PDA

View Full Version : Webmaster Contest - Master Analyser Rank

Statigar
12-14-2010, 10:21 PM
We have many very competent candidates to become the webmaster for content and analysis of the website. The winner will gain powers to:

-edit threads and posts in:
-Analysis restoration
-Website contributions and analysis
-Generation 5 discussion
-adding and editing articles that are live on the teamuber website.
-adding live news, feeds and featured content on the teamuber website.
-administrative access to the teamuber website.

The main candidates are: Steel Dragons, Lovat, Tony32 and DDwhiscash.

Requirements:
Each candidate must post 1 new generation 5 analysis within 48 hours.
Each candidate gains credit for posting critical comments on eachothers analysis to improve it.
Each candidate gains credit for analysis format, grammar, spelling and content.

Voting:
All teamuber forum members can vote for their favourite analyser - those who they feel made the best analysis, or the one that was most informative to them. I will post a voting thread once all candidates have posted their entry analysis.
Final voting will be between administrators.
The winner will be notified by email, and powers personally assigned to them by statigar, with a walkthrough on how to control the website.

Happy analysing, and goodluck!

Please can all candidates post here saying "in", with a link to their analysis.
Please can all members view these threads, post on them, or remember what each was like for the voting thread which will be posted soon.

DDwhiscash
12-15-2010, 01:21 AM
In (http://teamuber.net//forum/showthread.php?p=184375#post184375)

:/ hope I get it

I smell a dead thread

steel dragons
12-15-2010, 01:49 PM
IN.

When does this start? (or has it started already?) I'm asking because I may not have time to make an analysis until tomorrow night (or Friday morning) because of finals and stuff like that.

I'm serious, I would like to do this, however I would need time to make an analysis, time that I wouldn't have until later.

Note, I have fulfilled all of this criteria pretty much. I have made some good 5th gen analyses, have posted critical comments in other people's analyses, have good grammar in general (in my opinion), and am reasonably active on here. I may not be as active as some people, but I have other things that I do besides sitting in front of a computer. Thats just how life works, really.

DDwhiscash
12-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Time started yesterday Steel ........ I think you have till Tom. evening

Saiko
12-16-2010, 05:30 AM
It's unfortunate that TU is in need of one so soon... I still have a few more days until I finish moving to the new place... Well good luck guys

PSN_Eevee
12-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Each candidate must post 1 new generation 5 analysis within 48 hours.

No offense intended, Stat, but that rule's plain stupid. All it's going to do is decrease the quality of the analysis posted. I mean, I'm fine with it not being a three week process per analysis back like it was during the TU gen 4 analysis project, but posting an analysis every two days is just going to lead to more hurried analysis being made, that require more time to grammar check and go over to check factual info and **** due to the significantly greater number of mistakes that are likely to be made in a quickly put together analysis. I can understand why you want to get moving on gen 5, but I personally think that being more thorough would be a bit better.

Statigar
12-16-2010, 08:51 PM
No offense intended, Stat, but that rule's plain stupid. All it's going to do is decrease the quality of the analysis posted. I mean, I'm fine with it not being a three week process per analysis back like it was during the TU gen 4 analysis project, but posting an analysis every two days is just going to lead to more hurried analysis being made, that require more time to grammar check and go over to check factual info and **** due to the significantly greater number of mistakes that are likely to be made in a quickly put together analysis. I can understand why you want to get moving on gen 5, but I personally think that being more thorough would be a bit better.

NEW DEADLINE: THURSDAY 23rd December!!!!!

...which means that Steel, Saiko and Eevee can also apply.

DDwhiscash
12-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Also gives meh time to edit.. btw Steel already said he was in so... <3

steel dragons
12-17-2010, 04:40 AM
Ok, I'll finish my Kyurem analysis tomorrow probably.

DDwhiscash
12-17-2010, 04:45 AM
I hope you included the anti lead set with frozen world.

steel dragons
12-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Ok, the Kyurem analysis is done, for the most part. I'm sure that more sets can be added to it, but has probably most of the main sets right now.

The link is here (http://teamuber.net//forum/showthread.php?t=9260) (Click it)

DDwhiscash
12-24-2010, 10:04 AM
So only two people entered ? Really? That kinda disappoints me.

Statigar
12-24-2010, 11:08 PM
So only two people entered ? Really? That kinda disappoints me.

i'm waiting for Lovat to post his before i close the competition and announce the winner.

steel dragons
12-25-2010, 10:24 PM
So the winner has already been decided...?

