PDA

View Full Version : Japan 2011 WCS

Dimes
11-22-2010, 10:06 PM
From smogon's announcements

By way of Bangiras and PokeBeach (http://pokebeach.com/2010/11/japans-world-qualifier-tournaments-video-game-rules-announced), we have received a translation of the rules for Japan's World Championship Series for 2011. If we follow the precedent set by previous years, this means these will most likely end up being the rules for North America and Europe's Video Game Championship for the next year as well so pay close attention!

Only Pokemon from Isshu can be used (excluding Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genosect).
Each match is a double battle
Pokemon should be Level 50. Pokemon higher than that will be lowered to 50, but Pokemon Level 49 and below will remain the same level
You can't use duplicate Pokemon or Items.
You can't change your Pokemon, Items, etc. during the tournament.
The amount of Pokemon used in each battle has not been confirmed, but chances are the tournament will use the "Bring 6, Pick 4" structure they have followed for the past several years. We'll be keeping you up to date with WCS and VGC news throughout the new season! We hope to see lots of Smogon players at the events worldwide this year! ~Firestorm

This is to discuss the current metagame, not what should be banned or about how stupid the rules are.

As stated, this will probably be the rules for North America's and Europe's Series.

steel dragons
11-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Wait, what is Kaldeo? Kerudio?

If thats the case, than thats too bad, especially since Kerudio is more OU than Uber.

Dimes
11-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Personally, I'm predicting Scarf Sazandora to be very common, along with Roopushin. Shandera isn't that much of a threat without Shadow Tag, so we may see more choice pokemon and such.

I'd make a prediction with a most standard team being Agirudaa, Sazandora, Roopushin, Voltros, Zoroark and Ulgamoth, seeing as they are the biggest threats in BW.

Kerudio is in the same boat as arceus was.

Dimes
11-28-2010, 12:07 AM
I would guess by this reaction that no one is interested in the VGC

DDwhiscash
11-28-2010, 12:19 AM
full six or three's? for teams

Dimes
11-28-2010, 01:00 AM
if you read the post, we don't know yet, it'll probably be a team of 6 and then we pick 4 for the battle.

Most people have been thinking about abusing Trick Room, but I've been playing around with the thought of Anger Powder Morobareru and Zoroark+ Anger Powder Ulgamoth+Sazandora with Randorusu and Roopushin to support. Anger Powder is just like Follow Me, and it seems to be interesting on a bulky Pokemon like Morobareru. Sub NP Zoroark would be easy to set up with and you can use Ulgamoth as a back up. Of course, something like Hihidaruma+ Roopushin would cause trouble, so Randorusu could help deal with that.

DDwhiscash
11-28-2010, 06:24 AM
I haven't ran dubs in a while ... ill probly just run rupushin and the coffin thingy for a trick room sweep

PSN_Eevee
11-28-2010, 06:32 AM
I'm really interested to see the effect of the Balloon item in these battles, seeing as anyone who has played doubles will know that arguably the three most prominent moves in the tier are Protect, Earthquake, and Explosion, and Earthquake is completely nerfed with the balloon. This could lead to some very interesting strategies and such, like Balloon Dory + Goruugu and such.

DDwhiscash
11-30-2010, 09:24 PM
I think there will be alot of Sazandora Burunkeru Combo's With Water Absorb and Surf Being a Viable Opption since Burunkeru can just set up burns so Sazandora can do damage. I've been trying it out and surprisingly it works nicely