PDA

View Full Version : Main Site Problem

Shur'tugal
04-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Forgive me if this is the wrong forum, I couldn't find another that fits this topic as closely as this one.

Whenever I try to access the main site, whether it be the leaderboard, the analyses, ect, I am shown this message:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'tugal'' at line 1

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks,

~Shur'tugal

PSN_shade
05-01-2010, 02:52 AM
Forgive me if this is the wrong forum, I couldn't find another that fits this topic as closely as this one.

Whenever I try to access the main site, whether it be the leaderboard, the analyses, ect, I am shown this message:

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks,

~Shur'tugal

Shur'tugal it may to do with the special character you have in your name, Usually registration forms only allow Letters & Numbers, But since James made this from scratch there will be some bugs. The forum allows special characters, But i would assume the site is set to not allow them and with a joint log-in system it would create the bug/error you are experiencing.

Solution

Go here. (http://teamuber.net//forum/showthread.php?t=5000) And ask to change your name on the site to something else you like, Or to the same name without the special character this should get rid of your problem.

Statigar
05-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Im impressed shade!

Yes, exactly what he said. Feel free to PM me with your name change, if you wish.

Kuja20
05-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Or perhaps you can fix the bug and allow "special" characters in people's usernames. Shur'tugal is a pretty unique name, and would be a shame to need to change it. Although, if you want to change your username, then feel free to ask XD.

Shur'tugal
05-03-2010, 05:51 AM
To be honest, I'd rather not have my name changed. For now, I'll just log out every time I want to use the main site and see if it can be fixed, if not, I will consider a name change. I am hesitant on a name change because I have this username on many forums and I've grown quite fond of it, also, if I remove the apostrophe, it completely ruins it.

Thanks for clearing that up guys!