PDA

View Full Version : Aron Analysis

MikeDecIsHere
01-11-2011, 05:48 AM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/95/304.png
Aron

Type: Rock/Steel

Abilities:
Rock Head- Does not receive recoil damage from recoil-causing damages.
STURDY- This pokemon is unaffected by OHKO moves and the Pokemon cannot be knocked out when it has full HP
Heavy Metal (Dream World)- This Pokemon's weight is doubled

Base Stats:
HP- 50
Attack- 70
Defence- 100
Special Attack- 40
Specia Defence- 40
Speed- 30

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/304.shtml

Overview

When you first look at this, you're probably thinking, why the hell is there an analyisis about F.E.A.R.? Well what if I told you that this is a F.E.A.R. that can't die? Aron can potentially sweep an entire team with F.E.A.R.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Depth/Move Sets

The Ultimate F.E.A.R. Set
Aron- LEVEL 1 w/ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Jolly
EVs- Do not matter, as EVs do not effect Pokemon at level 1

Endeavor
Protect
Earthquake
Rock Smash

Set Comments

Ok let me explain how to use this godsend F.E.A.R. First off, Sandstorm has to be in play. Second, Aron needs to be brought in at FULL HEALTH. This is necessary in order for Aron to bring out it's full potential. After the opponent attacks your full heath Aron, Aron will be brought down to 1 HP thanks to Sturdy. Then use Endeavor to bring the opponent down to 1 HP. After Shell Bell, Aron will restore ALL of its health. At the end of the turn, the opponent will die to sandstorm. Lather, rinse, repeat. Watch your unprepared opponent's expression change from laughter to terror as Aron plows through their entire team.
Protect is used for Scouting, as Aron wants to remain status free.
Earthquake is listed to take down other Aron.
Rock Smash is used to hit any Flying Pokemon that won't die to Sandstorm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other Options

Toxic- Can cripple opposing Ghost Pokemon (minus Gengar) who think that they can come in and completely wall Aron.

Teammates

Sandstorm is required for this to work. Hippowdon is probably the best for this. Since Hippowdon is so slow, Sand will definately be up. Tyranitar is recommended for the team in order to have a backup Sand Stream user. Tyranitar can also threaten the Ghost Pokemon that make Endeavor useless.
A Rapid Spinner is also required, as Aron cannot function with entry hazards in. Starmie is the best Rapid Spinner for the job, as it can also be used to threaten Rock and Ground Pokemon. Donphan is also a good spinner and has access to Ice Shard, which can be used to pick off foes weakened by Aron. Doryuuzu is a great option as a spinner, and works perfectly in Sandstorm. A Pokemon that can threaten Rock, Ground, and Steel Pokemon makes Aron's life a lot easier. MixApe is great for this, as Close Combat, Fire Blast, Grass Knot, and HP Ice harms almost EVERY Pokemon that isn't taken out by Sand.

Counters

There are lots of things that stop Aron. Any Ghost makes Endeavor totally useless. Burn and Leech Seed means that Sturdy is completely useless. Entry Hazards also makes Sturdy null and void. Weather changing Pokemon can stop Aron's sweep, but make sure that all of the Sand Stream users are out of the way, as they will still be crippled by Endeavor and most likely be unable to change the weather again. Rocks, Steels, and Ground Pokemon can break Sturdy, but they will lose to Aron. This strategy should only be used as a last resort. A substitute user can also beat Aron, but the Substitute user will still be brought down to low health, so this should also be used if you have no other way of beating Aron. Abomasnow also counters Aron, as hail will also break sturdy. Nattorei can also break Aron with Steel Thorns, but it will become crippled. Fake out users also beat Aron, as the flinch makes Sturdy useless. Multi-hit attacks also take Aron down, as they break sturdy on the first turn and then finish the monster off. Dragon Tail, Revenge, and Counter also beats Aron, since they go after Aron attacks. Abilities than negate Sturdy, like Mold Breaker, Tera Voltage, and Turbo Blaze, also beat Aron.

Opinion

While it seems harmless, Aron has the potential to sweep an entire team. I used F.E.A.R. Aron in a Gen 5 server and after not loosing for a week, every team had a counter to it. Aron can be a huge threat to any team that is unprepared for its onslaught.

