PDA

View Full Version : Rotom-W Analysis (Updated)

steel dragons
10-04-2010, 04:14 PM
http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/503.png

Rotom-W

Type: Electric / Water

Ability:
Levitate- Takes no damage from Ground moves or from Spikes or Toxic Spikes. Also cannot be trapped by the Arena Trap ability.

Base Stats:
HP: 50
Attack: 65
Defense: 107
Special Attack: 105
Special Defense: 107
Speed: 86

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/479.shtml

Overview

Out of all of the Rotom forms, Rotom-W has benefited the most from the typing change. Its new Electric/Water typing only gives it one weakness (Grass), and while it is immune to Fighting or Normal moves, it gains resistances to Water, Fire, and Ice moves. Rotom-W's stab combination of Water and Electric moves hit most Pokemon for neutral damage. However, Rotom-W has to rely on a Hidden Power, whether it be Hidden Power Fire or Hidden Power Ice, to hit certain Pokemon that otherwise resist its stab moves. Rotom-W also has access to moves like Will-o-Wisp, Pain Split, and Trick, which can make it a good defensive Pokemon as well as a good offensive threat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Depth/Move Sets

Choiced Rotom-W
Rotom-W w/ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 252 Spe; 252 SpA; 4 Def

Hydro Pump
Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice
Trick / Volt Switch

Set Comments

This set is one of Rotom-W's best sets, whether for revenge killing or for scouting purposes. Rotom-W has some good resistances to Water, Fire, Ground, and Steel moves, so it can switch in on those. It can then either use Volt Switch to scout the opponent's team, or use another move, depending on the situation. Ground Pokemon could switch in on a predicted Volt Switch, thus meaning that Rotom-W would then have to switch. However, most Ground Pokemon would not like switching into a STAB Hydro Pump, so those Ground Types can't switch in so freely. Hydro Pump is the best and only choice for the first slot, as Hydro Pump is Rotom-W's only stab Water move, barring Hidden Power. For the second slot, Volt Switch is preferred, as Volt Switch can be used to maintain offensive momentum as well as deal decent damage. Thunderbolt can be used in its place though if a more powerful alternative is desired. Also, Thunderbolt has 100% accuracy as opposed to Hydro Pump's 80% accuracy, so Thunderbolt can be useful late-game if Rotom-W has to sweep the opposition. For the choice of Hidden Power, Hidden Power Fire is preferred. Hidden Power fire hits Ferrothorn, a major Rotom-W counter, for massive damage, and Hidden Power Fire also hits the other Grass Pokemon that resists Rotom-W's stab moves hard. Hidden Power Ice, on the other hand, is mainly used to hit some Dragon Pokemon like Dragonite and Salamence hard, as well as hitting the Grass Pokemon not named Ferrothorn hard. Trick is recommended for the last slot to cripple walls like Blissey and Chansey, but Volt Switch can be used here as well if Thunderbolt is being used on this set.

Additional Comments

Rotom-W prefers a Timid nature for this set, allowing it to out-speed as many threats as it can. If Rotom-W has Choice Specs, then it should have a Timid nature to out-speed major threats like Heatran and Lucario without speed boosts. A Modest nature is also an option in some situations, however. Rotom-W's EVs are simple, designed to maximize damage output while also maximizing its speed.

Bulky Offensive Rotom
Rotom-W w/ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpAtk; 144 Spe; 112 HP

Hydro Pump
Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
Will-O-Wisp / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice
Pain Split

