PDA

View Full Version : Official: Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Stone_Cold22
08-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Simply post what movie you saw last, give it a rating out of 5 or out of 10, and explain. Post a picture to make it fancy, or don't. It's your choice.

For me my last 2 movies were:

Evil - 5/5

Simply astonishing for me. About a kid who has to survive a Boarding School with a troubled past without resorting to violence while having violence thrown at him in every way, shape, and form. I definetaly recommend this to anyone who simply likes an astonishing story.

Fallen Angels - 4/5

About a hitman whose partner is infatuated with him and his struggle to find his true self while performing his last hit. I liked this film, however it's very different and confusing.

Both of these films are foreign languages, the first is Swedish and the second is Japanese. Both very good movies, I recommend the first to everyone. The second to those who like any David Lynch films.

Edit: Anime series and Tv series are included as well. I better see posts in here every day!

Eternal
08-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Okay, here are the last two movies I saw:

Knight and Day - 7.5/10

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQToIZBsrVSL29dB-IDU2tfBB_tUwnf-uwBWtPHtJEDkxcxP2Y&t=1&usg=__hqOZkIk379QQBC8S1CnjVgaF-ek=

It's very entertaining. I really liked the actors too. If you're a fan of Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise, then you'll love this movie.

Here's a synopsis (contains spoilers):

Carrying a bagful of metal junk to repair her father's old car, June Havens (Cameron Diaz) is on her way to her sister's wedding when she accidentally bumps into Roy Miller (Tom Cruise), a charming and handsome man. After repeatedly bumping into each other at the airport and finally finding out that they are on the same flight, they just flirt with each other. She finds out during the course of a rather entertaining flight that Roy is a rogue FBI agent, whose intentions is not exactly clear in the beginning. She is smack in the middle of all the chaos just because she happens to be a witness to something called the Zephyr, a perpetual energy source. June has to figure out who she can trust in this crazy situation; the FBI or Roy? During the course of the story, June and Roy travel all over the globe (Massachusetts, California, Austria, Jamaican Islands, Illinois, Spain among others) to keep the Zephyr away from the bad guys. The FBI and many others are after Roy and the Zephyr, but it turns out that Roy is being framed by his former partner who wants to sell the Zephyr to terrorists. Roy manages to save the world from evil and also saves June from all the terrible misfortunes.

Avatar: The Last Airbender - 6.5/10

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnqcoI_zcyXG5juSCVrw4xg2I8rQSqf 1t_Z-XfYqWsgE6g3Gw&t=1&usg=__wTEpBqO2uJSdlexoPRjCTsGmpeQ=

It was a pretty decent movie. I never watched the anime so I'm not sure if the movie played out like the anime, but it was somewhat entertaining.

Here's a synopsis (contains spoilers):

Air, Water, Earth, Fire. Four nations tied by destiny when the Fire Nation launches a brutal war against the others. A century has passed with no hope in sight to change the path of this destruction. Caught between combat and courage, Aang (Noah Ringer) discovers he is the lone Avatar with the power to manipulate all four elements. Aang teams with Katara (Nicola Peltz), a Waterbender, and her brother, Sokka (Jackson Rathbone), to restore balance to their war-torn world.

Based on the hugely successful Nickelodeon animated TV series, the live-action feature film “The Last Airbender” is the opening chapter in Aang’s struggle to survive.

Dimes
08-05-2010, 12:40 PM
The Matrix- 9/10

One of the greatest films in the universe, the Matrix reveals the sickening "truth" about life as we know it, that this isn't "life" but in fact, a simulator, created by machine rulers. And one man tries to free everyone from the Matrix, to defy his destiny. In the way of Neo are the bots known as the "gatekeepers", pretty much the antivirus of the Matrix. Not only can they defy normal laws of physics, but they can inhabit anyone still connected to the Matrix, meaning that Neo can only trust in a very select few in this fight. Scifi action was proven to still be strong, and it won't quit for a long time as people will still try to produce another legendary title as the Matrix.

PSN_shade
08-05-2010, 02:36 PM
The karate kid 2010

4/5

Karate in this movie is actually believable unlike the originals, the only bad thing in english cinemas you are sat there for 2 hours 40 mins because of the amount of trailers they piled onto it. Jackie chans role is also good making the movie storyline different to the old ones and Jaden Smith is excellent and plays his role as the karate kid well. Worth watching if you haven't yet.

Big Daddy

5/5

Watched this last night for the 60th time or something lol Adam sandler again makes it a movie worth watching for those who are still quite young and don't remember this movie you have to watch it, it's pretty funny.