Refer to this video for proof of how effective Aron can be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJxvmtCwAZY

Credit goes to Serebii for information
Credit goes to TheFlamingSpade for the video. Check him out here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFlamingSpade

DDwhiscash
01-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Still having a hard time believing this. Mind posting a battle log or a log clip?
Also even if this works Abomasnow (even though it's rare) still counters this set. Since hail stops sturdy.

MikeDecIsHere
01-11-2011, 04:13 PM
proof has been added, unfortunately i haven't saved any of the logs of my epic sweeps, but this video shows what my log would say anyway.

Twistedspoon
01-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Still having a hard time believing this. Mind posting a battle log or a log clip?
Also even if this works Abomasnow (even though it's rare) still counters this set. Since hail stops sturdy.

Uh whiscash...

I think we can safely assume that this is a little cup analysis :rolleyes:

EDIT: Maybe not sorry ¬_¬

but aron is still a potent little cup threat

MikeDecIsHere
01-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Uh whiscash...

I think we can safely assume that this is a little cup analysis :rolleyes:

EDIT: Maybe not sorry ¬_¬

but aron is still a potent little cup threat

Nah this set doesn't work in little cup. Shell Bell won't recover all of Aron's HP.

Twistedspoon
01-11-2011, 05:44 PM
yeah, not this set, but he still hits hard with other sets :/

as another option, donphan could be a viable rapid spinner since it doesn't take sandstorm damage; not as effective as stramie, of course, but still viable :]

MikeDecIsHere
01-11-2011, 06:59 PM
You know I completely forgot about Donphan when I was thinking of spinners. He also has Ice Shard which can pick off pokes weakened by Endeavor. Thanks Twisted, I will add him to the list of teammates when I get home

As a side note, you guys should look at the Terakion analysis that I put up XD

Twistedspoon
01-11-2011, 09:33 PM
lol, good point, I see that ice shard would be really useful :D

DDwhiscash
01-12-2011, 03:58 AM
..... Aron in OU? ...................................... !!

Dimes
01-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I've actually seen this little bugger sweep through many well built teams (and my own vs IPL), which was the first time I ever heard of that set. That said, it is indeed a very effective FEAR set, and could actually pull off a sweep, unlike Rattata.

DDwhiscash
01-13-2011, 07:55 AM
NFE .......... mega NFE...........in OU.....................!! Daddy's making a new team
Base 100 def?!? !!

DDwhiscash
01-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I found it important to mention that Mold Breaker also destroys Sturdy. (Same goes for Turbo Blaze and Tera Voltage)

MikeDecIsHere
01-24-2011, 07:55 PM
yeah i had realized that and made a mental note to add it, but i never did. Thanks for the reminder DD

Lavityranitar
01-24-2011, 10:29 PM
A way to beat Aron is to use Role Play (extremley uncommon) to get it's sturdy or trick it a item.

MikeDecIsHere
01-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Trick isn't that great of a way, since you still might end up losing two pokes. And although Role Play can't beat Aron. it's very unlikely that a player would want to waste a move slot for it. Plus, Aron can simply switch to remove the effects of Role Play after eliminating your" Role Player".

SilentDreams
03-07-2011, 04:47 AM
New format. Fixed the abilities section. Add information for Toxic, under Other Options.

Aron

Type: Rock/Steel

Abilities:
Rock Head- Does not receive recoil damage from recoil-causing damages.
STURDY- This pokemon is unaffected by OHKO moves and the Pokemon cannot be knocked out when it has full HP
Heavy Metal (Dream World)- This Pokemon's weight is doubled

Base Stats:
HP- 50
Attack- 70
Defence- 100
Special Attack- 40
Specia Defence- 40
Speed- 30

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/304.shtml

Overview

When you first look at this, you're probably thinking, why the hell is there an analyisis about F.E.A.R.? Well what if I told you that this is a F.E.A.R. that can't die? Aron can potentially sweep an entire team with F.E.A.R.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Depth/Move Sets

