PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on WiiU

Triplewolf
06-12-2012, 11:21 PM
I personally like that Nintendo is doing something original and are fixing a lot of the mistakes that happened with the Wii. I am really interested in the idea of a touch scream controller and I am loving what I have seen. I like that they are also making a regular controller too, but I wish it would come with the system at purchase. I will probable wait till 2013 until purchasing one and get the regular controller with it. Just so that I know if the system and games are any good before buying it.

Kamex
06-12-2012, 11:50 PM
I love the idea! that is untill some people rip the idea off and try to make it better *coughsonycough* *coughmicrosoftcough* I will try my best to get a job and get it at the release date but i wont get my hopes up too high. :/

SFB
06-13-2012, 12:29 AM
It looks neat, the system doesn't look bad either. I just hope Nintendo gets this right. If they don't, then I am worried and Nintendo may go 3rd party. My conerns is the price, the amount of 3rd party support (Will people jump on Nintendo bandwagon), the online.

However, the controller looks neat, the 1st party games will easily be done by Nintendo, the console looks next gen. I just hope Nintendo knows they have a good launch.

Spitfire
06-13-2012, 05:55 AM
Although Nintendo's been in the need for a new console for quite some time, and the WiiU does look good I have a feeling it isn't going to go over so well... On the flip side I enjoyed the presentation at E3 very much and am looking forward to it.

DeMrTeunio
06-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Somehow Nintendo always manages to release awesome, revolutionary consoles that don't do that well, and then Sony and Microsoft rip it off and release something which is nothing better, if not worse, from Nintendo's work. And it is always Sony and Microsoft that make the biggest profits out of it. I fear the Wii U will have the same fate.

Tuxy
06-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Somehow Nintendo always manages to release awesome, revolutionary consoles that don't do that well, and then Sony and Microsoft rip it off and release something which is nothing better, if not worse, from Nintendo's work. And it is always Sony and Microsoft that make the biggest profits out of it. I fear the Wii U will have the same fate.

I think that is simply because there are mostly only "child-friendly" games on the Nintendo consoles.
Nintendo only makes these kinds of games and so 3rd-Party-Producers give all of there games for grown-ups to the PS or the X-Box.
I'm not sure if I'm right with this, but I've always been feeling that way about Nintendo.

Sir Muffin of Saucer
06-13-2012, 03:07 PM
The Wii U?

Well, I WANT it to be good and do well, but I'm not really that convinced by it from what I've heard so far. The controller is a nice idea, but the problem with it is that it seems to be 'too involved' in gameplay. Take ZombiU, for example. It looks like you'll have to use the controller's screen to do something as simple as switching weapons, and you're still vulnerable during that time. And I can imagine features for the controller being tacked in to games just for the sake of having them, like how certain games for the Wii had unnecessary motion controls.

Then again, I still haven't seen enough of the console to make firm decisions.

The Arrow
06-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I'm not totally set on the Wii U. It looks great, and the games look great, but it's just not "set" in my head as to whether or not I'm going to get it. I got rid of my Wii because it got so boring after I beat every game on it I wanted to beat, so I hope it doesn't end up like that. Unfortunately, since Microsoft and Sony always seem to rip off Nintendo's ideas, it's luster will probably wear off quite quickly, more than any other console, but that's just my opinion. They have shown quite good games for it, though.

MiniTapp
06-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Maybe my eyesight will return. Looking at the Wii on a 46 inch LCD screen kills your eyesight even in 480p. That's sadly the biggest excitement of mine, but I'll sure be interested to see how the controller works out and the various games that I'll get.

BreeZaps
06-13-2012, 07:58 PM
I think this is cool i cant wait for the wii u i wonder what will my dad say...

Edit: Its really cool Tv contolls, use it then the TV... THe wii U is SWEET!
Link: http://wiiublog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Wii-U-Hardware-White-Small.jpg Now this is just cool looking...

Shiningbolt
06-13-2012, 09:17 PM
I was very disappointed with the Wii. Mine is really dusty and none of the exclusive games besides the Galaxies and Fire Emblem have a big place in my heart. Because of this, I am not getting a Wii U until either prices drop considerably or some good games pop up with good reviews and a good length.

Patriot
06-17-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm really skeptical about the Wii U, considering I don't really like Nintendo in the first place. I don't see how I'll be holding a clunky controller and darting my eyes between both screens. It just does not make sense to me. Also, some developers have testified that the graphics are still not on par with the other console's graphical abilities, despite what Nintendo has said. Either way, we'll just have to wait for it to come out and see for ourselves.

Uzi
06-17-2012, 04:03 AM
Also, some developers have testified that the graphics are still not on par with the other console's graphical abilities, despite what Nintendo has said.

