PDA

View Full Version : Gengar Analysis (Updated)

lapras6666
02-25-2011, 07:03 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/21/Spr_5b_094.png

Gengar

Typing: Ghost/Poison

Ability:
Levitate- You have an immunity to ground type moves.

Stats:
60 HP
65 Attack
60 Defence
130 Special Attack
75 Special Defence
110 Speed

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gengar

Overview

Gengar and Starmie. The two pokemon that have survived the nick of time and have been on the OU tier for the five generations and for a good reason. Gengar didn't really gain anything gigantic this gen. The good news is that Disable is now 100% accurate, which is incredibly effective combined with the move Substitute, that lets you scout what move the opponent is going to make. Abilitywise, Gengar still has his trustworthy Levitate ability. As you can see from his stats, Gengar is a frail sweeper with amazing 130 Special Attack and some amazing 110 Speed (being one of the fastest non-scarfed pokemon on the tier). Sadly, its fraility stops him from taking a lot of hits. It basically will get 2HKOed or OHKOed by any attack that Gengar doesn't resist. Keep in mind that Gengar has a whooping 3 immunities (keep in mind that two of these are ground and fighting, which are two of the most common STABs on the OU metagame) that you can switch into.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Depth/Move Sets

SubDisable
Gengar w/ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spe -Atk)
EV's: 252 SpAtk 252 Spe 4 HP

Substitute
Disable
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Set Comments

Since Disable has gotten perfect accuracy this generation, an idea of a set utilizing the moves Substitute and Disable came to a lot of player's minds, making it now the most popular Gengar set. Basically, you first use Substitute to scout on what move the opponent is going to use/what pokemon the opponent will switch out to. Then you use Disable to stop the opponent from using that move (if the opponent swithed out, then use an attacking move and then use disable). Normally, thanks to Gengar's incredible defensive typing, the opponent will only have one or two moves to attack Gengar neutrally, so if you diable that certain move, your opponent can't do anyhting and is forced to switch out/you can switch safely to another Pokemon that can take the other move. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast get perfect coverage and are the best attacking moves that Gengar has to offer. Shadow Ball is your main STAB move and hits opposing Gengar, Latios, Jellicent, Reuniclus and Starmie super effecitvely, plus hitting a lot of pokemon for a lot of damage, thanks to Gengar's incredible 130 Special Attack. Focus Blast hits the very important Ferrothorn and Tyranitar, as well as Heatran and Lucario. As for the item, you want to use Leftovers, since you are already losing HP from Substitute, so that you can recover as much as possible.

Additional Comments

The EV's are simple: You want max Special Attack and Speed so you can outspeed threats and to do as much damage as possible. You use a Timid nature to outspeed therats like Infernape or Terrakion and at least speed tie with Latios, Latias, and opposing Gengar.

Pain Split
Gengar w/ Life Orb
Timid Nature (+Spe -Atk)
EV's: 252 SpAtk 252 Spe 4 HP

Substitute
Pain Split
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Set Comments

This set is supposed to bring Pokemon down using the move Pain Split. Pain Split basically shares the HP that you and your opponent have. Since you are going to take damage from Substitute and Life Orb anyway, chances are that you are going to recover some HP while the opponent loses HP. This strategy works incredibly well, and is especially useful on special walls and HP mammoths like Blissey. Life Orb and Substitute should be used since, the whole objective of this set is to lose HP with these to then recover it back with Pain Split. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast get amazing neutral coverage and hit a lot of threats for super-effective damage.

Additional Comments

The EV's and nature are self-explanitory and the same as the previous set.

All-out Attacker
Gengar w/ Life Orb/Choice Scarf
Timid Nature (+Spe -Atk)
252 SpAtk 252 Spe 4 HP

Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice

Set Comments

Unlike the previous sets, this set has no gimmick. It is just all-out attacking. Item wise, you want to use Life Orb so that you can do more damage (30% more). You can also use Choice Scarf so that Gengar can outspeed nearly the whole metagame (mainly Latios, Choice Scarf Terrakion, Starmie and Volcarona, Dragonite with a Dragon Dance boost) plus acting as a great revenge killer. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast get amazing neutral coverage and hit super-effectively the Pokemon that I mentioned on the first set. For the third slot, you can use Thunderbolt, which hits many water types super-effectively. Finally, Hidden Power Ice is reccommended for the last slot, giving Gengar an alternative for Dragons like Dragonite, Gliscor and Landorus, especially since Gengar loves to come in on choiced Earthquakes.