Dimes
08-05-2010, 04:11 PM
The karate kid's about kung fu lol

so yeah I don't know how we got the karate kid from that

PSN_shade
08-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Kung fu and karate are similar, Karate trains you in levels of skill making you earn different belts, kung fu is using natural sources to develop karate skills karate is just modern kung fu. at least i think that's how it is.

inkredibul
08-05-2010, 06:22 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBfbmHr22RSuqqHuTkvYG20a_9Mt2UV JAR3RJnvDRXyjRIKWA&t=1&usg=__uUG6nK1d6tKReWgIdWbq3zNmN8k=

It's about a kid who gets beat up and learns kung fu from his maitnence man
5/5

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR951rKOeQBsJzb6RbgDJm9vvT3QR7rC YGbJ5wAO2lPolR0wpg&t=1&usg=__im04PZ-6oAgNDfoM0rgtwzYf7cM=

It is about a basketball team that won a game and their coach dies. They go to his funeral and his lake house and celebrate

5/5

Classical
08-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Despicable Me

10/10 Really good.

Dimes
08-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Kung fu and karate are similar, Karate trains you in levels of skill making you earn different belts, kung fu is using natural sources to develop karate skills karate is just modern kung fu. at least i think that's how it is.

You're very wrong

Karate is about being able to fight with your bare hands. Hence Karate (empty hand)

Kung Fu is from China, whereas Karate is from Japan. Specificly my style, Shido Kan, is from Okinawa

DarXidE
08-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Most recent movie i saw in theatres was Inception.

It's about dreams and stuff, and it was really interesting. i was hooked and couldnt take my eyes off the screen the whole movie.

Eternal
08-05-2010, 09:30 PM
It is about a basketball team that won a game and their coach dies. They go to his funeral and his lake house and celebrate

5/5

lolwut

GarcianSmith
08-05-2010, 11:48 PM
How anyone could think The Last Airbender isn't only a step above Horse Vomit is beyond me.

Tastelesshat
08-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Despicable me

Some little girls whine and ***** then get taken to a theme park

0.5/5

Stone_Cold22
08-06-2010, 07:58 AM
How people think Karate Kid is a perfect movie is beyond me lol.

Eternal
08-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Despicable me

Some little girls whine and ***** then get taken to a theme park

0.5/5

Harsh rating. It's a Rated G movie, what did you expect when you were going to watch it?

I saw it with my little sisters, they liked it. It was a decent Rated G movie. Not that good, but decent and quite entertaining.

I would give it 7/10 for that.

bobphillip
08-07-2010, 04:45 PM
lol eternal with little sisters. i cannot imagine that. <.<

Green Zone

Matt Damon as Roy Miller, a soldier who is trying to find the Weapons of Mass Destruction that started the war with Iraq. In reality the Americans lied about the WMD's and started the war for no apparent reason.

GOOD ******* MOVIE!

9/10

zod
08-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Anchorman

3/5

It had its funny moments but a stupid plot.

Dimes
08-08-2010, 11:45 AM
The Informant!

5/10

In this comedy Matt Damon is Mark Whittacre, a salesman for corn companies, plotting with the FBI to stop illegal fixed prices in the corn industry, but starts to land in hot water himself when his habit of lying lands him in hot water! Alright, so it wasn't funny, but the story was certainly interesting and it was a fresh reminder to teens and adults that even at their age, lying should not be done.

Ice Heart
08-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Thia movie was where A bunch of cheerleaders rob a bank and dont get caught...
5/5

Stone_Cold22
08-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Mother - 8.5/10

This movie grew on me as it progressed, phenominal Korean film and definately worth a viewing. Currently on movies on demand for those who have that option. Worth a watch, even a buy. About a mother who tries to find out who framed her son for a murder.

The Edukators - 9/10

Another phenominal film. About a group of 3 people who call them self the Edukators who break into homes and rearange the furniture but don't take anything. Really cool film.

Deva
08-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Don't mess with the Zohan

8.5/10

First time I didn't like it much but eventually grew on me. Funny film but could do with a better storyline and obvious ending.

Stone_Cold22
08-15-2010, 03:41 AM
Kill Bill 1 and 2 - 9/10 overall for both.

Great movies, funny, action packed, etc.

DarXidE
08-15-2010, 03:50 AM
super high me

0/10

thought it would be interesting and funny, cuz its a comedian smoking pot, but its all facts and stupid ****....

Tony32
08-15-2010, 04:03 AM
The last house on the left.

7/10

It was a pretty good horror movie, had a pretty bad ending in my opinion.

DarXidE
08-15-2010, 04:34 AM
The last house on the left.

