PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black 2 & White Translation Project Q&A Thread!

Tidus
06-26-2012, 01:13 AM
In order to make it easier for us to moderate the main translation thread, we've decided to keep a separate thread for your questions. If you're having trouble with the latest patch or if you need help with your emulator/flashcart: this is the right thread to post in!

Before asking a question PLEASE make sure to read the FAQ which can be located HERE! (https://github.com/Kyohack/B2W2eng/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions) If your question has not already been answered there or anywhere in this thread then please feel free to ask. If it has, do not post; you will be infracted. Search the forums for a little bit just in case.

Want your questions answered immediately?! Join our IRC channel by visiting our webchat (http://pokecheats.net/chat.php)!

REMEMBER:

Do not ask for ROMs and do not share them!!
Do not use automatic translators!
You can change the language of Pokémon names in the settings.
Since version 1.3, the patch is confirmed to work by itself without any other changes. (you don't need to apply other patches or mess with the ROM)
Please report your issues, by visiting our GitHub and pressing "New issue". (https://github.com/Kyohack/B2W2eng/issues)
If you have a mac, then use this patching utility instead: http://projects.sappharad.com/tools/multipatch.html

Instructions:
Below, I have attached a ROM patch that reflects our progress so far. I have also included the xDelta ROM patching utility. Make sure you use a clean un-edited ROM when applying the patch. Since version 1.2, the translation patch includes the 2CH AP Fix v2, so you do not need to patch for anti-piracy. To patch the ROM, download and then unzip the file below. Then open the xdeltaUI mod program, and select the patch file. Then choose your clean ROM for the source file. After that, type a name like pokemon.nds for the output file. Press apply and wait for it to say "Patch successful". Make sure that your ROM has the same name as your save file. If your flash cart has trouble, then make sure you have the latest firmware, and then copy all files from your SD card to your computer, then format your SD card, then copy your files back to your SD card.

Having trouble?
If you are experiencing lag, glitches, or random freezes, then format your SD card with the Panasonic SD Formatter (http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-panasonic-sd-formatter-31-windows-f27344.html). Do not trim the ROM. Make sure your flashcart is using the latest firmware. See below, for specific instructions for your emulator or flashcart:

Desmume 0.9.8:

Confirmed working with Desmume 0.9.8: http://desmume.org/download/

No$GBA 2.6a:

Confirmed working with No$GBA 2.6, when this AR cheat is run in RAW mode:
52004EA0 E8BD01F0
02004EA0 EAFFF25C
E2001800 0000005C
E92D4008 E3A00000
E3A0150E E2811A06
E5810B44 EA5FE9F2
E59F4034 E59F5034
E5845000 E59F4020
E5945000 E59F601C
E1550006 03A05001
05C4500A 03A05000
E1445DB4 E8BD01F0
EA000D95 021809E0
28AAFF1F 037FBFE0
EAA01606 00000000
D0000000 00000000

R4:

Confirmed working with R4, when the wood 1.49 firmware is used: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-wood-r4-149-f29437.html
Also make sure to disable the soft-reset and cheat options.

R4i Gold:

Confirmed working with R4i Gold, when the wood 1.49 firmware is used: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-wood-r4-149-f29437.html

R4SDHC:

Confirmed working with R4SDHC, when the wood 1.42 firmware is used: http://woodforr4sdhc.yolasite.com/resources/Wood%20For%20R4SDHC%20v1.42.zip

Supercard DSONE:

Confirmed working with Supercard DSONE, using latest EOS(SP6) with the latest ndsinfo.dat and userpatch.dat available on the official forums.

Supercard DSTWO:

Confirmed working with Supercard DSTWO, using Firmware v1.15 + EOS v1.11 2012-05-21.

DSTTi:

Confirmed working with DSTTi, using these DATs: http://uploadmirrors.com/download/AJIDJQZP/DATS_V6040_V1.ZIP

Acekard 2i:

Confirmed working with Acekard 2i, when using AKAIO 1.8.9z:
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-akaio-189z-f27280.html

iEDGE:

Confirmed working with iEDGE, when using v2.3 OS.

