PDA

View Full Version : Madden 12 Franchise Dynasty: Seattle Seahawks

steel dragons
05-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I've decided to post a Madden 12 Franchise Dynasty on here, so that people can see how it is done. Basically, a Franchise in Madden 12 is when you control a team and dictate what the team does. You can control which players get played, you can pick players off of free agency, you can control the prices of items sold in the stadium, and things like that. In addition, between every football season, you can control which college players to draft, which players you want to keep on your team, and which players you want to get from free agency.

In this franchise, I'll be controlling the Seahawks for a challenge, since they are not one of the 'good' teams in Madden.

I'll be using the following settings:
All-Pro difficulty
Coach Mode (you call plays, but the CPU controls your players. This puts more emphasis on having good players)
Sliders (or settings like QB accuracy) will be adjusted in the CPUs' favor
10 minute quarters (enables you to do a number of plays similar to a normal football game)
I simulated the 2011 season so that I could draft / acquire new players. The Seahawks went 8-8 that year and missed out on the playoffs

Seahawks 2012 Draft Class:
1st round, pick 16: Kelvin Nilsen, ROLB (OVR-80)
2nd round, pick 16: Bill Kates, WR (OVR-77)
3rd round, pick 16: Jeremiah Ferris, RT (OVR-74)
4th round, pick 16: Deshaun Vinson, CB (OVR-76)
5th round, pick 16: Tito Green, HB (OVR-73)
6th round, pick 16: Deuce Johnson, WR (OVR-71)
7th round, pick 16: (some player that I cut)

Seahawks 2012 Opening Day Roster:
KEY: 'player'('overall rating')
The closer a player is to the left, the more playing time that the player will get.

Offense
QB: Philip Rivers (90), Wayne Campbell (65)
HB: Marshawn Lynch (88), Tito Green (73), LaRod Stephens-Howling (71)
FB: Michael Robinson (80)
TE: Zach Miller (83), John Carlson (75), Mickey Shuler (57)
WR1: Sidney Rice (85), Doug Baldwin (78), Golden Tate (75)
WR2: Bill Kates (77), Deon Butler (77), Deuce Johnson (71)
LT: Russell Okung (82), Paul McQuistan (72)
LG: Robert Gallery (87), Mike Gibson (74)
C: Max Unger (84), Trenton Brooks (60)
RG: Geoff Schwartz (77), John Maffitt (62)

Defense
LE: Chris Clemons (91), Thomas Keiser (69)
DT: Alan Branch (87), Brandon Mebane (84), Lezarius Levingston (60)
RE: Red Bryant (90), Thaddeus Gibson (69)
CB1: Brandon Browner (84), Deshaun Vinson (76)
CB2: Richard Sherman (77), Walter Thurmond III (67)
LOLB: K.J. Wright (77), Stafon Wilson (62)
MLB: David Hawthrone (87), Darick Longham (61)
ROLB: Kelvin Nilsen (81), Adrien Moten (53)
SS: Kam Chancellor (85), Jeron Johnson (67)
FS: Earl Thomas (88), Ross Sullivan (60)

Special Teams
K: Steven Hauschka (78)
P: Jon Ryan (87)

steel dragons
05-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Current Roster (updated after Week Eight):
KEY: 'player'('overall rating')
The closer a player is to the left, the more playing time that the player will get.

Offense
QB: Philip Rivers (90), David Garrard (82), Wayne Campbell (65)
HB: Marshawn Lynch (88), Tito Green (73), LaRod Stephens-Howling (71)
FB: Michael Robinson (80)
TE: Zach Miller (83), John Carlson (75), Mickey Shuler (57)
WR1: Sidney Rice (85), Bill Kates (77), Deuce Johnson (71)
WR2: Josh Morgan (78), Doug Baldwin (78)
LT: Russell Okung (82), Paul McQuistan (72)
LG: Robert Gallery (87), Mike Gibson (74)
C: Max Unger (84), Trenton Brooks (60)
RG: Geoff Schwartz (77), John Maffitt (62)

Defense
LE: Chris Clemons (91), Thomas Keiser (69)
DT: Alan Branch (87), Brandon Mebane (84), Lezarius Levingston (60)
RE: Red Bryant (90), Thaddeus Gibson (69)
CB1: Brandon Browner (84), Deshaun Vinson (76)
CB2: Richard Sherman (77), Walter Thurmond III (67)
LOLB: K.J. Wright (77), Stafon Wilson (62)
MLB: David Hawthrone (87), Darick Longham (61)
ROLB: Kelvin Nilsen (81), Adrien Moten (53)
SS: Kam Chancellor (85), Jeron Johnson (67)
FS: Earl Thomas (88), Ross Sullivan (60)

