PDA

View Full Version : Worst Type of Music?

SFB
06-11-2012, 11:03 PM
What is the worst type of music you ever listened to?

Mine probably be Rap. I can't consider it music almost.

Uzi
06-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Heavy Metal. It's just banging on drums and screaming at the top of your lungs. I also hate electric guitars.

Just keep that away from me.

Zachgoose
06-11-2012, 11:54 PM
^I personally love Heavy Metal, you beef jerky face.

My least favorite is... probably country, if I had to pick. But even some of that is pretty good.

Uzi
06-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Love you too, Zach.

Heavy Metal just seems really stupid because there's nothing I find interesting. I could give it a try if you give me some links though.

ShadowMr.L
06-12-2012, 12:13 AM
I dislike some rap, some I don't mind but some I do. Country...UGH...I HATE IT. Screamo too. I HATE IT.

Dabottle
06-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Will I get assaulted by an angry mob for the obligatory "dubstep" response?

Majorasfan
06-12-2012, 12:40 AM
I like metal, but I don't like screamo metal.. I can stand every kind of music except for screamo, where all I hear is screaming. Heavy rock is fine, as long as I can understand the vocalists, imo.

Tainers14
06-12-2012, 12:43 AM
I really can't stand Dubstep. It gets repetitive after listening to it for like, 10 - 20 seconds, then I get bored of the song / genre, and switch the song, or turn off the stereo or w/e. It got to the point where it really started to bother me.

Kyoushiro
06-12-2012, 12:43 AM
There are some good metal artists. But screamo and just scene music in general gets on my nerves. >.>
There are some good rap artists as well. Same for country music. However, I'm not too fond of either one.

Red
06-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Dubstep, Rap/Hiphop and Country are easily the worst music in my opinion. Country is tolerable to a point but no one gives a flip about your truck with giant mud tires. Rap is urban country, nobody wants to hear about your 50" rims(Extremely exaggerated I know) on your Cadillac or about how you banged your girlfriend in 10 different ways. Dubstep is just noise. Don't even attempt arguing with me on this, I will not change my opinion.

Shiningbolt
06-12-2012, 01:36 AM
There's all sorts of strange music genres out there...and yet I can find some good songs in them.

I'll just say I usually don't like the three types Red listed.

Merga
06-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Country because I really don't care about how big you tractor/farm/girlfriend is. And Chinese folk music. Seriously, it sounds like a ferret getting squeezed to death by Adonis.

Rotomthemotor
06-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Everybody is so angry about this here. LOL. I would have to say my least favorite genre of music is Hard Rock, but there is something good in everything, so I give it its fair chance. Just like all types of music. Why ban out music just because you dont like its title. That makes no sense to me.... o.O

XpL
06-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Reporting live from stereotyping general.

Lupe Fiasco would like to have a word with you.

Christian
06-12-2012, 05:17 PM
I really hate dubstep, to me it doesn't even sound like music.

Uzi
06-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Reporting live from stereotyping general.

Lupe Fiasco would like to have a word with you.
Lasers would like to have a word with you on why it's not as good as Food and Liquor.

DeMrTeunio
06-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Pretty much all variations of rock, classical and hardcore/style to me. There will most likely be some good songs in there, but in general they're the ones I like least.

XpL
06-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Lasers would like to have a word with you on why it's not as good as Food and Liquor.

The Cool would like to have a word with you on why no one remembers it.

Uzi
06-12-2012, 05:33 PM
The Cool would like to have a word with you on why no one remembers it.

That's because The Cool is the best of the three. Bringing it up would make me look like I wanted to bully you.

XpL
06-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Don't make me get Trials and Tribulations involved into this sir.

Uzi
06-12-2012, 06:03 PM
http://static.djbooth.net/mixtapes/wax-scrublife-mixtape/back.jpg
I'm sorry Xpl, what did you say? Scrublife is waaaaay better. Even if I just went to a new artist.

Kamex
06-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Rap/Hiphop and Country are easily the worst music in my opinion. Country is tolerable to a point but no one gives a flip about your truck with giant mud tires. Rap is urban country, nobody wants to hear about your 50" rims(Extremely exaggerated I know) on your Cadillac or about how you banged your girlfriend in 10 different ways.

I agree! :3 To be honest I love dubstep. I didn't like it at first but I gave it a couple of tries. You just have to find the right artist. If you don't like it I cant stop you guys :P. I say that screamo is (in my opinion) the absolute WORST type of music out there! Who the heck thinks screaming to the top of your lungs is talent? But hey we all have different tastes. :)

Tuxy
06-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Going with the mob: Dubstep
Why? You know it exactly...