EZVi:

Confirmed working with EZVi, when using F108 H805 Kernel 3.0B8.

thaney
06-26-2012, 01:22 AM
If I may ask, what is currently being focused on by the team that's translating this? Are they working on file "2" or file "3"?

Kyohack
06-26-2012, 01:23 AM
We are working on both files. Check the GitHub, and you will notice that there is a folder for each.

panosuchiha
06-26-2012, 01:24 AM
question answered

KingErazer
06-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Why did the download links get removed?

Leanny
06-26-2012, 01:33 AM
panosuchiha
Because we translate random and not in line. E.G. I pick a random file and translate it. Also the story texts are not in the right order, so it happens that we translate more stuff that is "not needed" that stuff that is related to the story

janngo
06-26-2012, 01:39 AM
Hi I'm new here but I've read every post here all 1,017 of them, and I hate to be impatiant but I was wondering since It's past 6:30PM shouldn't the new version of the patch be available to download on the 1st post like all the others?

Tidus
06-26-2012, 01:46 AM
The next patch will be released a bit late due to Kyohack (the project head) handling a lot of contributions. We hate to make you feel impatient but we're moving as fast as we can while fixing all the errors in the process.

The attachments should be back up now, they were accidentally removed.

KingErazer
06-26-2012, 02:15 AM
The next patch will be released a bit late due to Kyohack (the project head) handling a lot of contributions. We hate to make you feel impatient but we're moving as fast as we can while fixing all the errors in the process.

The attachments should be back up now, they were accidentally removed.
Thank you for keeping us informed, much appreciated.

Hitokiri Battousai
06-26-2012, 02:17 AM
just to be sure would bug reports and list go in this topic or the main one i would think the main one but i would like to be 100% sure on the matter

janngo
06-26-2012, 02:19 AM
Thank you for keeping us informed, much appreciated.

Yes thank you very much for doing all of this, and keeping us informed of whats going on.

Tidus
06-26-2012, 02:39 AM
Want your questions answered immediately?! Join our IRC channel by visiting our webchat (http://pokecheats.net/chat.php)!

Doom Dawg
06-26-2012, 03:40 AM
Is it possible to patch the clean rom on a mac. If there is how? If there is not could you guys make the pre-patched rom available for download together with the latest patch.

XoLWOX
06-26-2012, 10:30 AM
will you guys fix all errors for this card 803-- as i cant get past the professor asking me for my name and it will not save

im running the latest dsi menu and the lastest r4i firmware everything is updated trust me

DeanV255
06-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the translation. I really wish i had taken that course in Japanese culture and language now haha.

I'm just wondering, on the "Github" - https://github.com/Kyohack
I see a file was updated 25 mins ago, is this the best placed to get the most upto date translations as it's done in real time? or should i just wait for the OP on the other forum to update it officaly to v1.5? cheers

_DeoXyZ_
06-27-2012, 11:37 AM
a little dumb question , when i start my saved data , dex is showed with Japenese language.any instructions?
oh yeah , i use desmume 0.9.8 , i use normal save and sometimes quick stat save ( shift + f1 for saving in slot 1 and f1 to load slot1) can anybody help , i'll appreciate that.

MagnaPok
06-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi guys I have the party/stat freezes on my r4-sdhc, I'm using the latest firmware... I also got the retrogamerfans flashcart TTMenu.. updated the dats. I have tried 1.5 patch. Everything works fine, I can play and save, but I can't check my party, or switch my pokemon around.. or give them items (out of battle). Can you help me?

Heatley91
06-27-2012, 12:17 PM
will you guys fix all errors for this card 803-- as i cant get past the professor asking me for my name and it will not save

im running the latest dsi menu and the lastest r4i firmware everything is updated trust me

i'm having the exact problem with the R4i-SDHC 3DS. Any help would be appreciated. Also if possible could you explain to me now, rather than linking me to another post?

