PDA

View Full Version : Scrafty Analysis

steel dragons
10-07-2010, 08:43 PM
http://shaym.in/media/bw-sprites/560.pnghttp://shaym.in/media/bw-sprites/560.pnghttp://shaym.in/media/bw-sprites/560.png
Scrafty

Type: Fighting/Dark

Abilities:
Shed Skin- "Every turn, it has a 1 in 3 chance of healing from a status condition (BURN, PARAYLZE, SLEEP, POISON, FREEZE)." (from Serebii)
Moxie- "Attack is raised by one stage when the Pokemon knocks out another Pokemon." (from Serebii)
Intimidate (Dream World; Unreleased)- "Upon entering battle, the opponent’s Attack lowers one stage. In a Double Battle, both opponents’ Attack are lowered. Pokémon with the Clear Body, Hyper Cutter, or White Smoke ability are unaffected. In a link battle, if both sides switch on the same turn, and first player sends out a Pokémon with Intimidate, the opponent’s Attack will be lowered before the opponent’s Pokémon switches." (from Serebii)

Base Stats:
HP: 65
Attack: 90
Defense: 115
Special Attack: 45
Special Defense: 115
Speed: 58

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/560.shtml

Overview

At first glance, Scrafty doesn’t seem like a good Pokemon, especially compared to other Fighting-types introduced in gen V. It has an average Attack stat, and its Speed stat is mediocre at best. However, Scrafty does possess some attributes that give it an edge over other Fighting-types. First of all, Scrafty only has two weaknesses: Fighting and Flying. Flying-type attacks aren’t that common, so Scrafty really only has to be wary of the Fighting-type attacks. Scrafty also resists Rock, Ghost, and Dark, all of which are fairly common type attacks. This lack of weaknesses combined with above-average defenses makes Scrafty tough to take down. This Pokemon also has two good abilities: Shed Skin and Moxie. Shed Skin can be used on a defensive set, while Moxie can be used on an offensive set. Under the right conditions, Scrafty is able to run through teams and can become a valuable weapon when used correctly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Depth/Move Sets:

http://shaym.in/media/bw-sprites/560.png
Dragon Dance Sweeper
Scrafty w/ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Jolly nature
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 Def

Dragon Dance
Drain Punch / Hi Jump Kick
Crunch
Ice Punch / Stone Edge

Set Comments

Scrafty has an average attack stat and low speed stat, but it still can make good use of Dragon Dance. After a Dragon Dance its speed reaches 354, which is enough to out-speed threats like Gengar, Infernape, and Terakion. Drain Punch is preferred for the second slot. Even though it doesn't have high base power, its HP recovery, combined with Leftovers recovery, could keep Scrafty alive for a while. Hi Jump Kick can be used instead of Drain Punch. Hi Jump Kick is a 130 base power attack that can hurt many Pokemon. Crunch is really the best option for the third slot, as it is Scrafty's best Dark-typed move. For the last slot, Ice Punch is preferred, as it hits many targets like Garchomp, Gliscor, and Salamence for super-effective damage. Stone Edge can be used instead, getting better coverage against foes like Zapdos and Gyarados.

Additional Comments

Scrafty needs to have a Jolly nature with max speed EVs to out-speed as many threats as possible after a Dragon Dance. An Adamant nature could be used, but then you wouldn't even out-speed positive natured base 100 Pokemon (capping at 323 speed). The ability Moxie is preferred here, as it increases your attack by one stage after every KO. Leftovers is the preferred item here, as Leftovers recovery combined with Drain Punch recovery can keep Scrafty around for a while. Life Orb is a valid option though, as it can make Scrafty into an even more fearsome sweeper, at the cost of some durability. Hi Jump Kick would be recommended with Life Orb.

Bulky Bulk Up Sweeper
Scrafty w/ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
Careful nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Atk
Bulk Up
Rest / Substitute
Drain Punch
Payback / Crunch

Set Comments

Scrafty is bulky to begin with, and after a few Bulk Up boosts, this set can really become hard to stop. Rest is preferred for the second slot because it heals Scrafty from status effects and recovers lost HP. Shed Skin should be used along with Rest as it has a 1/3 chance of removing the self-induced sleep caused by Rest. Substitute can also be used to protect Scrafty from weaker attacks, especially after a few Bulk Up boosts. Drain Punch is really the best option for the third slot because it is a decently powered attack, and it gives some HP back to Scrafty, making it that much harder to stop. For the fourth slot, Payback is recommended because Scrafty will usually be attacked last due to its low base speed. If you don't want Payback, Crunch can work as a more consistent option. It will usually be less powerful than Payback, but it has more PP than Payback and prevents Scrafty from being pressure stalled as frequently. Stone Edge and Rock Slide could be used over the Dark move, however that isn't recommended because Scrafty would lose out on some coverage.

Additional Comments

The EVs and nature are pretty simple. 252 HP and 252 SpD EVs, along with a Careful nature give Scrafty the best possible specially defensive bulk. It won't need physical bulk as much since it would be boosting its defense with Bulk Up. Shed Skin is the best nature to have on this set because it gives Scrafty a 1/3 chance to heal from status and to wake up earlier from Rest-induced sleep every turn. Ice Punch can be used alongside Drain Punch to hit certain threats, such as the common Garchomps and Gliscors, but a Dark move is usually better, mainly for the coverage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other Options

Fire Punch - Could be used, especially on the Dragon Dancer set, to hit Pokemon like Skarmory, Scizor, and Ferrothorn for decent damage. The other moves (Crunch, Drain Punch, Ice Punch) usually work better though.
Thunderpunch- Could be used on the Dragon Dancer set to hit Water Pokemon, notably Gyarados, for decent damage. Again, it is mostly outclassed by the normal moves.
Head Smash - Could be used on these sets, since it is a very powerful Rock attack. However, the recoil and sub-par accuracy make it unappealing.
Rock Slide - Could be used over Stone Edge for the Dragon Dance set if accuracy is preferred over power.
Dragon Tail - Could be used to phaze out threatening Pokemon. It isn't affected by Taunt, and it could be used on a utility-like Scrafty set. However, a Utility Scrafty is usually outclassed by the sweeper sets.
Taunt- Could be useful, primarily to stop the opponent from setting up. However, there is not usually room for Taunt in Scrafty's main sets.

Teammates

Fighting is one of Scrafty's main weaknesses, so Pokemon that resist Fighting moves can work well with Scrafty. Gyarados and Zapdos are good Pokemon to use as they can counter physical walls and most Fighting Pokemon reasonably well. Thundurus also fares well against most of Scrafty's counters, as it has the ability to deal heavy damage to Zapdos, Gyarados, Skarmory, Scizor, Conkeldurr, and Machamp, especially after a Nasty plot boost. Thundurus resists the Fighting priority moves that can hurt Scrafty, and it also counters most Scizor sets to an extent. Salamence also can work well with Scrafty. Salamence resists all of Scrafty's weaknesses, and it can use moves such as Draco Meteor and Fire Blast to deal heavy damage to most of Scrafty's counters. Sweeper Starmie sets, especially with Psychic, can also be useful for getting rid of most of Scrafty's counters. In terms of setting up entry hazards, Forretress can work well with Scrafty. Unlike Ferrothorn, Forretress doesn't share any weaknesses with Scrafty, and Forretress has access to all of the entry hazard moves and Rapid Spin.

