PDA

View Full Version : Is an Action Replay worth it?

The Tomahawk
06-22-2012, 03:06 AM
I was thinking of getting an AR to be able to do pokesav, however, my past experiences with Action Replays have been crap, with them not working on the computer, only functioning half of the time, ect. I really want to be able to do pokesav for myself so I won't be dependent on other people to give me Pokemon i really just don't want to train.
So, will someone who does pokesav help me decide if I should even get one, just give up the resource, or help me find something else other than AR to do pokesav? And If so, could you tell me where I could get the cheapest one of these?
Much thanks and much love

GhetsisClonedBrother
04-29-2013, 07:20 PM
action replay screws up ur game and its a waste of money, also it falls under the category of unauthorized mods so all of ur games that u play on the same console would become unplayable

Kyohack
04-30-2013, 03:14 PM
action replay screws up ur game and its a waste of money, also it falls under the category of unauthorized mods so all of ur games that u play on the same console would become unplayable
That's not true. Action Replay cheats that are used for one game will not affect your other games. It's impossible for it to affect your other games because when you turn off your DS to insert a different game cartridge, the cheats are no longer effective.

The effects of any cheat (max money, etc.) can ONLY become permanent when you save your game. So, if you don't like what a cheat does, then simply don't save your progress in the game. Cheats that allow infinite health and such, are only active while the Action Replay is running, and therefore are not permanent.

Now, I'm not saying that it's impossible to cause a negative effect in your game. I've seen a few odd things in my Pokemon Diamond game, and I managed to somehow permanently freeze the step counter in my Poketch. But I was very careless, back when I cheated. With moderate care in regards to progress being saved in-game, then nothing bad should happen.

GhetsisClonedBrother
06-25-2013, 03:12 PM
agreeable, but if you play pokemon it can screw up your game, so i wouldnt personaly get one because of their bad reputation, PERSONALY!