PDA

View Full Version : PID IV Generation Help?

Jousis
05-08-2013, 02:07 AM
So for the past 3 days, I've been trying to pokesav a 6-pokemon team that I can use in random matchup online singles.
I have previously created a 3-pokemon team with no issues that passes the legality check.

The problem, after much testing, is definitely the PID generator.
What I did with the 3-pokemon team was I set all the IV's to 31, and put the HP type on dark (as it would normally be), but left the HP Power blank. This generated pokemon with 31 of each IV that passed the legality check.

A few days and some connection issues later (the 20100 error that Kyohack just resolved), I try the same thing with the BW2 pokesav (I was using the BW generator for the 3-pokemon team, received the pokemon on BW2, passed the legality check), and it acts totally strange. If I set all the IV's to 31, any nature, any HP type, and leave the HP power blank, it generates a pokemon with 31 of each IV, but it doesn't pass the legality check. I put in 70 for the power, and it says the power is too high. I put in a lower power, or change a few of the 31 IV's to 30 (I even tried 0 a few times), and the generator screws up the IV's to a random number between 1-20, but the pokemon pass the legality check.

Basically, I just want to be able to make a pokemon with 31 of each IV (I'd settle for 29-31 for some of them) that passes the legality check, with whatever hidden power type and power. Is there any way for me to know what I'm supposed to put in the IV's, type, and power to make it the highest IV's it can possibly be and still pass the legality check? Or is there a difference between the BW generator and the BW2 generator? (I'd much prefer to use the BW2 one as it is in alphabetical order.)

Kyohack
06-20-2013, 01:05 AM
Thank you for letting me know. The PID generator shouldn't be negatively affecting legality as you have described. I have been investigating this issue, and I am working towards a solution. I'll post a news update on the main site when this issue has been resolved.

To answer your question; no, there currently aren't any differences between the BW and B2W2 PID generators. The only difference is that the B2W2 Online Pokesav includes a few extra Pokémon, items, locations, etc. than the BW Online Pokesav.