XpL
06-12-2012, 06:08 PM
UzixWax

Official. Get real.

Uzi
06-12-2012, 06:12 PM
It's UzixKael! Get it right. Wax is just so good man. He's funny too if you snoop around his Facebook page.

Gyaradomo
06-13-2012, 03:13 AM
Hey screamo metal is very poetic. One very meaningful line I know from screamo is one of my favorites. It goes like this, "AASHDSALDHAJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHSODHAUSKJBCBXAUKHCJSK CBAJSAAAA."

Beautiful.

No but in all seriousness I don't get screamo music. I hate it.

Spitfire
06-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Basically anything country or Skrillex (and most rap) are horrible in my opinion. Everything else is fair game.

The Arrow
06-13-2012, 02:57 PM
ABSOLUTELY country! Man I can't stand that stuff, I just can never seem to get anything out of it, it never helps me relax or anything!

MiniTapp
06-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Oh boy, I could say so much in this topic.

Let's start with rap. Yes, I understand it's rythmic, and some artists create good lyrics, but since when did lyrics alone make music? Rap isn't my least favourite, but I wish people would stop categorizing it as music, since it is not. It's poetry, really. Besides, you do get good lyricists who actually right music as well (Roger Waters).

Dubstep? Well, that's not music either. It can be pretty cool to watch a cool lighting video or something with some dubstep playing behind it and it can be suitable at certain times, but again, it's just not music.

Screamo. The people who like it are just suckers to the powerful sound it produces. Otherwise, I fail to see why screaming into a microphone and playing the drums as loudly as you can is good music.

I'll just conclude with pop. I know, that's not a specific genre, since the beatles were pop at the time and we know how good they were, but I'm really talking about modern pop. Like wow, at least rap and dubstep don't try to be anything they aren't. The reason it is even popular is because it targets a large audience, and is easy to approach. Simple music, for simple people. No real brains were behind the writing of it, and the lyrics aren't even that great themselves. If you go back to the string quartet era, the people who didn't listen to any music back then would be the people who listen to pop today. Also, any artist who abuses autotune because they can't sing deserves to be shot. That's just flat out cheating and if your music is that simple and you need help from a computer, you really aren't a good artist.

I could say much more, but I don't want to exceed the word limit. That'll do for now.

BreeZaps
06-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Country music my fav :)
Always has a place in my heart

XpL
06-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Oh boy, I could say so much in this topic.

Let's start with rap. Yes, I understand it's rythmic, and some artists create good lyrics, but since when did lyrics alone make music? Rap isn't my least favourite, but I wish people would stop categorizing it as music, since it is not. It's poetry, really. Besides, you do get good lyricists who actually right music as well (Roger Waters).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPfIIn5V_LQ

Your argument is invalid.

Ayra
06-13-2012, 09:03 PM
meh liek rap&screamo&thaz it4me. i H8 dubstep, country, classical, soft rock, jazz&anythin i forgot to list

MiniTapp
06-14-2012, 04:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPfIIn5V_LQ

Your argument is invalid.

The older rap is good, and the lyricists are often quite clever, yes. Music? No.

XpL
06-14-2012, 05:40 PM
The older rap is good, and the lyricists are often quite clever, yes. Music? No.

You're not refuting my point at all.
My point is Eric B. and Rakim are notorious for their duo work. Eric B. produces insane beats and Rakim is a lyrical genius with great technical skill. Every pattern in modern music is somewhat derived from that man.

It's extremely clever, and I don't understand how you can claim it isn't music.

Uzi
06-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Newer rap is still good. Artists like Nas and Dumbfoundead are out there. You're probably just looking at the surface and not trying to go deeper. Heck, even if you're on the surface you have OFWGKTA to look at. There's even Lupe Fiasco.

http://youtu.be/iN2cawwyPDY
http://youtu.be/UN2KqffYEdI

booga booga good rap music.

Kyoushiro
06-14-2012, 06:23 PM
There's a saying that I read in a public argument once. "Music isn't getting crappier, you're just listening to crappy music."
Maybe that quote can apply to this thread?

MiniTapp
06-15-2012, 04:51 PM
You're not refuting my point at all.
My point is Eric B. and Rakim are notorious for their duo work. Eric B. produces insane beats and Rakim is a lyrical genius with great technical skill. Every pattern in modern music is somewhat derived from that man.

It's extremely clever, and I don't understand how you can claim it isn't music.

It's not constructed with chords. It has no melody or harmony.

