PDA

View Full Version : What Made You Want to Join the Forums?

Shiningbolt
06-10-2012, 02:52 AM
A question some ask that anyone can answer! What motivated you to join this site?

I joined the forums out of intrigue, really. I thought it would be interesting to talk to some of the fans and all of the big people from Super Skarmory's credit rolls.

Alright. Your turn!

ShadowMr.L
06-10-2012, 03:10 AM
I probably wouldn't have joined these forums if it weren't for Kyoushiro linking me them. I joined this site once again because of the old fun I had on the forumotion site, and these past 2 days have just been filled with fun and excitement for me. I am so happy to be back. I'm also a fan of Super Skarmory, I've been one for about three years.

Blue Cadet-3
06-10-2012, 03:23 AM
A soul binding deal I made with the devil to get the ability to last hit in League of Legends a few months back.

Weavile
06-10-2012, 03:31 AM
I joined way back when to talk to other SS Fans. I rejoined the site for old times' sake, and I'm glad I did. It's been super fun!

Kyoushiro
06-10-2012, 03:39 AM
I'm actually having troubles trying to remember how I ended up in the forums. But I do remember, the night I actually started posting... it was when XC was trying to argue with SS and Majora. And then I joined the fight, and... I remember it ended well! And i've been posting ever since that night.

Majorasfan
06-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Well, uh, lets see.. for the first forums, I'll replace the word "joined" with "created" so it doesn't look like I'm trolling. I created the first forums as a surprise for Superskarmory. I figured it would be nice to have forums, so that's why. = P

As for these, we ended up creating them because once we had forums, it felt odd to not have them. We had created such a thriving community for you guys, and then they just disappeared. We didn't really like that at all, but we had felt there was nothing we could do about it. However, we decided to work hard this time, and we got these forums up and running, and we're not about to let them disappear this time. We're really excited this time, and I hope you guys are too! = )

Tuxy
06-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I have no idea why I first joined forumotion, it's so long ago. Probably just because I wanted to meet other SS fans and talk with people all over the world that have the same interests as me.
For these, I just saw the link of SS's Twitter and got super excited and joined. And tada... here I am!

Christian
06-10-2012, 12:29 PM
I joined mainly to meet up with other fans of SS and just have a good time.

DeMrTeunio
06-10-2012, 12:49 PM
I've been watching SS walkthroughs ever since he only had 4 video's uploaded on New SUper Mario Bros.
On top of that, I love stuff like this. IT's just like Online Soccer Manager, an online game I did last year with some people from my class. Every morning I got up, excited to see wether I could laugh at someone or someone could laugh at me (you know, for winning). In a sense, these forums are quite similar to that. There's always someting new to keep you excited and stuff.

XpL
06-10-2012, 01:20 PM
First time? I guess I just wanted to talk to other people who watched SS's videos really.
But now? Well I guess since 2010 it's kind of been expected of me to join.

MiniTapp
06-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Well, I joined so I could make/reply to threads on the forums. Lololololol.

Tainers14
06-10-2012, 03:48 PM
I was bored one day, and decided to make an account and post and what not. Didn't think I'd stay for long... hahahaha, that didn't turn out the way I thought it would.

Xerodragon12
06-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Joining the entire forum thing happened b/c I was bored, but I'm glad I started.

Uzi
06-10-2012, 05:11 PM
I have no idea why because I watched 5 SS videos before I realized I confused him with Marriland. I could have been at Marriland right now but I love you all too much now.

Blue
06-10-2012, 08:07 PM
I joined the forums because I watch ss's videos and I was bored so I joined. I'm pretty much bored all the time.

Shaymin
06-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Well, when I was a crazed fan of SuperSkarmory, I had to join the forums. I'm just now getting back into his videos, so here I am.

Zachgoose
06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
The very first time I joined SS forums was to troll one of my friends, actually.

I planned to mess with him for a few days and then leave.... but I ended up liking the place, staying, and eventually becoming staff! To be completely honest with you, I hadn't even watched any of SS's videos until I'd been on the forums for a few months! (Although now I'm a fan of him. xP)

Super Skarmory
06-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Well, let's see, I joined because I wanted... Well duh it's my site. =P A better question for me would be why I started Spruz all those years ago which was technically the beginning of an actual website for the SS community which ultimately led to this place in the long run and to be bluntly honest, I can't exactly remember, I'd assume the normal and accurate answer is I wanted to try something new and in the process give people a place to get news and talk.

DbzSSS2
06-10-2012, 10:56 PM
I joined because of PIE Just kidding I joined because I like to follow Skarm and I wanted to try this out

BreeZaps
06-10-2012, 11:45 PM
I just join the fourms for MANY REASONS one of them are i dont really have any friends, the ones i DO have are alway buzy.

