PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Pokemon And You

VictoryStar
06-12-2012, 04:41 PM
I wanted to share my experiences with shiny Pokemon and hear about the experiences of others.

Please do not talk about any hacked Shiny Pokemon you have or those obtained in trades.
I'm sure we all only wish to hear about your reaction to finding a shiny Pokemon in the wild and hopefully, catching it.

My Experiences:
So far in my 7 years of playing Pokemon, I have found 4 shiny Pokemon. 1 in Pearl, 1 in Diamond, 1 in HG, and 1 in SS.
(I have no friends who play Pokemon, so I buy both games every time to compensate)
In Diamond, I found a shiny Graveler on Iron Island. I was with Riley and it used Explosion on the first turn. :mad:
In Pearl, a shiny Skuntank appeared in Route 229 . I threw an Ultra Ball, it failed then Skuntank used Memento. :mad:
In HG, the very first Pokemon I see in the wild is a shiny Sentret. I don't have Pokeballs yet. I cried. :(
In SS, my first time at the Safari Zone on my second encounter. I find a shiny Koffing. I threw a Safari Ball, it failed..... But, the Koffign stuck around and my second Safari Ball captured it. :D

Christian
06-12-2012, 05:01 PM
You're lucky, I have found 4 shiny pokémon in my 12 years with pokémon. Two of them in safari-zone. They both ran away.
However I did get a shiny Chikorita as a started and that is probably why I love Chikorita and prefer it over the other starters.
And last but not least -

Of course the shiny red Gyarados, I have seen that one too.

Kamex
06-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Both of you are lucky... In my 7 years of playing pokemon I've only found one shiny. It was a shiny Tentacool on route 40. I ran out of pokeballs. T_T

Tuxy
06-12-2012, 06:18 PM
I've seen two shiny Pokémon in my life.
Other than the red Gyarados there was only a Starly in Platinum (the first wild Pokémon I ran into during that playthrough).

Ice
06-12-2012, 08:38 PM
I got a shiny Shinx in Diamond once. But I was still a noob at Pokemon and didn't understand their rarity, and therefore ended up deleting that file a few weeks later. Eoghan is now out for my blood.

MiniTapp
06-12-2012, 08:59 PM
I found a shiny raticate in leaf green once which I lost. Again in leaf green, I found a shiny tentacool, which was funnily enough in a let's play of the game. Hahaha.

Triplewolf
06-12-2012, 10:44 PM
I found a shiny Flotazle(not sure how to spell it) in either diamond or platinum in victory road, but ended up getting a crit and killing it.
I found the heart bat Pokemon(I can't remember the 5th gen pokemon names) in the victory road of White where I catch it.

Gyaradomo
06-12-2012, 10:51 PM
I found only ONE shiny and it was a poochyena. I didn't even know what a shiny was so i thought it was a glitch and I ran away.

Weavile
06-12-2012, 11:00 PM
I found a shiny Pidgey in Fire Red, that's the only one I've ever found. I caught it then immediately deleted the save file because shiny Pidgeys aren't too cool looking.

DbzSSS2
06-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Of all my years Since The games started I found one which was a shiny Marril on Pokemon Emerald

ZeJesster
06-13-2012, 12:21 AM
I have found three shiny Pokemon, one in each of the main 4th gen games. I found a shiny budew in Eterna Forest the day D/P came out, a Shiny Geodude in Oreburgh Mine, and a Shiny Shinx on Route 202.

Blue
06-13-2012, 02:52 AM
Shiny Pokemon OH MY GOD.

I was playing Pearl once. I found a shiny Starly. I ran away from it because I didnt know what a shiny was. Then I looked it up...

Garthcune
06-13-2012, 02:53 AM
I've been playing thousands of hours of Pokemon over the past 9 years, but I STILL haven't even encountered a single shiny! I refuse to accept my Red Gyarados as an accomplishment in terms of shiny Pokemon...

To all the shinies that have escaped us... WE WILL HUNT YOU DOWN! :D

Missingno
06-13-2012, 03:02 AM
In all my years of Pokemon, I have only found one. In Pokemon Emerald after about 50 hours of playing it I found a shiny Tentacool. I had never seen a shiny Pokemon before and did know about them. So I assumed that it was a glitch, but I caught it anyway because it was different (usualy I would just kill a Tentacool because I had like 10 of them). I evolved it to a Tentacruel and raised it to level 70, and beat the Elite Four. I later transferred it to my Dimand, but had to delete my save file due to a glitch that messed up my game. So sadly I no longer have the Pokemon. I also caught the Red Gyarados in HeartGold, but I don't count that one because everyone gets to catch it who plays the game.

