PDA

View Full Version : TheSpeedGamers 168 Hour (1 week) Pokemon Marathon for Act Today! (Catching them ALL)

SFB
06-14-2012, 01:04 AM
THE SPEED GAMERS POKEMON MARATHON - GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL Starts Friday June 15 to the 22

NOTABLE DONATIONS!
-Notch (Minecraft Creator) - $2000
-Bulbpedia (Pokemon Site) - $1000

Who are TheSpeedGamers?
A group of friends who play video games (Mainly Nintendo) and raise money all for charity. They have raised over 300,000 dollars in 4 years of doing marathons. They are also nicknamed TSG

What will this marathon contain and how much are they trying to raise and where will it go to?
A Pokemon marathon to try and catch all 649 Pokemon from all 5 generation games in 168 hours. The goal is 50K (50,000 Dollars) and the cause is going to ACT Today. ACT today is a foundation who helps try and find a cure and help raise awareness for Autism.

More info found here: http://www.act-today.org/

Why should I watch it?
Because they are awesome, goofy, and do this all for charity.

What is the most money they have raised?
57K in their one week mario marathon. Who also did feature Chuggaaconroy.

Is Chugga going to be there?
No he won't, but you should watch anyways.

Hope everyone enjoys this!

THIS THREAD WILL BE UPDATED (IF NEEDED)

www.thespeedgamers.com<----- Where you can watch it.

Zachgoose
06-14-2012, 04:43 PM
I recommend everyone adjust your sleep schedules so you can watch it for as long as you can... It's going to be a super fun social blast!

Tuxy
06-14-2012, 05:58 PM
I've heard a lot about TSG's marathons but never got to watch one. I might watch this one tough, 'cause it's sounds really fun.

Gyaradomo
06-14-2012, 06:54 PM
I went to the Mario Marathon mentioned above, it actually was pretty fun. It messed up my sleep schedule though. I will try to go to this marathon, I recommend other people to go watch too.

kencool17
06-15-2012, 01:54 AM
oh i have seen something like this it is cool

SFB
06-15-2012, 10:53 PM
7 minutes until it starts!

Dabottle
06-15-2012, 11:23 PM
I haven't watched TSG in forever, I might tune in every now and again... (Got to look at the commentary schedule, if they still do it like that, which I assume they do.)

Patriot
06-17-2012, 01:53 AM
I've just started watching this, and I find it really awesome how they're using Pokemon for charity, which is awesome.