PDA

View Full Version : Garchomp Analysis

Dimes
02-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Need Pictures, finish Opinion section and get a grammar check.

http://sprites.kraftpaper.org/i/445.gif

Garchomp

Type(s): Dragon / Ground

Abilities: Sand Veil
Rough Skin (Dream World)

Base Stats:
HP: 108
Attack: 130
Defense: 95
Special Attack: 80
Special Defense: 85
Speed: 102

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/445.shtml

Overview

Garchomp is a new threat from an old generation. Living in the dark depths of Ubers for most of the Fourth Generation, Garchomp reins again, aiding into the offensive shift from semi stall in extremely early BW (Where Nattorei/ Burungel cores were common). Boasting the amazing 102 speed stat, Garchomp can outpace threats such as Landorus and Salamence and strike hard doing it. If there was one single threat that could be described as dominating the game, it would be Garchomp

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/19/Spr_5b_445_m.png
Swords Dance

Garchomp:@ Leftovers/Yache Berry
Sand Veil
12 Hp, 244 Att, 252 Spe
Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw/ Outrage
-Substitute/Fire Blast/ Dragon Tail

Take 130 Attack, multiply by Swords Dance, Add in Earthquake STAB and add 102 Speed. What do you get? Garchomp! Garchomp is one of the most used, and most abused, Pokemon in the game. After a Swords Dance, Garchomp already can OHKO Swampert with an Earthquake (84.1% - 99.3%) after Stealth Rock and previous damage, while 2HKOing Evolution Stone Porygon2 with Earthquake (46.5% - 54.8%), when Porygon2 can only 2HKO back if Chomp has a Yache Berry.

Garchomp can take on most sweepers with ease too. OHKOing and outspeeding Randorosu with Dragon Claw (118.50% - 139.50%). Scizor dents at most with Bullet Punch, but Garchomp easily wins with Fire Blast. Roobushin takes 82.13% - 97.10% from an Earthquake after Swords Dance (106.76% - 126.09% with Life Orb).

The slashed options are all based upon preference and needs. Using Outrage over Dragon Claw leads to a huge increase in power, but leads to being trapped, leaving you to be revenge killed easily or set up fodder for Nattorei. However, if you are able to remove Steel types, Outrage should be used for late game sweeping.

The more commonly used Substitute is used to scout for a switch, to block status and to abuse Sand Veil. In cases where Substitute is used, Leftovers should probably be used instead, so Garchomp doesn't take recoil and Substitute damage. Unfortunately, it's useless for stopping phazers, and is halted completely by Skarmory. Fire Blast is one of the most useful options, but a Life Orb boosted Fire Blast can only 2HKO Skarmory, meaning that the Iron Bird can Whirlwind Garchomp and lose your boosts. Unlike Ononokusu, Garchomp can't stop that with Taunt, so Dragon Tail can be used to send Skarmory out before Skarmory can throw you out. However, Life Orb will take its toll once Dragon Tail hits, so you can't phaze Skarmory forever. Because of this, you may want to use Yache Berry or even in some cases, Muscle Band.

<Additional Comments>

Life Orb gives Garchomp that extra "oomph", and is factored in all calculations in this analysis. Yache Berry prevents Life Orb recoil, can fake a Choice Item, and protect Garchomp from a revenge kill, usually from a random Ice Beam.

The 12 Hit Point Effort Points are to allow Garchomp to switch into Stealth Rock or take Life Orb recoil one more time than usual.

Choice Scarf

Garchomp:@ Choice Scarf
Sand Veil
12 Hp, 244 Att, 252 Spe
Jolly
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Garchomp is and has always been remembered as one of the greatest revenge killers of all time. Garchomp's true selling point as a revenge killer is the 102 base speed that it has, with or without Choice Scarf. However, with a Choice Scarf, Garchomp can outspeed and KO threats such as Salamence after one Dragon Dance and Choice Specs Latios. In fact, never has there been a time where outspeeding boosted 100 base Speed Pokemon been such a priority. However, Garchomp doesn't just complete this task. With strong STAB attacks in Earthquake and Outrage, there's also very few Pokemon that can take a hit from good old Chompy.