Counters

Physical walls can doom Scrafty sets. Pokemon like Hippwodon and Skarmory can switch in, take a hit, then phaze Scrafty out. Even after a Dragon Dance, Scrafty isn't all that fast. Base 115 Speed Pokemon like Starmie can be faster than Scrafty after one Dragon Dance boost. Bulky Fighting Pokemon can also cause Scrafty some problems. Conkeldurr and Machamp, in particular, can easily counter Scrafty. Scizor can set up a Swords Dance on Scrafty, then proceed to use Bug Bite for heavy damage. Other bulky Pokemon like Zapdos and Gyarados can also be used as counters for Scrafty, as long as Scrafty doesn't carry Stone Edge. In general, if a Pokemon is decently bulky and Scrafty does not have a super-effective attack against that Pokemon, then that Pokemon will fare well against Scrafty. Scrafty isn't the most threatening sweeper in the current metagame, so many Pokemon can set up in Scrafty's face and sweep if they are bulky enough.

Opinion

Scrafty has great defensive stats, excellent coverage with its STAB, Fighting, and Dark moves, and good abilities. It can effectively use both Bulk Up Sweeper, and Dragon Dance sets. If you don't have a counter for Scrafty, it will be hard to stop, as its defenses will allow it to set up, then sweep. Scrafty may not have all of the tools of a sweeper, but it can certainly become a valuable asset to your team.

Credits

I give credit to Serebii for the move, stat total, and other related information concerning Scrafty. I also give credit to Smogon for other information concerning Scrafty as well. I give credit to shaym.in.com (?) for the images.

From,
Steel Dragons

steel dragons
10-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Ok, finished the Zuruzukin analysis.

I have a question though: should any more sets be included here? If you give me a good-looking set, I'll include it on here. If you could give your input, I would very much appreciate it.

Iggylow
10-09-2010, 11:58 AM
bulk up set looks beastly

A Communist
10-09-2010, 09:09 PM
I'd just like to say, 252 Speed isn't necessary. Split it up among the defenses and HP and Speed doesn't matter anymore, it can take a lot of hits well. Not to mention being slow doesn't hurt it one bit, thanks to Drain Punch healing off what it takes and Payback getting a high base power. I found Ice Punch useful for hitting the likes of Gliscor and any other counter-fliers aside from Skarmory.

steel dragons
10-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Well...I think that max speed is only really necessary for the dragon dance set.

So, I mostly agree with you, aside from the dragon dance set, it doesn't need any speed EVs.

A Communist
10-10-2010, 11:31 PM
*Facepalm*

In the first set you posted, I counfused to abbreviation for Sp. Def. with the abbreviation for Speed. Sorry about that.

steel dragons
10-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Ok, no problem A Communist.

Hey people! Write some good analysis for these new, 5th Gen pokemon! We really could use these to boost the popularity of Team Uber in general!

Lavityranitar
12-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Amen. Then we can take over the online Pokemon world! *evil laugh* We could make a Teamuber clan on Serribi, Pojo etc.

PSN_Eevee
12-06-2010, 04:57 AM
I just want to make it clear that High Jump Kick is flat out not an option for the Bulk Up set -- it allows the opponent to effectively neutralize Zurzukin's potential to actually do damage by pivoting between a Dark (or, depending on the move choices, Rock) resist and letting it kill itself with High Jump Kick damage or force it out of Rest PP/force it out in general quickly.

I would however like to mention that a Sub Bulk Up set is completely viable -- Sub/DrainPunch/BulkUp/Payback is a really solid set, and though it's a little outclassed by Roobushin, Zurzukin's superior defenses make it a seriously threatening set, especially when you consider that Dragon Tail can't phaze out Pokes behind subs.

DDwhiscash
12-06-2010, 07:21 AM
*agrees* w/ eevee u lose alot if your jump kick misses Zur can be picked off easily

TheLegendary35
12-07-2010, 12:05 AM
If it was possible for Zuruzukin to have DD and Amnesia on the same set, you could combine that with Intimidate and it would be broken. Like "This thing is the Gen V Arceus" kind of broken.

I don't care what you guys say, Zuruzukin and Sazandora are my favorite Pokemon ever. Sazandora is epic and has my two big fave types, and Zuruzukin is just beast all around. Defenses equal to that of Suicune, access to Dragon Dance, and an Intimidate+Amnesia combo means you can take physical and Special hits with ease.

steel dragons
12-07-2010, 03:05 PM
If it was possible for Zuruzukin to have DD and Amnesia on the same set, you could combine that with Intimidate and it would be broken. Like "This thing is the Gen V Arceus" kind of broken.

I don't care what you guys say, Zuruzukin and Sazandora are my favorite Pokemon ever. Sazandora is epic and has my two big fave types, and Zuruzukin is just beast all around. Defenses equal to that of Suicune, access to Dragon Dance, and an Intimidate+Amnesia combo means you can take physical and Special hits with ease.

That might work, however I think it would take too long to set up. In two turns, your opponent could have switched in a counter and have done a set up move (like Dragon dance) with that counter.

Ok, Eevee/DDWhiscash, I'll make Drain Punch the main option for the bulk up set.

I'll also make a Sub/Bulk Up set, as it sounds good.

If anyone has less generic EVs for the bulky sets (Rest/Bulk Up, Sub/Bulk Up), please let me know.

TheLegendary35
12-17-2010, 08:56 PM
That might work, however I think it would take too long to set up. In two turns, your opponent could have switched in a counter and have done a set up move (like Dragon dance) with that counter.

Ok, Eevee/DDWhiscash, I'll make Drain Punch the main option for the bulk up set.

I'll also make a Sub/Bulk Up set, as it sounds good.

If anyone has less generic EVs for the bulky sets (Rest/Bulk Up, Sub/Bulk Up), please let me know.

I see what you mean. My argument would be that one could quickly Amnesia on the switch and then just DD. Dark/Fighting is an unresisted combination, and with a single DD it can do a lot with 90 base Attack and Defenses equal to that of Suicune. SpDef would have been doubled by then.

Don't say Taunt, I know that'll ruin it lol.

lapras6666
02-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Take a look at this set:
Zuruzukin @ Leftovers
252 HP 128 Atk 64 Def 64 SpDef
Intimidate/Impish
-Anmesia
-Dragon Tail
-Drain Punch
-Toxic

This is supposed to be a set to stop sweepers. Toxic for the walls that come in.

I personally love this poke i've used it as a sweeper and 20% of the matches that I play he can SWEEP TEAMS! That Bulk Up set seems like a great counter to any sweeper. Also, put Drain Punch as an option in the DD set. I've used DP and it has worked wonders.

steel dragons
02-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Ok, thanks for the suggestions Lapras. I'm not completely sold on the set though. Anyone have any thoughts for it?

PSN_Eevee
03-05-2011, 02:28 PM
The EVs need work and it's sort of complete gliscor bait.

steel dragons
03-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Eevee, do you mean Lapras' set, or other sets as well?

On a side note, I'm going to edit this analysis soon. I've noticed lately that a lot of DD Scraftys carry Ice Punch for Gliscors/Garchomps.

PSN_Eevee
03-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Referring to Lapras's set.

Also, all DDZuru run Ice Punch.

steel dragons
03-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Yeah, that makes sense. Stone Edge should be an secondary option.

steel dragons
03-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Ok, I'm done with the massive edit, making this analysis conform to the analysis format standards. I changed the Dragon Dance set, editing out some of the slashed options, and making Ice Punch the primary option for the fourth slot. I also added in the teammates and Other options sections as well.

