PDA

View Full Version : Reuniclus Analysis

Lovat
12-11-2010, 11:18 AM
http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/579.png
Reuniclus

Type: Psychic

Abilities:
Overcoat- It will not take damage from weather effects.
Magic Guard- Prevents all damage except direct-attack moves.
Regenerator (Dream World)- When the Pokemon switches out of battle, up to 33% of its maximum Hit Points are restored.

Base Stats:
HP: 110
Attack: 65
Defense: 75
Special Attack: 125
Special Defense: 85
Speed: 30

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/579.shtml

Overview

Reuniclus is proving itself to be a worthy Pokemon this generation, its a generic Psychic type with exceeding Special Attack, low physical Attack and decent Defenses. Whilst Reuniclus's Speed may look off-putting in terms of using it in the OU environment, it actually ensures that Reuniclus can act as probably the most efficient Conkeldurr counter in the metagame, by taking the minimal amount of damage from Payback. Reuniclus can also put it's insufficient speed to good use, for strategies like Trick Room.

Reuniclus's most distinguished ability is Magic Guard, which ensures no damage from Life Orb, Weather and damaging status conditions such as burn and poison. Overcoat can protect Reuniclus from weather damage too, but is painfully inferior to Magic Guard. Regenerator is Reuniclus's Dream World ability, whilst the extra HP would be nice upon switching out, it might not be worth giving up the possibility of Magic Guard.

A new move that was introduced in 5th Generation that should be mentioned is Psyshock. Reuniclus can learn this move with courtesy of TM03. Psyshock can be quite devastating from Reuniclus, as it draws it's power form Reuniclus's special attack whilst hitting the opponents physical defense; which might put worry into the faces of Blissey and Chansey who pride themselves on their superior special defense stats.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Depth/Move Sets

Defensive Calm Mind
Reuniclus w/ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold
EVs: 252 HP; 252 Def; 4 SpAtk

Calm Mind
Recover
Psyshock/Psychic
Focus Blast/Hidden Power Fire

Set Comments

This set allows Reuniclus to take on Blissey and even switch in on a predicted Toxic. Thanks to Magic Guard, Reuniclus won't take any recoil damage from Life Orb, weather, or any damage from status inflictions such as burn and poison. Reuniclus is an easy Pokemon to switch in, it can switch into some top threats in the metagame, such as Blissey, Conkeldurr, and Ferrothorn, which Reuniclus can either watch as they switch out, or start to produce fear in the opponent and set up some Calm Mind's—whilst laughing at any subpar damage they might want to inflict. With the choice between Psychic and Psyshock you should think about what could benefit your team more, if you're using Reuniclus purely as a counter for Pokemon such as Conkeldurr you might want to keep in mind that hitting Conkeldurr's Special Defense is the better option (especially if Conkeldurr has already started to Bulk Up by the time you switch in); however, if you don't mind losing the extra 10 base power, Psyshock can still prove useful, and allow victory in the rather common Calm Mind wars; either way Conkeldurr isn't going to like a STAB attack with a Life Orb boost and potential Calm Mind boosts. Focus Blast is preferred in Reuniclus's last slot, allowing it to hit Dark types and Steel types that otherwise Reuniclus's STAB move can't handle. Hidden Power Fire is also a move you should take into consideration over Focus Blast (although the loss in power could be devastating and thus miss making some crucial KO's), the ability to hit any indecisive Scizor who use Pursuit instead of U-turn can prove quite helpful seeing as Scizor is this set's biggest threat. It should be noted that this Pokemon is a perfect counter to Conkeldurr, which is ironically thanks to it's abysmal speed. Reuniclus will always be slower than Conkeldurr and thus ensures only the minimal amount of damage from Payback, which can be shrugged off with Recover.

Trick Room Reuniclus
Reuniclus w/ Life Orb
Quiet
IVs: 0 Spe
EVs: 252 HP; 4 Def; 252 spAtk

