PDA

View Full Version : MadCatz PS3 controller

Kyohack
10-20-2012, 08:55 AM
I recently bought a MadCatz PS3 controller on clearance for $15. The controller communicates wirelessly to a USB stick that must be inserted into the PS3, rather than connecting directly to the PS3's bluetooth wireless. To my surprise, Windows 7 recognized the hardware as a "PS3 RF pad" model game controller, and all of the buttons and joysticks functioned properly when tested in the device properties.

I wanted to use the controller with desmume, but desmume's control config refused to detect any buttons being pressed. So, I used GlovePIE 0.43 to map my controller's buttons to keyboard keys. Here's my .PIE GlovePIE configuration if anyone else happens to have a MadCatz PS3 controller:

taiwankid
06-12-2014, 01:05 AM
I recently bought a MadCatz PS3 controller on clearance for $15. The controller communicates wirelessly to a USB stick that must be inserted into the PS3, rather than connecting directly to the PS3's bluetooth wireless. To my surprise, Windows 7 recognized the hardware as a "PS3 RF pad" model game controller, and all of the buttons and joysticks functioned properly when tested in the device properties.

I wanted to use the controller with desmume, but desmume's control config refused to detect any buttons being pressed. So, I used GlovePIE 0.43 to map my controller's buttons to keyboard keys. Here's my .PIE GlovePIE configuration if anyone else happens to have a MadCatz PS3 controller:

is there way to speed the controller its has a slow reaction time

Kyohack
06-15-2014, 03:52 PM
is there way to speed the controller its has a slow reaction time
I haven't noticed any reaction time issues. Perhaps your batteries need replaced? I sometimes experience a bit of lag when my game controllers are low on battery.

ed2142
06-28-2014, 07:48 PM
My controller doesn't seem to work at all, it just blinks and nothing seems to happen?

Coldfire242
06-07-2015, 07:35 PM
What about right stick function? is there any way to map buttons to the right stick?

Coldfire242
06-07-2015, 07:51 PM
What about right stick function? is there any way to map buttons to the right stick?

I added Right Stick function to the script!

Key.H = Joystick.z = 1 //Rightstick right
Key.F = Joystick.z = -1 //Rightstick left
Key.G = Joystick1.zrotation = 1 //Rightstick down
Key.T = Joystick1.zrotation = -1 //Rightstick up