Will
06-11-2012, 12:11 AM
I fight for my friends. (I joined because of my friends ^_^)

Spitfire
06-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Well I am a semi-veteran member who's gone through a lot here so I figured I'd join.

narutomoon
06-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Well i was on these forums for a while, and spitty linked it in our skype chat... so i joined again

The Arrow
06-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Well, I joined these forums because I've always been a member of any of SS's forums, with the exception of Spruz because I hadn't heard of SS back then, and because I love forums, and SS. :)

Kamex
06-11-2012, 06:07 PM
i was looking at his channel. i found a link to a website. it was a forum! i was a little outcast so i joined. my social skills have improved a lot during my time on this forum so i joined like 10 more the next year. then school gets in the way so i left for skype. and now im back! hi :3

Dabottle
06-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Uh. I was bored...

SFB
06-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Well I join pretty much every SS site since Spruz. (That Long) And I joined this because I had to continue talking to long time Internet friends.

X!!
06-12-2012, 11:57 AM
I wanted to get involved on SS Forums

Loogy
06-14-2012, 07:16 PM
I joined the original forums ecause i was a HUGEEEEE fan of SS and i thought Omg what if he actually talks to me :DDD, After i joined there ( i have been talking of the forummotion) i left for a bit and joined the others now im back I hope i have tons of fun here :3

Patriot
06-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Back then, I actually watched SS videos, so that led me here.

Gyaradomo
06-14-2012, 07:35 PM
I was on the old forums. What made me join the old forums, I can't remember. Maybe I just clicked it and started to do forum stuff.

Merga
06-14-2012, 08:54 PM
I guess I got bored last summer and joined the forums. I thought I was going to leave in like two days or something, but the people here were nice, so I stayed.

tinksfinks
06-18-2012, 08:43 PM
I joined the forums back in 2008 when I was only ten so the forums have a special place in my heart. There have been plenty of ups and downs since then and I have stuck through so naturally when I saw on facebook that the forums were reopening, I was overjoyed

Lunar Noctowl
06-20-2012, 07:02 PM
s.s

ValuableVictini
06-20-2012, 07:50 PM
I joined because I wanna be with all the SuperSkarmory fans and interact with one another. Also, I joined because I never got to know any of the SS fans or staff, so I wanted to get to know them too.

Patriot
06-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Let's see... I actually joined during the Pokestation times and been here ever since, albeit unknown. I think I browsed through an even older version of the SS Foums, but never joined. I found out about this one when I decided to go back to the forumotion SS Forums to troll on the empty chatbox, but then I saw a link for this forum that Amir posted. So yeah, that's how I found the place.

Minntul
06-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Uh, I joined Spruz because I loved Eyan's videos at the time, some time later I got an early invite from Nick to join forumotion before it's initial release to the public. I started to fall apart from watching Eyan's videos but I stuck around for the community.

And I joined here, because I miss you guys.

Triplewolf
06-21-2012, 02:17 AM
I saw SS tweet about this and I missed the old days.

bamboo37
06-22-2012, 01:54 PM
I just joined because I always liked to check the old forums. I checked when you couldn't do anything. Then I tried again and saw he made new forums. So I joined these forums.

Red
06-22-2012, 02:23 PM
I joined the old vB forums when my computer had stopped working one summer leaving me without Steam to play on. I was on my parents' terrible computer watching random Let's Play videos from Chugga and stumbled upon SS. I was bored and looking for entertainment so I eventually joined the forums. Then after the forums went down I heard Spitfire talking about it after he had found out that the forums were back from Shadow and I decided to join back.

GrovyleXShinyCelebi
07-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Might as well, seeing as how I used to be a huge fan of Eyan and how he got me into Castlevania.

Now, though, he's getting past his prime (no offense but his walkthroughs are just becoming more like Lets Plays and just not as good as his ones earlier on), so I really won't be following him that much anymore, but I will try to visit his site occasionally (very occasionally).

SonicMario777
07-01-2012, 06:16 PM
The fact that I heard that the forums were back made me wanna jump right into it. I missed the forums when they had to take it down a long time ago, so I'm very glad it's back.

Shantae
07-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Back 3 years ago (around May), when I watch his Pokemon Diamond Walkthrough, I click to his channel, I then clicked the link of forum (his forumotion lol), decided to join in. (LOL even through I had problems registering the forums, the activation from my email. Thankfully SS got my message as he help me activate my account. So embarrassing for me. xD) I was having good time in old forums (courts, wars, and so much more), as posting/spammy member. xD It then I lost talking to old members when we move to Pokestation. Pretty much it is a turning point that I lost little bit interest of the forums and SS. Until like last year when we move to ssforum.net it was relief but I just loosely loss posting and chating to other members because I was not active. Meh.... throughout life until June 2012 that I saw link in SS's Twitter then decided to join the forums again. Hopefully it turns out well and improved as chatting with other members but not as in forumotion forums. I still have hopes with SS as my favorite original youtuber. xD

Sorry it's long but that pretty much does it.

Umbrony
07-02-2012, 09:00 AM
I joined just because I liked SS. And I love making other people happy, I guess. :3

I hope I make others smile on the other side of this IPad/computer/phone, whatever. 9w9

gameguy1996
07-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Because I like his walkthroughs.

Metroid12100
07-03-2012, 03:12 AM
I really like superskarmory's videos and think he is awesome.

epickirby
07-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Wanted to talk to anyone who's watched SS's videos, but I like forums, because you meet new people and might
even see someone post that you actually know irl!