Trick Room
Psyshock/Psychic
Shadow Ball/Recover

Set Comments

Reuniclus is a brilliant Pokemon for utilizing Trick Room to benefit itself and other members of a team. With Trick Room, Reuniclus's disappointing Speed stat can be used to its advantage allowing it to move first against Pokemon that would usually be faster. With the problem of its Speed solved, Reuniclus can now put its decent bulk and 125 Special Attack stat to good use. Psychic and Psyshock are both usable on this set. Psyshock could prove useful when up against special defensive threats like Blissey who could ruin your chances at a sweep, after Stealth Rock damage Blissey is are 2HKO'd by Psyshock. Although, if you don't want to lose an extra 10 base power, Psychic is still available as an option.
Focus Blast and Shadow Ball give Reuniclus some decent coverage, and unlike the previous set Shadow Ball allows Reuniclus to hit bulkier Psychic types that could potentially stop Reuniclus from sweeping. Recover is a solid option that can be used over Shadow Ball, this set's biggest downfall is not having any way to reliably recover health, if you don't mind losing a coverage move (and being slightly walled by Bulky Psychic types like Slowbro), then Recover is probably the better option. Also worthy of mentioning is Hidden Power Fire which again is a viable option if you don't like the accuracy of Focus Blast, and want to fool a naive Scizor that uses Pursuit. In terms of the item, Life Orb is a solid choice and the power boost is greatly appreciated on Reuniclus especially as Magic Guard loses the drawback of the extra recoil damage. Coupled with the EV's and the Quiet nature, Reuniclus's Special Attack reaches 382. With Reuniclus's secure Bulk in HP, and its respectable Special Attack, pair those stats with Trick Room and you've got quite a reliable sweeper in Reuniclus.

Additional Comments

With 0 Speed IV's and a Quiet nature, Reuniclus's Speed is lowered down to 58, which pretty much ensures that Trick Room will make Reuniclus faster than probably the majority of the opponents team.

Choice Specs
Reuniclus w/ Choice Specs
Modest
EVs 252 HP; 4 Def; 252 spAtk

Psyshock/Psychic
Shadow Ball
Trick

Set Comments

This set aims to hit hard from Reuniclus's exceeding Special Attack, and attempt to confuse the opponent. It's easy for the opponent to get confused as they will most likely be expecting Life Orb, but due to the fact that they won't be able to see any recoil damage from Life Orb, it's hard to determine what item you'll be carrying. Psychic does carry the extra 10 base power; however, Psyshock is also an option to stop Reuniclus from being walled by special walls like Blissey who could otherwise cause some bother. With two more moveslots being taken up for coverage in the form of Focus Blast and Shadow Ball, the last moveslot is open for a move like Trick. With the opponent being unable to tell what item you have (thanks to them suspecting Magic Guard to be hiding the Life Orb recoil) Trick can cause the opponent quite a shock and can damage either a bulky wall or a physical sweeper. In regards to what item Reuniclus gets in return for the trade made by Trick, Reuniclus can benefit from any item (excluding Choice Scarf/Band). Leftovers can offer valuable recovery (which this set misses) and Life Orb again can really benefit Reuniclus's attacking potential.

Additional Comments

With the Modest nature, the EV's invested, and Choice Specs, Reuniclus's Sp.Atk reaches 574, which is going to hit anything hard, pair that with three coverage moves and Reuniclus can play an effective Choice Specs user.

Support
Politoed w/ Light Clay/Leftovers
Calm
EVs: 252 HP; 252 Def; 4 spDef

Psyshock/Psychic
Recover
Light Screen/Reflect
Reflect/Thunder Wave/Toxic

Set Comments

This Reuniclus set is much like the sets that Cresselia can run, with a few more advantages. The main noticeable advantage is Magic Guard, meaning that Reuniclus can't be Toxic stalled, 'Leech Seeded', or anything of that nature. Reuniclus has higher Special Attack, and also access to Recover; which is arguably the best move for recovering lost health. The best option that Cresselia has for healing is Moonlight which is seriously downgraded by the ever so common Sandstorm. Although, it should be outlined Cresselia does have overall better bulk, and access to a pseudo-BoltBeam combo.
For a supporting role on your team, Reuniclus has quite a few fair options. Recover is probably the staple move, allowing Reuniclus to regain lost health and as a result live longer; causing maximum annoyance to the opponent. An attack that can benefit from STAB is also advisable, so that Reuniclus isn't completely stopped by Taunt users, such as Whimsicott; although Whimsicott can't do much after using Taunt, thanks to Reuniclus being able to avoid the continuous health sucking that Leech Seed causes each turn. Your two main options for a reliable STAB move are Psychic and Psyshock, depending on how the rest of your team fairs against Physical and Special walls could aid your decision. In the last two move slots your options are plenty. Light Screen and Reflect can aid both of your respective defenses. Although if you want to keep one slot open for a status move, Reuniclus prefers Light Screen over Reflect (in accordance to its defensive stats), but Reuniclus's main counters don't appreciate Reflect too much. Again, this decision may vary on the rest of your team and which screen they can benefit from the most.
If you do decide to only use one screen, this set appreciates the ability of using status moves. Thunder Wave can hurt most common switch-in's on Reuniclus, notable one's include Tyranitar and Scizor. But Toxic also deserves a mention, especially with the back-up of Recover and Magic Guard you can potentially stall your opponents Pokemon.