SFB
06-13-2012, 03:21 AM
I have seen about 1 ever. Pokemon Emerald shiny Poochyena. I guess I need to take my time

BreeZaps
06-13-2012, 03:24 AM
im trying to get a shiny skarmory for SS as a gift :)

DeMrTeunio
06-13-2012, 02:09 PM
I've always been pretty lucky with shinies.

Once in Ruby I found a shiny Zubat in Meteor Falls. The FIRST battle after that I encountered a shiny Golbat. It was really increadible. Later that game I found a shiny Linoone too. In Diamond I found 3 shinies as well, a Meditite and a Pidgey wich I could both catch, and then later a shiny Wingull. I attacked it with a Bug-type move on my Yanmega, but I forgot I had Tinted Lens, so it did increased damage and killed the Wingull. I banged my head into the wall the entire evening...

Shiningbolt
06-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Um...In a completely legitimate game, I've only run into one shiny Pokemon: A Starly. I lost my breath when I first saw, since it was technically the first shiny (no one cares about seeing Red Gyarados after a few times) I've ever seen and captured. It's now lost forever in a certain someone's lost Pearl game.
I think I saw it in Pokemon Platinum, but if not, it was Pearl.

XxUnknownxX
06-13-2012, 09:41 PM
I once caught a shiny lillipup in pokemon black, but my battery died shortly after. :(

Prospering
06-13-2012, 11:09 PM
In pokemon emerald i found a shiny poochena but at the time i was so young i was like "what is this?" so i caught it but i stupidly started a new game

Zachgoose
06-14-2012, 04:51 PM
I have run into two legitimate shiny Pokemon by myself:
-An Ekans in Heart Gold.
-A Zangoose in Ruby.

I don't have access to either of them anymore, although I have tons of shiny Pokemon that I've gotten from trades.

Patriot
06-16-2012, 10:29 PM
I've only found one shiny pokemon, and that was a ponyta in Diamond. I actually caught it and now it's an awesome shiny Rapidash.

Weavile
06-16-2012, 10:34 PM
I just found a shiny Graveler while playing Platinum yesterday, it was pretty cool. I didn't really have a place for it in my team though, so I'll just keep it to trade to another game or something.

XxUnknownxX
06-17-2012, 11:03 PM
I just caught a shiny, adamant marowak on pokemon black! It is definitely staying on my team.

Uzi
06-20-2012, 12:30 AM
When I was doing an Emerald nuzlocke like last year, I found a shiny Zigzagoon five minutes into the game. No Pokeballs, only my starter and a potion. I have the best luck ever.

Dabottle
06-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Let's see...
My first shiny was... something in Leaf Green. I thought it was a bug and killed it. :>
Then I was fishing for Feebas. Of course, this was information I'd received from a guidebook, so I kept on fishing in the same spot. After about a year, I found a shiny Magikarp. This was cool and all, but then HG/SS were released...
The next shiny I found was when I attempted to LP Ruby about two years ago. It was a Zigzagoon that I found on Route 111, which has awesome music, by the way. I called it "Coolio", or something stupid like that, and can't change it now.
The next shiny I found was a Hypno... in Safari Zone. You know where this is going.
My most recent shiny was a Goldeen in Soul Silver. I found it while EV training my Pickup Slaves. It's Timid...

The Arrow
06-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Whoa, I have looked at this thread 5 or 6 times now and I still haven't replied to it yet! Anyway, I've actually encountered quite the number of shiny Pokemon in my days of adventuring. I can't quite remember, but I know I found a shiny Budew in Diamond, a shiny Paras in Crystal, a shiny Purrloin in Black, and a shiny Audino in White. That's all I can really remember but I know I've found more than that.

bamboo37
06-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Never in my whole life I have found a shiny. I don't think I am ever going to find one too. Also I really don't care that much to find a shiny either. All I care about is to catch strong pokemon. I would react the same if it is a normal pokemon or a shiny pokemon. I just don't see much of a difference between the two. Shiny's are just rare. I see them as a normal pokemon.

vulpixisawesome
06-28-2012, 12:02 AM
I found a shiny Skarmory once, and I ran out of pokeballs. :(

Bookmaniac
06-28-2012, 01:02 AM
In Leafgreen, I found a shiny Abra but it teleported :(
The next encounter was another shiny Abra and I caught it and evolved it :D
In Emerald, I got a shiny Wailord and a shiny Relicanth :)
Also, my Treeko was a shiny :)
In HG, I got a shiny Mareep :D
I also got a shiny Growlithe :)
That was in five years of playing.