If any of you have any thoughts, please let me know! I believe that I have covered everything here.

MikeDecIsHere
03-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Ice Punch might want to be slashed in in the bulk up set, as one reason to use Scrafty over Roobushin is its access to Ice Punch. Other than that I don't see anything else wrong with this.

steel dragons
03-10-2011, 04:50 PM
So can the WIP tag come off then? Or would I need to get approval from other places as well?

MikeDecIsHere
03-11-2011, 05:37 PM
can you mention Ice Punch somewhere in the Bulky Set?

steel dragons
03-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Ok, I have mentioned Ice Punch there.

If no one objects, I'm going to remove the WIP tag from this in the near future. If you have any more thoughts, please let me know.

lapras6666
03-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Lum Berry sould be mentioned on the DD set. It can stop burns and paralyses that coud ruin your sweep.

steel dragons
04-05-2011, 05:18 PM
OK, time to be QC checked!

If anyone has any thoughts, again, let me know.

DDwhiscash
04-05-2011, 08:47 PM
remove mention of Blaziken in counters. Since it's Ubers now and we follow smogon tiers.

steel dragons
04-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Ok, I'll edit that, thanks.

TheDragonTrio
04-14-2011, 01:39 AM
I would like to say that on the bulk up set, using rest is risky, because you could get unlucky with shed skin and end up being turned into set-up bait. It happened to me before. Just pointing that out.

steel dragons
04-14-2011, 04:12 PM
True, that could happen, and that is one risk that you take when using Bulk Up Scrafty.

DDwhiscash
04-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Shed Skin is the best nature to have on this

Huh?

SilentDreams
04-17-2011, 03:32 AM
New format :)

http://shaym.in/media/bw-sprites/560.pnghttp://shaym.in/media/bw-sprites/560.pnghttp://shaym.in/media/bw-sprites/560.png
Scrafty

Abilities:
Shed Skin- "Every turn, it has a 1 in 3 chance of healing from a status condition (BURN, PARAYLZE, SLEEP, POISON, FREEZE)." (from Serebii)
Moxie- "Attack is raised by one stage when the Pokemon knocks out another Pokemon." (from Serebii)
Intimidate (Dream World)- "Upon entering battle, the opponent’s Attack lowers one stage. In a Double Battle, both opponents’ Attack are lowered. Pokémon with the Clear Body, Hyper Cutter, or White Smoke ability are unaffected. In a link battle, if both sides switch on the same turn, and first player sends out a Pokémon with Intimidate, the opponent’s Attack will be lowered before the opponent’s Pokémon switches." (from Serebii)

Base Stats:

Overview

Well, Scrafty certainly is an interesting Pokemon. While at first glance this Pokemon may not have much going for it, consider these facts: Scrafty only has two weaknesses, Fighting and Flying, and Flying attacks aren't that common. Scrafty, however, only has three resistances, Rock, Ghost, and Dark. This Pokemon can be tough to take down because of its above-average defenses and its lack of common weaknesses to most common attacks. Of course, Scrafty does have a weakness to the very common Fighting moves flying around everywhere, and it has average attack at best and a low speed stat, so it isn't the best offensive weapon. Scrafty is able to sweep under the right conditions, and when used correctly, Scrafty can become a valuable weapon.

Zuruzukin has three good abilities. Shed Skin can be used on defensive sets like the Bulk Up sets, mainly because it can heal status, also including sleep from Rest. Moxie can be used on sweeper sets like the Dragon Dancer sets, and it can be tough to handle it Zuruzukin knocks out one or two opposing Pokemon. Intimidate is a great ability as well, as it allows Zuruzukin to switch into physical attacks better.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Depth/Move Sets

Bulky Bulk Up Sweeper
Scrafty w/ Leftovers
Careful nature

Bulk Up
Rest / Substitute
Drain Punch
Payback / Crunch

Set Comments

This set can really become hard to stop after many Bulk Up boosts. Scrafty, which is bulky to begin with, even becomes more bulky after a few Bulk Ups. Bulk Up is nessecary here for obvious reasons. Rest is preferred for the second slot, because it can be used to heal Scrafty from status and to recover lost HP. This is why Shed Skin is the preferred ability, or because then Scrafty has a chance to wake up from Rest sooner than usual. Substitute can be used also to protect Scrafty from weaker attacks, especially after a few Bulk Up boosts. Between Substitute, Leftovers Recovery, and Drain Punch, Scrafty can be an annoying Pokemon to face. Drain Punch is really the best option for the third slot, because it is a decently powered attack, and it gives some HP back to Scrafty, making it that much harder to stop. For the fourth slot, Payback is recommended because Scrafty will usually be attacked last most of the time because of its low base speed. If you don't want Payback, Crunch can work as a more consistent option. It will usually be less powerful than Payback, however it has more PP than Payback and allows Scrafty to not be Pressure stalled as much. Stone Edge and Rock Slide could be used over the Dark move, however that isn't recommended because Scrafty would lose out on some coverage.

Additional Comments

The EVs and nature are pretty simple. 252 HP and 252 SpD EVs, along with a Careful nature, give Scrafty the best possible specially defensive bulk. It won't need physical bulk as much since it would be boosting its defense with Bulk Up. Shed Skin is the best nature to have on this set because then, every turn, Scrafty has a 1/3 chance to heal from status and to wake up earlier from Rest-induced sleep. Ice Punch can be used alongside Drain Punch to hit certain threats, such as the common Garchomps and Gliscors, but a Dark move is usually better, mainly for the coverage.

Dragon Dance Sweeper
Scrafty w/ Leftovers/Life Orb
Jolly nature

Dragon Dance
Crunch
Ice Punch / Stone Edge

Set Comments

Yes, Scrafty has an average attack stat, and it has a low speed stat, however it still can make good use of Dragon Dance. After a Dance, its speed reaches 354, enough to outspeed threats like Gengar, Infernape, and Terakion. Scrafty obviously needs Dragon Dance for the first slot. Drain Punch is preferred for the second slot. Even though it doesn't have high base power, its HP recovery, combined with Leftovers recovery, could keep Scrafty alive for a while. Hi Jump Kick can be used instead of Drain Punch though, as after all, Hi Jump Kick is a 130 base power attack that can hurt many Pokemon. Crunch is really the best option for the third slot, as it is Scrafty's best Dark-typed move. for the last slot, Ice Punch is preferred, as it hits many targets like Garchomp, Gliscor, and Salamence for super-effective damage. Stone Edge can be used instead, getting better coverage against foes like Zapdos and Gyarados.

Additional Comments

The EVs and nature are simple, really. Scrafty needs to have a Jolly nature with max speed EVs to outspeed as many threats as possible after a Dragon Dance. An Adamant nature could be used, but then you wouldn't even outspeed positive natured base 100 pokemon (capping at 323 speed), so a Jolly nature is far better. The ability Moxie is the preferred ability here, as it increases your sweeping power after you net a KO. Leftovers is the preferred item here, as Leftovers recovery combined with Drain Punch recovery can keep Scrafty around for a while. Life Orb is a valid option though, as it can make scrafty into an even more fearsome sweeper, at the cost of some durability. Hi Jump Kick would be recommended with Life Orb.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other Options[LIST]

Fire Punch- Could be used to hit the likes of skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Scizor for major damage.
Thunderpunch- Can be used to hit some water Pokemon, notably Gyarados.
The other elemental punches could be used, especially on the Dragon Dance set, to hit specific targets.
Head Smash- A very powerful Rock attack, and could also potentally be used on the Dragon Dance set. However, the recoil and sub-par accuracy make it unappealing.
Rock Slide- Can be used over Stone Edge for the Dragon Dance set is accuracy is preferred over power.
Dragon Tail- Could be used for a more defensive Scrafty set, though Scrafty is usually better at using Dragon Dance or Bulk Up sets.
Roar- Could be used for a more defensive Scrafty set, though Scrafty is usually better at using Dragon Dance or Bulk Up sets.
Taunt- Could be used for a more defensive Scrafty set, though Scrafty is usually better at using Dragon Dance or Bulk Up sets.