Additional Comments

The EV's and Nature are the same deal as the previous sets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other Options

Sludge Bomb: Mainly for Breloom and Virizion. If you want another STAB option, go for this.
Thunder: Power over Accuracy, use it on a rain team.
Hypnosis: This is a good status aliment, but it isn't particularly accurate and the sleep clause can hinder how many are asleep.
Expert Belt: This is an alternative to Life Orb without recoil but remember,Gengar has to hit super-effectively an opponent, and the damage will do 10% less that this.
Choice Specs: If you want to do more damage but you don't have the liberty of changing moves.
Protect: This is similar to Disable with priority but you can only use it one turn (or two), then in the next turn you can't use it.
Psychic: To hit Conkeldurr and Mienshao harder.
Hidden Power Fire: Mainly for Scizor and Forretress.
Destiny Bond: Adds a surprise factor to Gengar, as it can kill potential threats with this move with one hit.
Will-O-Wisp: Another surprising move that will catch many players off-guard. They'll think that they can send there physical sweepers safely, to then getting severely crippled with this move

Counters

Blissey, Jirachi and Tentacruel can take Gengar's hits all day with their amazing special bulk. Take note that on the Pain Split set, you can take down Blissey with the combination of Pain Split and Substitute. Anything that is faster than Gengar can be considered a counter if this pokemon switches in safely, since Gengar's bulk is abysmal. A some prime examples include Scizor, that can OHKO Gengar with Bullet Punch, Scarfed Rotom-W, that can also get switch advantage using the move Volt-turn, Dragonite after a boost, or Starmie. There are many others too.

Teammates

Gengar works extremely well on offensive teams, as its great speed, its coverage and its immunities can prove a valuable asset to many of these kind of teams. You also can take in note that Gengar also can block the move Rapid Spin, and can remove Toxic Spikes from your team. Because of this, Deoxys-D or Ferrothorn can be very good teammates, since both can set up hazards with ease, and they haven't got Rapid Spin to worry about. Plus, Gengar adores hazards to turns those 2hko's into KO's. The removal of Toxic Spikes is also a great asset to semi stall teams and offensive teams alike, since both hate toxic spikes. I don't reccommend using Gengar on full stall though, there are far bulkier spinblockers out there.

Opinion

Gengar is a truly unique Pokemon, with loads of movepool options. Due to it's unpredictability, its great speed on the OU environment, and its incredible Special Attack, Gengar shouldn't be treated lightly, or otherwise he might destroy your team.

Credit to Bulbapedia for info.
Credit to Smogon for some ideas.
Credit to Eos, Eevee, MikeDecIsHere, Dimes, Steel Dragons and Ciele for edits.

-Lapras6666

MikeDecIsHere
02-25-2011, 07:19 PM
uhm......i can tell you right now this won't be complete without a Sub/Disable set

lapras6666
02-25-2011, 07:44 PM
-Lead Set added.
-Sub-Disable Set added.

Eos
02-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Hi,
good sets overall, but i like to use a variation of Smogon's "MYSTICgar" set.
@Life Orb/Leftovers
252 sp. att 252 speed 4 hp
Nature: Timid
-Protect
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fire
-Focus Blast

The main reason for this set is to counter for the counter's if you will. These counters (Scizor and Ttar among the highest. Usually choiced in some aspect) come in once you switch in your spooky ghost and try to pursuit you usually. This set is different though. You have the ability to use a proper move on a poke you switched in on, but once a counter comes in you can protect to scout their move. If they had chosen pursuit then you can go for the appropriate move to KO the counter and be done with it quite easily, you are also available to see an attacking move (i.e. Crunch), and then switch out to another poke.
Summary: This set is very effective when you can set up a protect b4 your "counter" comes in to try and take you out. This allows you to take out the counters against gengar you usually wouldn't be able to do, as well as scout your opponents next move.

lapras6666
02-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Not completely sold on it. Can you show me some evidence of this being effective?

Eos
02-25-2011, 10:21 PM
well then :p
Protect allows Gengar to defeat most versions of the two Pokemon who give it the most difficulty in the Platinum metagame: Pursuit Tyranitar and Bullet Punch + Pursuit Scizor. After Gengar has switched in and Tyranitar or Scizor have then switched in as well, Gengar will first use Protect to see if Tyranitar or Scizor uses Pursuit. If either Pokemon uses Pursuit, Gengar will use the proper move to OHKO it. If neither Pokemon uses Pursuit, Gengar can safely switch out. Note that even with Protect, Gengar needs to remain wary of non-Choiced Scizor with Bullet Punch and Pursuit and Choice Scarf Tyranitar with Pursuit. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast give Gengar perfect coverage, while Hidden Power Fire lets it OHKO Scizor that decide to Pursuit.