Additional Comments

The EV's and the nature make Reuniclus's defensive stats clock in at 424 HP, 248 Def and 225 SpD. These stats however are all greatly outclassed by the standard Cresselia's stats (444 HP/ 372 Def/ 296 SpD) But in terms of offense, Reuniclus has 100 more Special Attack, and coupled with it's undeniable immunity to poison, (thanks to it's brilliant ability) and reliable recovery move, Reuniclus is effectively a more offensive version of Cresselia.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other Options

Energy Ball- An alternative attack, but it doesn't have good coverage with Reuniclus's main STAB move.
Thunder- Offers a strong attack, and more overage. It could work well if you're using Reuniclus in a team that abuses rain.
Pain Split- An alternative recovery move that can cause considerable damage to the opponent. Although, Recover outclasses Pain Split.
Grass Knot- A strong move with coverage to hit heavy Pokemon. It doesn't offer good coverage with Reuniclus's STAB move of choice.
Acid Armor- A good option for Reuniclus to boost it's Defense stat.

Team Options

Reuniclus has enough potential to fit into a Sandstorm team nicely. Thanks to Magic Guard, Reuniclus won't have to worry about the residual Sandstorm damage. Reuniclus also has some nice synergy to offer with common sandstorm users such as Tyranitar and Excadrill who are constantly fearing a Mach Punch from such things like Hitmontop and Conkeldurr, both of which Reuniclus can switch into and attempt to set up with relative ease. Reuniclus can also take any attempts in burning crucial members of a Sandstorm team, again courtesy of Magic Guard. Hail is also an option, with Reuniclus again, being able to switch into Fighting attacks with ease. If you're running the Trick Room set then members who could benefit from Trick Room would make obvious teammates, Pokemon such as Porygon2, Dusknoir, and even Pokemon from lower tiers. For the support set, any Pokemon that might be considered fragile can easily partner up with Reuniclus's screens and exceeding bulk. Overall, mainly thanks to Magic Guard, Reuniclus is a very versatile Pokemon with potential to fit in to any team and other its services as a valuable sponge.

Counters

Reuniclus has to watch out for Tyranitar, and also Banded Scizor who can both seriously dent Reuniclus with Pursuit, Crunch or U-turn, respectively. Upon switching out Pursuit from a non-Banded variant of Tyranitar with max Attack does around 55.2% - 65.1% and Crunch doing the same if you decide to stay in. From a Banded Tyranitar, you can expect to take around 92.9% and 110.4% from Crunch and Pursuit (if you're switching out). So depending on how much HP you have left or if you need Reuniclus for later, you might end up relying on Focus Blast to hit. Scizor is probably the biggest mentionable threat, who could Pursuit and hinder Reuniclus for around 59% - 69.8% of damage (if Reuniclus decides to switch out). Also U-turn from Scizor can seriously dent Reuniclus with around 76.9% - 91% damage. Again, staying in or switching out depends on how much HP you have left and if you have the power to KO after taking a hit. Reuniclus also doesn't enjoy the company of Pokemon who can take both of it's preferred attacks, such as Jirachi, Bronzong and Metagross. In particular Jirachi might decide to Trick, which could potentially render Reuniclus as useless for the rest of the match. If Reuniclus doesn't have many Calm Minds set up it might be worth taking note that Ghost types that could hit hard with Shadow Ball could threaten you, such as Gengar. Taunt users in general like Gliscor and Gyarados can also damage your chances at setting up Trick Room or screens.

Opinion

Reuniclus is an interesting Pokemon to say the least, and at most times can be unpredictable thanks to Magic Guard hiding the commonly used Life Orb; and negate the backlash of the excessive damage. Reuniclus is a valuable team member, despite it's dreaded typing, and it's ability as a status sponge is something that is greatly appreciated in the metagame.

DDwhiscash
12-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Sets look amazing nice work. Although Regen in conjunction with Choice Specs could also work :3

steel dragons
12-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Go to sleep

What?

Anyway, nice job Lovat. I'll add this in to "the list"

Seth Vilo
12-12-2010, 03:27 AM
Curses... I was going to do this guy soon...