_DeoXyZ_
06-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi guys I have the party/stat freezes on my r4-sdhc, I'm using the latest firmware... I also got the retrogamerfans flashcart TTMenu.. updated the dats. I have tried 1.5 patch. Everything works fine, I can play and save, but I can't check my party, or switch my pokemon around.. or give them items (out of battle). Can you help me?
i've heard of this bug and i think i can help you with a little trick :) it's helpful but not useful in routes and caves etc..
whenever you wanna switch party , go to pokemon center , just use move pokemon or deposit and withdraw command to
change setting of you party.
about giving them items i have no idea , that's all things i can give right now.
i'm looking for another way to fix tis problem

Linklamuryah
06-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Good afternoon guys, I'm playing (trying) on no$GBA 1.6 (whit $Zoomer).
In order to play, I need the patched rom + the AR posted on first page, ok but the games freezes on start screen. To solve this I needed to check the EX5 on Other\EXTRA tab[Zoomer only]. (the games goes lazy (80% I think) but the sound runs fine)
Now something new: the game don't save...
Someone knows how to solve?

_DeoXyZ_
06-27-2012, 10:26 PM
i dunno about that , but if you want my advice , use DeSmUmE , it's working fast for me with the right options for pkmn B2 (disable time bus skiping or something , fram skip 4 and no limit fps , and first 3 seeting of 3d disabled and sound with low quality and the game's speed like deoxys speed form :D well at least for my pc ;)

Linklamuryah
06-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Ok, I'll try later...

xashabellax
06-28-2012, 05:34 PM
i dunno about that , but if you want my advice , use DeSmUmE , it's working fast for me with the right options for pkmn B2 (disable time bus skiping or something , fram skip 4 and no limit fps , and first 3 seeting of 3d disabled and sound with low quality and the game's speed like deoxys speed form :D well at least for my pc ;)

This helped me ton ty ty <3!! :)

_DeoXyZ_
06-28-2012, 10:49 PM
glad to help , and i want to inform you guys another things , well theres some happy news for DeSmUmE users , the DSMM team is working and trying to fix the emulators lagg , they are making a more accurated frame skip now you can even skip a bigger amount of frame per seconds without game mess up , a friend of mine called sergio is one of the testers of this new function in 0.9.9 version (but adding good accurance takes a time , maybe this function will be in 0.10.0 ), and he said without any doubts , desmume will beat no cash gba with these new cool abilities :)

another thing , the reason why no$gba sucks at emulating because the team focus on emulating two kind of games which are gba and nds with 1 system.

poloyou
06-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Is there any way to add these patches to roms that are being used on Macs? And if there is, does any one know how to go about this? Im tired of Japanese. shah

sarcool003
06-29-2012, 01:39 AM
for mac users who can't patch their roms, one thing you can do is go to youtube and search up TheHeatedMo (it's not me btw) go to his channel and there should be a video about the translation patch. click on the video and in the description there will be links to clean black 2 and white 2 roms and prepatched roms. im using the prepatched and it works fine.

Linklamuryah
06-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Hey, _DeoXyZ_!!
Please, informe us when the new version come out.. I like the little No$gba a lot, but I wanna try the Desmume...
------------
Never mind.
I grabbed Desmume 0.9.8 in Filetrip. Sets the paths and done! No tweek or mod on config. was necessary.

_DeoXyZ_
06-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Good for you! the next version of desmume will be 0.9.9 , some people says it'll be out this months , but it's probably just fake rumors 'cause the new accurated skip version will be a hardcore for all the programmers.
i check desmume.org/downloads everyday. when the new version come out , this site will be the first one to put it for downloads!

Linklamuryah
07-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Ok, we're counting on you! :)

_DeoXyZ_
07-03-2012, 12:24 PM
*NEW* 0.9.8 for mac , for mac users , seach for a PRE-PATCHED roms , and download desmume 0.9.8 for mac from http://desmume.org/download/ , and play perfectly fine like other windows users!

nightspades
07-03-2012, 07:01 PM
I would just like to note that I can confirm that Black 2 translation works on my 3DS with R43DS on 1.59b firmware

guisadop
07-03-2012, 10:15 PM
what changed in v1.7?

Rikrik
07-04-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm using my r4i-sdhc to try and play, but when the gamefreak logo movie passes, and that little movie of a pokemon after that, my screen just stays black. When i turn on the sound it does keep going, but it sounds a bit off, like it's not running at 100% speed.

