PDA

View Full Version : The problem I find with videogames nowadays is....

Zaidon
06-26-2012, 12:35 AM
*In case I place this in the wrong section, please move it to the right section. This is purely out of my speculation, and I am not going to debate about it, it's just my opinion, so please, put down that flamethrower. You can, however say what your thoughts, but do not try to bash anyone else's. Pokestation rules still stand. This also contains satire*

Videogames. We all love playing on them. From timeless classics, to hidden gems, each one with their own pros and cons. Back before you could look up game tips, you needed the magazines like Nintendo Power. Nowadays, it's different. Problems still stand, but these are the 5 problems that can really ruin my experience.

In order:
1. Fans (Bad kind)
2. DLC (or other content you have to buy)
3. Sports games
4. Game reviewers (Looking at you IGN and GameSpot)
5. Installation and loading times

I will start with fans first.

Ever went onto an online forum or YouTube, and just aimlessly just posted your opinion on something? Then all of the sudden you are flamed by all the fans as they erupt in civil war. Comments get bombarded, bikes are dropped, f-bombs reign from the sky, it's a apocalyptic nightmare! When this happens, you are dealing with the fandumb. Any time you post an opinion about something, it seems they leap onto it and practically force you to accept their opinion is right.

And then you get the forums, oh boy, what's better, an odd flame battle or entire sections of the Internet sectioned of for the debate of the best Zelda game ever. Seriously, with the fans bashing every game and praising the games they like, and seem to come from the darkest depths of the Sonic the Hedgehog fanbase. Let's take Zelda for an example. Wind Waked is bashed and battered to death for what? It's Cel-shaded. The gameplay? It's Cel-shaded. The music? It's cel-shaded.

Seriously, without the Internet, this would never happen, but because it exists, you must obey the fans.

Why I find it bad?
It just goes to show that people do not do the research. They keep having inaccuracies about the work, and they probably never even played it. All they seem to do is ruin your fun by keep raging on you for having an opinion.

The real life version:

Buying a happy meal and getting raged at for not having a burger, and then you say the graphics of the toy is bad, to which the other person bashes the whole concept of it, except one detail.

DLC

Ever went on those rides for 25 pence, and after a while, you pay to stay on it? Well then you have DLC in a nutshell. What you have is to pay for more expansions for your game. That's right, you have to pay for more enjoyment, out of a game, you already payed for. Let's take Battlefield, for example. The guns are on the disk, and you either a. Work yourself into getting those guns, or b. Buying the DLC to use those guns. What's the point of this? If the guns are on the disk, let me have them, not conserve my time to fork my money over to unlock content on the disk I ALREADY BOUGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

The worst game that does this? As said, Battlefield is a good example, but there are worse. The non-DLC version of this is Spyros Skylanders. You are given 3 characters at the beginning, which is enough to complete the game, but you need 18 of these things to see the entire game. What bull**** is this? I already bought the game, now I need to spend more money to see the entire game?

Why this is a problem? Just read above.

Real life version

Buying a car with a radio, except to unlock the radio you need to buy it, along with radio stations.

Sports games

Imagine this. Imagine a game which reuses the same content over and over again, and seems to come more and more early. Well you have the sports genre. Not that I dislike it, just what they do in it. EA games, for example, keep reusing the same engine in FIFA, hardly any improvements, and just seems, same-ish after all this time. This is why real life cannot be used for sports, as it moves too quickly.

I love it. You go into a game shop, and you see all the previous EA sports game just plaster the walls, to remind everyone that 30 pounds can become 20 pence. Why buy a game that's like this? I don't have enough money to keep splashing at EA sports to keep up with the time. FIFA 12 was released in 11, when FIFA 11 was still going good. In fact, over time, they barely even upgrade anything, and it just feels the same like last game.

Why I hate this? We are all giant suckers for liking this.

Real life version

Keep upgrading your car till each one is more identical than the last.

*Cont next post*

Zaidon
06-26-2012, 12:58 AM
Game Reviewers

Now we're getting into the big league. Remember when GameSpot and IGN were trustworthy? Well not anymore. Nowadays, I need to take a gamble because of the phoney scores they give. One time, on GameSpot 2007, Jane and Lynch was advertised throughout GameSpot like it's a blockbuster masterpiece. The score? 6.0. It got a Fair by the reviewer. Considering what the people who played it said, that review is.much better than it sounds. What happened to the reviewer? He was sacked for doing HIS JOB.

Because of the marketing endorsement, the reviewer was fired so that game would get a better score, so they threw him onto the street because he done his job. I can't play on any game now incase my money is wasted, it doesn't grow on trees nor do I have an infinite amount of money.

Why I hate this? Game reviewers will lie through their teeth if you pay them enough. Plus, they threw an innocent man on the street, because he gave a right verdict on the game. We are in a world of freedom of speech, don't tell me your fired for supporting a bad game. Plus, this makes it more likely for me to get suckered into buying bad games, because I can't trust the review.

Real life version:

Someone being payed to tell you that sandwich contains chocolate, but it's actually human excrement.

Installation and loading times.

I hate this. Every disc just seems to want to install something onto my consoles. The Wii avoids this, but the PS3 and Xbox 360 suffer with it the most. I seen games you have to install for an hour before you play them. And then the loading times. Even if it's installed, it goes slower than my granny in heavy traffic. This is the console of the future, why does it take longer? The NES had faster loading games, and this was the 80s, nows the 10s, so they had long enough.

Do you want me to tell you the best game that avoids this? Xenoblade Chronicles, on the Wii. It never loads, and when it does, it's before a cutscene, or when you load a save file. And this is on the Wii, a game with a disc packed with so much data, and it runs laps around the processing of both these consoles. And the Wii is less powerful, so why install games onto the PS3 and Xbox, why? Would it run slower? If so, why not upgrade the engine. Seriously, I seen loading screens last over an hour.

Real life example

A less powerful computer working faster than the 2 high end super computers.

You can now post.