7/10

It was a pretty good horror movie, had a pretty bad ending in my opinion.

it was good, but that **** scene was pretty intense :o

Stone_Cold22
08-19-2010, 07:22 AM
Elephant - 8/10

Bar Good Will Hunting, my favorite Gus Van Sant flick, loosely based off of Columbine, a really unforgettable film.

Acer
08-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7.5/10

The movie was pretty decent, had a good amount of laughs, good theme, and different.

Review:

Now in my opinion, although the movie had some nice jokes, the movie was very strange. The girl Scott Pilgrim falls in love with has 7 Evil Ex's and he must fight them to be her boyfriend. The fighting seems are extremely unrealistic, and do not make any sense at all. However, they are comical and remind of you of games like Street Fighter 4. Also, the themes were very clear and straightforward: You must fight for the one you love; Be confident and not self-concious about everything, etc. But, it is a nice story, will teach you lesson everyone already knows but may not think about, and is funny.

Stone_Cold22
08-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Well the movie is based off a graphic novel and was supposed to be the way it was. I give it a 8.5/10

Halloween (1978) - 9/10

Stone_Cold22
09-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Dogma - 8/10 - Funny but dragged at times, good movie overall but not as good as Clerks and Mallrats.

Tastelesshat
11-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Back to the Future 1 - 9.5/10

It was great, the characters were engaging, and I thought it set itself up for a sequel very well.

Stone_Cold22
12-02-2010, 07:01 AM
LOVE back to the future, bought the collectors edition on blu ray :)

Green13
01-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Ninja Assassin - 9/10

A young ninja turns his back on the orphanage that raised him, leading to a confrontation with a fellow ninja from the clan.

Storyline was good, although was predictable to some extent. However, the action scenes more than made up for it making this a great watch for action lovers.

Tony32
02-14-2011, 05:01 AM
Halloween 2 - Rob Zombie remake.

Eh, it was alright, wasn't as good as his first one, i was pretty disappointed with the ending, wasn't as good as it could have been.

5.5/10

MikeDecIsHere
02-14-2011, 06:31 AM
No Strings Attached

Yeah I like chick flicks, IDC. Freaking amazing movie! 9/10

steel dragons
02-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Salt.

It was really pretty good. The action scenes made up for any possible shortcomings (which I didn't see). I don't want to give much else away though. I'll give it a 10/10.

Tastelesshat
04-14-2011, 02:13 AM
Jean de Florette

A fascinating movie with a simple premise, that two crafty farmers want a plot of land that belongs to their neighbor, but it manages to be deep and at the same time realistic story of human greed. 9.7/10

MikeDecIsHere
04-14-2011, 05:50 AM
Hall Pass

Meh, nothing special. Humor was a bit dry, though there were some great parts. Also, there was a really ******* hot australian blonde chick that got naked. That was sick.

6/10

Overlord-Brian
04-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Debbie does dallas 10/10.. jk
Get him to the greek 8/10 I like stoner fics. but this one goes over the top a few times

FIL
04-15-2011, 10:33 PM
hop, cewwwt flufffyy little stuff bunnnyyyy!!!!
<3333
other than the bunny not the best movie.
7/10

Stone_Cold22
04-16-2011, 08:52 AM
uhh i think it was the incredibles? lmao 8/10

malom
06-12-2011, 08:18 PM
x men: first class - 9/10 easily best x men movie out of the whole bunch, good story, good acting, good special effects overall good =D

VietDonalds
06-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Pirate's of the Caribbean 4.
I absolutely love the series and if you do too this sequel won't change that. This movie has put all the characteristic's fans loved about the series into a big awesome sequel. It is classy funny and Jack's actions are still unpredictable. This is a definite see if your a fan of PtC or if your looking for a funny action movie to see.
The movie is basically Jack and his new "crewmates" are searching for the fountain of youth but they are competing against his old top mate Barbosa and the Spanish. So ultimately they get to the Fountain of Youth Black beard dies and his daughter Lives.
So my rating for this movie 9/10.

Stone_Cold22
06-26-2011, 07:58 PM
I loved x-men first class malom

Iris
06-27-2011, 01:02 AM
yea, xmen wasn't as bad as i was told. Nothing incredible, but it was enjoyable

shipowdon
06-28-2011, 10:57 PM
I heard the ending was.

cyndaquilfish
06-29-2011, 03:29 AM
Green Hornet.
8/10
So funny, but some parts were retarded. overall, very funny.

shipowdon
06-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Transformers was nice !

Iris
06-29-2011, 08:00 PM
The ending was what ship? incredible or enjoyable or not good?