Anyone else that has this problem, and how do i fix this?

I updated the card to the latest firmware (1.59b) and used a clean rom. Using a fat DS, the first generation silver one.

Edit: Hmm when i leave it on for about 5 minutes on that black screen the "Press start" screen appears, and the game works. But i get random freezes a lot :(

kaim18
07-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Having problems on patch 1.7, either the patcher or the patch itself is faulty, tried patching a clean rom with 1.7 and all i get is rom load error when booting up the game, patch 1.3 works perfectly though. Also patch 1.3 trims the rom to 300mb while 1.7 keeps it at default 500mb is it supposed to work this way? Thanks in advance!

_DeoXyZ_
07-05-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm using my r4i-sdhc to try and play, but when the gamefreak logo movie passes, and that little movie of a pokemon after that, my screen just stays black. When i turn on the sound it does keep going, but it sounds a bit off, like it's not running at 100% speed.

Anyone else that has this problem, and how do i fix this?

I updated the card to the latest firmware (1.59b) and used a clean rom. Using a fat DS, the first generation silver one.

Edit: Hmm when i leave it on for about 5 minutes on that black screen the "Press start" screen appears, and the game works. But i get random freezes a lot :(

Disable cheats , and somekind of reset option , i dunno ... wait for some other members who's using r4i , i just want to tell you this problem is fixable so no worries
kaim18 , i already answered you , no need to spam , it's normal.

_DeoXyZ_
07-05-2012, 11:45 PM
thanks so much for the comfirmation , Tidus will add it once he see this , if not i'll send him a pm. no worries.

bloothe
07-06-2012, 06:33 AM
how can i convert a previous sav to be used on the latest patches of the translations? btw Im running it under desume and whenever i try to just use the sav file it crashes when i step out side the house or talk to anyone

Bolt
07-06-2012, 06:44 AM
Didn't realize there was a Q&A thread, so I'll just quote myself here

First things first, thank you very much for the patch. Though the earliest ones were all I really needed *stats, name moves* but going this far is also appreciated.

Though I have a question, to the op and other translators helping with this, about how people go about using the patches.

What's your opinion on certain channels on youtube using the translated patches for their videos? Partner Channels like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6bkwT3F8JY ? Is something like frowned upon or would credit towards the translators in the video info or video itself warrant an ok?

If this kind of question shouldn't be asked I apologize.And your general thoughts on other people doing so. Are you personally alright with this sort of thing? Personally being that people put their hard work/free time into this translation, I more than realized it would be better to ask in advance instead of just going for it/posting videos of said translation/making a walk through.

Rikrik
07-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Disable cheats , and somekind of reset option , i dunno ... wait for some other members who's using r4i , i just want to tell you this problem is fixable so no worries

The crashes/freezes happened with DMA, cheats and soft reset off. But i noticed a post in the translation topic stating that actually turning those 3 on (cheats on without any cheats activated) fixes it. I've been playing for about 2 hours in a row now and no crash/freeze so far :)

_DeoXyZ_
07-07-2012, 12:14 PM
The crashes/freezes happened with DMA, cheats and soft reset off. But i noticed a post in the translation topic stating that actually turning those 3 on (cheats on without any cheats activated) fixes it. I've been playing for about 2 hours in a row now and no crash/freeze so far :)

Good for you :D
Bolts , i'm from the french translating team but i can tell you that the kyohack( the op ) and the whole patchers don't give a damn thing to cradit , we offer this patch for public like all other patches for previous games. bloothe , check this topic :
http://pokecheats.net/forum/showthread.php?14204-How-to-bring-a-save-from-a-old-patch-to-a-new-one-(-DeSmuME-)
it's a topic about swtching save from a old patched rom to new patched one. it's 100% working. :)

Anubhavkumarc
07-08-2012, 09:50 AM
None of the passwords is working for plasma frigate, english translation v1.8, plz help.....