Also, I'm here to advocate the effectiveness of Calm Mind + Recover, as well as further highlight the threat of Trick. It hurts you badly, as you probably know... Also, Psycho Shock has been a little better for me, letting you easily win against popular Calm Mind wars. Yes, it makes Bulk Up Roobushin slightly harder to deal with since Psycho Shock targets his buffed Defense, but you often force Roobushin out since nobody wants to loose that beast. Keep this thing away from Scizor's/Ttar's onslaughts, and you've got a squishy monster on your hands.

DDwhiscash
12-12-2010, 05:12 AM
Actually since Ranky is used to counter Roopushin Psychic is the better choice as it deals damage to its weaker diffence

Lovat
12-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Curses... I was going to do this guy soon...

Also, I'm here to advocate the effectiveness of Calm Mind + Recover, as well as further highlight the threat of Trick. It hurts you badly, as you probably know... Also, Psycho Shock has been a little better for me, letting you easily win against popular Calm Mind wars. Yes, it makes Bulk Up Roobushin slightly harder to deal with since Psycho Shock targets his buffed Defense, but you often force Roobushin out since nobody wants to loose that beast. Keep this thing away from Scizor's/Ttar's onslaughts, and you've got a squishy monster on your hands.

I'm going to mention the fact that Psycho Shock can help win Calm Mind wars, It's something rather obvious that I overlooked. I think I was a little to biased in the decision of either Psychic or Psycho Shock.

Actually since Ranky is used to counter Roopushin Psychic is the better choice as it deals damage to its weaker diffence

Roobushin would probably run after either seeing how little his Payback does or if not he'd run immediately. By the time Roobushin comes back in, you should have some Calm Mind's up, and by that point Roobushin isn't going to live either Psychic or Psycho Shock.

PSN_Eevee
12-12-2010, 06:23 PM
1. Looooooooooooooooooovatttttttttttttttttttttttt

2. It looks like a really well made analysis, but there are a couple of things that you might want to add!

First off, I personally would remove mentions of HP Fighting; Hidden Power [Ice] or [Fire] can be used to let you hit Dragons a bit harder (though admitedly most get OHKO'd by Psycho Shock) or kill Scizor who comes in and Pursuits instead of U-Turning.

On the Trick Room set, Recover is a solid option, especially since Rankurusu is more of a TR supporter than a TR sweeper. I'd probably slash it with Shadow Ball, and eliminate the mention of Sub, helpful as it may be in some situations. Also, Focus Blast > HP Fight for KOs on more defensive Tyranitar.

Lastly, you might want to mention that it can function a bit like a more offensive Cresselia (with reliable healing) running a Dual Screen Set of Thunder Wave/LightScreen/Reflect/Filler, which also means that with max defense under Reflect, Scizor and TTar and Waruvial don't really hit that hard.

Lovat
12-13-2010, 10:53 PM
1. Looooooooooooooooooovatttttttttttttttttttttttt

2. It looks like a really well made analysis, but there are a couple of things that you might want to add!

First off, I personally would remove mentions of HP Fighting; Hidden Power [Ice] or [Fire] can be used to let you hit Dragons a bit harder (though admitedly most get OHKO'd by Psycho Shock) or kill Scizor who comes in and Pursuits instead of U-Turning.

On the Trick Room set, Recover is a solid option, especially since Rankurusu is more of a TR supporter than a TR sweeper. I'd probably slash it with Shadow Ball, and eliminate the mention of Sub, helpful as it may be in some situations. Also, Focus Blast > HP Fight for KOs on more defensive Tyranitar.

Lastly, you might want to mention that it can function a bit like a more offensive Cresselia (with reliable healing) running a Dual Screen Set of Thunder Wave/LightScreen/Reflect/Filler, which also means that with max defense under Reflect, Scizor and TTar and Waruvial don't really hit that hard.

1. Eeeevvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee <3

2. I've made all the changes you suggested, with exception of Hidden Power Ice, you pointed it out yourself, dragons and such are most likely going to be KO'd with Psycho Shock, with the exception of Lati@s.
I'm pretty such I've removed all mentions of Hidden Power Fighting and replaced them with HP Fire, I think you're right on that aspect.

I've got 3 sets finished to my standards. I had one more planned and that's the screening, support set that you mentioned too, which I'll probably finish off tomorrow.

steel dragons
12-14-2010, 07:55 PM
My thoughts:

First of all, this is a really well made analysis. Nice job.