The Ultimate F.E.A.R. Set
Aron- LEVEL 1 w/ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Jolly
EVs- Do not matter, as EVs do not effect Pokemon at level 1

Endeavor
Protect
Earthquake
Rock Smash

Set Comments

Ok let me explain how to use this godsend F.E.A.R. First off, Sandstorm has to be in play. Second, Aron needs to be brought in at FULL HEALTH. This is necessary in order for Aron to bring out it's full potential. After the opponent attacks your full heath Aron, Aron will be brought down to 1 HP thanks to Sturdy. Then use Endeavor to bring the opponent down to 1 HP. After Shell Bell, Aron will restore ALL of its health. At the end of the turn, the opponent will die to sandstorm. Lather, rinse, repeat. Watch your unprepared opponent's expression change from laughter to terror as Aron plows through their entire team.
Protect is used for Scouting, as Aron wants to remain status free.
Earthquake is listed to take down other Aron.
Rock Smash is used to hit any Flying Pokemon that won't die to Sandstorm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other Options

Toxic- Mike will add the information for this shortly.

Teammates

Sandstorm is required for this to work. Hippowdon is probably the best for this. Since Hippowdon is so slow, Sand will definately be up. Tyranitar is recommended for the team in order to have a backup Sand Stream user. Tyranitar can also threaten the Ghost Pokemon that make Endeavor useless.
A Rapid Spinner is also required, as Aron cannot function with entry hazards in. Starmie is the best Rapid Spinner for the job, as it can also be used to threaten Rock and Ground Pokemon. Donphan is also a good spinner and has access to Ice Shard, which can be used to pick off foes weakened by Aron. Doryuuzu is a great option as a spinner, and works perfectly in Sandstorm. A Pokemon that can threaten Rock, Ground, and Steel Pokemon makes Aron's life a lot easier. MixApe is great for this, as Close Combat, Fire Blast, Grass Knot, and HP Ice harms almost EVERY Pokemon that isn't taken out by Sand.

Counters

There are lots of things that stop Aron. Any Ghost makes Endeavor totally useless. Burn and Leech Seed means that Sturdy is completely useless. Entry Hazards also makes Sturdy null and void. Weather changing Pokemon can stop Aron's sweep, but make sure that all of the Sand Stream users are out of the way, as they will still be crippled by Endeavor and most likely be unable to change the weather again. Rocks, Steels, and Ground Pokemon can break Sturdy, but they will lose to Aron. This strategy should only be used as a last resort. A substitute user can also beat Aron, but the Substitute user will still be brought down to low health, so this should also be used if you have no other way of beating Aron. Abomasnow also counters Aron, as hail will also break sturdy. Nattorei can also break Aron with Steel Thorns, but it will become crippled. Fake out users also beat Aron, as the flinch makes Sturdy useless. Multi-hit attacks also take Aron down, as they break sturdy on the first turn and then finish the monster off. Dragon Tail, Revenge, and Counter also beats Aron, since they go after Aron attacks. Abilities than negate Sturdy, like Mold Breaker, Tera Voltage, and Turbo Blaze, also beat Aron.

Opinion

While it seems harmless, Aron has the potential to sweep an entire team. I used F.E.A.R. Aron in a Gen 5 server and after not loosing for a week, every team had a counter to it. Aron can be a huge threat to any team that is unprepared for its onslaught.

Refer to this video for proof of how effective Aron can be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJxvmtCwAZY

Credit goes to Serebii for information
Credit goes to TheFlamingSpade for the video. Check him out here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFlamingSpade

MikeDecIsHere
10-27-2011, 06:45 AM
This analysis is not meant for Little Cup. please place it in RU or NU

Polimario
12-01-2011, 02:53 AM
Perhaps Aqua Jetters would make good partners for Aron.
Rock and Ground types are weak, and many Steels carry a water-weak 2nd type.
Of course, only immunities matter when the opponent is at 1 HP. So, that makes my point invalid.
But, I'd kill to see the look on an opponents face if Aron knocks an unsuspecting Pokemon to 1 HP, then having something like Sentret safely come in and troll with Quick Attack. Even though Sentret dies to everything except Ghost moves.
By the way, I am not a troll.