PDA

View Full Version : DOTA 2 General Discussion

SFB
06-11-2012, 06:17 PM
DOTA 2 is kinda like League Of Legends. However it has a bigger learning curve and is currently in Beta. It is considered to be ARTS ( Someone help Abbrivate this please again ). It is currently being made by Valve, who has made Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, and Portal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cSFPIwMEq4

Upsides to DOTA 2:
- All Heroes will be free.
- Made by Valve, known for making amazing games
- Is a MOBA, and has elements like LoL

Downsides to DOTA 2:
- A harsh community
- Hard Learning curve (However you can face Bots separately as well.)

Tainers14
06-11-2012, 09:43 PM
I think the hero Silencer looks cool. Never played the series, though. I might try it when the closed beta stages finish.

Blue Cadet-3
06-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Considering I come from a League background, I find Dota 2 to be extremely difficult. I don't play it as much as I'd like to (especially since the bot code broke and they like to randomly idle at Roshan, letting me 1v5 for a while) but my favorite hero is probably Dragon Knight.

XpL
06-12-2012, 04:00 PM
The game follows the design philosophy of "everything is overpowered"
The steep learning curve isn't because of the mechanics (they're rather easy to get a grasp of), but more so the expectation of the former WC3 glory.
Oh and never log into a game and say you're a LoL player, I swear.

Elitist game that's pretty good, but in the end it's WC3 DotA still.

SFB
07-12-2012, 05:30 AM
I know this thread is a bit older, but does anyone plan watching the international Dota championships?

Zachgoose
07-12-2012, 05:51 PM
You do.

Funny, because this is my first time noticing the thread. My favorite Hero is Skeleton King, because I can basically only right click and still do really well because I'm that much of a noob.