PDA

View Full Version : UU Round 3

PSN_Eevee
07-22-2011, 02:54 AM
Ok, so the voting came in a couple of days ago with UU, and here are the results.

Mew: 8 Ban, 18 Do Not Ban = 30.77% Ban
Chansey: 14 Ban, 11 Do Not Ban, 1 Abstain = 56% Ban
Wobbuffet: 23 Ban, 2 Do Not Ban, 1 Abstain = 92% Ban
Staraptor: 22 Ban, 3 Do Not Ban, 1 Abstain = 88% Ban
Espeon: 24 Ban, 1 Do Not Ban, 1 Abstain = 96% Ban
Victini: 7 Ban, 19 Do Not Ban = 26.92% Ban

Thus, Wobbufett, Staraptor, and Espeon are now OU. With those three removed from the tier, what do you guys think will dominate the new UU? Will it be stall, now ridiculously strong with three of the main stallbreaking forces removed? Or will offense be able to play more recklessly without having to worry about teams being torn apart by Staraptor or set up on by Wobb? Just in general, what do you guys think the meta will be like?

Discuss.

EspyOwner
07-22-2011, 02:56 AM
How dare you make espeon not have a place in my life.

PowertothePika
07-22-2011, 02:56 AM
Dodrio

Tony32
07-22-2011, 02:58 AM
I personally think stall is going to have a more easier time now that Staraptor is gone, you'll probably see a rise in Hitmontop, and maybe Empoleon. Heracross will be used more as the primary fighting attacker. I'm shocked about wobbu though as i never really had a hard time against it, and it was ignored for most of the previous round, it wasn't really broken to me.

steel dragons
07-22-2011, 04:07 AM
Not based on statistics or anything, but I think that Chansey will be banned the next round, if stall indeed is stronger now.

Anyway, I could see Espeon and Staraptor being banned here.

wilson46
07-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Stall won't dominate too badly, obviously pokemon like Mew (with its Taunt/WoW set), Victini (mixed), Mismagius, and Crobat still threaten stall quite a bit.

Also the main reason why Wobbuffet was so good was that it basically demolished defensive teams - which made stall non-viable. Some Speed investment was all it really needed, as it could come in on any defensive pokemon (like Chansey), Encore a harmless support move, and either force the pokemon to struggle and die, or to Tickle it many times in order for a Pursuit user to come in and kill it off. Obviously it could still kill offensive threats with its huge bulk and Counter / Mirror Coat too.

EspyOwner
07-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Froslass, Mew, and Crobat are the things I'll fear the most this round, probably. I really don't like Froslass.

MikeDecIsHere
07-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Woo no more Staraptor.

Chansey still needs to GTFO

Eos
07-23-2011, 02:22 AM
**** Chansey.
Ik Espy won't like this, but Espeon deserved to go; as well as Staraptor and Wobb because of the serious threats they could pose.

Dimes
07-24-2011, 01:42 PM
**** Chansey.
Ik Espy won't like this, but Espeon deserved to go; as well as Staraptor and Wobb because of the serious threats they could pose.

THEY BANNED ******* STARAPTOR BUT NOT VICTINI.

No really is it just that no one used Flame Charge or something?

Ciele
07-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Maybe because Staraptor is overpowered in UU, but Victini isn't?

I think that's at least a part of the reason behind it.