And I know music isn't getting crappier, but popular music is.

XpL
06-15-2012, 04:59 PM
It's not constructed with chords..
Regardless, still music. Music is sound constructed in a artistic manner. No dictionary definition will tell you music must be constructed

It has no melody or harmony.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a91rv2vTl4o
What about melody?

And I know music isn't getting crappier, but popular music is
That's a bias that you can't prove.

Will
06-15-2012, 05:51 PM
I can't honestly say what is the worst type of music because there are redeeming songs and artists in each category. If the question was, what genre was dissolving from greatness the quickest I would have to say pop music.

Patriot
06-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Harsh noise or drone music. Try to listen to this for 10 minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z1HSHjeJ4w

jackers96
06-15-2012, 06:48 PM
I don't like heavy metal just too much screaming and I can't understand what they are saying

MiniTapp
06-15-2012, 09:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a91rv2vTl4o
What about melody?

In the music, not the title.

R

That's a bias that you can't prove.
Well the fact is that more people listen to music nowadays than they used to. So the pop will therefore have to be more general and easily approachable to target the wide audience.

What even categorizes rap as music and not poetry? Poetry does have a faint beat to it, it's just not an obvious part of it. Is it just the noises that go along with the beat in the background?

XpL
06-15-2012, 09:52 PM
In the music, not the title.
It's a legit melody.
Can't deny it. If you do, then you're just being ignorant.
So we've established rap and hip hop is music and contains melody.
So where's the argument?

Patriot
06-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Are you people seriously arguing if it's music or not? Well here's the answer: There is no definite answer. The definition of music changes from culture to culture. So in the end, it depends on how you see it. Of course there is already a general definition. When society changes, definitions will be morphed to fit the cultural norms of the time period.

Blue Cadet-3
06-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Are you people seriously arguing if it's music or not? Well here's the answer: There is no definite answer. The definition of music changes from culture to culture. So in the end, it depends on how you see it. Of course there is already a general definition. When society changes, definitions will be morphed to fit the cultural norms of the time period.

http://i.imgur.com/M9QIt.gif

Music is an art form whose medium is sound and silence. Its common elements are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics, and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture.
It doesn't change from culture to culture. That definition can apply to any and all forms of music.

What even categorizes rap as music and not poetry? Poetry does have a faint beat to it, it's just not an obvious part of it. Is it just the noises that go along with the beat in the background?
Clearly you are listening to bare bones rap. Go look up any of the following and tell me that its "just the noises that go with the beat in the background".
(Warning there is some language in these songs)
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five-The Message
The Sugarhill Gang-Rapper's Delight
The Roots
OutKast-Hey Ya!
Kanye West
Jimmy Fallon-The History of Rap Parts I-III
Flight of the Conchords-Hurt Feelings
C.R.E.A.M.-Wu-Tang Clan
Beastie Boys-Funky Donkey
Beastie Boys-Lee Majors Come Again
Beastie Boys-Sabotage
Beastie Boys-Intergalactic
Beastie Boys-Sure Shot
Dan Bull-Megaupload
Dan Bull-Dovakkiin
Common-Blue Sky
Public Enemy-Harder Than You Think
Beck-Where It's At
Coolio-Gangsta's Paradise

I used to hate rap as well, but then I actually listened to it, and since then it has become my second favorite genre. You just have to just take a genre you like and find a rapper who uses that style (generally that rapper will actually be the Beastie Boys).
And yes, I love the Beastie Boys.

Pokekinz101
06-16-2012, 10:52 PM
I don't like Heavy Metal,Rap or Dubstep.

...I still wonder how I can survive school when everyone there likes that kind of music...

Garthcune
06-16-2012, 10:58 PM
I hate oldies, and anything else with a slow beat. I need my rap, dubstep, and techno.

Patriot
06-17-2012, 01:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/M9QIt.gif

It doesn't change from culture to culture. That definition can apply to any and all forms of music.

Clearly you are listening to bare bones rap. Go look up any of the following and tell me that its "just the noises that go with the beat in the background".
(Warning there is some language in these songs)
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five-The Message
The Sugarhill Gang-Rapper's Delight
The Roots
OutKast-Hey Ya!
Kanye West
Jimmy Fallon-The History of Rap Parts I-III
Flight of the Conchords-Hurt Feelings
C.R.E.A.M.-Wu-Tang Clan
Beastie Boys-Funky Donkey
Beastie Boys-Lee Majors Come Again
Beastie Boys-Sabotage
Beastie Boys-Intergalactic
Beastie Boys-Sure Shot
Dan Bull-Megaupload
Dan Bull-Dovakkiin
Common-Blue Sky
Public Enemy-Harder Than You Think
Beck-Where It's At
Coolio-Gangsta's Paradise

I used to hate rap as well, but then I actually listened to it, and since then it has become my second favorite genre. You just have to just take a genre you like and find a rapper who uses that style (generally that rapper will actually be the Beastie Boys).
And yes, I love the Beastie Boys.