For the Choice Specs set, wouldn't people see that there is no Life Orb Recoil? Even though Rankurusu doesn't lose any HP, people can still see the Recoil damage in the battle log.
Could Energy Ball be an option on some of these sets, or is it just too inferior to the other moves? It does more damage to most Water types than Psychic does (depending on typing and such), so it isn't nessecarily outclassed. Its really too bad that it didn't get Thunderbolt (and actually got Thunder apparently)

Lovat
12-15-2010, 12:21 AM
My thoughts:

First of all, this is a really well made analysis. Nice job.

For the Choice Specs set, wouldn't people see that there is no Life Orb Recoil? Even though Rankurusu doesn't lose any HP, people can still see the Recoil damage in the battle log.
Could Energy Ball be an option on some of these sets, or is it just too inferior to the other moves? It does more damage to most Water types than Psychic does (depending on typing and such), so it isn't nessecarily outclassed. Its really too bad that it didn't get Thunderbolt (and actually got Thunder apparently)

Thank you.
I've just gone to confirm it personally, but on PO, Life Orb recoil doesn't appear in the battle logs. As for the actual games, I'll try to determine whether it shows on Rankurusu or not by tonight.
I didn't see Energy Ball as worthy of a place on any sets, it doesn't really have good coverage with Rankurusu's STAB move of choice to replace Focus Blast. With both of them being resisted by Steel types. And on the Trick Room set, I see Shadow Ball as preferable to hit other Psychic types for Super Effective damage.
But I did mention both Thunder and Energy Ball as other options in my Overall Conclusion section.

I'm pretty much finished with the analysis. And I don't think there are any more particularly worthy sets. If someone of power is reading this, could they please edit out the 'WIP' in the title?

DDwhiscash
12-15-2010, 02:13 AM
Life Orb recoil either doesn't show or my White ROM is out of whack and needs another patch

PSN_Eevee
12-15-2010, 05:48 AM
That's probably because Rankurusu doesn't have LO recoil if it's running Magic Guard as its ability.

DDwhiscash
12-15-2010, 07:42 AM
so the answer is clearly A ........ Meaning that Specs are viable

steel dragons
12-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Kankurusu doesn't get LO recoil if it has magic guard, but I really thought that, on PO, it said something like "Rankurusu is hurt by its Life Orb!" or something like that after every turn. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Lovat
12-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Kankurusu doesn't get LO recoil if it has magic guard, but I really thought that, on PO, it said something like "Rankurusu is hurt by its Life Orb!" or something like that after every turn. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope. I've confirmed it myself.
Magic Guard completely hides any signs that might suggest Rankurusu is carrying Life Orb, and no message appears in the logs either.

Lovat
03-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Update:
> Updated into the new format.
> All English names. (I can't even spell Reuniclus without taking a few seconds to think.)

Let me know if you see any Japanese names, I'm not to confident in myself that I've got them all.
I also think that the WIP can come out of the title?

DDwhiscash
03-07-2011, 02:27 PM
If there's no Japanese in there then I'm pretty sure it can come off since it's a complete analysis.

Edit: I looked it over and I see no Ranky in there. Still think at least one more person should look it over.

Ciele
03-07-2011, 03:53 PM
A few things that I noticed:

Dustproof and Regeneration are mentioned in the Overview. These should be changed to Overcoat and Regenerator respectively.

Also, Regenerator is often mentioned in certain set's analyses, but it is never actually slashed alongside Magic Coat. That's assuming that DW Reuniclus has been released, because if it hasn't, then Regenerator shouldn't even be mentioned!

There are also times when you switch between whether you use capitals for the names of stats such as Special Attack, most notably in the EV sections. Sometimes it's "Special Attack" but other times it's "special attack". You've also used a capital "P" for the word problem in the Trick Room set.

And for Reuniclus' Choice Specs set, you mention that it reaches 573 Special Attack with said Choice Specs, but it actually reaches 574 unless you run Hidden Power Fire (which is only a slashed option alongside the more commonly used Focus Blast).

Lastly, when comparing to Cresselia, you say that Cresselia has access to BoltBeam, when it doesn't actually learn Thunderbolt or even Thunder. It can run a pseudo-BoltBeam combo with Charge Beam or HP Electric and Ice Beam, but it's still not quite the same.

I've probably missed something, but these are just slight changes that could be made and overall it seems to be a solid analysis.