Oh yeah, and merry Christmas everyone!

DDwhiscash
12-26-2010, 01:07 AM
No we have to wait for Lovat ... if he entered to begin with

steel dragons
12-26-2010, 05:29 AM
Should I start campaigning for this position? Do I need to think up a campaign slogan?

I could say a lot more here, but I promise to use my powers responsibly if I get them. My first thing that I would do would be to actually move the 5th Gen analyses to the right place (into the analysis section). Also, I would divide the analysis section into two sections, the section where anyone can post, and the section that contains the "good" analyses.

If I don't get this position, I'll still help out with the analyses and stuff and make suggestions. After all, the 5th Generation is "the wave of the future," so to speak. It is the direction that TU has to head in, and we need to re-format how these analyses are done.

Also, if I don't get the position, and someone wants to use my ideas, thats fine. Just PLEASE don't say that this was your idea and your idea alone.

DDwhiscash
12-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Should I start campaigning for this position? Do I need to think up a campaign slogan?

I could say a lot more here, but I promise to use my powers responsibly if I get them. My first thing that I would do would be to actually move the 5th Gen analyses to the right place (into the analysis section). Also, I would divide the analysis section into two sections, the section where anyone can post, and the section that contains the "good" analyses.

If I don't get this position, I'll still help out with the analyses and stuff and make suggestions. After all, the 5th Generation is "the wave of the future," so to speak. It is the direction that TU has to head in, and we need to re-format how these analyses are done.

Also, if I don't get the position, and someone wants to use my ideas, thats fine. Just PLEASE don't say that this was your idea and your idea alone.

If I could like this....... I would .... right now facebook ftw

Twistedspoon
12-26-2010, 12:09 PM
I find it amusing that a campaigner for webmaster just double posted.

I know it was an accident, but it was just amusing to me, that's all.

Seriously though, Steel would make a fantastic Webmaster, and Lovat and DD would be fine choices too. :)

steel dragons
12-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Wow, I didn't think that I double posted, and I didn't mean to either. I found out about that right now. If a mod wants to delete the second post, thats fine.

Lovat
12-26-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm going to be honest, I can't guarantee activity. It would be selfish of me to therefore apply for this position.
I personally feel that Steel Dragons deserves this position more, he's rather more active than myself and can probably promise further activity. I also feel that he's done the most for this analysis section without having any alternative motives, or any intentions that don't include benefiting Team Uber as the main motivation.
When I say I can't ensure activity, that does not mean I won't be continuing to the analyses. I plan on starting and maybe finishing my Togekiss analysis tomorrow afternoon now that the Xmas period has mainly finished.

DDwhiscash
12-27-2010, 07:26 AM
i just remembered i suggested the exact same thing ... Remember that thread (http://teamuber.net//forum/showthread.php?t=9247) steel.. that no1 gave attention to?

steel dragons
12-27-2010, 05:29 PM
You (DDwhiscash) and me did talk about those ideas before you posted that thread though.

Also, I'm finished with the Kyurem analysis for now, though I'm thinking of adding a Sub-Salac set soon.

DDwhiscash
12-29-2010, 03:20 AM
I wanna believe this thread has been forgotten

steel dragons
12-31-2010, 06:38 AM
It surely hasn't been forgotten by me. I hope that a resolution comes to this soon.

DDwhiscash
01-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Heh, I'm near positive it is. Probably just going to be randomly locked.

Statigar
01-01-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm going to be honest, I can't guarantee activity. It would be selfish of me to therefore apply for this position.
I personally feel that Steel Dragons deserves this position more, he's rather more active than myself and can probably promise further activity. I also feel that he's done the most for this analysis section without having any alternative motives, or any intentions that don't include benefiting Team Uber as the main motivation.
When I say I can't ensure activity, that does not mean I won't be continuing to the analyses. I plan on starting and maybe finishing my Togekiss analysis tomorrow afternoon now that the Xmas period has mainly finished.

Thanks for such an honest and truthful post. News on this position will be revealed soon!

Lavityranitar
01-18-2011, 05:41 AM
Steel Dragons highly deserves this. I can't even renember how many WIP's he has posted, and rated the other ones.

sandy1110
03-03-2011, 01:29 AM
Time started yesterday Steel ........ I think you have till Tom. evening .......