Sableye

http://pokecheats.net/dex/bw/front-n/302.png

Dark/Ghost

Weakness: None

Immunity: Normal, Psychic, Fighting

Resistance: Poison 1/2 damage.

Abilities:

Keen eye- Cannot lose accuracy from moves
Stall- Always go last (overrides Trick room. Lagging tail and similar items go before Stall) UNIQUE
(DW Ability) Prankster- Status gains priority 1 (UNRELEASED ABILITY)

Stats
HP: 50
ATT: 75
DEF: 75
SP.ATT: 65
SP.DEF 65
SPEED: 50

Overview

My god, look at those stats. Horrible stats, and a typing that pretty much has STAB only against those that are weak to Dark/Ghost. Not only that, but a small attacking move pool makes this guy useless. Bad stats, shallow attack pool, yet good status moves. Hope someone can do anything about that. In Gen 4 it gained Stall. Useless ability, so it was mainly outclassed by Spiritomb by being better in pretty much anything.

However, in Gen 5 it gained Prankster, showing Nintendo does care about this nightmare. With Prankster, a lot of possibilities open up, as Sableye has good status moves, like Will o Wisp, Toxic, Calm Mind, Taunt, Recover, Torment, etc.

With its typing, it has no weakness, and immune to Normal, Psychic and Fighting. It's attacking moves are no big deal, apart from Shadow Sneak and Night Shade. With these moves, it can shut down teams that do not expect it, and can cripple any Fighting or Psychic who cannot counter it.

However, it lacks Thunder Wave, which would make it very more useful.

IN DEPTH MOVES/SETS

Anti-Special
Ability: Prankster
Calm
Item: Leftovers/ (Choice Band(scarf) only with Trick)
EV: 252 HP, 252 SP.Def, 4 Def

Moves:

Taunt/(Trick only with CB/CS)
Night Shade
Recover
Mean Look/Toxic

Overview:

With this set, Sableye counters many special pokemon with its immunity to Psychic and Fighting (take that Reuniclus). Sableye comes in on a protected move, Mean Look then Taunt and kill it with Night Shade. If the pokemon has a move that can hit Sableye (e.g HP Fire) Recover just recovers lost HP. With Trick, just Trick it on a move it is immune to (e.g Psyshock/Focus Blast) and enjoy your opponent rage.

You can have Toxic with Trick incase they feel like switching(which they would). And anyway, getting Toxic on the opponents is very important sometimes, but loses effect as it does no reduce damage.

Night Shade is used when the opponent stays in, and you use it to rack up damage.

Anti-Physical

Nature Bold
EV: HP 252, 252 Def, 4 SP.Def
Item: Leftovers/(Choice Specs only with Trick)

Move

Trick(Trick only with Choice Specs)/Will o wisp
Night Shade
Recover
Will o wisp/Mean Look

Overview:

After another test, Sableye can counter any pokemon that has Fighting type moves (e.g Staraptor). Switch in on a Fighting type move, use Trick(or Mean Look) then Will o wisp.

It will either switch or stay in. If it stays in, it will be crippled by it. Be careful around Heracross and Conkeldurr , as they normally have Guts.

You can Night Shade on switches to deal damage, but only when status isn't up.

Toxic Staller
Item: Leftovers
Nature Bold
Ev: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SP.Def
Moves:

Toxic
Substitute
Protect
Recover

Overview:

Thanks to its immunity to Mach Punch, Sableye is a very good Toxic Staller. Basically, the whole point of this is to take advantage of Prankster, and force the opponent to lose damage till death or switch-out. Unlike the other sets, it can be used throughout the whole match, and can come in anytime, but has better results late-game.

To stall, use Toxic, then Sub/Protect. Heal with Recover once needed. One selling point? It has no weakness, and immune to Fighting and Psychic, some of the most used Type moves this gen.

Just remember to switch on Poison/Steel types. And remember, come on protected moves.