Teammates

Some Pokemon that resist Fighting moves can work well with Scrafty, because Fighting is Scrafty's main weakness. Pokemon like Gyaradios and Zapdos can work well here, since they can counter the physical walls decently and they can counter most Fighting Pokemon well. A scarfed Pokemon of your own can be used to get rid of the troublesome faster Pokemon, like Starmie.

Counters

Physical walls can doom Scrafty sets, regardless of what they are. Pokemon like Hippwodon and Skarmory can switch in, take a hit, than phaze Scrafty out. Even after a Dragon Dance, Scrafty isn't all that fast. Base 115 Pokemon like Starmie can all be faster than Scrafty after one Dragon Dance boost. Bulky Fighting Pokemon can also cause Scrafty some problems. Conkeldurr and Machamp, in particular, can easily counter Scrafty. Other bulky Pokemon like Zapdos and Gyarados can also have their way with Scrafty, as long as Scrafty doesn't carry Stone Edge.

Opinion

Scrafty's main advantage, when compared to other sweepers, is its great defensive stats, its great coverage with its Stab Fighting and Dark moves, and its good abilities. Scrafty can either pull off a Bulk Up Sweeper set or a Dragon Dance set off well. If you don't have a counter for Scrafty, it will become hard to stop, as its defenses will allow it to set up, then sweep. Scrafty may not have all of the tools of a sweeper, but it can certainly become a valuable asset to your team.

Credits

I give credit to Serebii for the move, stat total, and other related information concerning Scrafty. I also give credit to Smogon for other information concerning Scrafty as well. I give credit to shaym.in.com (?) for the images.

If you have any comments, thoughts, and suggestions, please SPEAK UP! anything helpful will be appreciated. Thank you for looking at this page.

From,
Steel Dragons

MikeDecIsHere
04-17-2011, 03:38 AM
Looks good

QC (1/3)

Tony32
04-17-2011, 03:40 AM
Change the format, then this will be ready.

QC (2/3)

Lovat
04-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Qc 3/3

SilentDreams
04-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Reserving the grammar edit, but I'm not going to approve it until the format is updated.

steel dragons
04-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Ok, I have made most of the format changes. Also, even if the format isn't quite right, the sets have the correct information and all, so I believe that it is time for this ti be grammar edted.

SilentDreams, for the top section, I believe that having the titles bolded looks neater to the eye. Also, I have a link embedded in the words "this page" as opposed to the actual name of the page. I believe that this looks neater, plus it tells the user what the link actually goes to.

Again, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

MikeDecIsHere
04-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Abilities:
Shed Skin: "Every turn, it has a 1 in 3 chance of healing from a status condition (BURN, PARAYLZE, SLEEP, POISON, FREEZE)." (from Serebii)
Moxie: "Attack is raised by one stage when the Pokemon knocks out another Pokemon." (from Serebii)
Intimidate (Dream World): "Upon entering battle, the opponent’s Attack lowers one stage. In a Double Battle, both opponents’ Attack are lowered. Pokémon with the Clear Body, Hyper Cutter, or White Smoke ability are unaffected. In a link battle, if both sides switch on the same turn, and first player sends out a Pokémon with Intimidate, the opponent’s Attack will be lowered before the opponent’s Pokémon switches." (from Serebii)

This is not aesthetically pleasing. The italics make it much more difficult to read, along with the extra bolding.

Dimes
04-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Tony's a QC?

I thought you said you don't play. >:

But yeah nice job mike

SilentDreams
04-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Ok, I have made most of the format changes. Also, even if the format isn't quite right, the sets have the correct information and all, so I believe that it is time for this ti be grammar edted.

SilentDreams, for the top section, I believe that having the titles bolded looks neater to the eye. Also, I have a link embedded in the words "this page" as opposed to the actual name of the page. I believe that this looks neater, plus it tells the user what the link actually goes to.

Again, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Any changes to the current standard format are things you're going to have to take up with Mike. He and I discussed the format while it was being done, and at least for me, I find not having some of the titles bolded looks better. To each his own, but I'm going based on the current format regulations.

steel dragons
04-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Ok, I can unbold some of those things then. It doesn't really matter all that much.

SilentDreams
04-18-2011, 01:36 AM
I think it would be best to just stick to the format as it is. The things that aren't bolded are necessary information, but not stuff that your attention is supposed to be drawn to when you read the analysis.

MikeDecIsHere
04-18-2011, 02:18 AM
Ok, I can unbold some of those things then. It doesn't really matter all that much.

Just follow the format -_-
is it really too much to ask?

steel dragons
04-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Ok, I think that this analysis is done now.

SilentDreams
04-18-2011, 03:35 PM
I haven't done the grammar edits yet, and it's still not in the correct format...

steel dragons
04-18-2011, 03:49 PM
All right, the only two things that I see are that I have a link to the Serebii page titled "this page" instead of the actual page itself, and for the other options, I have the moves listed as the beginning of the sentences instead of "the move, then the description." Honestly, I don't see a major reason to change these things, since they seem minor to me. I will change the way the other options are listed, but I don't see any reason to change the format of the link. If any of you could tell me a good reason to change this (besides just conforming to the format), then I would appreciate it.

I'm not trying to offend you Silentdreams or Mike. I'm just questioning the reasons for the way that the format is instead of jsut following the format without raising these points. I really think that the way that the Serebii link is presented should be changed, as I feel that the way that I do that presents a clear picture to the reader as to where that link leads to.

SilentDreams
04-18-2011, 03:56 PM
We're trying to have all of the analyses in this section look completely uniform for professionalism purposes. I posted the entire analysis in the format in a spoiler so all you have to do is copy and paste it. It's not time-consuming, and it's not that hard.

It's also not just the link and the other options though. The way you have the abilities listed with the italics looks terrible, the way you listed your base stats isn't right, your "Overview" heading should be bolded and in size 3, there shouldn't be colons in your headings, you're not using the ~~~~ thing to separate out the different sections, you still have "Base Stat Total" and "Possible Teammates" instead of "Base Stats" and "Teammates" like the format requires, and in the spot where you posted the link, you have the name Zuruzukin instead of Scrafty.

I honestly just don't understand what's so difficult about quoting the post where I put the entire analysis in the correct format for you, copying the contents of the spoiler, and pasting it into the original post. It'll take like 3 seconds. I promise.

And as I said before, I am not going to do the grammar edit on this and approve it until the format is fixed.

MikeDecIsHere
04-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Its all about having a uniform format. That was the format that myself, tony, and silent dreams agreed upon. To be honest, the way you wrote it is unappealing and just doesn't look good.

steel dragons
04-19-2011, 01:57 AM
Ok, sorry for making this a hassle. The format is fixed. I believe that I got everything, but if I missed something, please let me know.