Special Teams
K: Steven Hauschka (78)
P: Jon Ryan (87)

2012 Schedule:
Week 1: SF at SEA (W, 10-13)
Week 2: SEA at ARI (W, 20-0)
Week 3: SEA at DET (L, 35-17)
Week 4: SEA at ATL (W, 30-24)
Week 5: MIA at SEA (W, 45-37)
Week 6: PHI at SEA (W, 30-34)
Week 7: SEA at CHI (W, 35-19)
Week 8: STL at SEA (W, 9-38)
Week 9: NE at SEA
Week 10: BYE
Week 11: SEA at STL
Week 12: SEA at SF
Week 13: GB at SEA
Week 14: SEA at NYJ
Week 15: MIN at SEA
Week 16: ARI at SEA
Week 17: SEA at BUF

I will try to update these things as soon as I can.

steel dragons
05-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Ok, I have changed from the Dolphins to the Seahawks, doing a different mode of play. This was due to a few reasons.

I scored 40+ points in three games with the Dolphins, which is just too much.

I scored these 40+ points using a quarterback and running back that were not highly rated (both around 72ish). Again, under normal circumstances, that would not happen.

In the third game, I switched quarterbacks, and then I threw for almost 500 yards. That's when I decided to start over, because that was just ridiculous. I won that game 59 - 24.

Anyway, some general things about the new Seattle Franchise:

I again simulated the 2011 season.
I kept most of my starters from last year. I did get rid of my starting right guard, right tackle, all of my quarterbacks, best cornerback, and starting right outside linebacker.
In free agency, I got the quarterback Philip Rivers (surprised that he was on free agency, hmmm...), a backup rookie quarterback, a starting right guard, and some backups for positions that I was thin at.
In the college draft, I drafted a right outside linebacker, wide receiver, runningback, right tackle, and cornerback with my first five picks in that order.
In my first game against the San Francisco 49ers, I pulled out a win in overtime with the score 10-13. The main story was that Philip Rivers got injured midway through the third quarter, so I needed to use my backup in place. The back QB did terrible, and his first completed pass was to a defender. I was lucky that my defense made some key stops and that my running game performed well enough to get the win.
After that game, I found out that Philip Rivers had a pulled groin, so he would miss another week. More disturbing though was that Philip Rivers never actually played a complete game last year, as he got injured on the first game of the 2011 season and missed the entire year. After hearing that, I signed another quarterback to a one year deal.

Again, I will make updates to the first few pages when I get the chance.

steel dragons
05-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Hawks win in Defensive War
Seahawks start the season with a win

Seattle, WAS -- The pressure was on for Seattle to succeed. The had many new faces to their franchise, including a new starting quarterback (Philip Rivers), a rookie starting Wide Receiver (Bill Kates), and a new head coach (Jack Del Rio). Last year's 8-8 record apparently didn't satisfy Seattle's owner, so he rebooted the franchise and brought many new people in. Meanwhile, San Francisco has many rookies as well, including three rookie wide receivers.

The game did not start out well for Seattle. On the opening drive, the Seahawks were forced to punt the ball away after three plays. The 49ers then converted their opening drive into a 8 yard touchdown run by Frank Gore. The Seahawks answered quickly though. They turned their next drive into a touchdown when Philip Rivers threw the football 5 yards, just over the hands of a defender, into Sidney Rice's hands for a touchdown to tie the game at 7-7. After this point, there were no more touchdowns scored, and he game then became a defensive battle between the two teams. At halftime, the Seahawks were winning 10-7 thanks to a Steven Hauschka 34 yard field goal in the second quarter.

After halftime, the teams' offensive struggles would continue, as both teams were simply unable to put points on the board. Midway through the third quarter, the Seahawks were finally getting some momentum on offense. Then, the worst happened. Philip Rivers got injured due to a hard hit from a 49ers lineman, and after further prognosis, Rivers would be forced to miss the rest of the game because of a pulled groin. "It's frustrating, getting injured in the first game, just like last year", Rivers remarked. He was referring to last year's week one game, when he suffered a season ending injury. Rivers' pulled groin isn't too serious, and he should be expected back on the field on the week 3 matchup versus the Lions. Philip Rivers' backup, Wayne Campbell, then killed the drive with two incomplete passes, forcing the Seahawks to punt once again. The 49ers then found their offensive momentum, driving down the field, eventually getting to the two yard line in the red zone. However, Frank Gore simply could not punch the ball in for a touchdown, so the 49ers were forced to settle for a chip shot field goal from David Akers to tie the score at 10 apiece.