Set Comments

This Rotom-W set is used for countering certain Pokemon, like Politoed, Gliscor, and Starmie. Its good resistances, along with Leftovers and Pain Split, allow it to survive for a long period of time in battles. It also has decent power to back up its attacks, since it has the modest nature and max special attack EVs. This particular set also works well against rain, since it matches up favorably against many of the common Rain Pokemon like Politoed, Starmie, Tornadus, and even Ferrothorn to an extent. Hydro Pump is used here, since it is the only real Water-typed move option that Rotom-W can use. Like the choiced set, Volt Switch is preferred for this set as well so that Rotom-W can maintain offensive momentum over the course of battles. Thunderbolt can be used in its place if a more powerful Electric move is desired. There are many viable options for the third slot. Will-O-Wisp is the primary option, as it allows Rotom-W to cripple physical attackers like Scizor, Tyranitar, Dragonite, and Ferrothorn. Hidden Power Fire can be used here as well, primarily to deal with Ferrothorn and other Grass typed Pokemon. Hidden Power Ice is yet another option, and it is used to counter the Dragons like Dragonite flying about. For the last slot, Pain Split is used to provide Rotom-W with a healing move. Rotom-W has a naturally low HP stat, so Pain Split works well with it.

Additional Comments

The EVs and nature give Rotom maximum Special Attack, as well as enough speed to outpace maximum speed Tyranitar. The maximum Special Attack investment is very important, as it allows Rotom to get some valuable KOs on Pokemon like Politoed and Tyranitar. Bulkier EVs could be used for this set, but the current EVs help Rotom more in this metagame.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other Options

Discharge - Could be used on Rotom-W sets, especially for the Offensive Rotom set, because of the 30% paralysis chance. However, Rotom-W is usually better off with either the added power from Thunderbolt or the Burns from Will-o-Wisp.
Thunder - Could be used along with Politoed's Drizzle, as well as with Rain Dance. It is Rotom-W's strongest available electric attack, and it has a handy 30% chance of paralysis. Thunder is inconsistent outside of Rainy weather though, only having 70% accuracy without rain.
Thunder Wave - Could be used on some sets, as paralyzing some foes can be helpful. Rotom-W is usually better served burning foes though with Will-o-Wisp.
Rain Dance - Could be good for Rotom-W, since it can enjoy using 100% accurate Thunders and Rain boosted Hydro Pump attacks. Also, since the combination of Drizzle + Swift Swim is banned, Rotom-W can use Rain Dance to support Pokemon like Swift Swim Kabutops and Swift Swim Kingdra.
Rest/Sleep Talk - Could be used to fully heal Rotom-W. However, Pain Split is preferred for Rotom-W, mainly since it only takes up one move slot.

Team Options

Scizor and Rotom-W resist each others' weaknesses, making them effective teammates. Scizor fares well against many of Rotom-W's counters, and it can even set up on some of them. Rotom-W is also one of the central Pokemon featured on Volt-Turn teams, or teams that use Volt Switch and U-Turn a lot with Pokemon like Landorus and Scizor to gain an advantage on their opponents. Volt-Turn teams tend to cause the opponent to switch a lot, so entry hazards on the opponent's side of the field will make Rotom-W's life a lot easier. Terrakion is also a helpful teammate to Rotom-W, as Terrakion can destroy some of Rotom-W's counters, including Pokemon like Blissey, Hydreigon, and Ferrothorn. Politoed also can work very well with Rotom-W since Rotom-W's Hydro Pump and Thunder attacks both benefit from Rain being active. Most of Rotom-W's counters tend to be Dragon-type Pokemon, so Mamoswine can work well here, since its Ice Shard attacks let it pick off many Dragons, even at high health. Mamoswine's Earthquake also heavily damages Ferrothorn.

Counters

Ferrothorn, Latios, Blissey, Hydreigon, Haxorus, and Dragonite are some of Rotom-W's best counters, as they all either resist Rotom-W's STAB moves or have enough special bulk to take Rotom-W's attacks. Ferrothorn, in particular, will usually be able to beat most Rotom-W sets since it has the bulk to take almost any of Rotom-W's attacks. Some Grass-typed Pokemon can also work well in countering Rotom-W. Ferrothorn, Celebi and Virizion can take nearly any hit from Rotom-W, and proceed to hit it back with strong Grass moves. Breloom also works very well against Rotom-W, since it resists Water and Electric moves and it can't get burned by Will-O-Wisp after one turn if it holds the Toxic Orb. For the Choiced sets, Rotom-W can be forced out by prediction alone, like switching Vaporeon into a Hydro Pump, or Landorus into a Thunderbolt. For the Offensive Rotom-W set, strong hits like Latios' Draco Meteor, will destroy it. Just watch out for Will-o-Wisp though, as it can cripple some of these counters if they aren't careful.

