PDA

View Full Version : Don't expect others to post for you, do it yourself!

Dimes
10-31-2010, 02:34 AM
School has started and such, but that is no reason not to help out with Teamuber.

Currently, we need people with experience in 5th Gen battling to start posting analyses for Pokemon in the 5th Generation mini section in Pokemon Discussion.

We also need more activity in Sections such as TCP ( which, if you can't find it, is at the bottom of the Forum List, not a good place!). TCP stands for Teamuber Created Pokemon, a project that was started 2 years ago and has brought out interesting Pokemon that have been made by our very own community. We are currently working on TCP4, possibly our most unique Pokemon yet. Being Grass and Steel, yet having Drought as an ability makes TCP4 look like a trollish Pokemon, but its STABs are what drives Weather Starters away adn acts as a Fire Lure for Heatran. So far, we are taking Stat Nominations that will be put up for vote. We are taking any reasonable spread. The thread is here http://teamuber.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8898

REMEMBER

Dead projects become dead because no one posts in them. If you post, then that project won't be as dead. If we want teamuber to be productive, then we need you to post; don't expect others to post for you.

PSN_Eevee
10-31-2010, 03:24 AM
Posting for everyone else who asked me to because they're to busy with school and stuff to post themselves.

OK, on a more serious note, I really think that you're trying to do to much at once, Dimes -- TU can't get 5th gen analysis' up and work on the TCP at the same time with the current activity of the userbase (and the 5th gen analysis are sorta disorganized, tbh). I honestly think that we should stop one of those activities, or have TU advertise more.

Dimes
10-31-2010, 03:44 PM
I looked at the user list lat night and saw at least 30 people on. If we have 20 or so of thse people actually contributing and not sitting on their asses doing nothing to help, we could get both done easily.

Lovat
10-31-2010, 09:07 PM
Hello

Stone_Cold22
11-01-2010, 04:17 AM
Don't spam. Everyone is capable of helping out, post now and don't face regret later, because you really don't know what you have until it's gone.

felixmartin
11-01-2010, 12:19 PM
This is true, I´m one of the people that have stopped posting because of school (university in this case) work. Though I´ll try to post more often....

supertrunks8
11-02-2010, 02:31 AM
I honestly don't have the time with schoolwork to post anything :( Really the only reason I make time for myself to get on is to update daily tournies thread. It's second quarter already, and second quarter has 2 breaks in it, so I'll probably be able to get on more.

Tastelesshat
11-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Because posting takes so much effort

Dimes
11-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Yeah I can feel my veins bulging already

Tastelesshat
11-02-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm too busy with stuff to take 1 minute to type in a 20 character message kthxbye

felixmartin
11-03-2010, 10:51 AM
its not that it takes that much effort, but i dont use my computer when studying...

supertrunks8
11-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Theres a difference between those responses and good responses. If you actually want to make good and relevant posts, you should think it out, not just impulsively post. But honestly, I really don't have any free time besides the weekend. There has not been a night (besides amnesty night -- no homework for honors and ap classes ~) I haven't had homework in at least 2 of my core classes.

Dimes
11-03-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm not saying post everywhere 200 times with large long posts, I'm saying help contribute. Maybe make a post a day?

Tastelesshat
11-03-2010, 11:28 PM
No dimes thats too difficult

supertrunks8
11-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Like I said before, usually all I really have time for is to update the daily tourneys thread. Social life and schoolwork leave no room for online nowadays. At least I'm not as bad as SB12

Tastelesshat
11-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Do you know what happened to him? I never see him anymore

steel dragons
11-04-2010, 08:22 PM
I find time to post here with 5th Gen stuff...however I can't get on here all of the time, just because of school and related stuff.

supertrunks8
11-04-2010, 09:08 PM
He occasionally comes on shoddy, but geniuses like him don't have time to spend playing pokemanz.

felixmartin
11-05-2010, 02:06 AM
lol.. SB12, I remember him from when i first got on shoddy :P

Dark Abyss
11-13-2010, 05:11 PM
I should apologize for my absence but school and soccer keep me busy and when I don't do that I have a social life that also keeps me busy. I'll try and come back to TU :D.