In the fourth quarter, both teams still struggled to put points on the board. The Seahawks struggled to move the ball with Wayne Campbell throwing the passes. Campbell's first completed pass was thrown to a 49ers cornerback, and Campbell finished 5/11 for 27 yards and an interception. Campbell's ineptitude forced the Seahawks to rely on the runningback tandem of Marshawn Lynch and Tito Green. This run-based approach was faring well, but he Seahawks weren't scoring any points. The 49ers were able to move the ball with some success, but on two separate occasions, they were forced to punt the ball after their drives stalled just outside of field goal range. At 4th quarter's end, the game was still tied at 10-10, so this meant...overtime!

The Seahawks would get the ball first, but the Seahawks went three and out, so they were forced to punt. The 49ers got the ball, and all indications were that they would win the game, because of the way that they were driving down the field. The Seahawks defense stopped the 49ers, and David Akers would try to make a 52 yard field goal. However, his attempt would go wide right, so the Seahawks still had life. Thanks to strong running from Marshawn Lynch and Tito Green, the Seahawks finally drove down the field into field goal range. Steven Hauschka would line up to kick the 35 yard attempt, and it would be...good! The Hawks would pull out the win by a score of 13-10.

The Seahawks play the Cardinals next week to determine who the division leader will be. The Cards beat the Rams by a score of 22-8 in their week one matchup.

Week One Individual Stats

Week One Scoring plays

steel dragons
05-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Seahawks agree to terms with David Garrard

The Seahawks have signed David Garrard to a 1 year, 3 million deal. This is in no doubt because of Philip Rivers' injury, and his injury history for that matter. Also, Wayne Campbell is clearly not ready for the NFL yet, as he struggled in roughly two quarters of play last Sunday. "I signed Garrard because I have coached him when were still in Jacksonville, and I know that he can lead this offense.", Del Rio stated. "I think that Campbell needs a few years before he is ready for the NFL."

Garrard will be expected to start for the week two matchup versus the Arizona Cardinals.

steel dragons
05-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Cards Fold, Hawks Roll
Seahawks pitch a shutout against the Cards, 20-0

Pheonix, ARI -- Today's game featured two NFC West teams that both started out 1-0 this season. You would think that they would both come out prepared for this game.

However, this game, one team was prepared, while one team was not.

The Cardinals got the ball to start the game. A few plays into the drive though, John Skelton killed the drive by throwing an interception to Richard Sherman, a Seattle cornerback. However, Seattle was forced to punt the ball away, since they were not quite close enough to attempt the field goal. The next Arizona drive, Skelton threw another interception, this time to Earl Thomas. The Seahawks were able to capitalize on this turnover by a chip shot 22 yd field goal by Steven Hauschka. In the second quarter, the Cardinals finally showed some life. Backed up into their own end zone, John Skelton completed a pass to Robert Housler for a net gain of 57 yards. A few plays later though, Jay Feely's field goal attempt would sail wide right, again leaving the Cardinals scoreless. At the half, the Seahawks would lead 6-0, thanks to another Hauschka field goal.

In the second half, both teams would go three and out. After that, however, the Seahawks drove down the field and scored the game's first touchdown, due to a 7 yard quarterback run by David Garrard. On the Cardinals' next drive, Beanie Wells would finally break through the Seahawks' Defensive line for a 50 yard gain. However, the Cardinals again could not convert that drive into points, and they were forced to punt. The Seahawks' defense really stepped up for this game, sacking John Skelton 6 times, intercepting Skelton 2 times, and only alowing Skelton to complete 6 passes. The Hawks' defense only allowed Arizona to get 177 total offensive yards, and roughly half of those yards came from Robert Housler's 57 yard reception and Beanie Wells' 50 yard run. In the fourth quarter, the Seahawks tacked on another touchdown (a 1 yard Marshwn Lynch run) near the two minute mark to close the game. The final score was 20-0, Seattle.

Hawks' Notes:
Chris Clemons increased his sack total to 6 after tallying two sacks in this game.
David Hawthrone, Red Bryant, and Alan Branch each recorded their first sacks of 2012.
David Garrard made his first start in a Seahawks' uniform, completed just under half of his passes, but added a touchdown run.
Larry Fitzgerald was limited to 13 yards receiving on 3 catches.
Philip Rivers looks to start next Sunday versus the Lions

Week Two Individual Stats

Week Two Scoring Plays