PDA

View Full Version : i have some questions about a couple things

mittycat18
03-12-2012, 07:10 PM
I am new to this site and was wondering a couple things. how does the pokesav know to send the pokemon you create to your ds and not to anyone else's. Also why do people keep trying to hack this site? And why does nintendo care so much about preventing this site from creating these pokemon and puting them onto the 5th gen gts? If i put 255 evs on all of the stats of a pokemon, will i be able to use it on the random matchup mode in 5th gen?

Kyohack
03-12-2012, 07:23 PM
My GTS system tracks you by your IP address. As long as your computer and your game are using the same internet connection, then the GTS should work.

The maximum amount of EVs for all the stats combined, should be 510 or less. If you have more, then the Pokemon will not pass hack checks.

Sir_Auron
03-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Nintendo seems to think that Flash cart = Piracy
and Hacking = Piracy

think about it.. in the 3DS Terms of Use

"Chapter II: Unauthorized Software, Services, or Devices

You may not use your Nintendo 3DS System with any unauthorized software, unauthorized device or make any technical modifications to the Nintendo 3DS System. Any such use or modification voids any warranty, is a breach of this Agreement, and may be illegal or cause performance issues and/or damage to your Nintendo 3DS System and related services. Nintendo (as well as any Nintendo licensees, distributors or retailers) are not responsible for any damage or loss caused by the use of such devices, software, or modifications."

"After the Nintendo 3DS menu is updated, any existing or future unauthorized technical modification of the hardware or software of your Nintendo 3DS System, or the use of an unauthorized device in connection with your system, will render the system permanently unplayable. Content deriving from the unauthorized modification of the hardware or software of your Nintendo 3DS System will be removed. Failure to accept the update may render games and new features unplayable."

In otherwords Nintendo will brick (Break your 3DS) with an update if you hack it or use a Flash cart (Supercard, R4 etc.)

So it seems Nintendo doesn't like ANYTHING that has the potential to be used for piracy.

Now, Why Anonymous and Syrian Electronic Army are after the site remains to be seen but it could be that they just want to sell email addresses to spammers...

Psygirl
03-13-2012, 01:12 AM
To Nintendo, Giraffes=Piracy.

Mew2012
03-13-2012, 02:41 AM
Nintendo seems to think that Flash cart = Piracy
and Hacking = Piracy

think about it.. in the 3DS Terms of Use

"Chapter II: Unauthorized Software, Services, or Devices

You may not use your Nintendo 3DS System with any unauthorized software, unauthorized device or make any technical modifications to the Nintendo 3DS System. Any such use or modification voids any warranty, is a breach of this Agreement, and may be illegal or cause performance issues and/or damage to your Nintendo 3DS System and related services. Nintendo (as well as any Nintendo licensees, distributors or retailers) are not responsible for any damage or loss caused by the use of such devices, software, or modifications."

"After the Nintendo 3DS menu is updated, any existing or future unauthorized technical modification of the hardware or software of your Nintendo 3DS System, or the use of an unauthorized device in connection with your system, will render the system permanently unplayable. Content deriving from the unauthorized modification of the hardware or software of your Nintendo 3DS System will be removed. Failure to accept the update may render games and new features unplayable."

In otherwords Nintendo will brick (Break your 3DS) with an update if you hack it or use a Flash cart (Supercard, R4 etc.)

So it seems Nintendo doesn't like ANYTHING that has the potential to be used for piracy.

Now, Why Anonymous and Syrian Electronic Army are after the site remains to be seen but it could be that they just want to sell email addresses to spammers...

thank you for helping me decide whether or not i wanted to upgrade to a 3DS or not lol. i think i'll stick with my DSi since nintendo thinks they can break their own devices for whatever reasons. according to the library of congress, anything purchased is under the owner's discretion as to what is done with it. under that ruling, it would be illegal for nintendo to brick a 3DS for someone hacking it. they can restrict services and void warranty, but thats about it. apple faced the same issue when they were trying to make it illegal to jailbreak iDevices.

Sir_Auron
03-13-2012, 04:13 AM
To Nintendo, Giraffes=Piracy.

Too Funny!

thank you for helping me decide whether or not i wanted to upgrade to a 3DS or not lol. i think i'll stick with my DSi since nintendo thinks they can break their own devices for whatever reasons. according to the library of congress, anything purchased is under the owner's discretion as to what is done with it. under that ruling, it would be illegal for nintendo to brick a 3DS for someone hacking it. they can restrict services and void warranty, but thats about it. apple faced the same issue when they were trying to make it illegal to jailbreak iDevices.

I got my 3DS as an Xmas present so i'm not the one who paid for it!
I never had a DSl because they seemed so pointless when the DS Light worked fine

Glad I have a 3DS though, Pokemon Rumble Blast is a great game. Looking forward to Pokemon II BW and Kingdom Hearts IIID: Dream Drop Distance!

Mew2012
03-13-2012, 01:35 PM
i got my DSi recently at a very good price lol. i kind of want a 3DS for classic games such as legend of zelda, but i'm still on the fence about it. hearing the threats isnt helping though.

Kyohack
04-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Don't listen to that hype! They are trying to scare you, while in reality, they can't do a thing.

To this day, I guarantee you that Nintendo has not intentionally bricked any of its own consoles. It is illegal for them to render the system unplayable. If they decided to do that, then all consumers would be entitled to a class action lawsuit against Nintendo for committing property damage. You could sue them for the cost of the console, and probably get some monetary compensation for the valuable progress you've made in your games. They'd also have a bunch of negative press, and several consumer agencies chasing after them.

So in short, don't worry about updating your console if you use flashcarts.