Magnezone is a great partner for this set due to its ability to trap Choice Band Scizor attempting to Bullet Punch Gengar as well as Choice Scarf Jirachi aiming to Iron Head it. Additionally, since this version of Gengar is such a good lure for its usual counters, having a Pokemon who benefits from having Pokemon like Scizor eliminated makes for a great partner. If Gengar lures out and eliminates Scizor, Pokemon like Dragonite can sweep easier, as one of its main counters has been eliminated. Other offensive Pokemon such as Tyranitar can significantly benefit from Scizor's death as well.
This was taken directly from smogon's gengar page. If you need any other proof, why not just just out the link itself -_- http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/gengar
Basically just wasted 5 minutes of my time by typing that shizz up :p
lol oh well, doesn't matter.
I hope you put this on the analysis, because it really can be effective set. Thanks.

lapras6666
02-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Lol there are 5 people viewing this thread.
On topic: You have basically convinced me. Added.
-Sets are finished.

PSN_Eevee
02-25-2011, 11:49 PM
SubDisable should be the first set listed, with Disable's new accuracy boost. It is also the single most common Gengar set. Also, please call it SubDisable.

Altogether remove the first set listed, I've literally never seen it used, and if you decide to keep it, Substitute / HP Fire / Shadow Ball / Focus Blast is what it should run.

Subsplit should run Life Orb, as the entire point behind it is to beat something like Blissey by alternating between Focus Blast and Pain Split to the point where your LO recoil has put you at low enough HP to Pain Split it and then Focus Blast for the KO. Lefties doesn't deserve a slash, at best a mention in the additional comments.

Don't slash Choice and Life Orb sets. Heck, don't mention Choice sets, seeing as Tyranitar is the most common Poke in the game right now meaning that you literally have to spam Focus Blast or you die to pursuit. Also because Latios pulls it off better.

Remove the "Leading Wind" set; Team Preview basically kills it. Or mention it in a Dreamworld only section at the very end of the analysis.

MYSTICgar should just be called MYSTICgar, or just slash Protect and Sub and merge it with the first set that you have listed now.

Remove Toxic, Energy Ball, probably Psychic, Will o Wisp, Dream Eater, Evil Eye, and Dark Pulse from the other options section. With Aldaron's proposal accepted, also consider removing Thunder. Add in Hypnosis, Mean Look, and even though it's a pretty inferior option with its new mechanics, Explosion. Mention Expert Belt as a viable item.

Add in team options and counters sections.

MikeDecIsHere
02-26-2011, 06:14 AM
SubDisable should be the first set listed, with Disable's new accuracy boost. It is also the single most common Gengar set. Also, please call it SubDisable.

Altogether remove the first set listed, I've literally never seen it used, and if you decide to keep it, Substitute / HP Fire / Shadow Ball / Focus Blast is what it should run.

Subsplit should run Life Orb, as the entire point behind it is to beat something like Blissey by alternating between Focus Blast and Pain Split to the point where your LO recoil has put you at low enough HP to Pain Split it and then Focus Blast for the KO. Lefties doesn't deserve a slash, at best a mention in the additional comments.

Don't slash Choice and Life Orb sets. Heck, don't mention Choice sets, seeing as Tyranitar is the most common Poke in the game right now meaning that you literally have to spam Focus Blast or you die to pursuit. Also because Latios pulls it off better.

Remove the "Leading Wind" set; Team Preview basically kills it. Or mention it in a Dreamworld only section at the very end of the analysis.

MYSTICgar should just be called MYSTICgar, or just slash Protect and Sub and merge it with the first set that you have listed now.

Remove Toxic, Energy Ball, probably Psychic, Will o Wisp, Dream Eater, Evil Eye, and Dark Pulse from the other options section. With Aldaron's proposal accepted, also consider removing Thunder. Add in Hypnosis, Mean Look, and even though it's a pretty inferior option with its new mechanics, Explosion. Mention Expert Belt as a viable item.

First off, for some reason I always click "edit" instead of "quote" so I just wanted to say that I didn't touch this post.

