PDA

View Full Version : Death Note

MiniTapp
06-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Well, it's the only Manga I've read, but I enjoyed the suspense of it very much and it was a great way to get me into the stuff.. What did you guys think?

ShadowMr.L
06-10-2012, 10:42 PM
I've seen the anime of Death Note which I loved to no end. I'm also currently in the process of reading the manga. I'm on like book 15-17 I can't remember. I started reading the Death Note manga in my Computer Applications class when we had free days and we could do whatever we wanted.

The storyline is incredible. The characters too. I love the war going on in the real world, as well as the mind's of Light and L. The OST is pretty good too. Overall; Death Note was one of the best anime/manga I've ever seen/read.

DbzSSS2
06-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Death note ftw!!!

MiniTapp
06-11-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm on like book 15-17 I can't remember.

There are only 12 books, hahaha

Zachgoose
06-14-2012, 04:39 PM
I pretended to hate Death Note for the longest time even though I'd never actually watched it.

But one day I accidentally started it on Netflix and was too lazy to get up... I ended up loving it to death. The plot is so intense.... It leaves you on the edge of your seat, curious to see how each side responds to the other..

I don't like it as much after the time skip, for obvious reasons. xP

Gyaradomo
06-14-2012, 04:52 PM
I love Death Note to my heart, but some part of me just hates it for some reason. Light is such a cucumber for taking advantage of all those people, which is why I have some resentment towards this anime/manga. I definitely like the manga better because of the secret ending, which is much more better. I love the intricate plot in this, it's so exciting.

ShadowMr.L
06-14-2012, 06:04 PM
There are only 12 books, hahaha

I meant chapters. Hey I don't read Manga a lot so I wouldn't get it. XDD

Kyoushiro
06-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Two years ago during the summer, I was trying to keep my manga-collecting motivation alive, and during that time I was trying to read Death Note. I loved it a lot because it took a longer time to read compared to Bleach, which I was also reading at the time. However, I only got to Volume 6 before my motivation to collect manga just... died. =(

Will
06-17-2012, 09:11 PM
I watched the Japanese (anime) subbed version many years ago before it even hit the states and became the super mega popular hypefest it is today. I enjoyed it and thought the plot was fairly gripping throughout, but towards the end I think they lost a bit of their momentum. Still good, though. Never understood why it became such a big deal.

The Arrow
06-18-2012, 03:27 PM
I think I tried reading this once, but it never really panned out... I honestly don't like to read Manga that much, but I think I might give it a second chance sometime.

Spitfire
06-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Well, it's the only Manga I've read, but I enjoyed the suspense of it very much and it was a great way to get me into the stuff.. What did you guys think?

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire series, it's the only manga that I own every single volume too as well as all of the spin off books.

♏Ա§♪ℂ~
07-02-2012, 12:38 PM
i luv death note

Christian
07-12-2012, 02:33 PM
I haven't had the chance to buy it yet, but I will and after that I shall give you my honest opinion. I have heard it's great however.