SilentDreams
04-20-2011, 02:59 AM
Thanks!! The set-up of the Base Stats still needs to be fixed. I changed it below for you though (in blue). Your spacing between the moves and Set Comments was also wrong for the sets, but I also fixed them below.
Things that need to be removed are in red, while things that need to be added are in blue.

More comments can be found below.

Scrafty

Abilities:
Shed Skin: "Every turn, it has a 1 in 3 chance of healing from a status condition (BURN, PARAYLZE, SLEEP, POISON, FREEZE)." (from Serebii)
Moxie: "Attack is raised by one stage when the Pokemon knocks out another Pokemon." (from Serebii)
Intimidate (Dream World): "Upon entering battle, the opponent’s Attack lowers one stage. In a Double Battle, both opponents’ Attack are lowered. Pokémon with the Clear Body, Hyper Cutter, or White Smoke ability are unaffected. In a link battle, if both sides switch on the same turn, and first player sends out a Pokémon with Intimidate, the opponent’s Attack will be lowered before the opponent’s Pokémon switches." (from Serebii)

Base Stats:

Overview

Well, Scrafty certainly is an interesting Pokemon. While at first glance this Pokemon Scrafty may not have much going for it, consider these facts: that Scrafty only has two weaknesses, Fighting and Flying. and Flying attacks aren't that common. Scrafty, however, only has three resistances, Rock, Ghost, and Dark. Flying attacks aren't that common, making them less of a concern. That being said, Scrafty has three resistances: Rock, Ghost, and Dark. This Pokemon can be tough to take down because of its above-average defenses and its lack of common weaknesses to most common attacks. Of course, Scrafty does have a weakness to the very common Fighting moves. flying around everywhere,
and it has average attack at best and a low speed stat, so it isn't the best offensive weapon. It also has an average Attack at best, and a low Speed stat, so it's not the best offensive weapon. Scrafty is able to sweep under the right conditions, and when used correctly, Scrafty can become a valuable weapon.

Scrafty has three good abilities. Shed Skin can be used on defensive sets like the Bulk Up sets, mainly because it can heal status, also including sleep from Rest. Shed skin can be used on defensive sets, such as Bulk Up sets, as it can heal status effects including the unwanted sleep caused by Rest. Moxie can be used on sweeper sets like the Dragon Dancer sets, and it can be tough to handle it if Scrafty knocks out one or two opposing Pokemon. Intimidate is a great ability as well, as it allows Scrafty to switch into physical attacks better. switch into physical attacks more effectively.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Depth/Move Sets:

Bulky Bulk Up Sweeper
Scrafty w/ Leftovers
Careful nature

Bulk Up
Rest / Substitute
Drain Punch
Payback / Crunch

Set Comments

This set can really become hard to stop after many Bulk Up boosts. Scrafty, which is bulky to begin with, even becomes more bulky after a few Bulk Ups. Bulk Up is nessecary here for obvious reasons. Scrafty is bulky to begin with, and after a few Bulk Up boosts, this set can really become hard to stop. Rest is preferred for the second slot, because it heals Scrafty from status effects and recovers lost HP. because it can be used to heal Scrafty from status and to recover lost HP. Shed Skin should be used along with Rest, as it has a 1/3 chance of removing the self-induced sleep caused by Rest. This is why Shed Skin is the preferred ability, or because then Scrafty has a chance to wake up from Rest sooner than usual. Substitute can also be used also to protect Scrafty from weaker attacks, especially after a few Bulk Up boosts. Between Substitute, Leftovers Recovery, and Drain Punch, Scrafty can be an annoying Pokemon to face. Drain Punch is really the best option for the third slot, because it is a decently powered attack, and it gives some HP back to Scrafty, making it that much harder to stop. For the fourth slot, Payback is recommended because Scrafty will usually be attacked last most of the time because of due to its low base speed. If you don't want Payback, Crunch can work as a more consistent option. It will usually be less powerful than Payback, however but it has more PP than Payback and allows Scrafty to not be Pressure stalled as much prevents Scrafty from being pressure stalled as frequently. Stone Edge and Rock Slide could be used over the Dark move, however that isn't recommended because Scrafty would lose out on some coverage.

Additional Comments

The EVs and nature are pretty simple. 252 HP and 252 SpD EVs, along with a Careful nature, give Scrafty the best possible specially defensive bulk. It won't need physical bulk as much since it would be boosting its defense with Bulk Up. Shed Skin is the best nature to have on this set because then, every turn, it gives Scrafty has a 1/3 chance to heal from status and to wake up earlier from Rest-induced sleep every turn. Ice Punch can be used alongside Drain Punch to hit certain threats, such as the common Garchomps and Gliscors, but a Dark move is usually better, mainly for the coverage.

Dragon Dance Sweeper
Jolly nature

Dragon Dance
Crunch
Ice Punch / Stone Edge

Set Comments

Yes, Scrafty has an average attack stat, and it has a low speed stat, however it still can make good use of Dragon Dance. After a Dragon Dance, its speed reaches 354, which is enough to out-speed threats like Gengar, Infernape, and Terakion. Scrafty obviously needs Dragon Dance for the first slot. Drain Punch is preferred for the second slot. Even though it doesn't have high base power, its HP recovery, combined with Leftovers recovery, could keep Scrafty alive for a while. Hi Jump Kick can be used instead of Drain Punch. though as after all, Hi Jump Kick is a 130 base power attack that can hurt many Pokemon. Crunch is really the best option for the third slot, as it is Scrafty's best Dark-typed move. For the last slot, Ice Punch is preferred, as it hits many targets like Garchomp, Gliscor, and Salamence for super-effective damage. Stone Edge can be used instead, getting better coverage against foes like Zapdos and Gyarados.

Additional Comments

The EVs and nature are simple, really. Scrafty needs to have a Jolly nature with max speed EVs to out-speed as many threats as possible after a Dragon Dance. An Adamant nature could be used, but then you wouldn't even out-speed positive natured base 100 Pokemon (capping at 323 speed). so a Jolly nature is far better. The ability Moxie is the preferred ability here, as it increases your sweeping power after you net a KO. attack by one stage after every KO. Leftovers is the preferred item here, as Leftovers recovery combined with Drain Punch recovery can keep Scrafty around for a while. Life Orb is a valid option though, as it can make Scrafty into an even more fearsome sweeper, at the cost of some durability. Hi Jump Kick would be recommended with Life Orb.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other Options

Fire Punch - Could be used, especially on the Dragon Dancer set, to hit Pokemon like Skarmory, Scizor, and Ferrothorn for decent damage. The other moves (Crunch, Drain Punch, Ice Punch) usually work better though.
Thunderpunch - Could be used on the Dragon Dancer set to hit Water Pokemon, notably Gyarados, for decent damage. Again, its mostly outclassed by the normal moves though.
Head Smash - Could be used on these sets, since it is a very powerful Rock attack. However, the recoil and sub-par accuracy make it unappealing.
Rock Slide - Could be used over Stone Edge for the Dragon Dance set is as accuracy is preferred over power.
Dragon Tail - Could be used to phaze out threatening Pokemon. It isn't afffected by Taunt, and it could be used on a utility-like Scrafty set. However, A Utility Scrafty is usually outclassed by the sweeper sets.
Taunt - Could be useful, primarily to stop the opponent from setting up. However, there is not usually room for Taunt in Scrafty's main sets.

