PDA

View Full Version : Dream World

Riko
05-04-2012, 11:54 PM
I'm wanting to use pokesav/pokegen to make pokemon with Dream World abilities that can be used over wifi, but I'm leery about them being detected since I'm unsure about PIDs with the new abilities. People have posted that they have made/gotten them through wifi, ei. Speed Boost Blaziken etc. But if anyone has done this before I'd appreciate it, since as far as I can tell, nintendo should be able to detect it w/o the proper PID for the ability from dream world/breeding.

Also, if anyone knows if the pokemon with a hacked dream world ability can just breed down the ability to a legit pokemon. That would save me some headaches since I don't see how nintendo could detect it. <3

Kyohack
05-09-2012, 07:52 AM
I have successfully passed hack checks for DW Pokemon. To answer your question; yes, you can bread a Pokemon with a hacked DW ability and the offspring should be legit.

The ability bit in the PID is binary, and it can be set to 0 or 1. If your Pokemon has its first possible ability, then Nintendo expects the ability bit in your PID to be 0. If the Pokemon has its second possible ability, then Nintendo expects the bit to be 1. But if the Pokemon can only learn one ability (such as Dream World Pokemon or a Pokemon like Magikarp), then the ability bit does not matter. It is important to remember that the location of the ability bit is different between 4th gen and 5th gen PIDs. In 4th generation PIDs, the ability bit is the last binary bit of the PID. In 5th generation PIDs, the ability bit is the last bit of the first half. For example, if we take the decimal PID 1234567890, and convert it to binary notation in Windows Calculator, then it will look like this:
0100 1001 1001 0110 0000 0010 1101 0010

Notice the binary bit in bold; that is the ability bit for 5th gen PIDs. It is the last bit of the first half. Since this bit is set to 0 in our example, then we would expect our Pokemon to have the first possible ability. However, if we give it a Dream World ability, then it won't matter what the ability bit is set to.

Please let me know if you have any difficulties understanding this.

BetterColor
08-20-2012, 03:09 PM
And I would like to add a question to that. If I create an egg let's say of a dratini with marvelscale and flawless IV's then hatch it will it pass legality check?

Kyohack
08-20-2012, 10:11 PM
And I would like to add a question to that. If I create an egg let's say of a dratini with marvelscale and flawless IV's then hatch it will it pass legality check?
Yes, it is possible to create something like that in Pokesav and have it pass hack checks. The most important thing would be to make sure you have a valid PID.