<Additional Comments>

Thanks to Choice Scarf, Garchomp may revenge kill almost any offensive threat that is common in Wifi, such as Dragon Dance Salamence, though you must be weary of Draco Meteor. Again, the 12 Hit Point Effort Values are to allow Garchomp to switch into Stealth Rock one more time than usual.

Choice Band

Garchomp:@ Choice Band
Sand Veil
12 Hp, 244 Att, 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Dragon Claw/ Dragon Tail

One of the less common sets, Choice Band Garchomp is one of the best hit and run Pokemon available. With 538 Attack and 333 Speed, Garchomp is a threat the moment it comes in. Having unresisted coverage, Garchomp is also difficult to switch in to, especially when most walls will fall instantly. Swampert and Vaporeon both can not enter the field on an Earthquake, being 2HKO'd by both. Nattorei automatically loses to Fire Fang, along with other Steel Types, such as Scizor. The use of Dragon Claw and Outrage may seem unorthodox, but Outrage, while having power, locks the user in the attack, so Dragon Claw would be the main attack. However, if you have Stealth Rock and hazards up, you could run Dragon Tail to still deal a fair amount of damage, cause switches and force hazard damage.

<Additional Comments>

This form of Garchomp is different from other sets, as this Garchomp mostly provides support in the form of damage for another Pokemon. Sweepers like Terakion, Ulgamoth, Ononokus and Salamence all benefit from Garchomp's raw offensive power late game.

Bulky Garchomp

Garchomp w/ Leftovers/Yache Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP; 188 Def; 88 spAtk
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Tail
-Stealth Rock/ Dragon Claw

I've also included some Damage Calcs with some of the more common Pokemon that Garchomp might need to hit (T-Tar is included due to it being so common, and can KO after some Dragon Tail Phazing/Residual Damage buildup)
Damage Calculations:
Fire Blast vs 252 HP/240 spDef Scizor ~ 84.9-101.2% (solid chance to OHKO after Rocks)
Fire Blast vs 252 HP/188 spDef Ferrothorn ~ 68.2-80.7%
Earthquake vs 252 HP/0 Def Tyranitar ~ 59.4-70.3%
Fire Blast vs 4 HP/0 spDef Excadrill ~ 56.9-67.4%

252 Atk Jolly Doryuuzu Earthquake vs 252 HP/188 Def Garchomp ~ 31.7-34.4%
16 Atk Scizor Bug Bite vs 252 HP/188 Def Garchomp ~ 17.4~ 20.5%

I can run some more calcs if you want, but this is the most effective spread that I've found. I was also debating a Lax Nature, since Garchomp won't really be staying in on that many Special Attackers, but as of right now, I chose a Relaxed Nature to maintain some bulk.

Thanks to mikedecishere.

Other Options

Dragon Tail is one of Garchomp's more interesting options, as Garchomp alone causes many switches, meaning that the opponent has to switch in a counter or check, take damage from hazards, then even more damage from Dragon Tail, then the switch in takes hazard damage, so it makes Garchomp an interesting choice on Semistall. Dual Chop is the exact same as Dragon Claw, power wise, and can break subs. However, it only has an 80% chance of hitting, making it a little off putting. Aqua Tail is an interesting move, because in Rain, it acts like a pseudo-STAB, hitting what Garchomp's other moves can't hard.

Item wise, Haban Berry can be used to live through a Dragon Pulse from Latios and Latias. However, Latias is quite rare and Latios usually uses Draco Meteor with Choice Specs, which can OHKO Garchomp.

Other than that, there are not many other notable choices for Garchomp. Keen observers note that Garchomp has better defenses than Swampert, but Garchomp is weak to two common types, making it's use somewhat unideal. If you do wish to use a Defensive Garchomp, Dragon Tail/Rest/ Sleep Talk/ Stealth Rock is a recommended set.

