PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros 4

X!!
06-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Anyone have any opinions on Super Smash Bros 4? The roster, stages, music, EVERYTHING!

Merga
06-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Sorry to break it to you, but there are no news about it yet. Nintendo just said that a SSB4 game might be done last year, and there was no announcement of it this year. So really, not much has been revealed. Besides, I don't think that this topic goes on here.

X!!
06-10-2012, 03:22 PM
I know that. I meant assuming they will make SSB4, what will your opinions on it be?
Whoops. I just now realized that I chose the wrong catagory. Whoops. Thank you MegasomeONE for pointing this out to me.

Tainers14
06-10-2012, 03:31 PM
I moved the thread for you. I wanna see Raiden from MGS make an appearance. It would also be neat to start seeing some megaman characters added to the game.

Tuxy
06-10-2012, 04:19 PM
All I want is Phoenix Wright and his awesome "Objection" scream which automatically kills everyone.

bwburke94
06-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Capcom has their own fighting games, I doubt Phoenix/Mega Man/etc. get into SSB.

Personally, I hope that Marth and Lucario don't return, and that Meta Knight either doesn't return or gets nerfed.

X!!
06-10-2012, 05:18 PM
I moved the thread for you.

Thank you :)

bwburke94
06-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Wow, having problems with quote tags, aren't you?

Zachgoose
06-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Personally, I hope that Marth and Lucario don't return.

You are a horrible person. ;~;

I mean I think at this point the roster is so huge that EVERYONE can't return, so you bring up a good point. And plus, if the roster ends up being any more than fifty that would be too much.

Merga
06-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Lucas and Captain Falcon buffs

More out of party characters. I kind of want to play as Megaman or the main character from Cave Story. If not, assist trophies.

BreeZaps
06-10-2012, 10:26 PM
i want pichu to return

bwburke94
06-10-2012, 10:34 PM
That wouldn't be a good idea tier-wise, though.

DbzSSS2
06-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Hopefully they make it I want to get it for 3DS

Shiningbolt
06-10-2012, 11:40 PM
How about a long post? I read it all. It's a whole lotta nothin'. Read at your own discretion.

Roster:
While some characters are pretty cool, replica characters should either get kicked out or change considerably (I lost Roy to Brawl; I no longer have a heart towards clones). I can't think of anyone to add, so I guess I'm fine as long as it stays Nintendo-esque. Oh, well there is ONE thing. This game is filled with guys. A few more capable women being added wouldn't hurt, right?

Music:
I was VERY happy with the soundtrack in Super Smash Brothers Brawl. There are many songs I absolutely love and if they can keep it up, I have no complaints...Besides one. What's up with Hanenbow's music and Enviornmental Noises? If I just wanted noises, all I would have to do is turn off the music.
One thing I thought Brawl did once I found out you had choices for what plays on certain stages is a transition from one song to the next. That could add a lot of variety and keep longer fights fresh and exciting (if you're into listening to the music).

Stages:
Hanenbow. Why do you exist? Also, Melee stages were tiny compared to the originals. I didn't like the copypaste feel it gave me. I don't mind new stages that aren't...bad like Hanenbow was IMO.

Multiplayer:
I like what they did with all of the Stadium mini games and events. All of them were multiplayer and stuff. To be honest, if the next Adventure mode becomes 4-player, I'll be happy.

Gameplay:
Some people complain that Brawl isn't as good as Melee because you can do actual combos in Melee (or something to that affect). I actually like the idea of being able to do combos, if even small ones in the next game. I like the casual aspect of the game, too, but it could be a bit more competitive than one hit average per exchange.

Super Skarmory
06-11-2012, 12:00 AM
In terms of cutting characters, the ones that come to mind most are Toon Link (do we really need another link?) and Lucario since his Pokemon generation is past and they'll probably put something 5th gen in instead. I think the rest of the old characters are fine, I just hope they try to make the characters that are similar even more unique (i.e. Mario and Luigi are similar and the star fox characters all have the same final smash). In terms of new characters, I always wanted to see Castlevania or Chrono Trigger, but the odds of that happening are one in a million. XD

narutomoon
06-11-2012, 12:34 AM
In super smash bros 4 i would want all the previous charaters that were tken out to be brought back. i liked using mewtwo in melee.

Missingno
06-11-2012, 05:32 AM
In Nintendo Power the title has been pending for the Wii U and 3DS for like the past year.

ShadowMr.L
06-11-2012, 11:03 AM
If they ever have Sonic back in the game, they should add Shadow too.

Another thing I want is for Mr.L to be a playable character, with his theme in the game.