Teammates

Some Pokemon that resist Fighting moves can work well with Scrafty, because Fighting is Scrafty's main weakness. Fighting is one of Scrafty's main weaknesses, so Pokemon that resist Fighting moves can work well with Scrafty.
Pokemon like Gyarados and Zapdos can work well here, since they can counter the physical walls decently and they can counter most Fighting Pokemon well. Gyarados and Zapados are good Pokemon to use as they can counter physical walls and most Fighting Pokemon reasonably well
A scarfed Pokemon of your own can be used to get rid of the troublesome faster Pokemon, like Starmie.

Counters

Physical walls can doom Scrafty sets, regardless of what they are. Pokemon like Hippwodon and Skarmory can switch in, take a hit, than phaze Scrafty out. Even after a Dragon Dance, Scrafty isn't all that fast. Base 115 Speed Pokemon like Starmie can all be faster than Scrafty after one Dragon Dance boost. Bulky Fighting Pokemon can also cause Scrafty some problems. Conkeldurr and Machamp, in particular, can easily counter Scrafty. Other bulky Pokemon like Zapdos and Gyarados can also have their way with Scrafty be used as counters for Scrafty, as long as Scrafty doesn't carry Stone Edge.

Opinion

Scrafty's main advantage, when compared to other sweepers, is its great defensive stats, its great coverage with its Stab Fighting and Dark moves, and its good abilities. Scrafty has great defensive stats, excellent coverage with its STAB, Fighting, and Dark moves, and good abilities. Scrafty can either pull off a Bulk Up Sweeper set or a Dragon Dance set off well. It can effectively use both Bulk Up Sweeper, and Dragon Dance sets. If you don't have a counter for Scrafty, it will become be hard to stop, as its defenses will allow it to set up, then sweep. Scrafty may not have all of the tools of a sweeper, but it can certainly become a valuable asset to your team.

Credits

If you have any comments, thoughts, and suggestions, please SPEAK UP! anything helpful will be appreciated. Thank you for looking at this page.

From,
Steel Dragons

Watch out for run-on sentences, and work on sentence structure. Information can be broken up into separate sentences rather than using commas to pack a lot of information into a single sentence.

Try to add a LOT more to the Teammates section, as it's really vague and could definitely have a lot of information added to it. The Counters section is also a bit short, and more could definitely be added.

If you want, I'd be happy to do a version without the colors so you can copy and paste it :)

MikeDecIsHere
04-23-2011, 02:18 AM
can the grammar edits be made?

steel dragons
04-25-2011, 01:50 PM
I have been very busy the past few days with both homework and holiday stuff. The grammar edits will probably be made sometime tomorrow, since I have a paper due today and a test to study for tomorrow.

SilentDreams
04-25-2011, 03:55 PM
I have been very busy the past few days with both homework and holiday stuff. The grammar edits will probably be made sometime tomorrow, since I have a paper due today and a test to study for tomorrow.

Like I said, if you want me to post spoilers of the edits with the colors removed so you can just copy and paste, I'd be more than happy to!

steel dragons
04-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Like I said, if you want me to post spoilers of the edits with the colors removed so you can just copy and paste, I'd be more than happy to!

Yes, if you could do that, that would be great. Thanks!

Ok, never mind, I have just made the grammar edits. I believe that I have them all covered.

Driftwood
04-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Scrafty, Type: Fighting / Dark

Dragon Dance Sweeper
Jolly nature

Dragon Dance
Crunch
Ice Punch / Stone Edge

Something that confuses me, according to bulbapedia, Scrafty only learns Drain Punch through breading with Mienfoo and its evolution. Dragon Dance is also an egg move, however it cannot be learnt by Mienfoo, only passed down through dragons.

Could you tell me how you combine these egg moves please? I'm probably just looking straight past something

Many thanks.

MikeDecIsHere
04-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Something that confuses me, according to bulbapedia, Scrafty only learns Drain Punch through breading with Mienfoo and its evolution. Dragon Dance is also an egg move, however it cannot be learnt by Mienfoo, only passed down through dragons.

Could you tell me how you combine these egg moves please? I'm probably just looking straight past something

Many thanks.

I can answer that. Smeargle is in Scrafty's egg group. Since Smeargle has the potential to learn any move and has the ability to pass both of these moves down, a Male Smeargle can learn both Drain Punch and Dragon Dance and be breed with a female Scrafty/Scraggy

Driftwood
04-25-2011, 10:34 PM
I can answer that. Smeargle is in Scrafty's egg group....

Ah, of course, ty.

To be honest, the quoted is all you needed to say :D i completely forgot that smeargle is in the ground group. Very few pokemon benifit from his Sketched egg moves.

And thats probably a good thing...

SilentDreams
04-26-2011, 02:58 AM
Thanks! Here's the copy-past form of it, because you missed some stuff...
Also, would it be possible for you to add more to Teammates and Counters? There's a lot more information that could definitely be added there, so I'd rather not approve this until that information has been added and grammatically approved as well.

Scrafty

Abilities:

Base Stats:

Overview

While at first glance Scrafty may not have much going for it, consider that Scrafty only has two weaknesses, Fighting and Flying. Flying attacks aren't that common, making them less of a concern. That being said, Scrafty has three resistances: Rock, Ghost, and Dark. This Pokemon can be tough to take down because of its above-average defenses and its lack of common weaknesses to most common attacks. Of course, Scrafty does have a weakness to the very common Fighting moves. It also has an average Attack at best, and a low Speed stat, so it's not the best offensive weapon. Scrafty is able to sweep under the right conditions, and when used correctly, Scrafty can become a valuable weapon.

Scrafty has three good abilities. Shed skin can be used on defensive sets, such as Bulk Up sets, as it can heal status effects including the unwanted sleep caused by Rest. Moxie can be used on sweeper sets like the Dragon Dancer sets, and it can be tough to handle if Scrafty knocks out one or two opposing Pokemon. Intimidate is a great ability as well, as it allows Scrafty to switch into physical attacks more effectively.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Depth/Move Sets:

Bulky Bulk Up Sweeper
Scrafty w/ Leftovers
Careful nature

Bulk Up
Rest / Substitute
Drain Punch
Payback / Crunch

Set Comments

Scrafty is bulky to begin with, and after a few Bulk Up boosts, this set can really become hard to stop. Rest is preferred for the second slot, because it heals Scrafty from status effects and recovers lost HP. Shed Skin should be used along with Rest, as it has a 1/3 chance of removing the self-induced sleep caused by Rest. Substitute can also be used to protect Scrafty from weaker attacks, especially after a few Bulk Up boosts. Drain Punch is really the best option for the third slot, because it is a decently powered attack, and it gives some HP back to Scrafty, making it that much harder to stop. For the fourth slot, Payback is recommended because Scrafty will usually be attacked last due to its low base speed. If you don't want Payback, Crunch can work as a more consistent option. It will usually be less powerful than Payback, but it has more PP than Payback and prevents Scrafty from being pressure stalled as frequently. Stone Edge and Rock Slide could be used over the Dark move, however that isn't recommended because Scrafty would lose out on some coverage.

Additional Comments

The EVs and nature are pretty simple. 252 HP and 252 SpD EVs, along with a Careful nature give Scrafty the best possible specially defensive bulk. It won't need physical bulk as much since it would be boosting its defense with Bulk Up. Shed Skin is the best nature to have on this set because it gives Scrafty a 1/3 chance to heal from status and to wake up earlier from Rest-induced sleep every turn. Ice Punch can be used alongside Drain Punch to hit certain threats, such as the common Garchomps and Gliscors, but a Dark move is usually better, mainly for the coverage.

