PDA

View Full Version : Legal Hacks Using Pokesav Online

kashi11
10-25-2011, 03:24 AM
Hi,

I am new to hacking and wondered how to make pokemon that get through the WiFi random match up hack screening. I recently hacked some pokemon and they did not make the cut. Can someone one give me a rundown on how to get pokemon through the screening? I am using using the online pokesav that sends to GTS.

Kyohack
10-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Before you read my wall of text below, I want to let you know that I am working on programming a legality checker, and I am also working on programming a PID generator. Both will be extremely simple to use, and both will be integrated into my online Pokesav.

You must make sure that the Pokemon doesn't exceed the game's limits. Invalid moves, or incorrect met-at levels and met-at locations are common mistakes. Most people don't know what the PID value is for. The PID is basically a checksum of your Pokemon's ability, gender, nature, and IVs. I recommend using this PID generator (http://pokecheats.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=243&d=1313197425). If you do not get the PID that you want, then try different IV combinations. Pay close attention to the information that appears under a PID. You need to look up the Pokemon in a guide book to see what abilities it can learn. The PID generator swaps these values for the PID (its just a confusing bug for this PID generator, it doesn't apply to other PID generators). For example, if this PID generator gives you a PID for "Ability 1", then you want to give your Pokemon the second ability that is listed in the guide book. If this PID generator gives you a PID for "Ability 2", then you want to give your Pokemon the first ability that is listed in the guide book. Instead of typing the name of the nature that you want the PID to have, you have to look up the value for that nature. The read-me has a list of the value that each nature corresponds to. You also need to make sure that the Pokemon's gender matches the PID's gender value. You will need to look up the Pokemon in a guide book to find out what percentage of that Pokemon will be female. If the Pokemon has a 12.5% chance of being female, then the PID's gender value needs to be between 0 and 30 inclusive, otherwise it will be male. If the Pokemon has a 25% chance of being female, then the PID's gender value needs to be between 0 and 63 inclusive, otherwise it will be male. If the Pokemon has a 50% chance of being female, then the PID's gender value needs to be between 0 and 126 inclusive, otherwise it will be male. If the Pokemon has a 75% chance of being female, then the PID's gender value needs to be between 0 and 190 inclusive, otherwise it will be male. The gender value of the PID can be ignored for gender-less Pokemon, and Pokemon that always have the same gender.

If you have the time, then I encourage you to read this: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pid_iv_creation
That document covers the basics of a PID.