PDA

View Full Version : Banning permaweather

Zaidon
11-30-2011, 05:16 PM
When Gen 5 came in, and Dream world was revealed, we saw rubbish pokemon become better with abilities it earned. The pokemon in question with this release is Ninetails and Politoed, who got weather abilities, Drought and Drizzle respectively.

Why am I talking about this? In Gen 5, they led to a rise in weather teams (the only weather set up with abilities in previous gen was Tyranitar, Hippowdon and Abomasnow (not mentioning pre-evolutions)).

Most teams now involve weather. Smogon cracked down on Drizzle + Swift Swim and Excadrill, who was broken in a sandstorm.

This leads to people wanting to ban weather abilities. However, in the case of pokemon like T-tar, he will be banned just for having an ability that induces weather (sandstorm). The idea of making permaweather banned is stupiad, as sandstorm teams can dominate, thanks to pokemon like T-tar having no dream abilities, so we can see fights between sandstorm teams and anti-sandstorm teams.

I believe permaweather should not be banned. And anyway, imagine the metagame with just sandstorm teams and anti-sandstorm, with about only 30 pokemon being used. I'm not talking about Hail teams as they have a small range of pokemon and can only either stall or spam Blizzard on anything that moves.

steel dragons
12-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Yes, it would be dumb to ban perma-weather, as those Pokemon aren't really 'broken.'

DDwhiscash
12-01-2011, 04:45 PM
No...........