Opinion

Rotom-W is by far the best Rotom form out there now. It is so great because it can counter nearly every Water type due to its good resistances. Rotom-W has the moves, stats, and typing to be a top contender for a long time.

BBQ
10-05-2010, 03:18 PM
This set could definetly be promising. However, I just have a question. Is Volt Change physical or special? I would assume physical but I'm not sure.

Mig
10-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Is special

steel dragons
10-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Yup, its special, which adds to its appeal for Rotom-W. However, even if it was physical, it could be an option, since U-turn is helpful anyway.

I have a question though: Is levitate the only ability that the Rotom forms have? Because, if it is, then Rotom-S would have a useless ability, due to it being electric/flying.

BBQ
10-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Then that set is amazing for rotom. I wouldnt doubt that it will be used often in the metagame. They might be giving rotom s a new ability because that would be useless.

steel dragons
10-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Yes, I feel that it could become popular, especially because of its many resistances and above-average base defenses, and for its ability to switch out of an opponent with Volt Change.

Also, I sure hope that Rotom-S gets a new ability, as levitate is useless for it. (because of its electric/flying typing)

Any other sets that any of you feel that I should post here? I will list them if I feel that they deserve a spot on the thread, and will give credit where its due.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100926204803/pokemon/images/a/a4/Shanderaa_BW.png
This is what I'm doing next.

DDwhiscash
11-21-2010, 03:26 AM
i like the move-set , i think something like this would work for rotom-c also, since Ground types don't want to get owned by leaf storm

Dimes
11-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I think Rotom-C might ko Tyranitar with Leaf Storm now.

MikeDecIsHere
01-09-2011, 03:39 PM
The only reason that Rotom-S will be used is when someone uses it with a balloon for LOLs

steel dragons
01-28-2011, 07:14 PM
(BUMP)

Does anyone else have suggestions for this analysis? I could add some more sets if people think that they should be added.

MikeDecIsHere
01-28-2011, 08:09 PM
what about a bulky rotom-w?
I could make the set later to show you if you want

PSN_Eevee
01-28-2011, 08:19 PM
I'd also like to suggest that this analysis just be for Rotom-W, as it's the only Rotom form currently worth running at this point.

MikeDecIsHere
02-01-2011, 04:10 AM
I'd also like to suggest that this analysis just be for Rotom-W, as it's the only Rotom form currently worth running at this point.

Agreed. The other Rotom forms aren't even worth mentioning anymore, due to their loss of spin blocking.
Anyway, here's the bulky Rotom set

Bulky Rotom
Rotom-W w/ Leftovers
Bold
EVs 252 HP; 188 Def; 88 spDef
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
With its fantastic typing and defenses, Rotom-W essentially performs the role of Weezing, but with better results. Water/Electric with the ability Levitate leaves Rotom-W with only one weakness: Grass. The EV spread is designed so that Rotom-W acts as a Physical Wall while maintaining some special bulk in order to take neutral special attacks. Will-O-Wisp is great with Rotom, as it turns it into a physical tank while adding on residual damage. Pain Split is Rotom-W's best recovery move, and can be pretty reliable in getting Rotom a chunk of HP back. The last two move slots belong to Rotom-W's STAB. Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt are not only great attacking options, but they have excellent coverage with each other. The addition of STAB Hydro Pump is also a sweet tool for Rotom-W.

Hope this helps Steel.

steel dragons
02-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes it does, thanks for this set. I'll edit this analysis soon.

lapras6666
02-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Great, just one thing:
-Put Surf as an option instead of Hydro Pump.

MikeDecIsHere
02-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Great, just one thing:
-Put Surf as an option instead of Hydro Pump.

