Base Stats:
HP: 255
Attack: 10
Defense: 10
Special Attack: 75
Special Defense: 135
Speed: 55

Overview
Blissey is a great healer/special defense switch in. With Blissey on your team you can keep your bulky pokemon alive with Wish and have a safe switch in for sp. attackers and status moves like Toxic or T-wave. Also Blissey is great on a staller team with its rock hard sp. defense and since it's a healer Blissey can use half of its Hp to heal a staller pokemon or any other pokemon practically back to full health. If you want a healer then choose Blissey it has a better base Hp than Chansey and can incorpirate Wish better too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Depth/Move Sets
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b5/Spr_5b_242.png
WishBliss
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ablility: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
Ev Spread: 252 HP; 252 Def; 4 Sp. Def

Protect
Toxic
Seismic Toss
Wish

With this moveset Blissey can heal any pokemon in trouble including itself if needed. With protect Blissey can block attacks after it has used wish and figure out what move a scarfed pokemon will use if it's scarfed. With Toxic Blissey can poison bulky pokemon that your other attackers can't get rid of. Because of Blissey's lack of attack and sp. attack sesmic toss is a good choice for Blissey since even though Blissey lacks attack stats it still does a lot of damage with sesmic toss as long as you don't use it against a ghost pokemon. And Wish is a great move for Blissey since it uses half of Blisseys Hp and heals the next Pokemon or itself the next turn. Which can be a lifesaver for a lot of pokemon that are low on Hp.

Cleric
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV Spread: 252 HP; 252 Def; 4 Sp. Def

Thunder Wave
Sesmic Toss
Softboiled
Aromtherphy

A cleric is a vital importance on a team espically if you're trying to sweep and you're sweeper got poisoned or paralyised. With Blissey you can switch in on a sp. defense move and use aromatherphy to heal every single one of your pokemon of status problems. Thunder wave is so that you can paralysis pokemon that try to switch in on Blissey so that they always move second. Sesmic Toss is a nice move for Blissey because of its lack of attack and sp. attack. Sesmic toss does about 33% of damage to your opponent regardless. And Softboiled is so that you can heal Blissey if Blissey gets hurt.
Other Options

Flamethrower- if you seem to encounter a lot of steel counters like Scizor or Nattorei/Ferrothorn against Blissey then I would suggest using Flamethorwer to stop the steel Pokemon in their tracks. Since both Pokemon have 4x weakness to fire then Flamethrower should pack a punch since your opponent expects you to switch out at any sign of a physical attacker. If you decide to use this attack then replace Sesmic toss with Flamethrower.

Ice beam-if you encounter a lot of dragon types or Gliscor counters against Blissey then I would suggest using Ice beam. Blissey may not be OHKOed by an attack from either one of them so you can trick your opponent and attack with Ice beam when they think you're going to switch. If you decide to use this attack replace Sesmic toss with Ice beam.

Stealth rock-if you would like a switch-in hazard on your team, but can't find a pokemon to give it to then you can always give it to Blissey. Since most sp. attackers switch out when they encounter Blissey using Stealth rock gives your team a switch-in hazard.

Counter-if you want to really put your opponent off-guard then use Counter as one of your moves. With Blissey's low defense it will be completely unexpected and with the high defense evs and as long as Blissey survives with a little bit of Hp while using counter then it will surely deflect the attack right back at the attacking pokemon and get a Ko while Blissey stays alive.

Teammates
Consider paring Blissey up with a ghost type like Gengar to switch in to a fighting pokemon that might try to take out Blissey. Blissey can safely switch out while a ghost pokemon steps in when your opponent is using a fighting pokemon since it's not effected by fighting type moves and then the ghost can counter and take out the fighting Pokemon. Or you could use a physically defensive pokemon like Gliscor to block a physical attack that might try to take out Blissey and set up a sweep or switch out again to a different Pokemon. Also stallers like Snorlax are great teammates for Blissey since Blissey is a healer then it can use half of its Hp to heal a staller pokemon that got hit by a super effective attack or a critcal hit and bring it practically back to full health in a heartbeat. Sweepers also work well with Blissey just in case one of them gets paralysised or poisoned then Blissey can use Aromatherphy to cure them so they can sweep again when the time comes. Also Gyarados is a good teammate for Blissey since it resists all fighting counters for Blissey giving Gyarados time to set up a sweep.