Teammates

Tyranitar provides Stealth Rock and Sand Storm to help stack up damage for Garchomp, and in Sand Storm's case, to boost Garchomp's Sand Veil ability. Offensively, Starmie can sweep through most of Garchomp's checks, and can cause some damage for Garchomp to gain some more Knock Outs. Magnezone traps Skarmory, who walls Swords Dance sets without Fire Blast, Scizors that leave giant dents with Bullet Punch. Choice Scarf sets like to play in endgame, where everything is weakened. Due to this, Scizor, Infernape, or Doryuzuu would be good choices, as they can wreck the field early game.

Defensive wise, Ferrothorn provides the hazards that Garchomp requires, along with the added benefit of Paralysis, while having near perfect defensive synergy with Garchomp. Forretress is in the same boat, but instead has Volt Change to scout for set up fodder.

Counters

Garchomp is one of the hardest things to counter in the game, and lacks any true counter, with the possible exception of Quagsire and some forms of Cresselia. However, Garchomp has many checks, such as Starmie, Mamoswine, Gengar, Cloyster, and Latios. Garchomp usually will not be living an Ice Beam, so most Choice Scarfed Ice Beams will beat it. Skarmory can't really take a Fire Blast and laugh it off, however, Substitute Garchomp are easy set up fodder for the Iron Bird.

Opinion

Garchomp's amazing versatility will always have players on their toes. Being more bulky than Swampert, Garchomp can really take a hit, which is very useful in a game that focuses on offensive pressure. As a revenge killer, Garchomp's odd 102 Speed allows it to outspeed Scarf Randorusu and 100s, notably Dragon Dance Salamence.

For sweeping, Garchomp is still unmatched. Even though it fights with Terakion for a spot on your team, Garchomp does not have a weakness to the most common priority move, Mach Punch. Conkeldurr easily walls Terakion, while Garchomp sets up on it. Garchomp is also one of the only Dragon Type Pokemon to recieve Swords Dance (the other being Ononokus). But with STAB Earthquake and Outrage, it's a wonder why you would even think of not using Garchomp.

DC
02-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Needs more eternal chomp

also this:
Sand Veil
12 Hp, 252 Att, 252 Spe

516 Evs

JB
02-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Garchomp's always been a beast. Nice work, dimes! ;)

Dimes
02-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Needs more eternal chomp

also this:
Sand Veil
12 Hp, 252 Att, 252 Spe

516 Evs

yeah thanks for pointing that out

PowertothePika
02-13-2011, 08:01 PM
yo ***** i read the first set and automatically knew youre an idiot by the way you say landlos is outsped by chomp ***** learn speed tiers why you writing this. btw it doesnt matter if it 2hkos porygon2 with whatever if p2 can ko with ice beam use common sense ********.

Dimes
02-13-2011, 08:16 PM
yo ***** i read the first set and automatically knew youre an idiot by the way you say landlos is outsped by chomp ***** learn speed tiers why you writing this. btw it doesnt matter if it 2hkos porygon2 with whatever if p2 can ko with ice beam use common sense ********.

Randorosu's speed is 101 *******

Check your facts before saying ****, and Yache Chomp beats Porygon2, though I should mention that.

Eevee.
02-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Why do you even mention genosect at all at this point.

Wait until it's released and then add mentions of it. =/

MikeDecIsHere
02-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Guys make sure that these posts pertain to the analysis

anyway, as we discussed, Bulky chomp is viable in this gen. I can post a set later if you want.

Also, Eternal Chomp is also very popular right now (insert Ciele comment here). It should probably be mentioned as well.

Dimes
02-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Why should I make a another set for one move? >_>

I put it in the Fire Fang/ Dragon Tail paragraph.

steel dragons
02-14-2011, 04:31 AM
I've seen some buoky-Chomp sets used before. Maybe you or me should look into a possible EV spread and such for that.

Also, I've seen Garchomp used as an SR lead before. How viable is that? At the very least, SR should be in other options.

MikeDecIsHere
02-14-2011, 06:15 AM
Why should I make a another set for one move? >_>

One move changes the Pokemon's entire purpose, also, EV spreads are much different.