Rotom-W can't learn Surf iirc

lapras6666
02-15-2011, 08:35 PM
ah lol :$:$
I know, my advice sucks.

steel dragons
03-16-2011, 01:33 AM
Ok, I have fixed the format of this analysis, making it conform to the analysis format standards. Does anyone else have any suggestions here, because I'm considering removing the WIP tag in the near future.

MikeDecIsHere
03-16-2011, 01:45 AM
Changing the Bulky Rotom set a bit

Change the EV spread to 128 HP; 252 SpAtk; 128 Spe

Will-O-Wisp and Hidden Power Fire should be slashed in the same slot. Pain Split is the only option for the last slot.

This is the most popular Rotom Set around, and will probably be the standard

steel dragons
03-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Changing the Bulky Rotom set a bit

Change the EV spread to 128 HP; 252 SpAtk; 128 Spe

Will-O-Wisp and Hidden Power Fire should be slashed in the same slot. Pain Split is the only option for the last slot.

This is the most popular Rotom Set around, and will probably be the standard

What do those EVs do? I would think that a spread of 112 HP, 252 SpA, and 144 Spe would be better, as it outspeeds max speed Tyranitar.

MikeDecIsHere
03-16-2011, 02:12 AM
Who uses max speed tyranitar? Besides Eevee anyway.

DDwhiscash
03-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Me

MikeDecIsHere
03-16-2011, 07:27 PM
So then tell me, what wkuld Rotom out speeding t-tar do? Nothing really. The Ev spread is used so Rotom out speeds Adamant max speed Scizor and Breloom and moxt variants of Gliscor, which is all Rotom really needs to out speed.

steel dragons
03-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Ok then, don't most Gliscor run enough speed now to outpace all Tyranitars? If thats the case, then Rotom-W would need more, not less, speed.

MikeDecIsHere
03-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Most run 52 spe.

Valentine
03-23-2011, 02:16 AM
On the defensive set, don't defensive evs go further than HP evs in damage calcs?

EDIT: This is a random example, it seems defensive EVs are better. The percentages aren't too far apart, but i'm sure they can matter significantly more with different pokemon in different situations. Special Defense seems to matter a lot more in this circumstance; it's due to Scizors lack of natural SpD.

The move is Fire Punch
Naive LO Deoxys-S w/ 0 Atk hits Impish Scizor w/ 252 HP/0 Def ~ 70.9% - 83.7%
Naive LO Deoxys-S w/ 0 Atk hits Impish Scizor w/ 0 HP/252 Def ~ 69.8% - 82.6%

The move is Hidden Power Fire
Naive LO Deoxys-S w/ 0 SpA hits Calm Scizor w/ 252 HP/0 SpD ~ 79.1% - 94.2%
Naive LO Deoxys-S w/ 0 SpA hits Calm Scizor w/ 0 HP/252 SpD ~ 74% - 88.3%

The defensive EVs protect Scizor more, apposed to the HP EVs.

Doesn't this mean that 252 Def/252 SpD would be the most effective; bar taking seismic tosses/night shades? At the least, the 188 should be put into HP, and the 252 into defense. 188 HP also puts Rotom at 288, which is divisible by 12, which puts leftovers at maximum recovery.

Does anybody have calcs/examples that go against this?

SilentDreams
03-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Put this in the new format for you :) I moved the information about the other forms of Rotom to the bottom since the analysis focuses on the one form of Rotom, and the others seem to be extra information. Feel free to move them back/correct me if I'm wrong!

http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/503.pnghttp://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/503.pnghttp://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/503.png

Rotom-W
This is Rotom-W, the washing machine-like Rotom form. The analysis will primarily feature Rotom-W, since it is now the best Rotom form to use. However, below is a section that discusses all of the Rotom forms.
Type: Electric/Water

Ability:
Levitate- "Damage dealing Ground-type moves have no effect on this Pokemon. Cannot be trapped by Arena Trap ability. Takes no damage from Spikes." (Serebii)