Wikipedia also says, "The creation, performance, significance, and even the definition of music vary according to culture and social context."

MiniTapp
06-17-2012, 11:09 AM
It's a legit melody.
Can't deny it. If you do, then you're just being ignorant.
So we've established rap and hip hop is music and contains melody.
So where's the argument?

I mean, it's not built around a melody and harmony.
So, what about Harmony?

For me, lyrics and music are separate. Normally when I listen to a new album I pay no attention to the lyrics no matter how good they are; I just listen to the music itself, and then pick up on the lyrics after more listens. Music is incomplete without harmony, but without lyrics it can still be good. Classical music doesn't have lyrics?

XpL
06-17-2012, 04:05 PM
I mean, it's not built around a melody and harmony.
So, what about Harmony?
I beg to differ. This "beat" you criticise is in fact the melody and harmony. Every single track has one. It may not have guitar chords but then again, does every song require a guitar to be considered music?
surely you're not going to deny this isn't music? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O2aH4XLbto)
A lot of rap and hip hop production uses samples and more often than not, a piano to form a melody. If you can't acknowledge the existence of these aspects in a different genre of music, then you're acting o

For me, lyrics and music are separate. Normally when I listen to a new album I pay no attention to the lyrics no matter how good they are;
Then you're not listening to the album properly. You're intentionally ignoring a key part of the song. It wasn't put there for no reason now was it?

I just listen to the music itself, and then pick up on the lyrics after more listens. Music is incomplete without harmony, but without lyrics it can still be good. Classical music doesn't have lyrics?
I don't deny the fact music can be good without lyrics. However in certain situations, lyrics do their job and enhance it. Classical music doesn't have lyrics because it never needed them; however you may find a lot of compositions developed for opera and choirs.

Going back to rap, the focus is obvious subtended to the lyrics. If we go back to SMJ's dictionary definition, then we can say rap and hip hop are forms of music. Cannot deny that if we follow strict definitions. They contain all the elements required.
Evidence of why I think your thought process is flawed: NSFW (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAX3goFQA44)

MiniTapp
06-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Then you're not listening to the album properly. You're intentionally ignoring a key part of the song. It wasn't put there for no reason now was it?

It's not that I block it out completely the first time, I just find it difficult to pay full attention to the lyrics and appreciate the rest of it. The 'rest of it; is what attracts me, basically.

I don't deny the fact music can be good without lyrics. However in certain situations, lyrics do their job and enhance it. Classical music doesn't have lyrics because it never needed them; however you may find a lot of compositions developed for opera and choirs.

Of course they do, most of the music I listen to has lyrics. As for opera, it's mostly in another language, so I don't know what they're singing anyway.

Going back to rap, the focus is obvious subtended to the lyrics. If we go back to SMJ's dictionary definition, then we can say rap and hip hop are forms of music. Cannot deny that if we follow strict definitions. They contain all the elements required.
Evidence of why I think your thought process is flawed: NSFW (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAX3goFQA44)

XpL
06-17-2012, 10:59 PM
It's not that I block it out completely the first time, I just find it difficult to pay full attention to the lyrics and appreciate the rest of it. The 'rest of it; is what attracts me, basically.
That's entirely your personal opinion. It does not contribute anything to deciding whether or not it is music. It's not my fault or anyone else's you prefer to not listen to lyrics.

Of course they do, most of the music I listen to has lyrics. As for opera, it's mostly in another language, so I don't know what they're singing anyway.
So what's the problem with lyrics?

thechiquidracula
07-06-2012, 07:14 PM
reggeton is the worst thingimajig

TheBattleFrontierAsh
07-06-2012, 07:34 PM
I personally can stand Pop, Alternative, some Rock, and Hip-Hop. But I dislike Screamo, and Rap.

Shantae
07-09-2012, 01:24 AM
I do like all type of Music, but I think the worst type of music is Screamo Rock which hurts my ears, and Rap, I dunno but it kinda ruin the song.

Totodile
07-09-2012, 01:27 AM
I can't stand that techno, disco, hip hop stuff. How somebody can call that stuff music just blows my mind.