CKDavid
06-28-2012, 01:14 AM
I still haven't found a shiny, I've been playing since Sapphire came out. My dad found a shiny Bronzor in Mt. Coronet, I had to tell him it was special because he was about to kill it.

Xplosive_ninja
06-28-2012, 03:16 AM
I have only found one shiny in my entire time playing pokemon games and it was a shiny machop but back then I didn't know what a shiny pokemon was so I thought my game broke and I turned off my gba only to find out about shinies 1 week later from a friend when I told him about a wierd looking machop I found *sorry for the length*

Aqua_light123
06-29-2012, 02:44 AM
I've only ONE shiny ever, it was a Rattata on SoulSilver :/

Shantae
06-30-2012, 03:54 AM
For my life experiences,

The only legit shiny I found is Shiny Onix in Pokemon Diamond.

whiffet
06-30-2012, 05:16 AM
The first shiny I ever saw was in FireRed. It was... a shiny Pidgey. Classic, I know. I didn't know what it was, so I defeated it in the hopes that maybe I would get extra experience. Boy was I mad at myself when I found out what shiny Pokemon were.

I caught a shiny Gloom and a shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby, and I also caught a shiny Weepinbell in HeartGold. Those were happy moments.

Charizardflyer
07-01-2012, 07:33 PM
I have found 3 shiny Pokemon in my 5 years of playing pokemon. All three were in SS before I had pokeballs. :( At least I think it was three.
I'm wokring on geting a shiny Charmander because shiny Charizard looks extremely epic.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9stpiG3JH1rf882co1_400.png
And if you count Pixelmon (Minecraft Mod) I have found 2 shiny Arboks. One on singleplayer and one on a server. I was later banned on that server for no good reason and I have never seen that shiny Arbok again.

Austin
07-01-2012, 09:48 PM
I have found one shiny pokemon. It was a Graveler on Diamond. I was so excited.. that is.. until it used SELFDESTRUCT!!!

♏Ա§♪ℂ~
07-02-2012, 11:56 AM
in ruby shiny Milotic well feebas then i evolved it, in Platinum a shiny giratina and a shiny shinx, and a sshiny uxie. in ss and hg shiny gyrados and latias and Latios
and finally in b/w Snivy

Unrecognizable
07-03-2012, 03:26 AM
I been playing pokemon since Gold. And ever since i have found only 4 shinies. One was in my HG is was a shiny staryu but unforgivably i missclicked and hit it with a thunderbolt instead of a quick attack :mad: i found the other three on my black version, Joltick in chargestone cave which i caught :D. The third was a Golbat caught that too now its a shiny Crobat now the final one was a shiny Landorus. The joy i had when i found it and i tryed so long to catch it and i did. But not noticing my DS's power it died. Im still to this day ive been soft resting for a new one.

Metroid12100
07-03-2012, 04:23 AM
My first was a shiny geodude, In heartgold. I did know what shiny pokemon were, and luckily I caught it.

epickirby
07-03-2012, 05:08 AM
Only legit shiny was a wild Mareep in HG, which I caught. I did find a shiny Zubat in Emerald, but did not know about shinies back then. :@

sonriopoby123
07-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Let's see...
Zubat in Sapphire: Did not have any PokeBalls, didn't know it was special.
Weedle in Soul Silver: Caught, is now a shiny Beedrill.
Gyarados in Soul Silver and Heart Gold: Caught
Azelf in Platinum: Caught, now in my Black
Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem: PokeGTS codes

Davismt
07-04-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't see how you people are so lucky! I've only encountered 2 shinies in my 7 years of playing!

The first one was a shiny Sableye in Sapphire but I didn't know what shinies were and I didn't really care because I was looking for an aaron
The second one was in SS when I was walking in grass I found a shiny meowth! So I caught it.