Haha, this is absolutely correct. Nintendo has NEVER been extremely good in the graphical department. In fact, the WiiU version of Batman: Arkham City looks even worse than the PS3 version. I think Nintendo brought this console out way too soon. Heck, designers are only getting the hang of our current console gen right now. It wouldn't really help to throw out a random new console right now. Should've waited it out like Sony/MS

tinksfinks
06-20-2012, 03:10 PM
I'll definitely but it but I worry about the price. If it's too expensive I may have to wait for about a year for the price to drop :/ I'm not worried about games as I know that if 3rd parties are not there Nintendo, Retro and co. will be there

bamboo37
06-23-2012, 02:19 AM
I like the idea of the wii u. I do have to say it depends on the lunch date if it will succeed or fail. I was doing some research on it and found it if it isn't lunched by Christmas things won't look so good. They say it should be out by Christmas but who knows. This is just depending on Microsoft and Sony. They may still overcome. We all will all have to wait to find out.

Starry
06-23-2012, 08:10 AM
I think the wii u might do really well. I mean the two ways it can play games. A hand held and a home console. I can wait to get it!

Gyaradomo
06-23-2012, 07:00 PM
I want to like and hope that the WiiU will be good, but I just don't think so. It just seems like another console. Although I may be wrong, and the WiiU could be on the level of PS3 and Xbox.

SonicMario777
06-24-2012, 05:50 PM
The Wii U Shall me mine!

Anyway, I'm really much looking forward to the Wii U. The sweet upcoming games as well as the features of the Wii U is something that makes you wish that it comes sooner.

Bookmaniac
06-28-2012, 04:23 AM
I can finally play videogames without my parents yelling at me because of the controller having a screen. I am happy.

SL249
06-28-2012, 05:18 AM
I looks relatively good so far. I just don't like the name of it. I mean seriously, the "WiiU"? You gotta be kidding me. I'm not a 9 year old anymore even if I do still play Pokémon. And not that original, they stole their black controller for Xbox and the whole Pad Controllers from the iPad. How am I gonna be holding those huge things for hours? You'd probably have to take a break more and that means shorter gaming sessions. I'm just *****ing I guess but its true and you know it.

tinksfinks
06-28-2012, 05:57 AM
I looks relatively good so far. I just don't like the name of it. I mean seriously, the "WiiU"? You gotta be kidding me. I'm not a 9 year old anymore even if I do still play Pokémon. And not that original, they stole their black controller for Xbox and the whole Pad Controllers from the iPad. How am I gonna be holding those huge things for hours? You'd probably have to take a break more and that means shorter gaming sessions. I'm just *****ing I guess but its true and you know it.

You haven't even held it in your hands, how would you know. And if you say they ripped off the Xbox controllers, how about Sony and Microsoft ripping off motion controls and gaming experiences?

gameguy1996
06-28-2012, 09:41 AM
The wii u is going to be great it looks way better then the wii.With new super mario bros u lanching with the wii u the sales are going to be really high.

Master Boo
06-28-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm honestly pretty hyped. For the critics out there, Nintendo knows what they're doing. They have a stellar launch lineup from first to third party games, they have modern graphics, and they have a new and innovative controller. The controller is the best option over XBox "SmartGlass" and Sony Vita cross compatibility. Everyone who's played it has had nearly nothing but rave reviews either. One thing I worry about though, its another system "you have to play to understand" how good it is, and thats very hard to market.

Kyoits
07-30-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm just glad i can play Super Smash Bros wherever I go

SuperSceptile
07-31-2012, 07:28 PM
i may or may not. if too many new games start popping up, than ill get it. i only got the 3ds because of all the games that were exclusive to the system. and i do not regret. so more likely than not, i will end up getting it. (i will go sit in a corner and cry if the xbox 720 comes with exclusive games too.)

Shantae
08-08-2012, 12:22 AM
I didn't reply about my thoughts on Wii-U? Odd.
My thoughts of the new system Wii-U is pretty pump up by selection of upcoming games (Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. Wii-U, etc.). I am like excited to buy it, but since I can't buy the new system (whatever it's gonna release) due to money problems. I had to look in some videos about Wii-U functions sadly. I don't think I'm ready to buy the new system Wii-U but overall it's pretty interesting console.
My concerns about the new system Wii-U is how the pricing look, and how it gonna effect it's long term of the system, just like the Wii glory in 2007. Hopefully, Nintendo can sell pretty well but not as big as Wii's released.

Minntul
08-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Looks like it'll flop after Microsoft and Sony release their consoles. The WiiU seems like Nintendo are competing with the Xbox360 and PS3. They basically took the DS and made the top screen the TV and the Bottom screen the controller. It may temporarily be the most powerful console when it releases, but Sony and Microsoft now know what they are going up against and will most likely top it. Hell, the Xbox360 has that SmartGlass ripoff, which I'm not interested in, but its kinda funny how an older console can do what the WiiU can do, which was sadly its main gimmick. I'm kind of glad Nintendo took the first step towards the new generation of console gaming because they don't seem to care much about how powerful their console is, considering that the Wii released a year after the Xbox360.

If I ever get one, it will most likely be for the new Super Smash Bros game. Or if they actually try and evolve their other series instead of rehashing everything.

KingCorphish
08-08-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm considering getting the Wii U. Most likely will.