PDA

View Full Version : 5th Gen, which system do you want it on?

NintendoMiner
06-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Ok, there is a HUGE debate on what platform the next gen of Pokemon will be on. Personally, I think it will be 3ds only because it's new along with the new Pokemon. Share your thoughts below!

BreeZaps
06-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Its on the DS :/ I wanted it on the 3DS

Tuxy
06-09-2012, 06:52 PM
B2/W2 are gonna be for the DS, but the main games after that are probably going to be on the 3DS. I'm very curious on how they'll implement 3D in Pokémon.

SS_Kyohack
06-09-2012, 08:36 PM
GameFreak has had their 3DS dev kit for a few years, and I'm surprised that they haven't worked on any releases besides the Pokedexes and Dream Radar. However, after looking at the C++ source code files for Pokemon White, it appears that they experimented with it on the 3DS.

Right now, there aren't as many 3DS users to justify that release.

X!!
06-12-2012, 12:41 PM
I think they'll release 5th gen Pokemon games on the DS. If Nintendo releases any Pokemon game on the 3DS (with the exception of Pokemon Rumble Blast), it'll probably be 6th gen

SFB
06-13-2012, 03:54 AM
I wish it was on 3ds. I just hope Gamefreak take advantage in their next game to see how envoirments look.

Prospering
06-13-2012, 04:17 AM
It would be really cool if they made the next pokemon on a different console like xbox but obviously that wont happen. I don't care if its on 3ds or ds because my 3ds can also play 3ds games and pokemon just doesnt seem good in 3d.

DeMrTeunio
06-13-2012, 07:48 AM
I'm really don't care for 5th gen that much, but I do understand that they release B2/W2 on the DS instead of the 3DS. Way more people have a regular DS or DSLite than a 3DS.

Christian
06-13-2012, 10:59 AM
For me it doesn't really matter but I'd like and hope for it to be on 3ds.

ShadowMr.L
06-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Is it really gonna be on the DS? Hm. Not a problem to me, though I know 3DS users aren't/won't be happy all too much. (I think)

Triplewolf
06-13-2012, 02:47 PM
I just don't really understand why release game on previous gen system instead on the current gen system. I know that the DS was the 2nd most sold system only beat by the PS2, but still. The 3DS has been out for a year and I don't know what Game Freak is doing.

Zachgoose
06-14-2012, 05:21 PM
This is what I am predicting:
-BW2 come out on the DS
-Ruby and Sapphire remakes are announced for the 3DS
-Everyone (including me) finally buys a 3DS just for the remakes.

I mean, they have to be done with main series Pokemon games on the DS soon...

We have:
Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, White, Black 2, White 2...

Nine games for the DS already. >.<

Blue
06-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Nintendo released black and white two on the ds because there are more ds consoles then 3ds.

I personally the next game is gonna be on the 3ds

Super Skarmory
06-14-2012, 07:55 PM
I am an outspoken critic of Pokemon's decision to release the games on the DS and I'm quite frankly disgusted with the decision. The favorite argument of everybody who has spoken in defense of it being released for the DS has stated that it is better because more people own the DS. Here is why this argument is stupid. You know why there aren't a lot of people who own the 3DS? Because Nintendo has failed in releasing a large number of good games, Nintendo has failed to motivate people to buy the 3DS, because of this fact, and contrary to what a lot of people seem to think, the 3DS has actually sold very well and a lot of people do own it. If Pokemon released these games on the 3DS, everyone who wanted those games would buy a 3DS just like Zach said the remakes would make them buy it. The truth is that any main Pokemon games (not spinoffs like Pokemon Rumble Blast) would make people buy the 3DS, there is no doubt in my mind that Pokemon games on the 3DS would sell 3DSs because Pokemon sells like crazy and people are willing to do whatever it takes to play their Pokemon games. It wasn't until I went to MagFest in January when in dawned on me how much Pokemon sells, and now I understand why I get the views I get on YouTube and how I became as popular as I did, I'm surprised it took me that long to realize it.

Anyways, I bought a 3DS to play new games designed for the 3DS, I have moved on in the gaming world because that is what happens, you create new systems to improve the quality and capability of the games that are released. You can always go back and play games on old systems, but it's time to move on and clear way for the new. If you don't want to buy the 3DS, that's fine, but I want my new Pokemon games in the quality that I paid for when I bought my 3DS, and if people don't want to pay for it, that is there problem, and I was one of the people who bought it before the price drop. Very foolish imo, even though it will sell more Pokemon games since more people do own a DS (I'm not denying this), it still only hurts Nintendo in the long run because it continues to not give a reason for people to buy the 3DS. Pokemon is one of Nintendo's best selling series and you have to take advantage of that to sell systems.

tl;dr It's time to move on, get with the times already Pokemon.

Dabottle
06-14-2012, 10:21 PM
It's stupid that they're being released on the DS because that gives them no excuse to not give us New Mystery (FE12). Screw you, Nintendo.

However, yes, the next games will probably be for the 3DS. I believe it's just a case of them using the same engine.

Missingno
06-14-2012, 10:25 PM
I think that black and white 2 will be for the 3DS because the pokemon website says this

"Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 have a special connection with Pokémon Dream Radar for the Nintendo 3DS system. The Pokémon you obtain in Pokémon Dream Radar can be sent to your Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 game! Get more information on Pokémon Dream Radar now.