Shadowknight
07-10-2012, 06:57 AM
The music I can't stand is Techno and Country. I really don't melodies much.

KingCorphish
07-10-2012, 04:59 PM
For me, the worst type of music is Polka.

Judge Mandolore Shepard
07-15-2012, 07:54 PM
I would have to say that for me, the worst type of music is Country.

Prospering
07-16-2012, 01:47 AM
I hate Heavy Metal, its way to much screaming its annoying.

Minntul
07-16-2012, 04:28 AM
Dubstep.

Uzi showed me a dubstep video once, I nearly died.

Uzi
07-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Dubstep.

Uzi showed me a dubstep video once, I nearly died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijyrDZw_M6A
That's the greatest thing to come out of dubstep though. I don't even think the creator was going for a legit song, I think that he was trying to make fun of dubstep. Dubstep isn't that bad though. I like it more when the artist focuses more on the song than "LOL SIK DROP DUDE XDDDDDDDDD ITS SO LONG AND LOUD AND EPICZ". Which is why I can actually *listen* to Skrillex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeNSzJ2-Jw
Though Skrillex isn't actually dubstep iirc.

TheTrainerExpert
07-18-2012, 07:38 AM
I don't like rap.

gamerx2
07-19-2012, 11:15 PM
I don't like heavy metal. I never enjoyed it.

Qwerty
07-20-2012, 05:52 AM
Bad rap and SUPER SCREAMO ALL CAPS HEAVY METAL ASDJSKADJKWLQNDKLAHDAS are my least favorites. Even then, there's plenty of decent rap and non-allcapsrage heavy metal.

GigaGyarados
07-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Dubstep and rap...

XpL
07-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Weo weo weo overhype train.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3cE9iXIx9c

SilkShadow
07-20-2012, 04:12 PM
I really like most raps. It tells a story. So of it is a retarted story but so.e of it is actually really inspiring.
if you hats rap at least give this a chance.

http://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=m7f5ak3mz#/watch?v=SLt9M79okn4

It is caller mockingbird and it is eminem explaining stuff to his daughter

EpicCh33se
07-24-2012, 12:14 PM
I don't really like rap. But at least I can stand it. Whenever a dubstep song comes on however, I skip it lightspeed.

TheMasterLink10
07-25-2012, 03:37 PM
I dislike rap and pop the very most, blegh.

SuperEgenahnnee
07-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Let's review:
Country is simply boring and slow. It's the kind of music that will make you want to rip your hair out if you lsten to it too long.
Heavy Metal is basically just "DADADADADAHDHSJCHFH" even if it's like the very beginning of the song...
Rap is pretty much accents, and poetry. It's not exactly music (please don't get me involved in that argument) and that's that.
And Pop is just it's own lil' thing. Lol. But seriously guys, I HATE RAP THE MOST!!!!!! grrr..........

MatthewZ124
07-30-2012, 07:33 PM
I hate Country. I just really don't like listening to unless I have to.

Suprsilver
07-30-2012, 08:58 PM
I hate both Country (at least, the twangy kind) and Classical. I also don't like most pop besides Electropop, but it's not as bad as the first two genres I mentioned.

Growth
07-30-2012, 09:38 PM
In all honesty, metal and trance are my favorites.

But what I truly hate. Is this whole emo/scene style. One band I absolutely hate is Blood on the Dancefloor.

Also, most heavy metal artists does not "scream". It's not "screamo" when it comes to that. It's "Growling". That's what's it called when the singer sings in a voice that sounds nearly like a monster, and you can't hear the lyrics. I personally, love growling.

Kyoits
07-31-2012, 12:50 AM
My favorite would have to be Rock and Roll but the music that I think is the worse would have to be country

CriticalCalla
07-31-2012, 02:09 AM
Honestly, I can listen to any kind of music. I've got music on my iPod going from Frank Sinatra to Skrillex. If I had to choose the music I don't like the most would have to be Pop, it's way too upbeat for me. Oh and country, especially Taylor Swift since all she does is complain about losing love or getting a new lover.

Ferrospike
07-31-2012, 03:43 PM
I down right hate Rap just hate it. Basically it can be considerd musik its just R poetry. But guys don't hate on heavy metal if you don't know what it is.
First of all how can you not understand the lryics your are death not even kidding. So you guys thik you can't understand Metalica or A7X.

Here are some example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fM3ylFs3hs Beast and the Harlot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waBb-UM5m4g Nothing else matters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z-hEyVQDRA Master of Puppets

I'm not defending it if you don't like it ok but get your facts strait.