Second, Eevee basically listed everything that I was going to say. I know that it's fun to give cool names to sets, but in some cases, like MYSTICgar, there are already names assigned to them, so they should be left the same. This is basically to make it easier for people to find the set that they're looking for, rather than having to decipher the meaning behind the name.

Also, NEVER list Dream Eater as an option. It's great in-game, but it has no use competitively, since most people just switch and you just basically waste a move slot.

lapras6666
02-26-2011, 08:06 AM

Thank you for all the suggestions. Five things:
-SubDisable isn't the most popular set (pain split is).
-I put teammates an counters at the end of each set.
-Explosion? REALLY?
-Keeping Thunder and Energy Ball. Swampert is at #18 right now.
-Keeping the lead set. Even if they switch out, they are just going to get destiny bonded.

PSN_Eevee
02-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Thank you for all the suggestions. Five things:
-SubDisable isn't the most popular set (pain split is).
-I put teammates an counters at the end of each set.
-Explosion? REALLY?
-Keeping Thunder and Energy Ball. Swampert is at #18 right now.
-Keeping the lead set. Even if they switch out, they are just going to get destiny bonded.

-SubDisable has been the most popular on Smogon, which is the better server for laddering, as they've been focusing their efforts most heavily on tiering the standard Wifi tier, ever since Panamaxis first popularized it.

-A teammates and counters section should be at the end of the analysis, as while counters may differ for each set, you want a little section just to sum it all up.

-Yeah, nevermind that then.

- Energy Ball isn't worth it. Swampert isn't enough reason to use it, and Swampert sucks in this metagame now anyhow (it can take one Earthquake from like, Landlos, or an Outrage from a Dragon and then die, that's about it). And Swampert being #18 doesn't say anything other than the fact that a large amount of the players who play on the PO main server are bad. If you want proof, compare the fact that Swampert, who's sort of useless in the current meta, is #18, while Terakion and Landlos, both even Uber nominees at various points on smogon, are #56 and #42.

Thunder is barely deserving of a mention due to Aldaron's proposal being accepted which means that rain isn't all over the place anymore.

- Anti Leads suck horribly in Gen 5 since there is no set common lead metagame due to team preview. This means that if you try and lead with that gengar, the opponent will always have a perfect counter against it turn one. And if you swapped it out for something else, all of its (already very slight) utility will be ruined. It was okay in gen 4, not worth it in gen 5. And it's complete tyranitar bait. Which is bad. Very bad.

lapras6666
02-26-2011, 08:53 AM
Ok, ok, ok, got rid of Energy Ball and the lead set.
I will still be putting counters and teammates on every set though so that it's easier for someone to see the specific counters and teammates of each set (like how I did it on the Lapras analysis)

MikeDecIsHere
02-27-2011, 04:10 AM
Please change the names of the sets.

Sub/Disable should be called Sub/Disable

MYSTICgar should be MYSTICgar

lapras6666
02-27-2011, 07:42 AM
I just like putting custom names into my sets, Mike. What about, you are disabled? Mysticgar edited.

EDIT: Now that I think about it I'm only going to put one couter and teammate section (Lapras was a very vesatile pokemon and Gengar isn't)

Ciele
02-27-2011, 01:36 PM
The set should be named SubDisable, since that's what everyone calls it already.

Also, please either remove, change or just do something with the sentence "This thing can counter all of the top ten used pokemon (except maybe Doryuzzu) if you are using the right moves!!". Really? Gengar counters Tyranitar and Scizor now? It also doesn't counter Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Excadrill, Heatran, Gyarados or Latios either. It's even a shaky check to some of them.

I would also advise you to switch to using the English names for B/W Pokemon, since they are all confirmed and they are even released next week :rolleyes:

Most of the other problems have already been addressed by Eevee and Mike, although you still have Thunder which is pretty pointless in the current metagame.

lapras6666
02-27-2011, 02:13 PM
The set should be named SubDisable, since that's what everyone calls it already.

Also, please either remove, change or just do something with the sentence "This thing can counter all of the top ten used pokemon (except maybe Doryuzzu) if you are using the right moves!!". Really? Gengar counters Tyranitar and Scizor now? It also doesn't counter Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Excadrill, Heatran, Gyarados or Latios either. It's even a shaky check to some of them.

I would also advise you to switch to using the English names for B/W Pokemon, since they are all confirmed and they are even released next week :rolleyes:

Most of the other problems have already been addressed by Eevee and Mike, although you still have Thunder which is pretty pointless in the current metagame.