Blivsey
07-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Most alarming thing that ever happened to me: I was putting up lots of Shelmet on the GTS for trade on Black Version (I like getting those world trades in because of the Unity Tower) and someone traded me a Shiny Karrablast for my regular ol' caught-in-Icirrus-two-hours-ago Shelmet. And then it evolved into a shiny Escavalier.

...thank... you...?

Other than that, shiny Minccino and Taillow. And Gyarados.

crazy_boy
07-04-2012, 04:24 PM
never had a shiny pokemon in my life except for red gyrados

Zexell
07-05-2012, 02:13 PM
The only shiny I've ever seen was a Psyduck. I caught it but never used it. Oh yeah, and a Graveler. They were both in the same game. :)

Dabottle
07-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Most alarming thing that ever happened to me: I was putting up lots of Shelmet on the GTS for trade on Black Version (I like getting those world trades in because of the Unity Tower) and someone traded me a Shiny Karrablast for my regular ol' caught-in-Icirrus-two-hours-ago Shelmet. And then it evolved into a shiny Escavalier.

...thank... you...?

You lucky git! D:

I thought that ripping my brother's friend off by trading him a Torchic for his Marill was good. :(

Umbrony
07-05-2012, 03:00 PM
My first shiny was a shiny Pikachu in viridian forest in FireRed.

A huge kick in the teeth was when I was at feugo iron works in diamond training, I ran into five shiny pichu. I'm dead serious. And I ran from them all. -______-

I have tons of them now, and I'm about to have a giveaway.

Dabottle
07-05-2012, 03:10 PM
A huge kick in the teeth was when I was at feugo iron works in diamond training, I ran into five shiny pichu. I'm dead serious. And I ran from them all. -______-

Yeah... no. (http://serebii.net/pokearth/sinnoh/fuegoironworks.shtml) Try again.

Umbrony
07-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah... no. Try again.

Aww... No pranks. XD

CURSES! FOILED AGAIN!

sonriopoby123
07-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Aww... No pranks. XD

CURSES! FOILED AGAIN!

Lol, not today.

ShadowMr.L
07-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I actually got to encounter one yesterday. I was playing Crystal and I saw a Shiny Geoudude.(however you spell it I don't know off the top of my head) I was also in a Skype call at the time and I was freaking out because I found one and managed to catch one. Yeah...never let me near Shiny Pokemon in Skype calls..XD

LeEpicZorua
07-09-2012, 11:29 AM
My first shiny pokemon was a Zubat in the Dark Cave in Pokemon Leafgreen. I don't know if it was called the Dark Cave, but it was near Pewter City. I thought it was my screen bugging up, but I caught it anyway.

KingCorphish
07-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I NEVER found a Shiny Pokemon EVER I'm not jokng, I have NEVER found one.

Colaman112
07-12-2012, 08:24 AM
I have played 5 Pokémon games (+Blue), and I have only found one shiny Spearow on Pokémon Platinum.

Could moderator delete this? Accidentally posted twice...

Colaman112
07-12-2012, 08:25 AM
I have played 5 Pokémon games (+Blue), and I have only found one shiny Spearow on Pokémon Platinum. And Gyoarados of vourse, but I don't count it

Yoshirocks341
07-12-2012, 12:23 PM
One of my memories with shinnies is when I was walking from Twinleaf Town to Sandgem Town, because I didn't have a pokemon who knew fly, for some reason. Anyways, being lazy, I didn't use a rebel, and my first encounter was...a shiny bidoof. Also got a shiny meditite, but I don't remember how...

Cobalionstar
07-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Just one in SS shiny spinarak

Dawnheart12321
07-12-2012, 01:25 PM
I have found 4 all together.
I was in a cave and a shiny mankey appeared wich is now shiny primeape.
Next encounter shiny haunter. Used thunderbolt to weaken but then it used curse :mad:
Then in another cave i found a shiny zubat.
Last but not least a shiny stantler in SS

The first three were in firered

TyphlosionX
07-13-2012, 04:54 PM
I have no luck finding a shiny the only time I found one is the red gyarados my friend has a shiny golbat so I basiclly saw two

Legend408
07-13-2012, 06:25 PM
In my 11 years of playing i only found one and that one was a shiny onix i caught and evolved it. Now it kills everything........ like scizor.

shadowdude
07-13-2012, 07:01 PM
one time in pokemon white i went to white forest and right away shiny clefable

Ishnaarg
07-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Never found a shiny. Ever. At least 8 years and no shiny. Nope, never.

