PDA

View Full Version : VGC 2011 Discussion

MikeDecIsHere
05-21-2011, 03:08 PM
http://pallettribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/videogame-logo.jpg
Pokemon VGC 2011

Hey guys!

So as some of you know, the VGC have started/are starting for some of us. Some of our players (including myself) are planning on attending our regional championship areas. This thread is made to discuss the VGC metagame itself. This includes the big threats, play styles, and competition that we will see this year.
Also, for those who are going, where you're going and what age group you're in.

I will be attending the jersey tournament for those who are going ;)

And I've seen a lot of Trick Room/Tailwind teams present. Here's hoping my anti-Trick Room/Tailwind team does well XD.

Dimes
05-21-2011, 03:10 PM
The Beat Up+ Justice heart Terakion combo is going to loot houses. Choice Scarfed leads are probably going to be forced lol.

Also, Trick Room with Beheeyem, Audino or Jellicent looks to be a formidable threat, especially with Conkeldurr and Chandelure around.

lapras6666
05-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Well, since I hate the VGC tier, I will not go, even though IFEMA (where VGG is runned on Madrid) is like 15 km form my house :P

bartozio37
05-21-2011, 04:23 PM
It's not even hosted in the Netherlands, so if i wanted to participate, i'd have to go and visit my german neighbours.
Lets just say that now that i've had my german exam I'm planning on not speaking it anymore anytime soon. anyhow, good luck mike and evryone else that's going.

PSN_Eevee
05-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Dimes have you actually played yet

Basically the only threats are TR, Tailwind, and Goodstuffs, and Goodstuffs is da best

Dimes
05-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Dimes have you actually played yet

Basically the only threats are TR, Tailwind, and Goodstuffs, and Goodstuffs is da best

Eevee, have you played ciele yet?

******* raped.

Although i've never used it, I think Cinccino might be good. Adamant Nature+ Technician+ Life Orb= 95.36% 103.41% 112.69% with Bullet Seed on Terakion. 125.75% 136.45% 148.49% is with Rock Blast.

All assuming you hit at least 3 hits, which is extremely common.

That's not too bad, especially supported with quite a bit of speed.

Sephira
05-29-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm bringing an offensive/stalling team with me

and Mike, I'll see you in Jersey >: )

Ciele
05-29-2011, 10:36 PM

******* raped.

The Terrakion + Whimsicott strategy is so well-known that people will always be prepared for it, so it probably won't be too successful.

MikeDecIsHere
05-29-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm bringing an offensive/stalling team with me

and Mike, I'll see you in Jersey >: )

Hell yeah seph

And actually, from what I've seen, a lot of teams that have won VGCs usually involve extreme gimmicks, which is quite different from last years VGC which was basically Uber spam and Ludicolo/ Abomasnow (that's my opinion, it might not be fully accurate).

For example, Physical Electross, which was uncommon on PO, won dallas. While a semifinal team in California (?) included a level one Cotonee with Focus Sash and Leech Seed/ Endeavor (which proves focus sash is exactly the same as sturdy btw) and a Trick Room Cofagrigus.

Expect everything in VGC people. Remember, not everyone who goes is involved with Smogon or even PO. The most common thing on PO might be scarce at VGCs, and a common threat that your team is prepared for might not be there. Treat every Pokemon viable as a threat, and if there's something that you think can beat you, prepare for it. Trust me, as someone who has done a few wireless VGC battles, some people aren't really prepared for Beat Up Whimsicott and Terrakion, but you might not be ready for things like scarfed special Samurott.

That's all the words of wisdom I have guys. If you're going, good luck!

PSN_Eevee
05-31-2011, 06:33 AM

******* raped.

If you're referring to Ciele using Whimsicott + Terrakion, which judging from his later post you seem to be, that's Goodstuffs, j/s.

Also no I haven't played Ciele in VGC (hell, I didn't even know that he played VGC except maybe for the Smogon VGC tour, but that doesn't mean anything...) but I've played Huy, Omegadonut, Solace, Alaka, and other players who exclusively play VGC and actually win nationals and ****. Also I played VGC through part of SPL2, for what it's worth.

Learn your facts before you try and pretend you know what you're talking about, dimes. I'd be willing to bet that I have tons more vgc experience than you...

Dimes
05-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Learn your facts before you try and pretend you know what you're talking about, dimes. I'd be willing to bet that I have tons more vgc experience than you...

I don't remember saying that you didn't. But I'm also going along with most of the predictions based off of users like alaka and friends. The ones that were saying that **** like Fake Out and Anger Powder will be formidable.

And if you even read my posts, you'll see that I said probably for threats, except this "Goodstuffs". This implies that I'm theorymoning, which isn't always bad.

Ciele
05-31-2011, 10:54 PM
Also no I haven't played Ciele in VGC (hell, I didn't even know that he played VGC except maybe for the Smogon VGC tour, but that doesn't mean anything...)
I'm offended by this. I have played all of around a dozen VGC games ;)

PSN_Eevee
06-01-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't remember saying that you didn't. But I'm also going along with most of the predictions based off of users like alaka and friends. The ones that were saying that **** like Fake Out and Anger Powder will be formidable.

And if you even read my posts, you'll see that I said probably for threats, except this "Goodstuffs". This implies that I'm theorymoning, which isn't always bad.

I did reread your posts; now I take my word back, you have played at least one VGC match.

Ciele clearly destroyed you with Whimsicott + Terrakion and now you believe it to be the greatest threat in the meta.

DC
06-01-2011, 05:01 PM
you both shut the **** since im obviously best

Dimes
06-01-2011, 07:58 PM
I did reread your posts; now I take my word back, you have played at least one VGC match.

Ciele clearly destroyed you with Whimsicott + Terrakion and now you believe it to be the greatest threat in the meta.

No I think that it's a huge threat because it hits like a truck and pretty much forces you to either run dual Fake Out users or Anger Spore if you want to beat it efficiently.

LPFan
06-22-2011, 10:19 PM
VGC is awesome! Tailwind and Trick Room just overrule in this meta.