Counters
To try and take down Blissey you might consider using a fighting type pokemon like Machamp because of its phyiscally offensive and super effective attacks against Blissey's low defense. You'll be able to OHKO Blissey in one hit. Ranskursu is also a good counter since it's not effected by status problems due to Magic guard and can set up Calm mind or counterattack with Focus blast. Against a Wish Blissey Gengar is a good choice since it's not effected by Sesmic toss or Toxic and can counterattack with Focus blast or set up Subsitiute. Against any kind of Blissey Gliscor is a good choice since it isn't effected by any status problems that a common Blissey could dish out and can set up a physical sweep or poison Blissey if needed to. Also against a Wish Blissey a Scizor or Nattorei/Ferrothorn counter would be a good choice since they can't be effected by Toxic. Also Nattorei/Ferrothorn can Leech seed and attack Blissey and Scizor can set up Swords dance or OHKO Blissey.

Opinion
In my opinion I like Blissey a lot. It's a great pokemon to stop special attackers and heal your team. Also Blissey can cure status problems and isn't effected by status problems due to Natural Cure. If you're deciding on a healer to pick between Chansey and Blissey then I would pick Blissey since it has a higher base Hp and can heal your team better with Wish. So in my opinion Blissey is a great pokemon to use and is definately the best healer in the 5 gen metagame.

dread45
03-05-2011, 07:45 PM
First 5 gen analysis post what you guys think.

PSN_Eevee
03-05-2011, 08:33 PM
First off, better descriptions are absolutely necessary. I write descriptions like the ones here for joke RMTs, not analysis. Look at some of the other analysis (particularly Tony's and Dime's, and hell, even Ciele's joke Garchomp analysis) for an example of what I mean. Also, be sure to follow the format a bit more accurately.

Remove all mentions of Substitute. It's a terrible move on Blissey, and doesn't accomplish anything other than letting something that you can't touch come in for free while you basically do nothing. In addition, with your current moves, it means that steels wall you entirely so stuff like Excadrill and Lucario destroy you.

Continuing, almost definitely have Seismic Toss as either the main attack or the main slash with Ice Beam and Flamethrower. Slash Toxic with Thunder Wave, and explain the merits of each move (SToss hits TTar and breaks non 101 subs from a lot of stuff, which is really important, Ice Beam hits Gliscor and Dragons, and finally, Flamethrower hurts Nattorei and Scizor).

Continuing, have WishBliss not only somewhere on the analysis, but the first set. There is absolutely no excuse at all for not mentioning WishBliss, as it's arguably the main reason to use Blissey instead of Chansey (the higher HP allows you to pass massive Wishes). And finally, when you include this set (which should be Wish/Protect/(TWave/Toxic)/(SToss/Move)) mention Wish's new mechanics.

Finally, fix up all of those EVs. The first set's EVs make no sense.

And last but not least, stress reasons to use Blissey instead of Chansey, namely the solid special attack stat and the higher HP base, as well as the ability to be used in Hail and Sandstorm more effectively.

MikeDecIsHere
03-05-2011, 09:16 PM
This needs to be completely redone.

First off, you didn't follow the analysis format, refer to my Azumarill analysis for an example of the style of analysis I am referring to.

Second off, there are like no descriptions here, and this is very poorly written. You need to take more time on this, like A LOT more time on this.

dread45
03-05-2011, 09:28 PM
I basically changed most of the stuff you said while you were typing this but I like what you said about stressing Blissey over chansey and I'm keeping my descriptions short and too the point because well I don't want to bore the person that reads this to death. If the person that reads this needs help then they aren't gonna read the whole descripition trust me that's what I used to do it's a complete waste to type up a super long descripition of everything that no one will bother reading because it's too long so I wrote a short sweet and to the point descrption for everything I said.

