PDA

View Full Version : Expansion project: Youtube

Dragonknight
03-10-2010, 11:15 PM
So, some may know this, some may not, but Teamuber has a youtube channel, and it has about 6 videos. I am currently on a project to record every dlt final, and have a daily video, among other battles. Another extension to this could be tutorials.

You can go on youtube, search up things like "get better at halo", or "get better at super smash", but currently, there is about 2 outdated videos that are "get better at competitive pokemon"

So what do we do? obviously, we'll be the first ones to make videos explaining how to get better at pokemon, while promoting Teamuber. We could have videos explaining game mechanics, team building process, etc. This would help people get better, and they will all flock to Teamuber wanting to test their skills. Also, a lot of times, the reason people don't get into competitive is because they don't want to learn everything. well, with a short video explaining how to build a team to try and counter much of the OU metagame, they would feel much more comfortable battling.

So basically, if people would help out it would benefit TU a lot.

Dimes
03-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Make an instructional video on making a few teams in OU, UU and ubers. That'll make us way more popular. And don't post dumb **** like marriland. Sounds easy amirite

Sheep
03-10-2010, 11:40 PM
lolno
Who actually searches for how to play pokemon on youtube

bobphillip
03-11-2010, 12:48 AM
People who don't know how to play pokemon and don't want to be made fun of at school or online, and it shouldn't be that they can't do what they want, because others will laugh at him/her. I agree with this idea as even smogon has a YT channel, and we must beat them. But in all seriousness it is a good idea. But anybody know how to work a hypercam? Hypercam has the best quality for recording i think. I think this is a really good idea as it promotes TU while helping others get into competitive pokemon

Dragonknight
03-11-2010, 01:04 AM
Hypercam is actually MUCH easier than i thought. its a rather small download, and all you need to do is a few clicks, and you're good to go. and also, if you don't want to download hypercam i can record things for you, send you the file, and you can narrate it with windows movie maker.

Latiosmaster
03-11-2010, 02:35 AM
Subscribe to TeamUberLatios guys, I'm posting videos everyday and hopefully getting some people. Just a little experiment.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamUberLatios

Yondie
03-11-2010, 03:18 AM
Basically, the best way to get new members off youtube besides what DragonKnight has mentioned is to have people with lots of subs advertise.

Which is what Zelda_Master_Timmy (ZMT) did for the forums i while back iirc.

Dimes
03-11-2010, 08:43 PM
people older than 6 are made fun of at school for being bad at pokemon? roflno

Larainge
03-11-2010, 09:09 PM
both of your are wrong there are tons of things better then hyper cam. I used bb flash express its alot better. And For Editing Window Movie Maker is said to be the worst software because its too simple.I use CyberLink Studio 8 . Narration is also need . Any Mic is ok as long as it like the cheapest one in the store thats the worst one unless its on sale then maybe not. But i love the idea and its something i could really get in. My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Larainge?feature=mhw4

Quacks
03-11-2010, 11:02 PM
CamStudio is better as it actually doesn't leave a watermark.

Still, noone's going to watch those.

Dimes
03-11-2010, 11:17 PM
The old youtube videos actually did get us some members. But yeah, I'm starting to agree that no one will watch guide vids.

Yondie
03-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Lets at least TRY IT. Also if any of you are wifi battlers what i suggest is create a youtube account and post vids while advertising yt.

also camstudio = best.

Latiosmaster
03-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Yes, I use CamStudio. Although no one will watch them, there still fun to put on :P

PSN_shade
03-12-2010, 07:19 AM
The only problem with this, Is that even if you do successfully gain a few members, They will be youtube based members, That will either already be at a forum based site, Or have no intentions in joining a forum.

However, If your looking for a way around that fact, Record the Quarter, semi's and finals of the daily tournaments, This will make people want to venture to the forums to enter the tournament to have there name in the video, You don't have to upload guides for things or tutorials for you to advertise through youtube, People can type guides and make tutorials, But It's a challenge to get to the finals of the daily tournament. I think TUtv should be centered around battling, Tournaments and featuring TU's best, That's what TU is.

Team Uber - Where failure is not an option.

You can't fail being in the finals, In fact you very much succeed where the other competitors have failed.

It also allows people to watch and study each members moves and strategy's if there on a constant loop of being able to re-watch them. Which will toughen TU competition, While racking up video views for you,

Just a thought though.

Dragonknight
03-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Shade, i agree. but that would mean that i need to recruit as many people as possible to record battles for TU. I can edit these, but if people recorded these, it would be great. especially dlt or tournament battles.

PSN_shade
03-14-2010, 07:45 AM
True, Well I'm sure if people do want TU to succeed they will offer to help so recruiting shouldn't be a problem, If you post how to record, And save video files, And leave an alternate email address (not your actual one) that people can attach and send the video files to after they have recorded, You can download, Edit them and upload them to the YT, That's probably the only solution there is. + it gives you more than one choice of video if you can't record it yourself that day. If the community does there part, This will work.