SilkShadow
07-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Ive only been playing pokemon for 3 yeAars and am yet to find a shiny
:(

KK.Productions
07-14-2012, 12:59 PM
My first shiny was Turtwig in Platinum and that is it :(

megagamer
07-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Well over the years i found a shiny pidgey,starly,shinx, and pikachu. Oh yeah i forgotthe shiny gyados.

Colaman112
07-14-2012, 05:14 PM
My first shiny was Turtwig in Platinum and that is it :(
Shiny starters are rare. Be proud of it.

UbersSuck20
07-14-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm playing Pokemon for 3 years, and I only got 2 shiny's: a Magikarp in Pokemon Crystal, and a Spearow in FireRed.

Judge Mandolore Shepard
07-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Of the all the years that I have played Pokemon games, these are the shiny Pokemon that I have obtained:
In Silver, Crystal, and SoulSilver: red Gyarados
In Crystal: Electabuzz
In Platinum: Staravia
In White: Gligar

SuperSkittle
07-15-2012, 12:05 AM
My encounter was with a skitty the other day it was munchlax had to breed snorlax

shinygallade
07-17-2012, 09:00 PM
First one is Bronzor from Pokemon diamond. Second one is Gyarados from soul silver(the must fight one).Third one is Bronzor from diamond(second one).Fourth one is feebas from Pokemon diamond.Fifth one is Gyarados from soul silver(super rod one).Last one is shinx from Pokemon diamond.

Totodile
07-30-2012, 08:02 AM
In 6 years of Pokemon I've found... Houndour, Numel, Weedle, Bidoof, Rattata, Red Gyarados (of Course)
Houndour- Pearl Caught
Numel- Sapphire Caught
Weedle- Leaf Green Fainted
Bidoof- Platinum Didn't get the chance to get Pokeballs yet :(
Rattata- Soul Silver Caught
Of course I caught the Red Gyarados... So other than Gyarados I've found 5 Shiny in 6 years! 4 were caught!

Totodile
07-30-2012, 08:04 AM
I have one question and sorry for the double post my computer was a little slow.
How did you face a Skuntank in Pearl when they are a Diamond Exclusive without cheating?

Ferrospike
07-30-2012, 02:25 PM
From all the years of playing Pokemon(Started with silver)I have found 5 shinys. 2 in platinum, 2 SS and 1 in Black. Note:Not counting the Red Gyaradose

In Platinum I found a shiny Houdure and I knocked it out:mad:
The second was an Absol when I was on Mt.Corenat and caught it.
In SS I found a shiny Weedle and having no pokeballs at the momente.
The second was Entie and I just paniced and used my masterball.
In black I found a shiny Pawnaird which I caught.

SuperSceptile
07-30-2012, 07:06 PM
i have been playing for like ten years and i am the most unlucky pokemon shiny finder ever. i have never found one!:mad: and then my little brother got a shiny machop on his first time ever playing a pokemon game! (other than the red gyarados of course.)

Tropius the Tank
08-01-2012, 10:08 PM
I have found a shiny rattata in Heartgold right before i was going to get my first pokeball's.
I did get a second chance in White where i found a shiny tympole. I did caught that shiny.

Dragonite
09-12-2012, 02:30 AM
Red Gyarados notwithstanding (you don't usually even get a level up out of fighting it. Sad face.), I've had exactly one Shiny in a year or so of playing. Don't ask me why I was running around in the Pinwheel Forest without a Repel in the aftergame of Pokemon Black, but I ended up running into a Timburr. After squinting at the screen for a while and nearly having a heart attack and staring blankly at the screen for a while longer, I caught it. It's now a Shiny Conkeldurr sitting in a friend's PC somewhere.

Although, given the thousands of Pokemon I've bred for natures last summer and the Masuda method, I'm a little surprised I haven't found another. I shouldn't say that though, seeing as there are so many people who've been playing Pokemon since the days of Gold, Silver and Crystal and haven't even found one.

24kShinx
10-27-2012, 03:24 PM
In my years of playing Pokemon since 2007 I have encountered only 2 shiny Pokemon. One in pearl, and one in HeartGold (not including the red Gyarados).