SilentDreams
03-05-2011, 09:38 PM
I basically changed most of the stuff you said while you were typing this but I like what you said about stressing Blissey over chansey and I'm keeping my descriptions short and too the point because well I don't want to bore the person that reads this to death. If the person that reads this needs help then they aren't gonna read the whole descripition trust me that's what I used to do it's a complete waste to type up a super long descripition of everything that no one will bother reading because it's too long so I wrote a short sweet and to the point descrption for everything I said.

Actually, a lot of people do read the whole description. You're not boring people, the point of the analysis is to provide the information. Analysis aren't supposed to be entertaining per se, so boring people shouldn't even be a concern. People are reading the analysis to get information, so leaving information out for the sake of not being boring is not going to help anyone. Better to have the information there, and if people choose not to read it, that's their loss.

MikeDecIsHere
03-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Ok, so I re-created the analysis in the format that is more appropriate for the analyses. To copy it, just hit "quote" and the text should appear.

As a side note, make sure you capitalize all of the names of Pokemon, Moves, and Items, just to be more grammatically correct. Also avoid using the phrase "I think", for more professionalism.

Blissey

Type: Normal

Abilities:
Natural Cure: Heals status ailments upon switching out
Serene Grace: Boosts the likelihood of added effects appearing

Base Stats:
HP: 255
Attack: 10
Defense: 10
Special Attack: 75
Special Defense: 135
Speed: 55

Overview
Blissey is a great healer/special defense switch in. With Blissey on your team you can keep your bulky pokemon alive with Wish and have a safe switch in for sp. attackers and status moves like Toxic or T-wave.
In Depth/Move Sets
Healer
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ablility: Natural Cure
Ev Spread: 252 HP; 252 Def; 4 Sp. Def

Protect
Toxic
Seismic Toss
Wish

With this moveset Blissey can heal any pokemon in trouble including itself if needed. With protect Blissey can block attacks after it has used wish and figure out what move a scarfed pokemon will use if it's scarfed. With Toxic Blissey can poison bulky pokemon that your other attackers can't get rid of. Because of Blissey's lack of attack and sp. attack sesmic toss is a good choice for Blissey since even though Blissey lacks attack stats it still does a lot of damage with sesmic toss as long as you don't use it against a ghost pokemon. And Wish is a great move for Blissey since it uses half of Blisseys Hp and heals the next Pokemon or itself the next turn. Which can be a lifesaver for a lot of pokemon that are low on Hp.

Cleric
Blissey @ Leftovers
EV Spread: 252 HP; 252 Def; 4 Sp. Def

Thunder Wave
Sesmic Toss
Softboiled
Aromtherphy

A cleric is a vital importance on a team espically if you're trying to sweep and you're sweeper got poisoned or paralyised. With Blissey you can switch in on a sp. defense move and use aromatherphy to heal every single one of your pokemon of status problems. Thunder wave is so that you can paralysis pokemon that try to switch in on Blissey so that they always move second. Sesmic Toss is a nice move for Blissey because of its lack of attack and sp. attack. Sesmic toss does about 33% of damage to your opponent regardless. And Softboiled is so that you can heal Blissey if Blissey gets hurt.
Other Options

Flamethrower
Ice beam (explanation as to why we should use these moves)

Teammates
Consider paring Blissey up with a ghost type like Gengar to switch in to a fighting pokemon that might try to take out Blissey. Or a physically defensive pokemon like Gliscor to block a physical attack that might try to take out Blissey.

Counters
To try and take down Blissey you might consider using a fighting type pokemon like Machamp. Ranskursu since it's not effected by status problems due to Magic guard. Or physical attackers that aren't effected by status problems like Gliscor.

Opinion
In my opinion I like Blissey a lot. It's a great pokemon to stop special attackers and heal your team. Also Blissey can cure status problems and isn't effected by status problems due to Natural Cure. So in my opinion Blissey is a great pokemon to use.

As an added note, upon Dread's request, I will be locking this thread until it is completed.

MikeDecIsHere
03-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Counter and Stealth Rocks should be mentioned in the other options.

DDwhiscash
03-09-2011, 05:42 AM
Why is it called healer and not Wishbliss? Isn't that what everyone knows it as? I saw healer and thought Blissey appeared in an LOTR move =_____=

steel dragons
03-09-2011, 01:03 PM
You really should mention Stealth rocks in other options.