Base Stats:
HP: 50
Attack: 65
Defense: 107
Special Attack: 105
Special Defense: 107
Speed: 86

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/479.shtml

Overview (Rotom-W)

Out of all of the Rotom forms, Rotom-W has benefited the most from the typing change. It's new Electric/Water typing only gives it one weakness (Grass), and, while not being immune to Fighting or Normal moves, it gains resistances to Water, Fire, and Ice moves, which isn't bad. Its main stab moves (Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump) are also pretty powerful. However, Rotom-W has to rely on Hidden Power Ice to hit most Grass or Dragon Pokemon. With Hidden Power Ice though, it gains very good coverage (similar to Starmie's good coverage with Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam), and that coverage is resisted by very few Pokemon. Rotom-W also has access to moves like Will-o-Wisp, Pain Split, and Volt Switch, which can make it both a good defensive Pokemon as well as a good offensive threat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Depth/Move Sets:

Choiced Rotom-W
Rotom-W w/ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Timid / Modest nature
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Def

Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice / Trick / Will-o-Wisp
Volt Switch / Trick / Will-o-Wisp

Set Comments

This set is one of Rotom-W's best sets, whether for revenge killing, or for scouting purposes. Rotom-W has some good resistances to Water, Fire, Ground, and Steel moves that it can switch in on. It can then either use Volt Switch to scout the opponent's team, or use another move, depending on the situation. Ground Pokemon could switch in on a predicted Volt Switch, thus meaning that Rotom-W would then have to switch. However, most Ground Pokemon would not like switching into a stab Hydro Pump, so those Ground Types can't switch in so freely. Hydro Pump is necessary here for obvious reasons, being Rotom-W's strongest stab move. For the second slot, Thunderbolt is preferred for the consistent damage output. Again, don't forget that Hydro Pump, not Thunderbolt, is the strongest move on this set, just in case you forget Rotom-W's new typing. Its third move, Hidden Power Ice, is needed to hit those grass and dragon types that may want to switch in on this set. Its fourth move, Volt Switch, is important as well, as it allows Rotom-W to, again, scout the opponent's team. In place of the third and fourth moves, though, Trick and Will-o-Wisp can be used. Trick can allow Rotom-W to cripple one of its counters, like Blissey, while Will-o-Wisp can be used to cripple certain physical sweepers like Tyranitar.

Additional Comments

Rotom-W prefers a timid nature for this set, allowing it to outspeed as many threats as it can. If Rotom-W has Choice Specs, then it should have a Timid nature, pretty much no matter what, to outspeed major threats like Heatran, Lucario, and Chandelure (Ghost/Fire Pokemon, base 85 speed) without speed boosts. Rotom-W's EVs are simple, designed to maximize damage output while also maximizing its speed.

Bulky Rotom - suggested by MikeDecIsHere
Rotom-W w/ Leftovers
Bold nature
EVs 252 HP, 188 Def, 88 SpD

Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Will-O-Wisp / Hidden Power Fire
Pain Split / Hidden Power Fire

Set Comments

"With its fantastic typing and defenses, Rotom-W essentially performs the role of Weezing, but with better results. Water/Electric with the ability Levitate leaves Rotom-W with only one weakness: Grass. The EV spread is designed so that Rotom-W acts as a Physical Wall while maintaining some special bulk in order to take neutral special attacks. Will-O-Wisp is great with Rotom, as it turns it into a physical tank while adding on residual damage. Pain Split is Rotom-W's best recovery move, and can be pretty reliable in getting Rotom a chunk of HP back. The last two move slots belong to Rotom-W's STAB. Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt are not only great attacking options, but they have excellent coverage with each other. The addition of STAB Hydro Pump is also a sweet tool for Rotom-W." (from MikeDecIsHere)
Also, Hidden Power Fire can be used instead of Will-o-Wisp or Pain Split to do heavy damage to the likes of Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Forretress.