The first shiny I encountered was a Pachirisu; this was in Pearl at Valley Windworks. I had no knowledge of shiny Pokemon back then but even I knew at that point, when I saw it, that it wasn't a pokemon you would see every day. So I threw an Ultra Ball; worked first time.
This was in HeartGold, now I have full knowledge of shiny Pokemon. It was in Ilex forest and I was training for the second gym and I encountered a shiny Caterpie. With a couple of hits and a Pokeball to boot, it was bagged.

So not much luck encountering shiny Pokemon but I have no trouble catching them.

FelsicFurret
10-27-2012, 04:41 PM
I have encountered a grand total of two Shiny pokemon (not counting the Red Gyarados). One was a Pelipper I found in Pokemon Sapphire a long time ago. I have hung on to it through the years and traded/migrated it through to my Pokemon White game. The other one was a Roggenrola in Pokemon Black. I caught it early in the game, and decided to keep it off my team. I then forgot about it and deleted the save file after I had run through the game...whoops.

Rocket
10-28-2012, 03:02 AM
Oh,I found a shiny pokemon in Ss,in that batch of water where you head into Kanto.I killed it.

DarkSide
11-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I have a Shiny Tentacool ;) got it in SS (i also have the red Gyarados...but he doesn't count)

CChariz
11-02-2012, 01:43 PM
The only shiny pokemon I can remember.Is a shiny Kecleon I caught in Diamond.But I restarted it all because I was bored.

pikachumaster
11-02-2012, 09:12 PM
I don't think I caught one... But I have seen one. I don't remember which, though. I think a Bidoof.

TheTrainerExpert
11-02-2012, 10:59 PM
I have found 3. In Emerald, I decided to surf at this random place and boom, found a shiny Marill and captured it.
The next time, in Sapphire, I was randomly killing all the Whismur then all of a sudden, I found a shiny one and caught it
Then when going through Emerald again, while in the Team Magma Secret Hideout, I found a shiny Geodude, but I didn't have any pokeballs so I had to kill it ;_;.

Reiko Asagiri
11-02-2012, 11:07 PM
I have found 3 shiny pokemon.

1st one I ever found was when I first played Pokemon Pearl. I beat the game and completed my Pokedex. As I was going to the Resort Area, in the water, I found a Shiny Peliper. I didn't know at that time that shinies were rare, but I caught it anyway.

2nd time was when I was helping my bro on Platinum. He wanted a new pokemon on his team so I went to the sandstorm area after the Resort Area. As I was searching for a pokemon, I found a shiny Cacturne. I told my bro and he told me to catch it since it was his first encounter of a shiny pokemon.

and the last time was in FireRed. I started the game and went ahead and go get Oak's Parcel. On the way back, I encountered a shiny Pidgey. I noticed I didn't have any pokeballs so....I killed him...

LovelyOshawott
11-04-2012, 04:27 AM
One.
A gold geodude.
Looked like this

SuperPikachuTNT
11-05-2012, 11:48 PM
My first shiny pokemon was a golden ego dude surprise thagt it was pikachu nope it was level 7 I caught noth of oraberd I don't know how to spell it and yea nice huh

Minntul
11-07-2012, 01:32 AM
I think I once taught myself how to use that thing in Platinum which tells you patches of grass where shinies are located, but that got boring real quickly.

As for random encounters with them, I can never remember when and what ones I saw, though I know I've encountered a few.

DarkGlaceon
11-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Just a day or two ago while playing VoltWhite 2, a Pokemon White 2 Rom hack, I was in Castelia trying to catch an Eevee, and when I got one to appear I was lucky enough to get it Shiny and Female... Which is a big win for me! I now have it as a Shiny Glaceon. <3

~OkamiSaphira/DarkGlaceon

Dragonite
11-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Also, you can get a Shiny Dratini in White 2 and a Shiny Gible in Black 2 by talking to Benga in his house after beating him in the Tree Hollow/Tower, and a Shiny Haxorus after doing some Pokedex completion thing. How many people have this?
(I have the Dratini/Dragonite, and get quite a kick out of it, but not Haxorus.)

BreeZaps
03-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Found my first shiny today. Shiny Patrat.

herothezero
03-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Of all my 8 of playing pokemon games, I've never encountered one besides the gift ones (shiny Gible, shiny Gyardos, and I'm gonna catch the shiny Haxorus soon).

