PDA

View Full Version : Persona 3 movie announced

Uzi
06-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Heyooooooooo.

So yeah, there's going to be a Persona 3 movie if anyone is familiar with the series. A preview was shown in the credits of the Persona 4 true end which aired in Japanese theaters yesterday.

I need to get around to watching Persona 4 since I can't play it

Source (http://sgcafe.com/2012/06/persona-3-theatrical-release-announced-after-the-credits-in-persona-4-movie/)

XpL
06-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Uzi only one in theatre? Maybe.
jk.

Spitfire
06-15-2012, 03:30 AM
I am actually excited for this, I enjoy P3 much more than P4 so I am hoping it'll be very good.

Uzi
06-15-2012, 08:17 AM
From what I've seen of P4, I personally think it is the better game. Persona 3 is just all over the place.

Tartarus makes noooooooo sense at all. I should pick up the P4 game pretty soon too. I have pretty high hopes for the movie too. Waiting for delicious Mitsuru. <3

Majorasfan
07-23-2013, 07:28 AM
Just bumping this thread (It's actually the oldest thread in the section at the time of bumping) because the new trailer was just released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4YDyDg76rcw

For fans of Persona, what do you think? Will it be a good adaption? For non-fans, would you be interested in seeing the films?

My personal take is that I like Persona 3 a lot, and I'm glad it's getting an adaption. Since this is the first movie, it looks like they'll be taking things slowly, which is really good - I don't want them to skim the story. I'll definitely be watching this though once it releases in the fall season this year.

marissachu
07-23-2013, 07:38 AM
Oh my god it's beautiful ;___;

I will definitely watch this, both P3 and and P4 are freaking incredible games and I'm pumped that P3 is finally getting some awesome animated art (the cutscenes in game just look messy sometimes). I just hope they give the story the attention it deserves, I'm not sure how condensed they'll have to make it.

Also marry me Akihiko-senpai~

Majorasfan
07-23-2013, 07:42 AM
Oh my god it's beautiful ;___;

I will definitely watch this, both P3 and and P4 are freaking incredible games and I'm pumped that P3 is finally getting some awesome animated art (the cutscenes in game just look messy sometimes). I just hope they give the story the attention it deserves, I'm not sure how condensed they'll have to make it.

Also marry me Akihiko-senpai~

COuldn't agree more. The art looks great, and the cutscenes are definitely not too amazing, even with FES. This is finally gonna give it the attention it deserves, and hopefully put it up with P4 as well.

And Akihiko is seriously like my second favorite character, second only to Aigis. It's not possible to dislike Aigis, I don't think. xD

Will
07-23-2013, 12:17 PM
I'm knocking on the edge of finishing Persona 4 and have already completed 3. I think 4 is the better game but the build up to 3's conclusion is better. Should be an interesting watch though. It makes me a little skeptical to cram everything from that huge game into a movie but it's better than nothing.

(Here's hoping for a Persona 5 announcement in 2014)

Merga
07-23-2013, 12:40 PM
I can't wait for this movie to start. I've beaten 3 already, and the game is really beautiful (had 4 until summer school ends, but didn't get close to beating it). Totally check it out sometime, even if you haven't played the games (same with the Persona 4 anime. It's actually really good).

@Nick: Aigis is my favorite character as well. The only person who comes close to Aigis is probably Elizabeth though. That wallet man, it's like, bottomless.
@Will: Persona 5 is in development as I am typing this.

Will
07-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Mega: Yeah, I just wish they would announce it or give us a teaser image. I'm really curious what the protagonist will look like this time around. I'm thinking it might be a female. xD

I will say to those who want to give P3 or P4 a go and want to see/do everything, look up a max social link guide to help you through the non-dungeon elements since it's near impossible to max out everything if you've never experienced this kind of game before.