Dragonknight
03-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Alright, now that i've got it up and running:
Send video clips to Hfang929@gmail.com, and i can edit and upload.
Also, post here when you send one, as i rarely check this alternate email address. It would be better if you edited these yourself, but its fine if you don't know how.

PSN_shade
03-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Alright cool, If I'm on for dlt's i'll help out.

bobphillip
03-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Hey DK and LM I'm thinking about making a Soul Silver walk through could ya help me?

Dragonknight
03-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Bobphillip, this is a good idea, and i'd be happy to upload it to our channel.

bobphillip
03-17-2010, 10:09 PM
As i have said before, I AM AN AMATEUR at recording and using ROMs and emulators, so if you can help me, or even make a list of tips that would help, that'd be great. I am looking for a narrator so PM me

PSN_shade
03-19-2010, 03:31 PM
For what cam you should use i would ask DK or LM since they know this stuff, As for ROM's i would Google DS emulator, And then the HG or SS Rom both of which come (In most cases) with download links and installation guides, Recording is quite simple you use the F keys on most applications to Stop, start or pause your recording, As well as screen selection to record specific things rather than everything on your screen, But you can change the configuration to the keys or numbers you want, Movie maker allows you to edit the video file saved and add narration, Music files, Images or voice clips to your recording, So it's all pretty straight forward, If you are Novice at this stuff Google FAQ's or walk through's to help you. It will only take 5 minuets to read a FAQ but it will take a day or two for somebody to write up there own detailed walk through to help you get started so it's the easiest available option.

Dragonknight
03-19-2010, 08:08 PM
guys, i'll be honest. i downloaded hypercam and opened windows moviemaker for the first time one day prior to making this thread. I honestly have no experience with any of this, i just know how to click record, and i just know how to cut and add titles. sorry i can't be of more help..

Dragonknight
04-05-2010, 12:47 AM
We should start advertising again.

We need a new video.

i need more support on this project. i've recorded every dlt final and notable battle i've seen(not yet uploaded, have like 10 unedited ones), but in order to make this daily, we need more people working on this. we could also use some commentary and things of the sort.

Scimjara
04-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Well if you guys need any wifi battles or wifi vids I can surely help.

Stone_Cold22
04-05-2010, 01:37 PM
i think that if you posted some wi-fi matches on teamuber tv, it might help us expand more.

Statigar
04-05-2010, 02:10 PM
i think that if you posted some wi-fi matches on teamuber tv, it might help us expand more.

no, we need someone to put in some effort, as in walkthroughs, a weekly podcast or something, that people actually want to watch >_>

Dragonknight
04-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Well if you guys need any wifi battles or wifi vids I can surely help.

sure, send me whatever you've got, and i'll take a look.

and yea,what if we had BOTH wifi battles AND weekly podcasts/walkthroughs? DOUBLE!

Latiosmaster
04-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Lol, I could help with editing and such, but I don't have a mic so I can't commentate.

Scimjara
04-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Stone you know that I would gladly help you guys out

no, we need someone to put in some effort, as in walkthroughs, a weekly podcast or something, that people actually want to watch >_>

Thats not true more people actually like watching wifi battles. and If I can get up wifi battles with Kuja20 and DPF on these forums for TU they would easily get 1k views

sure, send me whatever you've got, and i'll take a look.

and yea,what if we had BOTH wifi battles AND weekly podcasts/walkthroughs? DOUBLE!

Yea I can also help with that.! :D

Tony32
04-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Thanks a bunch to scim, we really appreciate this bud.

Scimjara
04-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks a bunch to scim, we really appreciate this bud.

Np you want anything special for me to do beside that.
Im trying to make a team uber outro which i use at the end of my battles.

sunflower
04-06-2010, 01:00 AM
If needed, I can upload some Wi-Fi matches on the YouTube account. <:

Stone_Cold22
04-06-2010, 01:25 AM
Okay, i'll do walkthroughs commentated if you'd like.

Eternal
04-06-2010, 03:58 AM
Okay, i'll do walkthroughs commentated if you'd like.

That would be awesome. I might make competitive battling guides commentated soon.

Scimjara
04-06-2010, 12:43 PM
That would be awesome. I might make competitive battling guides commentated soon.

Just like how regileague has a yt channel we should make one for TU and have a wide range of videos on there. Just like how Stone said he can do commentary walk through videos while me and Imun can add wifi battles and Eternal can add battling strategies.

Dragonknight
04-06-2010, 05:19 PM
we're already one step ahead scim, :P

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamUberTV

Scimjara
04-06-2010, 07:10 PM
we're already one step ahead scim, :P

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamUberTV

Ahh lol okay *quickly subscribes to the channel*