X!!
06-11-2012, 12:36 PM
I've always hated Peach's final smash in brawl. Hopefully, Nintendo would change her final smash into something that will do damage like her vibe powers.

Dabottle
06-11-2012, 08:15 PM
If you guys want some decent ideas as to possibilities, I'd advise listening to Jish's thought dump (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tScTO306eWg) as it's very informative.

Anyway, posting my ideas as to what we could possibly see from Fire Emblem, since Pikmin's a bit too obvious (Spoilers: It'll probably only be Olimar, unless Pikmin 3 gives us something). I'll spoiler it because Wall-Of-Text.

From Fire Emblem, we currently have Marth and Ike. Marth's form the first game, the third game and the remakes to them and Ike is from the ninth and tenth games. We prevously had Roy, from the sixth game, and have Lyn, from the seventh game, as an assist trophy.

Anyway, if we are to see any characters, they'll be lords. I only have two exceptions, which I'll get to when the time comes.

So, I'll first go over the Japan-only games, up to FE6.

FE1 and FE3 have Marth, who is staying. Of that, we can we pretty sure.
FE2 has Alm and Celica. Nobody knows anything about them, not even in Japan. Not happening.
FE4 has Sigurd and Celice and FE5 has Leaf. Despite the fact that they're all awesome, Nintendo likes to pretend they don't exist because of certain plot points. Also, they're not recent enough, sadly.

Now for FE6 onwards:
FE6 has Roy, who was in Melee. He could make an appearance, but I'm not thinking it's too likely to happen. Also, he has a sword, and that's a very bad thing.

FE7 has Lyn, who could appear. Purely because she doesn't have blue hair and she's female. However, once again, the sword will probably prevent it and she'd be too much like Marth.
Eliwood's not appearing.
Hector is the most likely, because he has an axe. He could replace Ike, if Ike gets kicked. If they need spaces, he could also appear.

FE8 has Ephraim and Eirika. We're not getting Eir, sadly. However, due to the 3DS Ambassador Program and Ephraim having a lance, I believe he could have a chance.
FE9 and 10 have Ike. This is something I'm not sure about. With Awakening coming out, Chrom/Krom/Chrome is likely to make an appearance. They can't saturate Fire Emblem's position with blue-haired-swordsies, so Ike might get booted, unless there's a lot of room. However, he's more likely to stay than Roy is to return.
FE10 also has Micaiah, who, apart from being a worthless Mary Sue, is a mage. That means there's potential. While she didn't appear in Brawl, when FE10 was relevant, there will be more character slots, so it is a possibility.
Now this is where things go off course. One other possibility I see is the Black Knight. Why, I'm not sure. However, he's one of the best villains and one of the most known villains too. He's also completely awesome. He mains a sword, which is a bad thing, but it's still a possibility.

FE11 and FE12 are remakes of FE1 and FE3 respectively. Marth's gonna be here. Next.

FE13, which will probably be released early next year, judging by their non-appearance at E3, until Reggie messed up, will feature Krom. Krom has a high possibility of appearing and could easily replace Ike. It would be (late) advertising for Awakening, which Nintendo will probably want to advertise well, due to it being their first attempt at paid DLC. Anyway, FE13 also has a My Unit, like FE12 did (I didn't mention that because it could be nearly any class at the beginning and FE13 is more relevant). This MU has its own class, Tactician, which wields tomes and swords. This would be a break from mono-swordsies and have many different attack possibilities.

tl;dr
Marth is a given.
Krom > Ike > Eph = Miccy > Roy > Hector > Lyn > Everybody else.

Triplewolf
06-12-2012, 11:05 PM
The main thing I want is for them to fix the problems from Brawl. Mainly more diverse charters and story mode scrolling. I also want to see a new amazing sound track like in brawl.

The Arrow
06-13-2012, 03:24 PM
I haven't really checked much into it, but from what I hear it's going to be really good. Unfortunately, all of the characters can't return... :(

MiniTapp
06-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Sadly, I have never played any Super Smash Bros. Brawl. But I guess it's not too late to start...

BreeZaps
06-13-2012, 08:01 PM
I want Skarmory to be on ssb4. that happing ...... lol

ValuableVictini
06-17-2012, 05:22 PM
I want to hear N's Castle Music in SSB4. Also, The 3 Unova starters as well as the characters removes in SSBM.

Uzi
06-17-2012, 05:27 PM
I just hope there's more of a competitive side to this game.

Brawl was a pile of garbage and MK made it even worse.

