PDA

View Full Version : Any Elder Scrolls players here?

Kamex
06-12-2012, 05:57 PM
I am an Elder Scrolls noob. I've been playing Skyrim since last week and I'm hooked! Its like a more complicated Zelda for the hardcore consoles of the Seventh generation! What Elder Scrolls game(s)are you guys playing?(If any)

The Arrow
06-13-2012, 03:34 PM
I haven't played Skyrim that much, but I think I gave it a try one time. It's definitely better than CoD.

Gyaradomo
06-13-2012, 04:18 PM
I've been playing skyrim. Skyrim is a really fun game for like the first 40 hours, but it gets redundant after you level high. Also, all the dungeons are practically the same. I love Skyrim, but there are some major problems to it.

Prospering
06-13-2012, 04:19 PM
sometimes i watch my brother play it, i like the dragons and thats about it

ShadowMr.L
06-13-2012, 04:29 PM
OMG SKYRIM. I WANT THIS GAME SO BADLY. I've heard so many good things from this game from my friends. I'll make sure its the next game I buy.

MiniTapp
06-13-2012, 05:07 PM
It's definitely better than CoD.

That's not saying much.

I played skyrim for a bit when it came out but I didn't have the time to play it. I enjoyed oblivion more personally.

Triplewolf
06-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Skyrim is good, but has problems. It has a big world for you to explore and find tons of cool things. In the world nothing ever really changes no matter what. The combat is the worse part of the game(I do like the magic). Also the story is ok, but suffers from the world not changing.
I personally like the series. I am unsure about the MMO however.

Dabottle
06-13-2012, 07:19 PM
You see, in most games the world constantly changes. Obviously.

To contribute to the topic, I had intended to get Skyrim (or Oblivion, not sure which...), but I still can't figure out why my computer is crashing, so it has to wait.

Will
06-13-2012, 07:58 PM
I love the Elder Scrolls series! I've beaten Morrowind and almost 100% completed Skyrim when it came out. Still trying to get around to messing with Oblivion, though.

Rotomthemotor
06-14-2012, 10:22 AM
I am absolutely huge Oblivion player, still to this day. I used to like Morrowind a bit, but Oblivion was absolutely amazing and jaw-dropping. I have been meaning to play Skyrim, but am just been satisfied watching streams of it, like Day[9]'s Skyrim marathon, instead of getting it personally. Plus, I'm really cheap, and dont want to buy it. x]

Will
06-14-2012, 03:07 PM
It's worth the investment. This statement was brought to you by Coca-Cola.

Kamex
06-14-2012, 04:00 PM
I haven't played Skyrim that much, but I think I gave it a try one time. It's definitely better than CoD.
Makes me wonder what IGN is smoking when they say a new CoD game is a brand new experience.

Majorasfan
06-14-2012, 05:12 PM
I also started with Skyrim, and I absolutely love it! I never actually got around to finishing the main storyline, so I'm in the process of doing that. I also found some wonderful mods that, together, let me play the game as Saber from Fate/Stay Night, which only makes me enjoy it even more. xD

Patriot
06-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Yush, I love Skyrim, especially with mods. Anybody gonna get the Dawnguard DLC?

(Nobody make a single arrow in the knee joke or I will skewer them.)

Super Skarmory
06-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Majorasfan and I have actually been playing Skyrim together. I strongly like the game and I think it is arguably one of my more favorite games of all time, but like some people have said, it is a flawed game, and there are things that are wrong with it. I have personally found my way around some of the things I disliked with a small handful of mods, and by doing so I have made the game more challenging, enjoyable, while at the same time improving things I disliked about the game. For example, I don't like the leveling system because I feel as though it restricts you to one style of game play, and yet you still have to level up all of the skills whether you have perks in them or not. I found a mod that lets all perks be unlocked by leveling the skills to the right levels, and though this may sound game breaking, it actually isn't because it's not like you can fight with a two handed weapon, a bow and arrows, and magic all at a single instant in time. That mod is one of my favorites and I think it makes a player get to enjoy all styles of game play but they can still focus on particular skills they like using more. I also play on Master difficulty and have mods installed that make playing more difficult because I'm hardcore so I think my hardcore mods balance if not far outweigh any advantages that the perks mod gives me. I think just from the mods that it goes to show that a community can actually make something way better. (Just look at Touhou, that series is only awesome simply because of the fanbase, the actual games are simple and not overly extensive.)

tl;dr Amazing work of gaming genius, but still has a ton of flaws, pro gaming community has made the game customizable through mods to improve the game and help counter those flaws to fit a person's gaming desires, unfortunately only for the PC but PC gaming is the way to be. =P

Kamex
06-17-2012, 01:53 AM
(Nobody make a single arrow in the knee joke or I will skewer them.)

UGH! I agree with you 100%! My stepfather finally understood the joke and now its all he says! >.< *Takes out Ancient Nord sword*