoo..

Albatross
03-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Any art program is an art program

the two programs are very different, it would take a lot of getting used to after switching, a lot of things are completely different in the two programs.

The quality of your design just changes depending which you use. All are valid despite the quality of results they make.

are you saying that photoshop produces better results than gimp? iggylow and i are two of the best gfxers on this site and we both use gimp

in fact there is literally nothing that you can do in photoshop that cant be done in gimp. its just that some things you have to do differently, which ties in with my earlier point that the two programs are very different and if you are going to use gimp in the end you shouldnt bother with photoshop.

I actually would follow what HK says. He's by far the best at this stuff.

Hk is pretty good, but ability =/= knowledge, just because he is good doesnt mean he will always be right