Milos
06-30-2011, 07:40 AM
x-men first class was pretty great.

shipowdon
06-30-2011, 11:01 PM
The ending was what ship? incredible or enjoyable or not good?

not good.

Eos
06-30-2011, 11:05 PM
X-men was a really enjoyable movie to just sit back and watch the action.

Tony32
06-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Movie: Toy Story 3
Rating: 9/10

Very good enjoyable movie. It kept me interested until the very end of the story, the ending wasn't sad imo, it was more of a happy moment than a sad moment. Great movie, i have no idea why they would even bother with Toy Story 4, should have ended it this way.

Eternal
07-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Thor (7/10) - It was an alright movie, Natalie Portman being in it just made the movie better. What I didn't get is that Thor was an arrogant ******* that almost waged war against the Frost Giants and just likes to show off how powerful he is, but when it comes to people, he's a nice guy. My favorite character was Heimdall, the *****'s a beast but too bad there wasn't much action for him in this movie.

Pirates of the Carribean - On Stranger Tides (7/10) - Pirates of the Carribean is always fun to watch, but this movie didn't have Keira Knightley. It did have Penelope Cruz, but I'm not a big fan of her. It was a pretty fun movie to watch like all the Pirates of the Carribean movies. My favorite part was the ending when the Spanish did something rather unexpected (I really didn't expect it).

Fast Five (9/10) - God, I loved this movie. The best of the Fast and the Furious movies imo. It also featured the Rock and had a fighting scene with Vin Diesel, what else could you ask for. Hot girls, sweet cars, great action, etc. Everything you need for a great movie.

X-Men First Class (7/10) - I thought it was an alright movie. I'm a big fan of X-Men ever since I was a lilttle kid. But I was pretty disappointed with a lot of the stuff. Mystique didn't really act the way she should've. The movie didn't really explain everything, it just fast-forwarded everything like it was simple. There weren't much thought placed in this movie. It was probably made to just make a quick buck out of it. Mystique joins Magneto in the end when Xavier gets shot in the leg, and she's happy about it and leaves Beast with a smile. When the Beast turns into "The Beast," 2 mins later, everyone's like oh hey what's up. If you transformed into a sasquatch, people aren't go react like its normal in real life. And the Beast wasn't too terrified of it either, which was pretty stupid. There were a lot of problems in the movie. But overall, it was a pretty fun movie to watch I guess.

Dimes
07-03-2011, 02:43 PM
I edited your Pirates sentence because you're spoiling part of the ending. Try not to do that aaaa.

Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides- 6/10

What part of Pirates do you love? The sword fighting? The humour? The romance? Consider all of that to be watered down (except romance) in the new movie. To give the movie more flavour though, the story consistently involves a complex game of cat and mouse, where three parties are chasing down the Fountain of Youth: The Spanish, the English, and Blackbeard. In that, we have the English after the Spanish, the Spanish plotting against the English, and Blackbeard doing whatever the **** he wants. In that, we have our main character, Jack Sparrow, running away and avoiding as much fighting as possible, instead of just getting captured after an awesome fight, and then making an awesome escape. Then, we have another certain character (think about the Third) who is "cleverly" scheming against both of the other parties for his own motives.

As for the ending, it was great and possibly opened up the series to another installment (if it is decided). However, I really dislike how the supporting characters really were not included, seeing as they gave a Will/Elizabeth feel.

Praanoob
07-04-2011, 04:27 AM
Black Swan 4/10

I finally watched this movie on a recommendation from a friend and didn't like it at all. It was really..... Strange. It was filmed like a book, but without the detail that a book carries. Things happen in the start that come to a climax, but it isn't explained enough to keep you interested.

Eternal
07-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Super 8 - (7/10)

Alright movie, pretty much like ET. The movie seems to try to copy the idea from ET with something. Was an enjoyable movie.

kimmstreep
07-02-2012, 04:00 PM
I just finished the Avengers movie,Great action held in it.All comic superheros done the fabulous job and i like the most Hulk and Thor because they have great smart powers which are far enough to failure anyone.I /m give this movie 9 out of 10.

watch csi new york online without hidden charges @ tvs-csi-new-york.com

marialohan
07-05-2012, 01:23 AM
Last movie i have seen mission impossible. Its a American spy action movie.The action of the Tom Cruise was mind blowing. This is my all time favorite movie.

kavin01
07-05-2012, 03:54 PM
A few days ago i watched Residence Evil really it was awesome movie.
http://celebritywonder.ugo.com/wp/Milla_Jovovich_in_Resident_Evil:_Extinction_Wallpa per_7_1024.jpg

rannyann
07-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Recently i watch Fast and Furious movie and its really fantastic movie.
Stunts of cars are really very amazing.