I've seen some buoky-Chomp sets used before. Maybe you or me should look into a possible EV spread and such for that.

Also, I've seen Garchomp used as an SR lead before. How viable is that? At the very least, SR should be in other options.

I have an EV spread all set out, I'm just running a bunch of damage calcs first, since I might throw a slight amount of EVs into attack.

SR leads would essentially be a bulky chomp, but I'm not too sure. I'll do some research.

Dimes
02-14-2011, 06:10 PM
From what I've gathered, SR Leads are bulky chomps, but to find the real spread, i need to do some digging.

MikeDecIsHere
02-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Ok so after a lot of research and damage calcs, this is the spread that I have along with the set.

Garchomp w/ Leftovers/Yache Berry
Ability: Sand Veil (when it's released, Rough Skin)
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP; 188 Def; 88 spAtk
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Tail
-Stealth Rock/Dragon Claw

I've also included some Damage Calcs with some of the more common Pokemon that Garchomp might need to hit (T-Tar is included due to it being so common, and can KO after some Dragon Tail Phazing/Residual Damage buildup)
Damage Calculations:
Fire Blast vs 252 HP/240 spDef Scizor ~ 84.9-101.2% (solid chance to OHKO after Rocks)
Fire Blast vs 252 HP/188 spDef Ferrothorn ~ 68.2-80.7%
Earthquake vs 252 HP/0 Def Tyranitar ~ 59.4-70.3%
Fire Blast vs 4 HP/0 spDef Excadrill ~ 56.9-67.4%

252 Atk Jolly Doryuuzu Earthquake vs 252 HP/188 Def Garchomp ~ 31.7-34.4%
16 Atk Scizor Bug Bite vs 252 HP/188 Def Garchomp ~ 17.4~ 20.5%

I can run some more calcs if you want, but this is the most effective spread that I've found. I was also debating a Lax Nature, since Garchomp won't really be staying in on that many Special Attackers, but as of right now, I chose a Relaxed Nature to maintain some bulk.

Edit: Woohoo 400th post!

Dimes
02-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Congrats on 400th

Anyways, I'll add it then

EDIT: 3787th post!!!! YEAH

Oh and just to note, Stealth Rock and Rough Skin are illegal.

steel dragons
02-15-2011, 01:33 PM
I was looking at serebii for things, and I saw the analysis for Garchomp. I'll include a set on there that isn't on here:

ResTalkSDChomp

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Swords Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw / Dragon Tail
Item Attached: Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 236 HP / 112 SDef / 160 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

Something I designed in 4th gen that I'm sure still works now. I say designed, I probably wasn't the first person to come up with it, but I was the first person I knew who thought of it. Anyway, it makes the perfect last Pokémon. Rest and Sleep Talk keep you healthy and fighting, with Swords Dance there to help you deal more damage. Outrage is your most powerful move and works with Sleep Talk, and doesn't get locked. However, Dragon Claw is an option if you want something that you can use outside of sleep without fear of being locked in and confused. Dragon Tail works if you want to abuse entry hazards. Honestly, I've won a lot of games because of this Pokémon. Although Sand Veil is really nice, Rough Skin would have been perfect. Sadly, due to it being a Dream World ability, it is illegal with Sleep Talk.

ResTalkSDChomp (EVs)
Max Leftovers and huge bulk, enough Special Defence to take an Ice Beam from pretty much any bulky Water. In fact, it survives a 299 Special Attack Ice Beam, so anything below that is easy. The Speed allows you to outrun base 90s, although you could drop that and add something into Attack or Defence. To be honest, running Adamant and 16 Speed is enough, and then you could seriously bulk Garchomp out. (from Serebii)

I know that Serebii isn't the greatest place to find competitive stuff, but this set has some potental. I'm sure that a revised set could be made from this.

lapras6666
02-15-2011, 04:48 PM
One little thing: Double Chop should be mentioned. It is basically Dragon Claw that can break sashes and subs and that has the accuracy of Rock Slide.

