PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Walkthrough Guides

IchooseU
04-19-2010, 06:10 AM
Ok, i was viewing the site just now. And i notice there was no walkthrough for the Pokémon series, so i came up with an idea and make this thread and try and find people to help and make walkthroughs with me. Idea is simple you choose a game that you want write a walkthrough of, or if you even want make a video walkthrough.

So let's say i want to do crystal.

My first part would be

*New Bark Town*

I will add some description of what’s going on and what to do.
Then i will go on to.

*Route 29*

And so on.
You can add pictures too to even help!

Then once you finish your walk through you can get it added to sites ''game guide'' section.

So yeah anyone down for this? I call dibs on Crystal!(H)

Edit: You can also add the Pokémon that can be found in the area too etc.

If you want do a walkthrough just let me know which game and i will add you to list.

List of future Walkthrough's:

Pokémon Crystal - IchooseU
Pokémon Yellow - GarcianSmith
Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Lovat
Pokémon LeafGreen/FireRed - Polelover44
Pokémon Emerald - Yondie
Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire - supertrunks8
Pokémon Platinum - Silver Flame

GarcianSmith
04-19-2010, 06:16 AM
you could essentially do all the 2nd gen games at once. The differences arent big enough like in Yellow.

I can take Yellow.

I can't imagine why anyone would need a guide for pokemon though.

IchooseU
04-19-2010, 06:20 AM
you could essentially do all the 2nd gen games at once. The differences arent big enough like in Yellow.

I can take Yellow.

I can't imagine why anyone would need a guide for pokemon though.
A lot people use guides, i use them sometimes.

And alright sweet. I will sign you up for Yellow. Thanks.

Also well crystal is little different then gold and silver with eusine and different pokemon location. If anyone wants do gold or silver then can easily do other.

Also, i probably start playing when i come back from school and typing!

Lovat
04-19-2010, 06:30 AM
Niggur. I want to do HG/SS, I'm playing through it for the 5th time now (6 if you include Japanese). I know where practically all the hidden items are.

Then again, GS brings up a good point, Pokemon is a pretty straightforward game, I can't see many people using the guides, I mean playing Pokemon in-game doesn't take too much thought.

IchooseU
04-19-2010, 06:39 AM
Niggur. I want to do HG/SS, I'm playing through it for the 5th time now (6 if you include Japanese). I know where practically all the hidden items are.

Then again, GS brings up a good point, Pokemon is a pretty straightforward game, I can't see many people using the guides, I mean playing Pokemon in-game doesn't take too much thought.

Ok so i sign you up for hg/ss? And trust me there are thousands of little kids like 12 or 13 googling walkthroughs each day!

I started, Here is just a little peak at what i got going.

Pokémon Crystal Walkthrough
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:InymzS_cRjXsWM:http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/pokemon-crystal-title-screen-artwork.jpg

At the start of Pokémon Crystal it, you will be ask to choose if you are a boy or a girl.

Choose whichever one you want to play as.

After choosing your gender, it will ask you to enter the time.

You will now read what Professor Oak, as he introduces you to the world of Pokémon!
Now, you can choose to make your own name or use one from the list they provide.

*New Bark Town*
Now, your journey begins!

Also i 'am spacing a lot which i fixed during New Bark Town.

Edit: I will fix all grammar mistakes when i double check once whole thing is done. It's 3:20 am when i'm writing this.

Eternal
04-19-2010, 07:31 AM
I approve of this idea. Although, I am unable to contribute due to my busy schedule. Good luck on this.

Scimjara
04-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Video walkthrough's would be legit! Go for it icu

supertrunks8
04-19-2010, 10:43 AM
I don't know if I'd be able to contribute much, but I'd gladly try to do a ruby/sapphire. That's the pokemon game I played through the most when i was like 10-14

IchooseU
04-19-2010, 10:38 PM
just lost all of new bark and route 29. saved blank document -.-.

Will re write no problem.

polelover44
04-19-2010, 10:39 PM
I'll do FireRed/LeafGreen.

kthx.

Yondie
04-19-2010, 11:04 PM
I can do pokemon emerald.

supertrunks8
04-19-2010, 11:26 PM
yeah, I guess I will do sapphire/ruby. I'll find the time.

Dragonknight
04-19-2010, 11:29 PM
GAIZ DO VIDEO WALKTHROUGHS. I can get 20000+ views if i send them to machinima

bobphillip
04-19-2010, 11:46 PM
o.O smart guides are smart. This could be as smexy as Smogon...except they don't have guides WOOHOO! Meh, people go on YT everyday to look at walkthroughs too...

cat
04-19-2010, 11:48 PM
please put threads in the correct forums from now on, not everything belongs in the general chat.

IchooseU
04-19-2010, 11:58 PM
please put threads in the correct forums from now on, not everything belongs in the general chat.I knew it shouldn't go to general, i was thinking pokemon discussion. Anyways i made it in general to gather more attention as it is most viewed section and i knew it will get moved soon.

Also bob thing is about YT walkthroughs is that you always need keep up,pause,rewind etc. as it can go fast pace. Thats why i prefer written walkthroughs.

Sephira
04-20-2010, 04:23 PM
i can try tackling platinum if thats ok

IchooseU
04-20-2010, 04:41 PM
i can try tackling platinum if thats okSure i will add you to list.

Sephira
04-20-2010, 05:23 PM
just dont expect it with in the next 2 weeks

GarcianSmith
04-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Crystal isn't so different that you cant just add the small Suicune and Eusine battle bits and list the different pokemon in the same chart for the other pokemon on Route X. Honestly.

I'll get working on the Yellow Guide then. I'm going to use an emulator though, since I really dont want to erase my current Yellow, which has a complete dex and the most kick *** team ever assembled.

I will also give tips on assembling the most kick *** team ever.

Yondie
04-21-2010, 07:44 PM
What i've been working on in my guide and what yuo may want to consider in yours, is to include how the game mechanics work in your game, seeing as generation to generation is different.

Heres an example from my table of contents for emerald thus far.
http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww79/Yellow_flash_Yondaime/76d1581c.jpg