PDA

View Full Version : Skyward Sword

tinksfinks
06-16-2012, 10:50 AM
How did you find Skyward Sword? In particular, did you like the motion controls and its art style(both of which have come under a lot of flak, especially the motion controls)

Personally I really like the motion controls. I feel that it has given the battle mechanic a lot more depth. I can't imagine another 3D Zelda game on the Wii U(or whatever future console) not utilising the motion controls. I also think the art style is suited for the game as I think this is absolutely the best graphics that Wii is capable of producing given the hardware limitations.

DeMrTeunio
06-16-2012, 04:01 PM
In general I don't like motion controls, but Skyward Sword's motion controls are awesome. Every enemy turns into a puzzle requiring different strategies every time. On top of that the Wii is a lot better at handling motion controls than let's say the Kinect, so you do get the feeling you are in control. Generally speaking Skyward Sword is a great Zelda game, with awesome graphics, clever puzzles and awesome cutscenes. I don't think it's the best Zelda game out there, but it's defenitely impressive.

VictoryStar
06-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Skyward Sword is my favorite Zelda game. I wouldn't say it is the best but it is my favorite. I love the art style and think it is a beautiful game. The motion controls were always responsive and it made each battle fun and unique.

Patriot
06-17-2012, 02:15 AM
I LOVE Skyward Sword. I typically don't like Nintendo exclusives such as Mario which gets rehashed so badly, but Skyward Sword is so unique compared to its predecessors and it's incredibly fun.

The Arrow
06-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Arguably the best game on the Wii, and the last game on the Wii, Skyward Sword combines beautiful artwork with the traditional combat-based style of fighting. I thoroughly enjoyed this game and it is probably the second best Zelda game ever created. I still think Ocarina of Time is the best. =P

SonicMario777
06-24-2012, 10:03 PM
I have not played Skyward Sword, but from what I've seen from a Youtuber, it looks really awesome and not super difficult.

ILIEKPIE
06-27-2012, 09:45 AM
To me skyward sword is topped only by majoras mask. I love skyward sword and its controls are well suited with the art style but i just loved the dark and ominous atmosphere of majoras mask.

Master Boo
06-28-2012, 02:46 AM
It had a good game with a good story and great motion controls, but gets repetitive quickly. On my Hero Mode Run, I was completely sick of seeing the same areas 4 times in the same save. Now I had to do it again all while being told by Fi the basics, even though I beat it already. Overall though, it was a blast to play the first time, and looked impressive. It doesn't have to be realistic to look good, especially in Zelda.

Metroid12100
06-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Skyward sword is very well done. I wouldn't say it is my favorite, my favorite being of course ocarina of time, but it was very fun to play and the motion controls worked very well. The music is amazing, the new soundtracks sound great, and that final boss at the end was great, reminded me of wind waker and twilight princess.

TheRocker502
06-30-2012, 11:20 PM
It was AWESOME!!! With little flaws, with the exception of picky noobs, It was a very fun game for me overall.

Pokemon73
11-28-2012, 06:39 PM
i love ss because of all the bosses and unique enimes there is