Dragon Dance Sweeper
Jolly nature

Dragon Dance
Crunch
Ice Punch / Stone Edge

Set Comments

Scrafty has an average attack stat, and it has a low speed stat, however it still can make good use of Dragon Dance. After a Dragon Dance its speed reaches 354, which is enough to out-speed threats like Gengar, Infernape, and Terakion. Drain Punch is preferred for the second slot. Even though it doesn't have high base power, its HP recovery, combined with Leftovers recovery, could keep Scrafty alive for a while. Hi Jump Kick can be used instead of Drain Punch. Hi Jump Kick is a 130 base power attack that can hurt many Pokemon. Crunch is really the best option for the third slot, as it is Scrafty's best Dark-typed move. For the last slot, Ice Punch is preferred, as it hits many targets like Garchomp, Gliscor, and Salamence for super-effective damage. Stone Edge can be used instead, getting better coverage against foes like Zapdos and Gyarados.

Additional Comments

Scrafty needs to have a Jolly nature with max speed EVs to out-speed as many threats as possible after a Dragon Dance. An Adamant nature could be used, but then you wouldn't even out-speed positive natured base 100 Pokemon (capping at 323 speed). The ability Moxie is preferred here, as it increases your attack by one stage after every KO. Leftovers is the preferred item here, as Leftovers recovery combined with Drain Punch recovery can keep Scrafty around for a while. Life Orb is a valid option though, as it can make Scrafty into an even more fearsome sweeper, at the cost of some durability. Hi Jump Kick would be recommended with Life Orb.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other Options

Thunderpunch - Could be used on the Dragon Dancer set to hit Water Pokemon, notably Gyarados, for decent damage. Again, its mostly outclassed by the normal moves.
Rock Slide - Could be used over Stone Edge for the Dragon Dance set as accuracy is preferred over power.
Dragon Tail - Could be used to phaze out threatening Pokemon. It isn't affected by Taunt, and it could be used on a utility-like Scrafty set. However, A Utility Scrafty is usually outclassed by the sweeper sets.
Taunt - Could be useful, primarily to stop the opponent from setting up. However, there is not usually room for Taunt in Scrafty's main sets.

Teammates

Fighting is one of Scrafty's main weaknesses, so Pokemon that resist Fighting moves can work well with Scrafty. Gyarados and Zapados are good Pokemon to use as they can counter physical walls and most Fighting Pokemon reasonably well.

Counters

Physical walls can doom Scrafty sets. Pokemon like Hippwodon and Skarmory can switch in, take a hit, than phaze Scrafty out. Even after a Dragon Dance, Scrafty isn't all that fast. Base 115 Speed Pokemon like Starmie can all be faster than Scrafty after one Dragon Dance boost. Bulky Fighting Pokemon can also cause Scrafty some problems. Conkeldurr and Machamp, in particular, can easily counter Scrafty. Other bulky Pokemon like Zapdos and Gyarados can also be used as counters for Scrafty, as long as Scrafty doesn't carry Stone Edge.

Opinion

Scrafty has great defensive stats, excellent coverage with its STAB, Fighting, and Dark moves, and good abilities. It can effectively use both Bulk Up Sweeper, and Dragon Dance sets. If you don't have a counter for Scrafty, it will be hard to stop, as its defenses will allow it to set up, then sweep. Scrafty may not have all of the tools of a sweeper, but it can certainly become a valuable asset to your team.

Credits

From,
Steel Dragons

steel dragons
04-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Ok, I copy/pasted all of this stuff, plus added stuff to counters and teammates.

On a side note, the Intimidate ability has been released, so I don't see the point in including it in the one overview paragraph discussing Scrafty's abilities.

Again, If I have missed anything, please let me know.

MikeDecIsHere
04-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Intimitdate hasn't been released

steel dragons
04-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Wow...I meant to say "hasn't" been released. If you insert hasn't where has is, the statement in my previous post would make more sense.

SilentDreams
04-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Just made some grammatical edits to the stuff added to Teammates and Counters. The first spoiler is the edits using the red and blue markings, while the second spoiler is a copy/paste version.

Teammates

Fighting is one of Scrafty's main weaknesses, so Pokemon that resist Fighting moves can work well with Scrafty. Gyarados and Zapdos are good Pokemon to use as they can counter physical walls and most Fighting Pokemon reasonably well. Thundurus also fares well against most of Scrafty's counters, as it has the ability to deal heavy damage to Zapdos, Gyarados, Skarmory, Scizor, Conkeldurr, and Machamp, especially after a Nasty plot boost. Thundurus resists the Fighting priority moves that can hurt Scrafty, and it also counters most Scizor sets to an extent. Salamence also can work well with Scrafty. Salamence resists all of Scrafty's weaknesses, and it can use moves such as Draco Meteor and Fire Blast to deal heavy damage to most of Scrafty's counters, mainly with Draco Meteor and Fire Blast. Sweeper Starmie sets, especially with Psychic, can also work in be useful for getting rid of most of Scrafty's counters. In terms of setting up entry hazards, Forretress can work well with Scrafty. Unlike Ferrothorn, Forretress doesn't share any weaknesses with Scrafty, and Forretress has access to all of the entry hazard moves and access to Rapid Spin.

Counters

Physical walls can doom Scrafty sets. Pokemon like Hippwodon and Skarmory can switch in, take a hit, than then phaze Scrafty out. Even after a Dragon Dance, Scrafty isn't all that fast. Base 115 Speed Pokemon like Starmie can all be faster than Scrafty after one Dragon Dance boost. Bulky Fighting Pokemon can also cause Scrafty some problems. Conkeldurr and Machamp, in particular, can easily counter Scrafty. Scizor can set up a Swords Dance on Scrafty, then proceed to use Bug Bite for heavy damage. Other bulky Pokemon like Zapdos and Gyarados can also be used as counters for Scrafty, as long as Scrafty doesn't carry Stone Edge. In general, if a Pokemon is decently bulky and Scrafty does not have a super-effective attack against that Pokemon, then that Pokemon can fare decently will fare well against Scrafty. Scrafty isn't the most threatening sweeper in this the current metagame, so many bulky-enough Pokemon can set up in Scrafty's face and sweep if they are bulky enough.

Teammates

Fighting is one of Scrafty's main weaknesses, so Pokemon that resist Fighting moves can work well with Scrafty. Gyarados and Zapdos are good Pokemon to use as they can counter physical walls and most Fighting Pokemon reasonably well. Thundurus also fares well against most of Scrafty's counters, as it has the ability to deal heavy damage to Zapdos, Gyarados, Skarmory, Scizor, Conkeldurr, and Machamp, especially after a Nasty plot boost. Thundurus resists the Fighting priority moves that can hurt Scrafty, and it also counters most Scizor sets to an extent. Salamence also can work well with Scrafty. Salamence resists all of Scrafty's weaknesses, and it can use moves such as Draco Meteor and Fire blast to deal heavy damage to most of Scrafty's counters. Sweeper Starmie sets, especially with Psychic, can also be useful for getting rid of most of Scrafty's counters. In terms of setting up entry hazards, Forretress can work well with Scrafty. Unlike Ferrothorn, Forretress doesn't share any weaknesses with Scrafty, and Forretress has access to all of the entry hazard moves and Rapid Spin.