MikeDecIsHere
02-15-2011, 05:19 PM
One little thing: Double Chop should be mentioned. It is basically Dragon Claw that can break sashes and subs and that has the accuracy of Rock Slide.

Double Chop is mentioned in the other options section

lapras6666
02-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Also, Dual Chop is 90% accuracy now.

Dimes
05-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Can someone from QC check this over?

MikeDecIsHere
05-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Brightpowder is illegal now, so all mentions of it can be removed.

I'm debating on whether or not Choice Band should be its own separate set.

Also remove mentions of rough skin in the bulky set since it hasn't been released yet.

Those are the only main things I see now. I will look over it again when after I write my paper.

Edit: oh 1000th post. I might need to make a thread

Dimes
05-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Brightpowder is illegal now, so all mentions of it can be removed.

I'm debating on whether or not Choice Band should be its own separate set.

Also remove mentions of rough skin in the bulky set since it hasn't been released yet.

Those are the only main things I see now. I will look over it again when after I write my paper.

Edit: oh 1000th post. I might need to make a thread

Brightpowder is mentioned for servers outside of Smogon.

Rough Skin will probably be removed

MikeDecIsHere
05-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Brightpowder is mentioned for servers outside of Smogon.

Rough Skin will probably be removed

I'm fairly sure that the PO server banned Brightpowder as well.

But even if, our tiers are based off of Smogons, so we should be following Smogon's ban list when creating these analyses. If we are to change tierings, then Brightpowder can be added.

Dimes
05-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Removed Brightpowder.

steel dragons
05-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Ok, my thoughts:

First, you should add in the English names to the Pokemon (like Ferrothorn instead of Nattorei, etc.) for obvious reasons. Also, remove mentions of Genesect or Keldeo, as they have not been officially released yet. If you do mention them, specifically say that they are only available in Dream World play.

Also, I think that you should add in a little bit more content, especially to the Counters and Teammates section. I just feel that more explanations and stuff needs to be put in there.

Other than that, I don't see too much else wrong here. Once these things are changed, I'll give my QC vote to this.

Dimes
05-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Ok, my thoughts:

First, you should add in the English names to the Pokemon (like Ferrothorn instead of Nattorei, etc.) for obvious reasons. Also, remove mentions of Genesect or Keldeo, as they have not been officially released yet. If you do mention them, specifically say that they are only available in Dream World play.

Also, I think that you should add in a little bit more content, especially to the Counters and Teammates section. I just feel that more explanations and stuff needs to be put in there.

Other than that, I don't see too much else wrong here. Once these things are changed, I'll give my QC vote to this.

Japanese names will be fixed during GP.

Counters is a section that can't really be expanded without useless filler. Garchomp has two counters, Quagsire and Cresselia, and Skarmory walls sets without Fire Blast. Note that all three are mentioned. The Teammates section is for noting the most useful partners; I won't delve into every possible one.

steel dragons
05-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Ok then. The sets look fine, and in general the content looks fine as well. Obviously, there are some grammar and format issues, but this gets my QC vote.

http://i54.tinypic.com/wbax50.png

Ciele
05-19-2011, 02:14 PM
I really feel that this analysis should have a dedictaed set for SubSD. Something like:

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand (EVIL) Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 filler)
Jolly nature (+Spd, - SpAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Earthquake

This is the set that is driving people crazy right now, as even without Brightpowder, this set abuses Sand EVIL like mad (as you can probably tell from me calling it EVIL so much!). Very little can actually counter it, and is probably THE most common version of Chomp you'll see right now. Well, maybe not with Outrage...

Aqua Tail should probably be slashed on the Choice Band set insead of Dragon Tail as well.

Dimes
05-19-2011, 08:13 PM
I really feel that this analysis should have a dedictaed set for SubSD. Something like:

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand (EVIL) Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 filler)
Jolly nature (+Spd, - SpAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Earthquake

This is the set that is driving people crazy right now, as even without Brightpowder, this set abuses Sand EVIL like mad (as you can probably tell from me calling it EVIL so much!). Very little can actually counter it, and is probably THE most common version of Chomp you'll see right now. Well, maybe not with Outrage...