T-tar: 1HKO with Focus Blast (ok ,yeah with scarf...)
Ferrothorn: HP Fire
Scizor: HP Fire (50% of 1HKO with bullet punch...)
Garchomp: Hp Ice (ok, yeah with scarf and with Yache...)
Heatran: Focus Blast (again, if it has scarf...)
Gyara: Thunderbolt.
Latios: Yeah, this is a counter. I'm stupid.

Ok, ok, ok, I will change the name.

MikeDecIsHere
02-27-2011, 02:15 PM
I just like putting custom names into my sets, Mike. What about, you are disabled? Mysticgar edited.

EDIT: Now that I think about it I'm only going to put one couter and teammate section (Lapras was a very vesatile pokemon and Gengar isn't)

I already commented on your first statement (which you seemed to completely ignore. Sub/Disable is the "official" name for that set, so that is why it should be called Sub/Disable. I am not going to change my mind on this.

Also, Eevee and Ciele have a lot of 5th gen battling experience. I recommend that you highly take their opinions into account

Dimes
02-27-2011, 02:18 PM

No, you name it what everybody else names it. It makes us look unprofessional.

Dimes
02-27-2011, 02:22 PM
T-tar: 1HKO with Focus Blast (ok ,yeah with scarf...)
Ferrothorn: HP Fire
Scizor: HP Fire (50% of 1HKO with bullet punch...)
Garchomp: Hp Ice (ok, yeah with scarf and with Yache...)
Heatran: Focus Blast (again, if it has scarf...)
Gyara: Thunderbolt.
Latios: Yeah, this is a counter. I'm stupid.

Ok, ok, ok, I will change the name.

Ferrothorn Gyroballs, Thunder Waves, ect.
Scizor OHKOs with Bullet Punch
Garchomp OHKOs with Outrage
Heatran OHKOs with Fireblast
Gyarados outspeeds after a Dragon Dance, OHKOs with Waterfall.
I'm not even going to comment on Latios.

nies cownters dood ill r8 2/539

Anyways, because no one bothers to read the ******* guides, I'll illustrate on what a counter is.

A Counter is a Pokemon that can switch in on the opposing Pokemon AND LIVE. But, the Counter must be able to either A: Ko the Pokemon. B: Wall the Pokemon. Or C: Threaten to render the Pokemon useless. A counter must be able to switch into all attacks and not get OHKOD or 2HKOD. The only exception to the latter is if your Counter is faster and option A is possible, but the Counter must live after making the Pokemon useless.

lapras6666
02-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Ferrothorn Gyroballs, Thunder Waves, ect.
Scizor OHKOs with Bullet Punch
Garchomp OHKOs with Outrage
Heatran OHKOs with Fireblast
Gyarados outspeeds after a Dragon Dance, OHKOs with Waterfall.
I'm not even going to comment on Latios.

nies cownters dood ill r8 2/539

Ferrthorn: Really?
Scizor: It is a 50% chance.
Garchomp: Gengar can outspeed ond ohko.
Heatran: ok, yes.
Gyara: If it doesn't have DD?

Also, take a look at Serebii's analysis. Are they one of the biggest sites of pokemon? Yes.

Ciele
02-27-2011, 07:06 PM
A Counter is a Pokemon that can switch in on the opposing Pokemon AND LIVE. But, the Counter must be able to either A: Ko the Pokemon. B: Wall the Pokemon. Or C: Threaten to render the Pokemon useless. A counter must be able to switch into all attacks and not get OHKOD or 2HKOD. The only exception to the latter is if your Counter is faster and option A is possible, but the Counter must live after making the Pokemon useless.
^ Did you even read this, Lapras?

For Gengar to "counter" these Pokemon, it has to be able to SWITCH IN against something such as Tyranitar's Crunch or Heatran's Fire Blast, which it simply can't do. Even if Gengar could beat these in 1 vs 1 situations 100% of the time (which it obviously can't), that still doesn't make it a counter to these threats. Just try switching Gengar in against Scizor a few times to see how little it will pay off.

lapras6666
02-27-2011, 07:09 PM
OMG guys, sorry. I don't know what is happening to me. I'm not normally like this.

PS: Since FOUR people requested changing names, I WILL FINALLY change them.

lapras6666
03-02-2011, 06:05 PM
This is finished.

PS: Sry for no damage calcs, I just couldn't find a 5th gen damage calc for mac.

PSN_Eevee
03-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Sorry, I just can't help but comment on this.

Ferrthorn: Really?
Scizor: It is a 50% chance.

lolwhat? Bullet Punch has priority, and any Gengar set lacking HP Fire KOs. Also Gengar can't even take Bug Bite and U-Turn well. It's in no way a scizor counter.

