PDA

View Full Version : Season 6 - Information and Rules

Eternal
01-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Season Six

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/rty102/Photoshop/teamubercopy.png

About two and a half years have passed since our first seasonal tournament. Now it is time for the Sixth Season to begin. With the start of the Sixth Season, many things have changed. First, the birth of 5th generation has presented us with new Pokemon and a new way of playing. And so, the Sixth Season will consist of two tiers to commemorate the decaying of DPP OU and the rise of BW OU and Dream World OU.

- Where will the tournaments be hosted?

Furthermore, we will not be using Shoddy Battle this season. All tournaments played for this season will be played on Pokemon Online. The server these tournaments will be hosted on is the Pokemon Online server. The main chat and discussion of this tournament will be accommodated in the Teamuber channel. To access the Teamuber channel, you must be on the Pokemon Online server. Go to "Channels" on top left and double click "Teamuber" and you be forwarded to the Teamuber channel.

- How will the tournaments be hosted?

The tournaments will be hosted on Tournaments channel exactly when the tournament is said to start in the schedule (http://teamuber.net/forum/showthread.php?p=185852#post185852). You can access the Tournaments channel the same way you accessed the Teamuber channel. On the Tournaments channel, you must type "/join" in order to participate in the tournament. Spots will fill up fast, so be on time!

- Do I need a Teamuber forum account and/or post on the forums to join?

It is recommended that you have a Teamuber forums and/or Pokemon Online forums (http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/forum.php) account, but it is not required as long as you use the same username on every tournament you join (so you are awarded with the points you earn). You do not have to post on the forums in order to join the tournament, you simply type "/join" when the tournament sign ups have begun on the Tournaments channel.

- When are the tournaments hosted and for how many weeks?

The tournaments are hosted every Saturday and Sunday on the times specified on this thread (http://teamuber.net/forum/showthread.php?p=185852#post185852). There will be two tournaments hosted back-to-back on Saturday and Sunday. For example, lets say this week's tier is Dream World OU and the tournament is said to be hosted on Saturday at 4:00 PM EST. The first tournament will begin at 4:00 PM EST and the second tournament will begin immediately after the first one has ended.

The whole season will span for 9 weeks.

- Am I allowed to join both tournaments on Saturday and both tournaments on Sunday?

Yes, you are allowed to join all tournaments. But, only the best score you make on that day will be awarded to you only. Meaning, if for example you earned 3 points on the first tournament this Saturday and then immediately on the second tournament on the same day you earned 7 points, then you will only earn 7 points for that day. Same goes for Sunday, if you earn 9 points on the first tournament and 5 points on the second tournament on Sunday, then you will only earn 9 points for that day. So your total points for that week would be 9 + 6 = 15 points.

- How does the points system work?

You will earn points for every round you win in a tournament. Here's how the points system works:

Won Round 1 = 1 point
Won Round 1+2 = 1+2 = 3 points
Won Round 1+2+3 = 3+2 = 5 points
Won Round 1+2+3+4 = 5+2 = 7 points
Won Round 1+2+3+4+5 = 7+2 = 9 points

- What happens after the 9 weeks of tournaments?

After the 10 weeks of tournaments, the 16 best performing battlers with the highest points will be awarded into the playoffs. Where they will battle head to head in a single elimination battle (DPP OU and Dream World OU). This is how the playoffs will be matched up. Lets say the following members (the fruits represent players) are in the playoffs with the following points:

Rank 1: Apple [40 points]
Rank 2: Banana [36 points]
Rank 3: Strawberry [33 points]
Rank 4: Cherry [31 points]
Rank 5: Watermelon [29 points]
Rank 6: Grapefruit [29 points]
Rank 7: Rasberry [28 points]
Rank 8: Orange [27 points]
etc...

Rank 1 will battle Rank 16, Rank 2 will battle Rank 15, etc. So as you can see the highest scorer will battle the lowest scorer. Thus, gaining the most points gives you an advantage by battling the "weakest" person in the playoffs.

From what I've seen with all the past tournaments, the BEST way to get into the playoffs is by making sure that you take part in as many tournaments as possible. You want to obtain as much points as possible, to do that you must participate in as much tournaments as you can.

- What are the battling rules?

Species Clause – You cannot use more than one of the same pokemon in your team.
OHKO Clause - Any moves that induce an instant KO like Horn Drill are banned.
Sleep Clause – You cannot put more than one pokemon to sleep.
Self KO Clause – You cannot use any moves that KO yourself when both you and your opponent are on your last poke.
PO Timer - The timer must be on.
Scouting in other participant’s games is strictly forbidden.
Pokemon Online Tiers Only – You team should be valid according to Pokemon Online server.

Enjoy the duration of the season and good luck to all participants!

- Will there be a leaderboard?

Yes, there will be a leaderboard that will be updated every week with the current standings here (http://teamuber.net/events/leaderboard.php?season=6).

In order to access the leaderboard from the main site, click on "Seasonal Tournaments" under Events panel. Then click on "View Active Leaderboard" next to Season 6.

HOTROD
01-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Great thread, I will definately have a few shots to gain some points =]

PSN_Eevee
01-05-2011, 12:14 AM
I like strawberries.

edit: and I'll be using one of Iris's many anti Iconic teams, btw.

ShinyRoserade
01-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Awesome thread. It will definetly give the members of TU a chance to gain some points and move up there rating

Eternal
01-09-2011, 05:09 AM
Due to the number of participants and the number of tournaments being twice as great, I've increased the amount of players eligible to the playoffs to 16.

So a total of 16 players can make it to the playoffs now.

Also, the Season 6 leaderboard will be updated after every tournament here: http://teamuber.net/events/leaderboard.php?season=6

badalcristiano
01-09-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm gonna go all out.

Eternal
01-26-2011, 10:03 AM
From week 4 and afterwards there will only be one tournament on Saturday and Sunday. The sign ups will begin 5 mins before the sign ups. There will be a cap of 128 players and sign ups will last for 15 minutes. If the sign ups does not reach 128, then I will cap it at 96, and if the rate of sign ups is too slow, then it will be capped at 64.

Ducky
01-26-2011, 10:37 PM
The sign ups will begin 5 mins before the sign ups.
I'm a bit confused lol.

Eos
01-27-2011, 01:09 AM
ya same lol. ^

Eternal
01-27-2011, 01:25 AM
I'm a bit confused lol.

Lol, I meant 5 mins before the scheduled sign ups.

Ducky
01-27-2011, 02:33 AM
ahhh okie, so in other words, just be early?

Eternal
01-27-2011, 02:29 PM
ahhh okie, so in other words, just be early?

Yea.