Vengeance is mine!
Ability: Stall/Prankster (when released)
Item: Choice Band/Leftovers/Life Orb
Nature: Brave
Ev: N/A (WORK IN PROGRESS)

Moves:

Payback
Shadow Sneak(with CB and Life Orb)/Night Shade (With Leftovers)
Recover
Trick(with CB)/Will o wisp(Leftovers and Life Orb)

Overview:

NOTE: WORK IN PROGRESS. AT THE MOMENT, THIS IS CURRENTLY IN TESTING. MIGHT BE INACCURATE OR FLAWED IN DESIGN. EV SPREAD NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED.

This set is designed to take advantage of Stall. With this set, it is, as you can see, mix and match to your type of playing.

Choice Band play:

This is to maximize Sableyes potential of sweeping teams. Use Payback everytime. Switch when needed, and use Shadow Sneak to revenge kill. Use Trick to cripple Special Attackers.

Leftovers play:

This is designed to increase Sableye's chance of survival.

Replacing Shadow Sneak, Night Shade means Sableye can still be a threat, hitting any pokemon that is not a Normal type. Plays like CB, however use Will o wisp to increase rates of survival.

Life Orb play:
Without the hindering CB, and the lack of power from Leftovers, this is the medium. Plays like a combination of both, however watch your health.

Note: Prankster (when released) is a much better option, for quick recover.

OTHER OPTIONS:

Outside of status moves, it really can't do anything offensive. But thanks to access to Calm Mind, Prankster and Recover, you can turn this guy into a sweeper, however situations like this are rare and I advise not too, because of its typing, Stats and shallow attack movepool.

COUNTERS:

Blissey can wall most of its moves, but cannot do anything to Sableye. Other Prankster Pokemon can outspeed Sableye easily. Pokemon, like Chandulure with Shadow Tag, can just keep it in and kill it if Sableye lacks Toxic. Heatren prevents both Toxic and Will o wisp, so it can just come in and take out Sableye. Infact, pretty much anything can take out Sableye.

TEAM MEMBERS:
Seeing as one of its counters is Heatran, you can use either Politoed for Drizzle, or send in a Pokemon with Earthquake if Heatran does not have Balloon.

Zoroark is useful to throw the opponents of (like Reuniclus) with Illusion and set up a sweep.

For Toxic Stall, Magnezone with Magnet Pull and HP Fire can sort out Steel types.

For Anti-Special set, Blissey fits the bill, and Anti-Physical set, Skarmory can take any blow.

Shedinja is very useful, if you have weather, a Anti set and a spinner, Shedinja can set up and wreck the opponents, if they cannot counter it, and it also helps counter some pokemon with Sableye, given loads of immunitys and no weakness.

WHAT I HOPE:

Sableye will be recognized as a useful pokemon, and find its way into OU with its Psychic and Fighting walling, specially since they are running all over the current Metagame.

Thank you for reading. Any notes or helpful advice can make this better.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Zaidon
12-01-2011, 09:33 PM
My first analysis. Any comments?[COLOR="Silver"]

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM

DDwhiscash
12-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Might wanna remove the Duh from beside your toxic you could add it in there as comical relief but remember the essential purpose of doing an analysis is to help weaker players become stronger. They might not know what stalling is or understand why toxic is there. Adding duh might make them feel slow and stupid and ultimately discourage them from playing. Your set's are solid though, from what I'm seeing. Besides using an unreleased ability. All and all good work on your first. (Further comments to come later)

Zaidon
12-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Might wanna remove the Duh from beside your toxic you could add it in there as comical relief but remember the essential purpose of doing an analysis is to help weaker players become stronger. They might not know what stalling is or understand why toxic is there. Adding duh might make them feel slow and stupid and ultimately discourage them from playing. Your set's are solid though, from what I'm seeing. Besides using an unreleased ability. All and all good work on your first. (Further comments to come later)

Thanks for the comment. Will make changes to Toxic Stalling. In the meantime, I will create a new set for the current Sableye once I work out the Ev spreads for it. And the reason why I done this so I can claim this analysis and show my research.

grasssnake485
09-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Might want to put mean look in the staller sableye sets. The poison damage doubles each turn, but if they switch, the damage resets. For example, it goes 1/16 damage, then 1/8 damage, 1/4, 1/2, 1/2.... Also, Toxic, unlike other poison statuses, cannot KO the opponent until it is down to 1 HP, so you might want to add in a damaging move.