PDA

View Full Version : Darkrai Analysis WIP

Murray
10-22-2011, 01:32 PM
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/491.png

Darkrai

Type: Dark

Ability:
Bad Dreams- Reduces a sleeping foe's HP.

Base Stats:
HP: 70
Attack: 90
Defense: 90
Special Attack: 135
Special Defense: 90
Speed: 125

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/491.shtml

Overview

Darkrai is one of the greatest special sweepers in Pokemon. It has access to Nasty Plot, which boosts the high base 135 Special Attack. Dark Pulse gives Darkrai and excellent STAB move, and 20% chance of causing the target to flinch. Its signature move, Dark Void, is a Sleep move with 80% accuracy. This move allows Darkrai to set up with extreme ease, and combined with the Bad Dreams ability, Darkrai can deal 12.5% damage to sleeping opponents per turn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Depth/Move Sets

Nasty Plot Sweeper
Darkrai w/ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 252 SPAtk; 252 Spe; 4 HP

Dark Pulse
Dark Void
Nasty Plot
Focus Blast

Set Comments

This set is a Nasty Plot sweeper. Dark Void is used to allow Darkrai to set up a few Nasty Plots by afflicting the opponent's Pokemon with the Sleep condition. Dark Pulse provides a STAB move with 100% accuracy and a 20% flinch rate, making it an excellent choice for the first slot in this set. Nasty Plot goes in the third slot, and is used to raise Darkrai's already-high Special Attack. Focus Blast is the primary option for the fourth slot in order to take advantage of Darkrai's high Special Attack and the Dark/Fighting combination hits a lot more targets than Dark/Psychic does. Focus Blast hits valuable targets such as other Darkrai, Dialga, and Normal Arceus. However, it only gets 70% accuracy.

Additional Comments

Scope Lens could be used instead of Life Orb in sets where Focus Blast is used instead of Psychic.

Trick Darkrai - Provided by Near
Darkrai w/ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Ability: Bad Dreams
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Spd; 252 SpAtk; 4 HP

Trick
Dark Void
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast/Ice Beam

Set Comments

Set comments go here.

Additional Comments

Additional comments go here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other Options

Other options go here.

Teammates

Garchomp is an excellent candidate for a teammate as it makes a good Blaziken counter with STAB Earthquake.

Counters

Two of the main Pokemon Darkrai has to watch out for are Garchomp and Blaziken. Blaziken's High Jump Kick poses a huge threat to Darkrai.

Opinion

Will finish soon!

Lavityranitar
10-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Well done so far. Just some flaws:

You haven't followed the format correctly. Nonetheless, I'm sure SD will be on the case.
You listed the same set twice?
Some minor spelling errors. GP checks will do that for you.

steel dragons
10-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Ok, I'm going to say basically the things that Lava-Surfing Tyranitar said here already:

The format is close to being right, but you need to follow it exactly. There is no gray area here, just copy/paste the format from one of the completed analyses, or something like that.

Also, you did list the same set twice. For the set, I would have the item choice as either Life Orb or Leftovers, with Life Orb being the first choice. Scope Lens is rather situational, and doesn't always help you, whereas Life Orb or Leftovers helps you every turn (in LO's case, every turn that you attack). You also have a mistake with the EVs; you have 252 Atk EVs instead of 252 SpA Evs.

All said, this analysis is looking good so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

Murray
10-22-2011, 02:14 PM
I've Finished editing!Since this is my first Analysis all help is appreciated!

steel dragons
10-24-2011, 12:22 AM
The Nasty Plot sets should have Dark Pulse and Focus Blast PERIOD. The move combo of Dark + Fighting hits a lot of targets, whereas Dark + Psychic doesn't hit nearly as much. Psychic may seem good to get rid of the Fighting Pokemon, but Focus Blast hits more 'valuable' targets, like other Darkrai, Dialga, Normal Arceus, etc.

Also, I think that a scarfed set should be included here as well.

I'll add more stuff later to this. Nice job so far.

Murray
10-26-2011, 12:50 AM
The Nasty Plot sets should have Dark Pulse and Focus Blast PERIOD. The move combo of Dark + Fighting hits a lot of targets, whereas Dark + Psychic doesn't hit nearly as much. Psychic may seem good to get rid of the Fighting Pokemon, but Focus Blast hits more 'valuable' targets, like other Darkrai, Dialga, Normal Arceus, etc.

Also, I think that a scarfed set should be included here as well.

I'll add more stuff later to this. Nice job so far.

Thanks (Do you think I should do another one?Do I have potential as a analysis writer?)

Ice Cube
10-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Kay well 2 exactly same sets isn't really appealing to me. Try adding a Trick/Scarf/Spec set which I have found to be very very very useful.

Darkrai@Choice Scarf/Choice Spec
Evs: 252 Spd, 252 Spc.A, 4 Hp
Timid Nature
Trick
Dark Void
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast/Hidden Power (Ice)

SilentDreams
10-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Ok, I have quite a lot of comments on this.
-Follow the format. I fixed it for you, but we have a very specific format for analyses that we request you follow in the future.
-Don't change the font, use exclamation marks (!), or forget to put spaces between your words.
-No need to make to very similar sets... just slash things in, and utilize the Additional Comments section.
-Add additional comments on Nature, EVs, etc.
-Add other options.
-Some more sets should be added if there are more viable ones for this Pokemon.
-Add more teammates.
-Add more counters.

I made some changes based on other peoples' comments.
Overall, this leaves a lot to be desired, but keep working on it.

.sECRET
10-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Remove psychic, it's a godawful move on Darkrai.

SilentDreams
10-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Is there something else that could go in the fourth slot that has similar coverage but more accuracy?

steel dragons
10-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Phantom, I think that you have potential as an analysis writer, just keep working at it (and follow the format closely, as others have said).

Anyway, while I normally don't edit other peoples' analyses to change the content, I changed Hidden Power Ice to Ice Beam, because it makes more sense.

Some other moves that could be included here (on the analysis, not on this particular set) are Thunder, Spacial Rend, and Sucker Punch, either in other options or on different sets.

Murray
11-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the corrections and thanks that makes me feel pretty good.

Dimes
11-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Get rid of Ice Beam and replace it with Spacial Rend. The only thing that Ice Beam hits is Groudon compared to hitting Palkia and Reshiram harder, and I'd consider hitting them to be way more important than hitting Groudon when Scarfed. When Specs'd, you 2HKO the Behemoth with Dark Pulse.

Murray
11-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Get rid of Ice Beam and replace it with Spacial Rend. The only thing that Ice Beam hits is Groudon compared to hitting Palkia and Reshiram harder, and I'd consider hitting them to be way more important than hitting Groudon when Scarfed. When Specs'd, you 2HKO the Behemoth with Dark Pulse.

Im using moves that are'nt from events.

Dimes
11-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Why? It's a legal and more commonly used than Ice Beam. Plus, most of this is used by PO players. If you're going to have Ice Beam, then mention it in Additional Comments.

Murray
11-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Oh okay i will add that in soon.