Also, you might want to expand a little on the Counters and teammates section. For example, you could mention that the Skarm-Bliss combo still works. You could mention some Pokemon that resist Fighting moves and that work well against the common fighting threats this generation. One example that I think of right away is Gyarados' bulky set, which can combat Conkeldurr, Breloom, and Blaziken to an extent.

lapras6666
03-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Ok, other options needs a lot of work.
As steel said, Stealth Rock should be mentioned.
Psychic should be mentioned to hit Conkeldurr and other fighting types super-effectively.
Focus Blast should be mentioned to do a lot of damage to T-tar.
Calm Mind should be mentioned if you want to be more offensive.
Sing should be mentioned.
Thunderbolt should be mentioned for bulky waters.

Now, I suggest a counter set:
Blissey @ Lefovers/Focus Sash
252 HP 252 Def 4 SpDef
Bold Nature
-Counter
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic/Thunder Wave/Protect

dread45
03-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Ok I like the gyarados teammate idea I'll add the stealth rock Blissey under other options even though I would never use it and it doesn't seem that popular and I'll change the name to WishBliss if that makes you feel better

DDwhiscash
03-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Ok, other options needs a lot of work.
As steel said, Stealth Rock should be mentioned.
Psychic should be mentioned to hit Conkeldurr and other fighting types super-effectively.
Focus Blast should be mentioned to do a lot of damage to T-tar.
Calm Mind should be mentioned if you want to be more offensive.
Sing should be mentioned.
Thunderbolt should be mentioned for bulky waters.

Now, I suggest a counter set:
Blissey @ Lefovers/Focus Sash
252 HP 252 Def 4 SpDef
Bold Nature
-Counter
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic/Thunder Wave/Protect

One by one. Psychic is just no because your not keeping Bliss out on it and it wont do THAT much damage, Focus Blast is also a no because it has shakey accuracy and again your not keeping bliss out on that. Calm Mind doesn't deserve mention since we aren't playing Ubers and the metagame is still physically based. Defense Curl (as odd as it sounds) deserves mention since it does help patch up Blissey's below average defense. Sing? With that accuracy? Set up fodder central man. All that aside good call on Thunderbolt since it can help spread paralysis (in conjunction with Serine Grace) if you don't have Thunder Wave, But the whole Bulky water thing...dunno bout that since Bliss doesn't attract them.

If your gunna run Counter Bliss, use a Chople Berry, it'll leave you with more HP so you can just Wish+Protect or Soft Boil if the damage. Focus Sash is really just meh because if your playing in Sand Storm or Hail you also loose a Bliss.

MikeDecIsHere
03-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Other Options
Charm should be mentioned in the other options, as that severely cripples almost every physical attacker minus Metagross.
Shadow Ball can be used in tandem with a Serene Grace set in order to get Special Defense drops.

The Counter-Bliss set that I use is this:

Counter-Bliss
Blissey w/ leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP; 252 Def; 4 SpDef

Thunder Wave
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Counter

Set Comments

Thunder Wave allows Blissey to Softboiled until a Parahax occurs, and completely wrecks any fast sweeper. Softboiled is the most reliable methos of recovery for this set, and allows usage of three move slots instead of two with the use of Wish/Protect. Seismic Toss is a reliable attack, and allows Bliss to damage Special Attackers. Counter is the key to this set, as a lot of physical attackers fail to OHKO Blissey unless with a Fighting Move (Weavile's Low Kick does around 50% as an example, though no one uses Weavile anymore). With Counter, any Physical attacker that fails to OHKO Blissey will more often than not be OHKOed themselves thanks to Blissey's amazingly huge HP.

Additional Comments

The EV spread is designed so that Blissey has maximum defensive bulk. Even with a terrible base defense stat of 10, Blissey still has a fairly respectable physical bulk thanks to its massive 255 base HP. Toxic can be used instead of Thunder Wave, but Paralysis helps Blissey significantly more than Poison does, as this Blissey is not designed to stall.

Chople Berry shouldn't be used here, as Leftovers recovery is infinitely better. If fighting types are that scary, then use a Ghost type teammate.