Leafeon
03-21-2013, 08:34 PM
One of the only and very successful shinies I ever encountered was a shiny jigglypuff I caught in the safari zone

Kyoits
03-21-2013, 11:15 PM
I just caught a a shiny Lanturn in SoulSilver and I'm thankful that it has some kind of purple added to it.

MessyPorpoise53
03-21-2013, 11:53 PM
I have a shiny Milotic in diamond and a shiny Sneasle in B and W2

Clairvoya
04-07-2013, 01:14 PM
The first one I remember having was a Mienfoo in Black, and it evolved into Mienshao, but now it's gone. I'm sure that I also got some in Platinum, but I can't remember them.

Rocket
04-07-2013, 02:16 PM
I've only gotten a Shiny once, and that was in SoulSilver, in 2010. I had no knowlage about Pokemon, as this was my first video game ever. I found a shiny Tentacool, but I didn't know what shinies were, so I killed it. Haven't found a shiny since ;_;

Ame
04-12-2013, 03:47 PM
The only shiny pokemon I've ever found was a Goldeen in Soul Silver.

SuperPikachuTNT
04-12-2013, 04:53 PM
You guys are lucky I only found one shiny pokemon and it was a geodude

Leafeon
04-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Why are so many people had a shiny geodude as a first?

Dabottle
04-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Why are so many people had a shiny geodude as a first?

I was wondering why shiny Goldeens are so common, but I guess the only explanation is that they're more common species. Like I said earlier in the thread, I've also found a Magikarp and a Zigzagoon, so that's why.

But, yes, I hear of Geodude an awful lot (and Roggenrola :3).

X!!
04-12-2013, 11:40 PM
I've only ran into one shiny Pokemon in my entire life. I borrowed my friend's Pomemon White cartridge so that I can play the game from the beginning. I played everything blind. So I went to one of these aftergame routes (I can't remember which) and the first Pokemon I ran into was a shiny Gligar. I was like, "Is that a shiny Pokemon? It looks like the regular Gligar from Platinum..." But I decided to catch it and later found out that it was a shiny Gligar. Unfortunately, I had to give the cartridge back to my friend and he reseted his game a few months later.

dud190
05-06-2013, 02:22 AM
I caught my first wild shiny just a few seconds ago. It was a garbodor.

Dragonite
05-06-2013, 02:24 AM
I caught my first wild shiny just a few seconds ago. It was a garbodor.

A Garbodor, of all Pokemon? I feel terrible for you.

ShaymieTehShaymin
05-06-2013, 02:27 AM
Shiny pokemon freaking hate me. I've never caught one. The red Gyrados doesn't count.

Will of D
05-06-2013, 04:27 AM
I have found about 8 shiny Pokémon. Mareep, Seedot, Makuhita, and Hariyama for Emerald, Hoothoot for Soul Silver twice, Sandile for White, and Audino for White 2.

Glace
05-07-2013, 01:14 AM
Shinies hate me so much. The only one I've seen is a red Gyarados, and that doesn't even count. :(

BreeZaps
05-07-2013, 01:20 AM
Shinies hate me so much. The only one I've seen is a red Gyarados, and that doesn't even count. :(
The only shiny I found was a patrat. Even tho watchogs colors are cool I wish I got something else -_-
I feel ya.

Derose
06-15-2013, 07:39 PM
My experience with shiny pokemon isnt that great even through it is luck based into somewhat 8192:1 and is decreased by 3 times when you get the shiny charm in black 2 so here is what i caught in black 2.

A shiny woobat on 18 october and it was only 6 days after the europe relaese so kinda lucky getting a shiny one.

A shiny koffing appeared for me today and i was overjoyed with just seeing a shiny in a while since the last one.

Update 21-06-2013

Okey one shiny on the saturday fine but another today (friday) on pokemon pearl i was shocked because i were training this time as well and the shiny pokemon was a geodude lv 14 captured it of course but choose to transfer it to pokemon black 2 i don´t know if this is counted as trading or so because i did it with my own games.

Sean
06-15-2013, 09:08 PM
In my 10 years of playing Pokemon I've only found 2 random shinyies. The first being a shiny pelliper in Pokemon Plt, I found him, and caught him, on my birthday. In FireRed (After catching Pelliper) I found a shiny Nidoran Male (One of my favortie pokemon, and shiny) in the Safari Zone, I caught him, I don't know how, but I did....