Counters

Physical walls can doom Scrafty sets. Pokemon like Hippwodon and Skarmory can switch in, take a hit, then phaze Scrafty out. Even after a Dragon Dance, Scrafty isn't all that fast. Base 115 Speed Pokemon like Starmie can be faster than Scrafty after one Dragon Dance boost. Bulky Fighting Pokemon can also cause Scrafty some problems. Conkeldurr and Machamp, in particular, can easily counter Scrafty. Scizor can set up a Swords Dance on Scrafty, then proceed to use Bug Bite for heavy damage. Other bulky Pokemon like Zapdos and Gyarados can also be used as counters for Scrafty, as long as Scrafty doesn't carry Stone Edge. In general, if a Pokemon is decently bulky and Scrafty does not have a super-effective attack against that Pokemon, then that Pokemon will fare well against Scrafty. Scrafty isn't the most threatening sweeper in the current metagame, so many Pokemon can set up in Scrafty's face and sweep if they are bulky enough.

steel dragons
04-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Ok, thanks for these edits Silentdreams. I have edited them now.

MikeDecIsHere
04-28-2011, 05:53 PM
While At first glance, Scrafty may not have much going for it, consider that doesn’t seem like a good Pokemon, especially in comparison to other Fighting-types introduce in gen V. It has an average Attack stat, and its Speed stat is mediocre at best. However, Scrafty does possess some attributes that give it an edge over other Fighting-types. First of all, Scrafty only has two weaknesses,: Fighting and Flying. Flying-type attacks aren't that common, making them less of a concern. so Scrafty really only has to be wary of the Fighting-type attacks. That being said, Scrafty has three resistances: Rock, Ghost, and Dark. Scrafty also resists Rock, Ghost, and Dark, all of which are fairly common type attacks. This Pokemon can be tough to take down because of its above-average defenses and its lack of common weaknesses to most common attacks. This lack of weaknesses combined with above-average defenses makes Scrafty tough to take down. Of course, Scrafty does have a weakness to the very common Fighting moves. It also has an average Attack at best, and a low Speed stat, so it's not the best offensive weapon. This Pokemon also has two good abilities: Shed Skin and Moxie. Shed Skin can bed used on a defensive set, while Moxie can be used on an offensive set. Scrafty is able to sweep Under the right conditions, and when used correctly, Scrafty can become a valuable weapon. Scrafty is able to run through teams and can become a valuable weapon when used correctly.

Scrafty has two good abilities. Shed Skin can be used on defensive sets, such as Bulk Up sets, as it can heal status effects including the unwanted sleep caused by Rest. Moxie can be used on sweeper sets like the Dragon Dancer sets, and it can be tough to handle if Scrafty knocks out one or two opposing Pokemon. Intimidate is not currently available, since Scrafty has not been released in the Dream World yet.
In terms of content, I removed the parts about describing what the abilities are good for. You already go into detail about them in the sets, so there's no point in putting them in the overview, which is mainly meant to describe the Pokemon as a whole.
In terms of grammar, the main problem with the overview was sentence transition. i don't know whether it was because of the first edits or not, but the entire overview just sounded awkward.
I have included a completed version in the spoiler, which you may copy and paste to replace the old overview.
After that, I think this is good to go!

At first glance, Scrafty doesn’t seem like a good Pokemon, especially in comparison to other Fighting-types introduce in gen V. It has an average Attack stat, and its Speed stat is mediocre at best. However, Scrafty does possess some attributes that give it an edge over other Fighting-types. First of all, Scrafty only has two weaknesses: Fighting and Flying. Flying-type attacks aren’t that common, so Scrafty really only has to be wary of the Fighting-type attacks. Scrafty also resists Rock, Ghost, and Dark, all of which are fairly common type attacks. This lack of weaknesses combined with above-average defenses makes Scrafty tough to take down. This Pokemon also has two good abilities: Shed Skin and Moxie. Shed Skin can bed used on a defensive set, while Moxie can be used on an offensive set. Under the right conditions, Scrafty is able to run through teams and can become a valuable weapon when used correctly.

steel dragons
04-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Ok, edited. Thanks for the edits Mike.

Does this mean that the GE label can be removed now?

SilentDreams
04-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Only one little thing, and this is totally my mistake since I helped Mike with the overview edits. The first sentence should say "especially compared to," or "especially in comparison with"... the way it is now is not grammatically correct.

Everything else looks great, though, and once you make that little change this can be considered GE approved.

xxh0wlw0lfxx
04-29-2011, 12:22 AM
This gangsta pokemon is so awesome *drool* I keep one on my team with ice punch and DD ownage!

steel dragons
04-29-2011, 01:38 AM
Ok, thanks for your hard work in grammar proofing this analysis Silentdreams and Mike. I believe that this is done now.

SilentDreams
04-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Looks good! And you're most welcome :)
GE approved (1/1).

steel dragons
05-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Wow, this analysis currently has the most views out of any other analysis.

24bones3
05-26-2011, 02:42 AM
is lax still a ok nature with the bulky set up?

MikeDecIsHere
05-26-2011, 05:38 AM
is lax still a ok nature with the bulky set up?

The sets that we have here are the ideal sets, which include preferred Natures, Items, etc. Of course, without breeding, it can be somewhat difficult to obtain the most desired nature. Lax isn't really something that's great (since it doesn't boost anything if I remember clearly). Ideally you want a Careful Nature, in order to maximize your Special Defense.

However, these are just standards. You are free to create a Bulk Up Scrafty with whatever nature you desire. I personally wouldn't run a Lax one though.

24bones3
05-26-2011, 08:14 PM
The sets that we have here are the ideal sets, which include preferred Natures, Items, etc. Of course, without breeding, it can be somewhat difficult to obtain the most desired nature. Lax isn't really something that's great (since it doesn't boost anything if I remember clearly). Ideally you want a Careful Nature, in order to maximize your Special Defense.

However, these are just standards. You are free to create a Bulk Up Scrafty with whatever nature you desire. I personally wouldn't run a Lax one though.

Actually lax raises raises defense but lowers special defense. thats why i was wondering because would still be effective?

Dimes
05-26-2011, 09:33 PM
No, as you don't really need to lower a stat that would be useful. Therefore, Impish or Careful is superior.

DDwhiscash
05-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Actually lax raises raises defense but lowers special defense. thats why i was wondering because would still be effective?

Basically, when your making a defensive Pokemon. You want to make sure that both of it's defensive stats a are high enough for you to take hits from both the special and physical side. For that reason Lax isn't a good nature for you to use.

SilentDreams
08-31-2011, 07:11 AM
Steel, I went through this one as well and fixed up a couple minor things. You mention a Utility Scrafty set in the other options... would that be worth putting in, despite the fact that it's less commonly used?

Dimes
08-31-2011, 01:12 PM
No. Seeing as almost no one uses that set, it probably should not be put on. It could be put on if you wanted to make the effort, however.

MikeDecIsHere
08-31-2011, 03:22 PM
I think Dragon Dance should go before Bulk Up, if we're going by popularity per set

SilentDreams
08-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Ok! Mike, I switched the order of the sets. That would make sense to have the most-used set first.

steel dragons
08-31-2011, 04:11 PM
Ok, thanks for editing the analysis SilentDreams.

Also, I don't think the Utility Scrafty should be added, as its other sets are superior and other Pokemon do the utility job better than Scrafty in general anyway.