Additional Comments

The EVs and nature have already been explained here, but the EVs basically give Rotom-W good physical bulk while retaining the ability to take some special hits. The nature is Bold, because Rotom-W wants to be physically defensive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other Options:

Discharge- Can be used for the Bulky Rotom set for the 30% chance of Paralyzing an opponent. Rotom-W might paralyze an opponent that it would wish to Burn though, such as Scizor.
Hidden Power Fire- An option on most Rotom-W sets, as it hurts Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Forretress more than any of Rotom-W's other moves.
Rain Dance- Can be used, as Drizzle with Swift Swim is banned right now. Rotom-W can make good use of Rain Dance, hitting opponents hard with boosted Hydro Pumps and accurate Thunders.
Rotom-W can also run a set with Rest and Sleep Talk, but Pain Split is usually better for Rotom-W, since Pain Split only takes up one move slot.
Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray can make for a Para-fusion set, but that is usually better for Rotom-S because of its access to Air Slash, which has a 30% chance to make the opponent flinch.

Teammates

A Specially Mixed Blaziken, offensively, can work well with Rotom-W, as they each resist some of the others weaknesses, and because specially mixed Blaziken can take out many of Rotom-W's top counters, barring Latios in most cases. Scizor can work offensively and defensively with Rotom-W. Rotom-W resists the fire attacks aimed at Scizor while Scizor resists the Grass attacks thrown at Rotom-W, and Scizor can fare decently against many of Rotom-W's top counters. Latios is also a good offensive and defensive partner as well. A lot of Pokemon resist grass attacks, but Grass attacks aren't thrown around much these days, so keep that in mind.

Counters

Ferrothorn, Latios, Blissey, Hydreigon, and Salamence are some of Rotom-W's best counters, as they all either resist Rotom-W's stab moves or just have enough special bulk to take Rotom-W's attacks. Ferrothorn, in particular, will usually be able to beat most Rotom-W sets. For the choiced sets, Rotom-W can be forced out by prediction alone, like switching Vaporeon into a Hydro Pump, or Garchomp into a Thunderbolt. For the bulky Rotom-W set, strong hits, like hits from Latios' Draco Meteor, will wear it down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rotom Forms Discussion

In the fifth generation, the Rotom forms' typing has changed, meaning that each Rotom form is type Electric plus the type of the form; so this means:
http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/499.pngRotom-H: Type Electric/Fire
http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/500.pngRotom-C: Type Electric/Grass
http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/501.pngRotom-F: Type Electric/Ice
http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/502.pngRotom-S: Type Electric/Flying

The normal Rotom form still retains its same old Electric/Ghost typing.

Overview (Rotom Forms)

So, what do these new typings mean for the Rotom forms? Just because of the typing change, the Rotom forms all have different strategies and newer strengths and weaknesses. For one thing, Rotom-H, F, and S all have a Stealth Rock weakness, meaning that they will probably be less-used in this metagame, since Stealth Rocks are still popular in this generation. Also, each form gains some, unique advantages and disadvantages in terms of typing. For example, Rotom-F now can become even better in Hail weather, since it has a stab Blizzard, and because it doesn't take damage from Hail. Rotom-W now gets a stab Hydro Pump, and gets some useful resistances to Fire, Water, Ice, and Ground moves, while only taking super-effective damage from Grass moves. Rotom-H exchanges its weaknesses from Ghost and Dark to Water and Rock, meaning that it becomes weak to stealth rock. Rotom-C has two useful stab moves to hit Water types with, and it gains some useful resistances, like having resistances to Electric, Grass, Water, and Steel moves. Rotom-S basically becomes an inferior Zapdos or Thundurus now, and it has a useless ability in Levitate. All of the Rotom forms still have Levitate, meaning that they will not take any damage from Ground based moves, as well as not taking damage from Spikes or Toxic Spikes. However, all of the Rotom forms lost their spin-blocking status, as well as their immunity to Explosion.

