PDA

View Full Version : Latias Analysis

Shining Latios
05-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Latias

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/73/PinRS380.gif

Counters
A nice U-turn from Scizor usually does the trick and traps Latias with Pursuit. Banded Metagross can also come in and Pursuit for the OHKO. Tyranitar can come in and Crunch as well. Max Speed Darkrai can come in and Dark Pulse gaurantees a OHKO with +2 and if Latias hasn't gotten any CM's off. Blissey's Toxic also cripples Latias' sweep as the damage of the poison worsens every turn.

Introduction: After being moved back up to Ubers, Latias will sadly be missed. With Latias in Ubers though, expect Kyogre teams to get wrecked. Latias doesn't have better stats than it's brother, Latios, but it can do a number in the Uber Metagame.

Calm Minder
Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 192 Speed / 204 Special Attack
Nature: Timid
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Grass Knot / Thunder / Refresh
-Recover / Roost

Overview: Latias makes a good impact as a Calm Minder, on the Defensive and Offensive end. 60 HP allows Latias to survive a couple hits before starting her sweep going. Soul Dew raises Latias' Special Attack and Special Defense making it very dangerous. Bulky will help you survive many hits and the 112 HP EVs helps take super effective hits. You can use Roost or Recover, it doesn't make a difference as they both restore 50% of the user's max HP, or you can use Refresh, because Blissey can come in and ruin the sweep with Toxic. You can choose Grass Knot or Thunder. It's your choice on what Pokemon you want to take out, really. Grass Knot hits Groudon, Manaphy, and Kyogre. Thunder hits Kyogre, Manaphy, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Palkia.

Wisher
Latias @ Soul Dew
EVs: 112 HP / 192 Speed / 204 Special Attack
Nature: Timid
-Protect / Roar
-Dragon Pulse
-Toxic / Calm Mind / Grass Knot / Thunder Wave
-Wish

Overview: Wish Latias is such a great set for Latias. I mean seriously, you have to love it. Protect ensures Latias to heal her HP. There is no point of Recover, as Latias can just use Wish to heal. Roar can be used if your in trouble, but Protect is the better option. You can use Toxic, Calm Mind, or Grass Knot. Toxic is decent to stop other sweepers, Calm Mind is good to bulky up more, Grass Knot is for another attacking move, and finally Thunder Wave is if you wanna slow down sweepers and what not.

Choice Band
Latias @ Choice Band
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Attack / 192 Speed
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
-Dragon Claw / Outrage
-Sucker Punch / Shadow Ball
-Waterfall
-Facade

Overview: This is a set made by yours truly :). It might look funny/silly at first, but this set is monstrous. You can choose Dragon Claw if you don't want to get locked or Outrage for huge damage. Waterfall is good for Groudon and Ho-Oh. Sucker Punch can be used for priority-like or you can choose Shadow Claw. Either one you choose, they eliminate: Mew, Mewtwo, Giratina, Deoxys, Wynaut, Wobbuffet, and Lugia. BEAST.

Opinion
Latias has magnificant stats. It is able to wall a good amount of hits and able to sweep well. Latias is one of the best counters for Kyogre, especially with her amazing Special Defense stat. Latias is a great Calm Minder in the Ubers metagame and can also be a deadly WishPasser. Latias is nice to use over Latios on the Defensive end, but Latios is better on the Offensive.

PLDH-MajeSan
05-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Great Analysis.

Sephira
05-26-2010, 07:16 PM
wtf is this dpp? >.>

Shining Latios
05-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Guys shutup. It's not finished, still editing -_-

Shining Latios
05-27-2010, 12:08 AM
This is pretty much done :)

Iris
05-27-2010, 12:25 AM
i don't even know where to start really

Dimes
05-27-2010, 01:39 AM
The Choice Band set is more of a joke. 80 att isn't going to cut it in ubers. =/

And you forgot to mention other options, and left out a screening set.

Shining Latios
05-27-2010, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I know. I said PRETTY much done.

Tsuja
10-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Very Good!

legendary_07
12-13-2010, 03:18 AM
Remove the last set, it is totally outclassed by Rayquaza or Garchomp. But if you want to be arrogant and leave the set, Latias gets Earthquake >_>

DDwhiscash
12-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Talk about bumping an old thread ............ anyway thanks for showing me this thread I might try to revive it asap

steel dragons
12-13-2010, 04:50 PM
really...a Choice band set? wow...

On a LO set, Sucker Punch MIGHT be worthwhile, as it is a priority move, after all, and does decent damage to certain Pokemon.

DDwhiscash
12-13-2010, 11:17 PM
@ Steel ......lets not revive this ...... I rather we move the analysis from 5th Gen Over here