PDA

View Full Version : Generation V - Individual Set Analyses + Creative Set Analyses

steel dragons
10-11-2011, 02:49 PM
This thread is for people who have good ideas for a certain set for a Pokemon, but maybe don't have the time (or inner drive) to write a full analysis for that Pokemon. Similarly, this thread can also be used for posting creative sets for certain Pokemon.

A Few guidelines to abide by:
Please post the sets like this:
-Name of Set (optional)
-(Pokemon) w/ (item)
-Ability (specify which ability)
-Nature (specify which nature)
-EVs (specify what EVs should be used)
-Moves (List them one slot at a time, with the various options for each slot. Also list them on top of each other, not next to each other)
The format is like this, if you want an example. (click it) (http://pokecheats.net/forum/showthread.php?12304-Jellicent-Analysis)

Please explain what everything means for the set. This includes the moves, EVs, items, natures, abilities, and why this set has use in this competitive environment. You don't have to explain some obvious things (like Landorus using Earthquake in nearly every set), but please cover the things that need to be explained.

Please don't knowingly copy someone else's analysis, or copy their exact set. This doesn't mean that you can't post a variation of the set, but keep in mind that we don't need to see the same thing twice.

If a good analysis of a certain Pokemon is written here, then we (the analysis writers) may use them in our analyses. We will credit you, of course.

If a creative set is written about here, please explain what merit that set has, and possibly go into why it may be outclassed by the more popular sets.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Post away!

steel dragons
10-13-2011, 05:30 PM
BUMP

I hope that people notice this thread.

Sandwich
10-19-2011, 03:50 PM
I've used this in a couple of UU matches and usually does its job: Indirectly Force Switches (key word is "usually")

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/426.gif @ Leftovers
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 36 Hp / 120 Def / 100 SDef / 252 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Disable
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic / Clear Smog
- Shadow Ball / Stockpile / Knock Off

Set Comments
I'm pretty sure you've seen a SubDisable Gengar before and found out how annoying it was. Now imagine if you could use something like that in lower tiers, where hazards are everywhere! It also helps that 'Blim has a nice set of immunities and resistances and is a Spin Blocker. Disable + Substitute is the crux of this set and if done right would most likely make your opponent think twice in staying in. Will-O-Wisp would cripple them Physical Attackers, Toxic would deal heavier damage than Wisp but doesn't do anything else and Clear Smog would eliminate your opp's stat boosts. Shadow Ball is your STAB move, Stockpile to raise both defenses and finally Knock Off to get rid of those Eviolites and Choice items.

EV's
EV's are distributed to obtain a Leftovers number and to balance out defenses. If you'll be using Will-O-Wisp, you can invest more in SpDef and opt for a Calm Nature instead but a Wisp miss will cost you greatly against physical attackers.

Teammates
Pokemon who can set-up hazards are Drifblim's best friend. Roserade, Scolipede, Omastar and Foretress are prime examples that can set-up either of the two spikes. Other walls also get a mention such as Registeel, Chansey and Porygon2 who can cover Blim's common weaknesses while Blim gives a much needed Fighting and Ground immunity.

SilentDreams
10-20-2011, 11:17 PM
It sounds as though you're saying this set isn't particularly viable? As a rule, we're trying to limit the thread to sets that are effective and viable in battles. If I'm wrong, you might want to update the wording of your set comments. Also, can you add additional comments about the nature, item, EV spread, etc.?