Lovat
03-07-2011, 04:26 PM
All done. Changed everything you said, and I'm very confident that there are no more Japanese names in there.

MikeDecIsHere
03-07-2011, 06:52 PM
One tiny nitpick, no one really uses Scarf Tyranitar. I'd say that Banded T-tar is more of a threat to Reniculus than Scarfed T-Tar is.

Other than that, it looks fantastic. I will remove the WIP

MikeDecIsHere
04-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Bumping for QC

This is very good. I would mention bulky scizor in the other options as well

QC approval (1/3)

steel dragons
04-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Ok, this analysis is indeed very good. Some thoughts:

For the Choice specs set, you have a Bold nature listed; yet on additional comments, you mentioned a Modest nature. Did you mean to put a Modest nature for that set?

Also, I think that Psychic should be the superior option over Psyshock, simply because Psychic has more power than Psyshock. You say that Psyshock helps reuniclus to beat Blissey, but i'll point out some things here:
--For the Calm Mind set, Reuniclus can beat Blissey/Chansey, even if Reuniclus has Psychic. The worst that Blissey can do to Reuniclus is paralyze it, as Toxic won't damage it, and Seismic Toss and Flamethrower won't damage it either.
--for the TR sweeper, I would prefer Psychic over Psyshock simply for the extra base power. It also lets Reuniclus beat Conkeldurr nearly every time with one hit. However, it does seem that more of the common Pokemon are hit harder with physical attacks rather than special attacks. For example, Dragonite, Gyarados, Jellicent, Blissey, Volcarona, and Politoed are all usually hit harder with Psyshock than Psychic.

Other than those things, I can't find anything else wrong here.

PSN_Eevee
04-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Nah Psyshock is usually better for the CM set because it lets you win CM wars against other stuff.

Kidcrimson
05-06-2011, 07:05 PM
I think this is 1 of my favorite Analysis i have seen. :D Nicely written and very informative! I think i am going to use your "Support" set for my SS team!

Lovat
06-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Bumping for QC.

I ended up slashing Psyshock first. But in the set comments, I've left the decision pretty much up to the users discretion.

steel dragons
06-21-2011, 06:46 PM
This looks good Lovat, I'm QC approving this.

Zaidon
11-30-2011, 05:42 PM
There is one counter to Reuniclus that we all forgot, Sableye. With immunity to both Psychic and Fighting, and with its ability Prankster, can shut it down with Taunt and prevent it from leaving with Mean Look and can Recover to gain back health. It can also hit Reuniclus with STAB Shadow Ball, and if Reuniclus doesn't have anything to hurt it, its as good as dead.

The only way for Reuniclus is to Stall-out Sableye, and pray not for sp.def drop.

steel dragons
12-01-2011, 01:12 PM
There is one counter to Reuniclus that we all forgot, Sableye. With immunity to both Psychic and Fighting, and with its ability Prankster, can shut it down with Taunt and prevent it from leaving with Mean Look and can Recover to gain back health. It can also hit Reuniclus with STAB Shadow Ball, and if Reuniclus doesn't have anything to hurt it, its as good as dead.

The only way for Reuniclus is to Stall-out Sableye, and pray not for sp.def drop.

Thats true, but let me point out some things:

First, Prankster Sableye may not be available everywhere, since Prankster Sableye, as far as I know, has not been released yet. Its only available for the Dream World tiers currently.

Also, if Reuniclus can't hurt Sableye, then it would probably switch out of Sableye anyway.

Finally, Sableye would probably be using Shadow Claw (because of its higher attack stat) or Night Shade (because of its weak offensive stats) over Shadow Ball.

You're right, in that Sableye counters most Reuniclus very effectively. Just keep in mind that there's nothing stopping Reuniclus from switching out.

Zaidon
12-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Thats true, but let me point out some things:

First, Prankster Sableye may not be available everywhere, since Prankster Sableye, as far as I know, has not been released yet. Its only available for the Dream World tiers currently.

Also, if Reuniclus can't hurt Sableye, then it would probably switch out of Sableye anyway.

Finally, Sableye would probably be using Shadow Claw (because of its higher attack stat) or Night Shade (because of its weak offensive stats) over Shadow Ball.

You're right, in that Sableye counters most Reuniclus very effectively. Just keep in mind that there's nothing stopping Reuniclus from switching out.

I forgot it learned Night Shade, but Mean Look can be effective to keep it in. Btw, I have Prankster Sableye outside of DW, so either its been released or the person I traded hacked Prankster on.