Aqua Tail should probably be slashed on the Choice Band set insead of Dragon Tail as well.

This set and the Swords Dance set are basically identical. If I had two Swords Dance sets, then most of the summaries would be incredibly redundant, save for one mention. It's just way cleaner and more efficient if there were slashed options.

I'm going to mention Aqua Tail in other options instead, as it's only worth the moveslot in Rain, and works for the other sets too.

MikeDecIsHere
05-20-2011, 02:01 AM
Why is Dragon Tail in the Choice Band set? Doesn't really make all too much sense to me.

Aqua Tail hits Gliscor for Super Effective Damage, so it should be slashed in

Dimes
05-20-2011, 02:36 AM
Why is Dragon Tail in the Choice Band set? Doesn't really make all too much sense to me.

Aqua Tail hits Gliscor for Super Effective Damage, so it should be slashed in

Dragon Tail is mostly for forcing a switch and still doing a little bit of damage. It's pretty great for scouting switches too.

Also, Aqua Tail does just as much as an Outrage would do to Gliscor. >_>

MikeDecIsHere
05-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Looks good. This gets my QC vote. There's some grammatical and format stuff, but other than that, the sets look pretty solid. Sub/ SD really should have its own set IMO, mainly because it functions differently than the SD + 3 attacks set, where sub + SD banks on trying to get Sand Veil hax resulting in a free Swords Dance.

http://i54.tinypic.com/wbax50.png

SilentDreams
05-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Reserving the grammar edit if it hasn't already been reserved.

Dimes
05-20-2011, 09:39 PM
MIkeDecIsHere: its the same as why sometimes scarfed and specs sets are seperate, even though its just an item change

Thing is, Choice Specs/Band and Choice Scarfers play a lot differently and usually the sets are different. When they aren't, then they should be merged. In this case, the change is minimal, and therefore most of the summary will be extremely redundant.

Plus it's defeating the purpose of slashes.

Ciele
05-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Hardly anyone uses Life Orb on Garchomp though, and the SubSD set is one of the defining sets in this metagame.

Dimes
05-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Hardly anyone uses Life Orb on Garchomp though, and the SubSD set is one of the defining sets in this metagame.

Which is why I set Substitute first, which in turn means that it's more common.

Ciele
05-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Nobody uses Sub LO though :rolleyes:

Dimes
05-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Ok so I forgot to update the items.

But it says Leftovers is way better with Substitute int he summary, if you read it.

Kuja20
05-30-2011, 12:22 AM
I would agree with Mike and Ciele. SubSD Should have it's own set. Or take Life Orb out of the main options and include it in the comments. Other than that, fine.

QC 3/3.

MikeDecIsHere
05-30-2011, 03:46 AM
Reserving Grammar edits for this. I'll do it after the changes have been made

SilentDreams
05-30-2011, 10:02 PM
Reserving Grammar edits for this. I'll do it after the changes have been made

I already reserved it...

MikeDecIsHere
05-31-2011, 12:03 AM
I already reserved it...

The day I do a grammar edit will be the end of the world

Dimes
05-31-2011, 08:54 PM
I already reserved it...

Then do it damn it.

MikeDecIsHere
06-01-2011, 01:04 AM
Then do it damn it.

You need to do Kuja's and my QC edits before this can be Grammar Edited Dimes -____-

Both of us have agreed that Sub SD needs to be its own set, as well as probably every other QCer

Dimes
06-01-2011, 01:43 AM
You need to do Kuja's and my QC edits before this can be Grammar Edited Dimes -____-

Both of us have agreed that Sub SD needs to be its own set, as well as probably every other QCer

I thought I did.....

SilentDreams
06-02-2011, 03:12 AM
The day I do a grammar edit will be the end of the world

Why not reserve the GEs when you post your QC approval?

Unless Mike is actually planning on stealing this one from sad, bored little old me, I'll do the GE when the changes are made.