And to help you with the many Pokémon found in the Unova region, look forward to Pokédex 3D Pro, another Nintendo 3DS title that’s on the way to the Nintendo eShop. With Pokédex 3D Pro, you’ll have information on every Pokémon in the National Pokédex—just what you need to become a master Trainer. Learn more about Pokédex 3D Pro!"

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-black-version-2-and-pokemon-white-version-2/

Dabottle
06-14-2012, 10:43 PM
I think that black and white 2 will be for the 3DS because the pokemon website says this

"Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 have a special connection with Pokémon Dream Radar for the Nintendo 3DS system. The Pokémon you obtain in Pokémon Dream Radar can be sent to your Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 game! Get more information on Pokémon Dream Radar now.

And to help you with the many Pokémon found in the Unova region, look forward to Pokédex 3D Pro, another Nintendo 3DS title that’s on the way to the Nintendo eShop. With Pokédex 3D Pro, you’ll have information on every Pokémon in the National Pokédex—just what you need to become a master Trainer. Learn more about Pokédex 3D Pro!"

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-black-version-2-and-pokemon-white-version-2/

If you look at the website, it also shows that the games are clearly for the DS. see the little picture?

Patriot
06-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Scumbag Nintendo, putting on the DS. Sales of the 3DS is flopping for a reason, and that's because they aren't supplying any good games to support. Clearly the work of Nintendo Logic.

SonicMario777
06-24-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm pretty sure the next gen of Pokemon will be on the 3DS. Highly doubt they will advance past 3D before then.

Umbrony
06-27-2012, 06:32 PM
DS. I'm NOT buying a 3ds unless I have to. >_< I have one already, but I'd prefer it on the DS.

tinksfinks
07-03-2012, 05:35 PM
I'd love to see a 3rd person style RPG on the 3DS. With the 3D effect on it would look amazing. Especially if the graphics were B/W style. I'd be happy. I don't see Pokemon going to Wii U as I think Pokemon is a fantastic game to play on the go being able to save at any time

Minntul
07-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Silly Nintendo, don't you want your systems to sell?

Pokemon 5th Gen really could have made Nintendo a lot of money if they had put it on the 3DS. Besides, it's tradition that a new Pokemon game in the main series gets released on a brand new handheld. It kind of bothers me in a way.

The Arrow
07-10-2012, 06:07 PM
It should have been on the 3DS, but I'm not going to argue with Nintendo. <_>

Kamex
07-10-2012, 06:22 PM
I really think they should let the Ds die already. Its already an eight year old console! They need to put an actual RPG pokemon game on the 3DS. Not those spinoffs they keep spitting out. That's just my opinion, though.

Shantae
07-10-2012, 06:25 PM
I really think they should let the Ds die already. Its already an eight year old console! They need to put an actual RPG pokemon game on the 3DS. Not those spinoffs they keep spitting out. That's just my opinion, though.

Yes, same points. I wish GameFreak can little expand into 3DS effect and see how it goes. Well at Pokemon B/W2, should be last DS release and then game should be support in 3DS. In my opinion.

Shiningbolt
07-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Silly Nintendo, don't you want your systems to sell?

I guess Pokemon doesn't care. Honestly, I'm glad they put the games on the DS. If they were 3DS games, I wouldn't be able to trade to myself. I'm sure they'll start putting games other than Pokemon Rumble Arena on the 3DS soon. It's about time the 3DS had more games worth buying.

chronoquairium
07-23-2012, 09:36 PM
It's in Japan already, so it's set in stone on the DS.

Samuel
07-27-2012, 04:02 AM
I know they're going to start putting everything on 3DS but, keep it on DS. People may not be able to afford 3DS. Whereas, I bought my DS for 20 bucks.

Tuxy
07-27-2012, 07:51 AM
I know they're going to start putting everything on 3DS but, keep it on DS. People may not be able to afford 3DS. Whereas, I bought my DS for 20 bucks.

That's exactly what Nintendo wants. They want you to buy the 3DS so they can make more money...

mars29979
07-27-2012, 08:01 AM
yeah but this might be test of a 3ds game to work out if people liked it maybe pokemon grey

Dragonite
08-19-2012, 12:31 AM
If they could fit all of the details of Unova onto a tiny DS cartridge, imagine what they could do with a 4.5 GB Wii disc. Unfortunately, that seems like a bit of a deviation from tradition for them. They'll probably keep using the DS until it goes out of production, and the switch to the 3DS.

But really, as long as the next generations are good, I don't care.

shadowdude
08-19-2012, 01:51 AM
id like to see it on something like the xbox 360.

Totodile
10-03-2012, 02:04 AM
I don't want the Pokemon series to transition completely to the 3DS. I don't mind if Gamefreak/Nintendo wants to make some copies for both systems but I want to be able to play the games on my DSi XL because in order to play the new games I don't want to pay $160 for a 3DS.

Tuxy
10-03-2012, 02:30 PM
I don't want the Pokemon series to transition completely to the 3DS. I don't mind if Gamefreak/Nintendo wants to make some copies for both systems but I want to be able to play the games on my DSi XL because in order to play the new games I don't want to pay $160 for a 3DS.

You can't just go ahead and say they shouldn't use their new system because some people don't feel like buying it. If they would have done so from the beginning, they would still be making games for the Game Boy. The DS is just outdated and people have to finally accept that...