Aaron
10-24-2013, 06:17 PM
bumping cuz i dunt care

I have only ever seen one shiny (excluding the Red Gyarados in G/S/C/Hg/Ss). It was a Nincada in Pokemon Ruby, but because I was using the speed-up button I accidentally ran away from it ;_; I was so ****** off, you don't understand!

Dabottle
10-24-2013, 07:12 PM
I chained a Dragalge, Skrelp, Remoraid, Gyarados and Magikarp yesterday and the night before. : >

Pokemon73
10-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Why u no chain goomy?

Dabottle
10-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Because you can't fish up Goomy.

Bricktoad
10-25-2013, 04:30 PM
shiny fluffy stuff
http://i.imgur.com/qRnaMZd.jpg

Pokemon73
10-26-2013, 12:05 AM
SJXJFJSJXXFDJDJDKDKFF I REALIZED I NEVER SAID MY SHINY ENCOUNTERS ( even though I might have told them in chat )

It was in pearl I met my first shiny, it was a uxie, I immediately through a master ball because I knew it was rare
My last was in black, I was training and I found an audino, I caught it but reset my game because it wasn't an important shiny to me

And that's story time with Pokemon73!

:cool:
10-26-2013, 01:53 AM
Geodude, Misdreavous (or whatever the first evolution of that family is), Staravia, a Red Gyrados outside the Lake of Rage, and Dialga,

Ones I caught: Red Gyrados, Geodude

I suck at getting shinies in x/y

i spent 10 hours straight breeding espurrs

X!!
03-04-2014, 12:47 PM
HOLY ****. GUESS WHAT I JUST ENCOUNTERED.

http://puu.sh/7iAPd.png

AAAASFGASGADGADGAGSDGASFGFAGADGADGFGSAFGSAFGDAFF.

Okay, so here's what happened. Davismt, Kamex, and I decided to do a randomizer taglocke of Pokémon Ruby. I decided to be the first person to play, because I was the one randomizing the game. My starter choices were Raichu, Psyduck, and Swalot. I picked Swalot because I've never used it before, and I've encountered more Raichu and Psyduck than a Swalot. I pick the Swalot and use it to save Professor Birch, and throw my Poké Ball. Out comes my Pokémon and I see some sparkles. I literally freaked out for ten minutes. This is the second shiny Pokémon I've ever encountered. Ever. I feel so happy right now.

Bricktoad
03-06-2014, 04:00 AM
found a shiny hoppip on Y :D
now MY SKIPLOOM can join my bayleef and my.. flaaffy..

also rip shiny fluffy stuff i erased him... thought he was on Y and not black 2 still -_-

ShaymieTehShaymin
03-06-2014, 04:27 AM
MY SHINY TEETH AND ME
Okay, I'm done. I have a shiny Pumpkaboo that I wuvv named Midna. I had a shiny Scraggy that I found on accident hatching eggs, but I gave it to my brother. Who boxed him forever.

Suicune
03-16-2014, 03:40 AM
I think I have only seen one shiny, I don't remember what it was, and I have been playing pokemon for 12+ years!

Aaron
03-16-2014, 09:23 PM
A while back a hatched a shiny Zorua in about 60 eggs.

take that sophie

Blue
04-27-2014, 06:10 AM
A while ago, I just hatched a 5 IV MS Shiny dratini, with the correct stat not having the perfect IV.

Too bad that's the only *amazing* shiny I got.

LeRoomba
04-27-2014, 09:47 AM
I have never found a shiny Pokemon, the only ones I have are from trades, but I know one of my cousins caught 3 in the same save on Pokemon X.

Kitty
05-28-2014, 02:11 AM
I started playing Pokemon on Cutiepuffle's DS about 5 years ago and I remember finding a shiny Bibarel in the wild but since I was amatuer I didn't catch it, not knowing it was rare. That is my only experience. Also, this one guy used cheats to get every Pokemon in Kanto shiny and put them on his Pearl so that was ALL MINE! AW YEAH!!!!! Whoo. Yay...

Lunar Noctowl
06-01-2014, 02:03 PM
We'll, obviously I got that red gyrados in Johto. But aside from that: A purple Delibird in Pokemon X and that's it.

Aaron
06-01-2014, 02:15 PM
I have a shiny Venusaur on my Pokemon Y and I was so excited when I got it and it's on my team and love it and he's called Potts and he's amazing in every conceivable way.