SwordMaster
06-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Hopefully they make it I want to get it for 3DS

It will be finished in about four years for 3DS and Wii U

tinksfinks
06-18-2012, 08:50 PM
The main thing I want is for them to fix the problems from Brawl. Mainly more diverse charters and story mode scrolling. I also want to see a new amazing sound track like in brawl.

I'm really afraid for the character roster(toon link???) in the next Smash Bros given the lack of new(major) Nintendo IPs since Brawl. I won't be surprised, and will certainly welcome more 3rd parties in the next iteration, but at the end of the day it's supposed to be a Nintendo fighting game.

Missingno
06-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Needs better online

SwordMaster
06-19-2012, 12:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RiXIcF2xdI This is pretty dang close to what I want.

Triplewolf
06-19-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm really afraid for the character roster(toon link???) in the next Smash Bros given the lack of new(major) Nintendo IPs since Brawl. I won't be surprised, and will certainly welcome more 3rd parties in the next iteration, but at the end of the day it's supposed to be a Nintendo fighting game.
Well they are coming put with new IPs for the WIIU and since we won't see the game until the end of 2014 to 2015 there is a chance.

tinksfinks
06-19-2012, 03:16 AM
Well they are coming put with new IPs for the WIIU and since we won't see the game until the end of 2014 to 2015 there is a chance.

Yup I there will definitely be new IPs for Wii U and 3DS but that could mean a verrrry long wait for the next smash bros. I would like to see a more in depth story mode though... SSE was rather shallow

SonicMario777
06-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Super Smash Bros 4 will definitely be the one to get a Grand Slam whenever it comes up for both systems. I wonder if it's possible to have your Miis be characters as well?

Umbrony
06-27-2012, 06:49 PM
I know Zoroark is a playable character... ._.

Master Boo
06-28-2012, 02:42 AM
Lets just keep expanding the character roster, but without getting ridiculous. Don't give us 10 Mario characters and 10 series with 1 character still. I'd like to see retro stages from ALL games (MK does it, why can't SSB?), and some good new stage design that isn't Hanenbow. More evil representation, like a Bowser's Castle or Airship, and maybe N's Castle type stage.

And for the single player I'd like to see a deeper plot that uses something similar to SSE. Add some deeper motives to the plot, not just, "Look, evil! we're good, so we'll stop it", then just throw the characters at each other until they're all one army.

Dakota
07-05-2012, 12:26 PM
In SSB4 I want to see some Castlevania enter the game, and have more stages from the different games the characters come from.

Triforcer
07-12-2012, 05:31 PM
I have a Nintendo power subscription, and if I'm correct, there is gonna be a ssb on 3ds and WiiU!

Minntul
08-11-2012, 07:53 PM
POWER BUMP

In terms of characters, Megaman needs to appear, Pokemon need to cut down on the characters(maybe take out Lucario and bring back Mewtwo, since people want him back?), Sonic and Snake should return, take out Toon Link and just make Link good next time, Sakurai should balance his Kirby characters(I'm looking at you Meta Knight), get Simon Belmont in there. Oh, and WALUIGI TIME.

Stages just need to more focused on the fighting, instead of having gimmicks that can get you get killed and having to jump around all the time. It's no wonder people always choose Final Destination. I'm not sure if Brawl had this, but there needs to be an items voting kind of thing, if the majority of players have items off THEY SHOULD STAY OFF. Online needs to be improved, I don't know much about the Wii U, but it isn't still relying on Wifi, is it? On the Brawl Anyone mode don't restrict people by having to play with the 2 minute timer, that's stupid, stock is much better for fighting games.

I want to see them have another go for a Story mode, Subspace Emissary was a good idea, it just wasn't executed very well, everything was pretty cliche and only the cutscenes and bosses stood out compared to the rest. Oh, and don't make it for unlocking characters, I love looking at that challenger approaching screen.

The game should not be as floaty and slow as Brawl was, they pretty much made it for the casuals instead of focusing on what the older fans wanted. They really want their Melee style gameplay, why do think they made Brawl+?

Kyoits
08-11-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm really excited about the new SSB, i hope that Namco puts some DBZ characters in it that would make the game a lot more awesome

Giratina720
08-17-2012, 11:43 PM
Well SSB4 will come out after WiiU comes out, I just hope that some of the Megaman characters like in Zero, X, original Megaman, and the ZX could come in to SSB4.

UbersSuck20
08-18-2012, 01:18 PM
I heard that a SSB4 game for 3DS will be released someday, and if it will, then I'd probably buy it along with the 3DS. I hope it will have better graphics and more characters than Brawl.

brecot
08-21-2012, 04:52 PM
It sounds cool. They are releasing it for the 3DS and WiiU