PDA

View Full Version : PokeLab Server

Dark Abyss
09-28-2010, 02:07 AM
Well most of us now that Shoddy 2 is out in beta but is now known as PokeLab
Go here for details http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79808

I think we should try and set up a server up on there asap or when they are off beta stage. Thoughts guys?

Tastelesshat
09-28-2010, 02:33 AM
I'd say to do so.

Navy
09-28-2010, 07:02 AM
I'd say don't do so...

At least not yet!

PSN_shade
09-28-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm not even going to waste my time downloading this, I had expected something as nice looking as PO. but meh. when this is released fully and the switchover from shoddy to PokeLab happens and the 5th gen is introduced i will be leaving the interwebz to get on with my life as i dont have the time to waste learning a new generation.

PLDH-MajeSan
09-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Well most of us now that Shoddy 2 is out in beta but is now known as PokeLab
Go here for details http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79808

I think we should try and set up a server up on there asap or when they are off beta stage. Thoughts guys?

Terrible idea. Pokemon Online is everything Shoddy 2 is trying to be, except they've had it for months, and aren't limiting themselves to ****** Java code. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS. COLIN IS USING OUTDATED CODE TO TRY AND OUTDO A SUPERIOR, FASTER PROGRAM.

Edit: Oh but we have to acknowledge that both exist and it's great that we have multiple options. Just, one of them is bad.

Ciele
09-28-2010, 06:16 PM
It definitely makes sense to set up a server as soon as possible. I'm not a huge fan of PokeLab personally, but once the full version is up, it's going to be the simulator of choice for the majority of players, and Shoddy and PO will be largely forgotten.

Navy
09-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Terrible idea. Pokemon Online is everything Shoddy 2 is trying to be, except they've had it for months, and aren't limiting themselves to ****** Java code. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS. COLIN IS USING OUTDATED CODE TO TRY AND OUTDO A SUPERIOR, FASTER PROGRAM.

Stoled the words right out my mouth...

Mig
09-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Guys, I have a crazy idea....

Why not having a server in both?

Eternal
09-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Guys, I have a crazy idea....

Why not having a server in both?

Yea we can.

Also, I personally don't like Poke Lab. It looks the same as Shoddy, but smaller font (which is gay). And I hate how you can't use alts.

Kuja20
09-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed with Pokelab/Shoddy2. When I compare that to Pokemon Online...yeah. Little things irritate me with it. But either way there are people who aren't me who do like it, so we should definately get a server up on there, and start developing on Pokemon Online.

supertrunks8
09-30-2010, 11:04 AM
from what I saw, pokelab just... doesn't do it for me. I like Shoddy much better :P

Dark Abyss
10-01-2010, 03:48 AM
I think having servers on both PO and PokeLab would be good and better than not. PO > PokeLab imo but still won't hurt to have both.

zod
10-01-2010, 10:19 PM
you waited 4 years for this?

polelover44
10-07-2010, 07:23 PM
you waited 4 years for this?

This. Pokelab sucks. While it can't hurt to have a PL server, PO is much better, in fact I'd rather have a Shoddy server than a PL server.