Shadowknight
07-03-2012, 08:53 PM
In the old SS forums I came because I loved his videos so much I joined. Then it died I wanted to find SS forums again because I've felt bad for it dying in the old one.

SuperEgenahnnee
07-05-2012, 12:46 AM
I just skipped over to SS's FacBook page and he posted about the website, and so wala! I'm here. ;)

NhJaden
07-05-2012, 10:19 AM
i just did to talk and meet new people also because i love SS's vids

thechiquidracula
07-05-2012, 11:13 PM
i join out of curiosity and it was the best thing i have made lol

Kyoits
10-11-2012, 12:07 AM
WOW, this thread is old. Anyways I joined to meet with other SS fans and to make some new friends.

LovelyOshawott
10-11-2012, 12:18 AM
I liked SS videos and heard he had forums and "Why not?" and here I am as a silver rank. :)
Edit: now I am gold.

Sammiiee13
10-11-2012, 03:50 AM
I found the forums through YouTube and checked around and thought why not join, everyone seemed really nice. I thought maybe I would meet some new people and learn about some different games out there.

sonriopoby123
10-11-2012, 03:53 AM
Why revive an old thread?

TheTrainerExpert
10-11-2012, 04:09 AM
Well since I haven't posted here, I joined because I have never been on a forum and thought it would be fun...and it is XP.

Glace
10-11-2012, 11:45 PM
I joined because it seemed way cooler than the Marriland Forums.

Sorry, Marriland.

pikachumaster
10-13-2012, 02:45 PM
It all started in 2008 when I bought NSMB. I went on my computer and looked up walkthroughs for it, and voila! I found SS! 4 years later, I watch his MK7 Walkthrough and there is a link and then I joined and I am a Gold User. Yay!

Ice
10-13-2012, 03:08 PM
I somehow have not replied to this thread, apparently. I first doing FM in 2009 because I somehow loved Eyan's videos. I then continued following the new sites (though I wasn't really active on PSN/vB1). I didn't really plan to join these, but LP kept telling me to. I stick around for the parts of the community that aren't really stupid for discussions, and those other parts for the entertainment that they sometimes provide.

t.tnt
10-13-2012, 03:15 PM
At one point I watched just about all of eyan's videos. however, as i grew older i slowly stopped watching them. at this point i haven't watched one of his videos in, say, maybe 2 years already. however, i just stuck at the forums, and well, it's paid off; I've met some awesome people.

Totodile
10-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Well, how did I find the forums, I was watching a super skarmory mario kart 7 walkthrough. He mentioned it. My motivation was I am a super skarmory fan.

Rocket
10-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Aggreed with Totodile,but I joined a lot later because I didn't have hy own e-mail back then.

Cutiepuffle
11-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Good question. I really don't know why.

Clairvoya
11-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Well, I found out he had a forums in the summer. I usually just viewed it a couple of times. Then I was like, "Why not?" and I joined and it was the biggest mistake in my life I'm really glad I did.

Austin
11-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Well, I was a fan of SS, and I just joined... I regret it because I hate you all I really like this place... Even though I guess I creep a lot of people out xD

Spacey
11-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Screw you Uzi, Emily, PokeZone **** you all

Why ;_;

Leafeon
11-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Well, I was a fan of SS, and I just joined... I regret it because I hate you all I really like this place... Even though I guess I creep a lot of people out xD

You do kinda creep me out...but it's funny =3

I joined cuz.....really don't know why actually.....

newsupermariobros
11-27-2012, 10:54 PM
For me it was knowing that superskarmory fans were also here and they liked the same things as me.Nintendo games so I said what the heck and joined.

♏Ա§♪ℂ~
12-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Idk why I joined, I just felt like having something to do and yeah.

herothezero
03-18-2013, 12:32 AM
I tried to go on the previous forums when I made my E-mail, but they were already taken down. When I watched the first part I believe of Mario Kart 7, I decided to join. No matter how akward the chat is or how obnoxious certain users are, I always have fun being here, and I guess it is the same for all the other active members here.

TyphlosionX
03-18-2013, 12:36 AM
I was watching one of SuperSkarmory's videos and he was talking about so I went to check it out so I ended up here.

Pokemon Trainer N
05-15-2013, 03:26 AM
Idk I liked ss wanted to be official joined right after this site opened and met some guys I've been active ever since

ShaymieTehShaymin
05-15-2013, 03:30 AM
I don't really know why I joined... I mostly wanted to find Pengy and get on his nerves. ^~^

Glace
05-15-2013, 03:36 AM
I guess I just joined because I needed something to do.

theblindxatu
05-19-2013, 05:34 PM
I saw on a MK7 video he had a forum link. I was like: "Yay!"

So I can here around July or something and went to create an account, nothing special, and thought: "Aw! They must have an age limit. I guess I'll have to wait." Without bothering to check.

Months later after I join I find out there is no age limit, and I waited 9 months for absolutely no reason because I was to stupid to see if there was an age limit or not.

You feel my pain? YOU FEEL IT?!