PDA

View Full Version : Keep conecting to real GTS no matter what I try!

wlcom2domiville
01-27-2013, 07:02 AM
I've seen this topic asked a couple times, but I haven't yet seen an answer that has helped me. I have followed the instructions in the FAQ perfectly, I've typed in the custom DNS for both primary and secondary, but I still go to the real GTS every time. I have tried this on both a DSi and 3DS, with Pearl, White, and White2, but every time gets the same result. Is there any reason why I might not be able to connect?

I have seen someone mention that my internet connection may be blocking me from going to a custom DNS, is there any way I can bypass that if that is the case? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Kyohack
02-23-2013, 10:58 PM
DSi and 3DS consoles can store up to 6 internet connections. 3 of them are in the internet connection settings, and the other 3 are in "Nintendo DS Connections." If you have multiple connections saved on your console, you'll need to specify the DNS for each of them.

If that doesn't help, then yes, it is possible that your internet service provider may be forcing you to use their DNS. If that is the case, then there is nothing you can do to bypass it. I would strongly recommend using a different internet connection, if possible. Remember that if you use a different internet connection, then you'll need to resend any Pokemon that you've sent, since the GTS tracks Pokemon requests by your IP.