Garchomp: Gengar can outspeed ond ohko.
The three most common Garchomp sets are Sub, Yache, and Scarf. GOOD LUCK SWITCHING IN BRO

Heatran: ok, yes.
And you don't even OHKO specially defensive sets....

Gyara: If it doesn't have DD?
You're still eating a Waterfall or getting Roared away. Or worse coming in to a CB Waterfall. Nice counter.

Also, take a look at Serebii's analysis. Are they one of the biggest sites of pokemon? Yes.
Serebii's analysis suck horribly. I helped with the analysis project for a while, and they included **** like specs tyranitar. *******. specs. ttar. That's not exactly screaming 'GREAT ANALYSIS'

lapras6666
03-03-2011, 07:09 AM
Yea, I know I was stupid when I wrote that. I already know.

DDwhiscash
03-04-2011, 03:45 PM
I used both MYSTICgar and Sub disable, Mystic felt completely outclassed by Sub disable, I suggest merging the sets or just dropping Mystic altogether.

lapras6666
03-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Oh god, who should I trust more on? Eos or you? Well MysticGar can deal with Scizor...

DDwhiscash
03-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Mystic can't really hand Scizor, Bullet Punch still wrecks you.

lapras6666
03-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Mystic can't really hand Scizor, Bullet Punch still wrecks you.

If it does Pursuit: You stay in.
If it does Bullet Punch: You switch on an appropiate counter.

MikeDecIsHere
03-04-2011, 06:18 PM
uhm.....that's only if it's banded. Bulky Scizor is more popular right now

DDwhiscash
03-04-2011, 07:24 PM
I haven't laddered in a while so I wouldn't know, but still whats with all these Pokemon taking passive roles these days.

lapras6666
03-05-2011, 07:55 AM
Yeah, now that I think about it, it is totaly outclassed by sub-disable. Getting rid of it.

lapras6666
04-25-2011, 11:37 AM
This is ready for QC. Can someone change the title?

steel dragons
04-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Ok, the title will be changed shortly.

I will comment more on this later.

steel dragons
04-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Ok, my thoughts:

First, while you say in the introduction that Gengar didn't gain anything of importance this generation, this is not entirely the case; Gengar got a 100% accurate Disable, and Gengar is one of the better users of Disable. You should mention that in the introduction, and also mention that Disable is 100% accurate in the Sub disable set.

The sets themselves look fine, to me anyway.

For other options, you have Protect listed twice. Also, I would consider removing Mean Look, since Gengar is not really suited for that role. I would also consider making a Choice Scarf set, since it can work in checking certain threats, and isn't really outclassed by much because of its 110 speed and 130 special attack.

Overall, this analysis isn't too bad, I would just make these few tweaks to it though.

lapras6666
05-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Edited.

Guys, do you think that Choice Scarf deserve its own set?

steel dragons
05-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Ok, this gets my QC vote after these changes:

I think that the Choice Scarf set could be included on the all out offensive set, as you have it currently.

Also, I'm not sure that Psychic should be an option. It only really hits Conkeldurr harder than the other moves. Tentacruel is hit harder by Thunderbolt, Blaziken is banned, and Infernape is hit hard by Shadow Ball. If you haven't already, you should remove all mentions of Blaziken from this analysis, since Blaziken has been banned.

lapras6666
05-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Done.

steel dragons
05-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Ok, this gets my QC vote. Two more to go!

lapras6666
04-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Updated this analysis to the current Ou metagame and made a few grammar improvements. Also re-wrote the whole teammates and counters sections.

steel dragons
04-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Ok, this looks good Lapras!

I'm waiting for you to rewrite / make a Lapras analysis...

EDIT: I put an 'updated' next to the title, so that I would know that it has been updated recently.

lapras6666
04-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Ok, this looks good Lapras!

I'm waiting for you to rewrite / make a Lapras analysis...

EDIT: I put an 'updated' next to the title, so that I would know that it has been updated recently.

Lapras is not my main priority now. My main priority now would be ending off the Celebi analysis that I started before I "left".

steel dragons
04-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Lapras is not my main priority now. My main priority now would be ending off the Celebi analysis that I started before I "left".

I understand what you're saying, as Lapras is not the best Pokemon for competitive battling out there. I was saying that sort of as a joke, and because it would make sense for you to write a Lapras analysis, simply because of your name.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Celebi Analysis!