PDA

View Full Version : TradeMurdered - Dwarf Fortress

Urist McAxelord
06-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Hello! Welcome to this, my first (proper) attempt at a Dwarf Fortress community fortress.

First things first, let me explain what Dwarf Fortress is.
Dwarf Fortress is an incredibly complex, rather confusing but also immensely fun city building/management game – think Sim City, except instead of having to build a city, you’re constructing a great Dwarven fortress designed to stand against any and all threats, from fluffy wamblers to titans and everything in between, unless of course you’re playing the game correctly, and by correctly I mean you’re using the Bay12 method – in which case you’re in for some !!FUN!!.

Oh, and the interface is extended ASCII like a good, old fashioned roguelike. It takes a bit of getting used to, but play this game enough and you’ll start dreaming in ASCII. Unless you use a tileset, in which case I will mock you relentlessly.

Now then, on to the community part. I’ll be playing through one fortress until its inevitable demise at the hands of who knows what. During this playthrough, I will be taking constant notes, and at the end of each ingame season I will make a quick story-like “log” of all the events that have taken place. The community – which is to say, you – will also be free to “adopt” a dwarf, if you will. By simply asking, you can have a dwarf named after you, free of charge! You can then, if you want to, have your dwarf keep a journal of its own.

Right, I think that’s enough rambling. When enough people have claimed dwarves, I’ll start.

Dabottle
06-16-2012, 12:40 AM
dorf now

Also, add the pic. :(

Ice
06-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Give me my swordsdwarf back and don't let Ice the war hero lead everyone into a glacier and let everyone starve due to your negligence.