Charity
07-08-2012, 02:39 PM
I have same problem in pokemon white 2, please fix it up : (

_DeoXyZ_
07-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Use tha WalkThrough walls actionreplay cheats.
Here:
Walk Through Walls v2 (L+A=On, L+B=Off)
94000130 FDFF0000
A4000130 FFFC0003
DA000000 04000130
D7000000 02000DFE
D2000000 00000000
5219B5CC D0002901
1219B5D0 00002004
92000DFE FFFC0002
1219B5D0 00002002
D2000000 00000000

L+A to activate and L+B to disactivate! and don't pass through the lazer itself , go through the walls near then come behind them.
and ta-da , your fighting ghetsis. :D

iG I Vizard
07-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Good afternoon all,

after looking thru various sites (this one included) i seem to not be the only one with the Pokemon White 2 freeze issue when i converse with Colress during the Route 4 encounter. I have tried patching it with the most recent translation as someone suggested but it still freezes at the same spot. Right as he says "well then or so then". I also saw one post that mentioned it was being looked into and would take some time. This site seems to be the most knowledgeable so my question would be this...

1. is there a fix for this issue yet?

i would dislike to start a fresh start with the black 2 version. Since i like the pokemon i roster i have in the white 2 version. Any Intel would be most appreciated.

Tidus
07-28-2012, 07:29 AM
I've added a link to a FAQ which was compiled by vinnymac, much thanks goes to him. Make sure to browse this forum section before asking a question because it really is a waste of time if you're asking questions that have already been answered - so please take the time to look through some threads.

Additionally, if you would be so kind enough; it would be appreciated if you message vinnymac other common questions that have been answered which are not already in the FAQ.

Check out the FAQ (https://github.com/Kyohack/B2W2eng/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions)

PSN_Jwoyal
08-04-2012, 02:41 PM
How come the patch is updated more slowly these days?

aeolus426
09-10-2012, 04:10 PM
what are the game id for the latest patches? i tried looking but i cant find them.

Th3DarKnight
09-12-2012, 05:17 AM
Whenever I patch the file, it never comes out as a .nds file, always just a file. yeah, thats what the file is named, file. Any way to fix this? Because I REALLY don't want to go through a thirty minute download for pokemon black.

pikalaxalt
09-12-2012, 05:08 PM
So that's it? Because I was just going to go through the GitHub and update all the files containing "Yamaji" to instead read "Lentimas" as per the confirmed localization. Also, "Rebirth/Reverse Mountain" is now "Reversal Mountain". This was confirmed Monday - the same day of the project closure.

EDIT: Also, Black Skyscraper = Black Tower, and White Tree Hollow = White Treehollow.

Xenirina
09-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Well, that's the end of the translation project I'd say.
The English release isn't too far away, so I'm not that annoyed at the stoppage of the project. Hopefully an leak of the ROM will appear soon.

evilhotice
09-14-2012, 01:38 AM
i'm using desmume 9.7 and black 2 with latest patch and i'm able to connect to the SoftAP connection but when i go to mystery gift-->Receive gift-->Nintendo WFC and then it says unable to connect to nintendo wfc. there was no error code. Did they block the connections or something?

asdfth12
09-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Not sure what patcher you are using, but if you are putting in a custom name for the patched rom then you need to include .nds at the end of it.

aeolus426
09-14-2012, 05:08 PM
what are the game id for the latest patches? i tried looking but i cant find them.

Platinum Lucario
09-15-2012, 07:01 PM
You should be able to find it by opening the ROM using a program called Tinke. The game code for the translation patch is IREJ for Black 2. And I forgot what the other one was, but you can indeed find it by using Tinke.

galakhero44
09-16-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm kinda facing a problem here. I've found a clean ROM, but when patching, when I need to name the Patched rom, It says; "Xdelta3 : Too many filenames" and then a load of jibirish! D:
What am I doing wrong?

firesordd
10-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I want to add codes to the game but what is the game id for Pokemon White 2 (patched with version 2.3)
Can't find it by Tinke

khairi17
01-21-2013, 10:58 AM
i tried downloading the 2.3 eng patch and after i click the link, it directs me to : http://pokecheats.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=970&d=1344934378

and the download doesnt show up. help, please?