Credits
I give credit to Serebii for the move, stat, and other information concerning Rotom-A. I also give credit to Smogon for helpful information on Rotom-A also. I give credit to Smogon for the images. I give credit to the helpful people on TU who helped me with this analysis.

If any of you have any suggestions for this set, than please SPEAK UP! If you can explain yourself well enough, then I will consider adding your set.

From,
Steel Dragons

steel dragons
03-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Ok, thanks SilentDreams for the edits.

MikeDecIsHere
03-31-2011, 01:35 PM
I lied. Rotom-w should be running around 245 spe (thank you Ciele)

I believe that puts 104 hp; 252 spAtk; 152 spe (if running HP fire) as the correct ev spread

Edit: I can't do math

steel dragons
03-31-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm assuming that this is for the defensive set, or for another set?

Also, what would the nature be? Modest, Bold, or something else?

Ciele
03-31-2011, 06:52 PM
Rotom-w needs 148 EVs to reach 245 Speed, and 152 if it's running Hidden Power Fire (since that requires a Speed IV of 30 to use). This is assuming that it has a Modest nature, which is the standard.

steel dragons
07-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Ok, I think this is ready to go up on site now!

steel dragons
07-18-2011, 05:22 AM
BUMP

Is this ready to be stickied, or do more changes need to be made to it? I can't find anything else wrong with this now.

Tony32
07-19-2011, 12:56 AM
There is an error in the format for all sets and main areas.(10) Set 1 ability in wrong place. Check format

steel dragons
07-20-2011, 08:28 PM
There is an error in the format for all sets and main areas.(10) Set 1 ability in wrong place. Check format

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I don't see this error? Could you point it out to me more clearly please? I have checked the format, and as far as I can tell the format is correct. I have looked at some of my stickied analyses, and this analysis seems to be nearly the same as those stickied analyses, format-wise.

I also don't know what you mean by '(10)', and I don't see how the set one ability is in the wrong place.

Again, if you could explain this error to me, then I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Tony32
07-21-2011, 05:28 PM
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I don't see this error? Could you point it out to me more clearly please? I have checked the format, and as far as I can tell the format is correct. I have looked at some of my stickied analyses, and this analysis seems to be nearly the same as those stickied analyses, format-wise.

I also don't know what you mean by '(10)', and I don't see how the set one ability is in the wrong place.

Again, if you could explain this error to me, then I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

It's the online analysis format coder, it's not wrong. Look over your analysis closely and compare it to Mikes Ferrothorn analysis.

lester101
08-05-2011, 04:24 AM
maybe mention hidden power fire in the choice set to catch ferrothorn on the swich?

SilentDreams
10-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Just went through this and changed a few minor things. Some things that need fixing though:
-Overview: Comments on the base stats?
-Choiced set: Explain the EVs and when a Modest nature could be used.
-Perhaps elaborate a little more on teammates?

Are there any sets that need to be changed or added?
Otherwise looking good!

steel dragons
05-01-2012, 03:39 PM
I have updated this analysis, mainly in the move options and descriptions.

If you have any thoughts / comments / suggestions, please let me know.

lapras6666
05-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Two little nitpicks:
-On team options mention Volt-turn teams, as Rotom-W is one of these team's biggest assets. Mention some of Volt-turn's biggest users, like Landorus, Celebi, etc. Also mention hazards, as Volt Switch forces a lot of switches.
-Then, mention Breloom as a counter, as even though Rotom-W can Will-o-wisp it the turn it first turn it switches in, it can also switch on a predict a volt switch when the opponent is offguard. Plus, Choice Scarf is more common than LO.

steel dragons
05-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Plus, Choice Scarf is more common than LO.

What do you mean by this? I don't have life orb listed for any sets, so I'm sort of confused here.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions; I have added them in.

lapras6666
05-01-2012, 10:13 PM
What do you mean by this? I don't have life orb listed for any sets, so I'm sort of confused here.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions; I have added them in.

oh my bad, meant leftovers

MikeDecIsHere
05-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Mention Thunder is used with Drizzle, not Rain Dance.