PDA

View Full Version : Guide to the Ranking System

Pages : [1] 2

Super Skarmory
06-17-2012, 01:18 AM
Welcome to the Super Skarmory Forums guide to understanding the ranking system. You have probably noticed as you have signed up to these forums that some users have different colored usernames and what not. This thread will explain everything you need to know about the ranking system.

It is not difficult to understand the ranking system. The ranking system is a way to measure how awesome of a member you are based off of three criteria. These three things are posts, reputation, and time on the site. Once all three criteria are met, you will upgrade to the next rank. There will be a thread on reputation that I will add in a day or five, somebody remind me to update this with a URL to that thread if I forget to update this. Ranks are used primarily to show your impact on the community and how long you have been here as well as that you are a contributing member to the community. It is mainly just for show but it does come with some added benefits. Upon reaching a new rank, your account in gaming terms levels up and you gain a few new added features that you can utilize. The ranking system is not very large so we have listed the details on all primary usergroups that you can be apart of, (which will be) including staff ranks (when I get around to editing this thread) which you should familiarize yourself with so you understand who to go to for certain situations.

Banned/Suspended Users (Black in color)
These users are incapable of doing anything with their account for breaking site rules.

Unregistered User/Guest
Self explanatory, person viewing without an account.

Needs Email Confirmation
This is a person who has yet to confirm there account from the automatic email sent out. Users are heavily restricted from site usage.

Normal Rank (No Special Color, default of the skin)
Normal users are the default user and there is currently nothing lower. You start with all standard account abilities and it would take too long to list all standard features that you have. You must understand that Normal Users accounts are mildly restricted, it does not take much to reach Bronze Rank. We restrict new users purposefully to avoid people from abusing certain functions early on, this is particularly for spammers/trolls/bots/people that are not here to obey the rules and will quickly get bored when we crush their dreams. Think of it as a test.

Notable Restrictions that might be of interest:
Your PM box can hold 100 messages.
You cannot upload attachments to your posts. (We discourage this no matter what but it is turned off for normal users)
Profile Picture Max Size is 150 by 150.
Signatures Can Only have 250 characters including BB Code and 100 without BB Code. Your sig is still expected to be a reasonable size.
You cannot upload images for your signature.
Color, Size, and Video BBCode are purposefully turned off in signatures
Your Sig can only contain up to 2 images, yes, this is on purpose.
You cannot give reputation at this rank, we do not want new users abusing the system.
Profile Customization is disabled
You can only create 1 group and it cannot be deleted until you reach Bronze Rank
Normal Users must have at least 1 post to use both the chatbox and the arcade.
Arcade play is limited to 25 times playing in one day, this cap is removed at bronze rank.

Bronze Rank
Requirements: 50 Posts, 0 Reputation, 7 Days on the Site
NOTE: 0 Reputation means your reputation is NOT negative, you can have a negative reputation so if users see you as spammer or potentially negative member of the community, you may not reach this rank. Assuming you make reasonable posts for your first week, this rank is easily attained.

Notable Account Upgrades:
Can view who has visited a thread.
Can upload very small attachments
Your PM storage now holds 250 messages and you can send messages to 3 people at a time.
Profile Pictures can now be 200 by 200 pixels.
Avatars can be 150 by 150 pixels
Signatures can now use up to 500 characters including BB Code Tags and 200 excluding BB Code.
Color and Size BB Code are enabled in sigs with a limiting size of 3.
Number of pictures in signatures is increased to 3.
You can now leave positive reputation.
Your album permissions have been increased.
You can customize your profile's appearance.
You can make 2 groups, and delete your own groups.

Silver Rank
Requirements: 100 posts, 5 reputation, 14 days on the site
Note: You must establish a positive reputation. Admins have powerful reputation powers and Majorasfan, Zach, and myself will make sure to give positive reputation to members that are making good posts. Reputation is subject to change based on how much people use the system.

Attachment size increased to around one MB.
500 stored PMs and can send to 5 people at a time.
Signatures can have 750 characters including BB Code, 300 without, you are still subject to have a reasonably sized signature.
The Size BB Code maximum size is increased to 4 and will continue increasing up the ranks, do not abuse this.
Number of images in a sig is increased to 5.
You now can leave negative reputation, please only leave it on people that you think are posting something that is negative to the community.

Gold Rank
Requirements: 250 posts, 25 reputation, Approximately 1 month on the site
Notes: Gold members are considered excellent members of the community and this is a milestone rank to receiving benefits.

You can now delete your own posts and tags to your thread.
Attachment size is increased to 10MB
You can store 1000 PMs and send to 10 people at a time.
Profile Pictures can now be 300 by 300 pixels in size.
Avatar sizes can be 180 by 180 pixels in size, both profile and avatars are at there max sizes at gold rank.
You can upload images to your signature, but we still prefer you use URLs through BBCode.
Signatures can be 1000 characters including BB Code and 500 excluding BB Code, you still are expected to have a reasonable sized sig.
You can have up to 10 pictures in your sig, but this limit will only be useful for several smaller pictures and you should probably not need a limit this high.
You gain semi-moderation powers over the comments on your own pictures in uploaded albums.
You can delete your own visitor messages.
You can delete your own discussions in user created groups.

Crystal Rank
Requirements: 500 Posts, 50 Reputation, Approximately 3 months on the site.
Notes: Crystal members are trusted members of the community and are granted additional responsibilities.

You can now open, close, and move threads that you have created.
You can now make threads in the Meet the Members section.
You can now manage and delete visitor messages posted within your own profile.
Attachment Size is increased to 20MB.
You can now store a maximum of 2000 PMs and send them to up to 20 people at a time.

Emerald Rank
Requirements: 1000 Posts, 125 Reputation, Approximately 6 months on the site.
Notes: Emerald users are exceptionally good and active users who have risen beyond the ranks of others.

You can now store a maximum of 5000 PMs and send them to up to 50 people at a time.
You can now tag other users' threads appropriately to help with searching.
You can now have a maximum of 500 album pictures.
You can now use Video BB Code in signatures (but it must be within a spoiler tag).
You can now create and maintain a maximum of 7 usergroups.

Ruby Rank
Requirements: 2000 Posts, 250 Reputation, Approximately 1 year on the site.
Notes: Ruby users have obtained far too many posts and are incredibly awesome.

You can now view invisible users.
You can now change your own usertitle.
You can create and maintain a maximum of 10 groups.

Lyra Rank
Requirements: 3000 Posts, 500 Reputation, Approximately 2 years on the site.
Notes: Lyra users are SS fans for life!

You can now create, manage, and edit tournaments.
You can now delete own threads.
You can now store up to 9999 Private Messages.
You can now create up to 20 Groups.
You can now post in groups that they are not a member of.
You can now PM Zachgoose to have a custom smiley added to the site.

:magus:Super Skarmory Rank:magus:
Requirements: 4500 Posts, 1000 Reputation, Approximately 3 years on the site.
Notes: The true final rank obtained when you have ascended into a Super Skarmory master.

You can now change the color of your name to any (non annoying) color at any time.
You will have an all expenses paid trip to visit Super Skarmory at Otakon next year!

Shiningbolt
06-17-2012, 01:50 AM
Sweet. Could you please allow Arcade usage from all groups (besides Banned, I guess)?

Super Skarmory
06-17-2012, 02:30 AM
Already fixed.

SFB
06-17-2012, 03:35 AM
Interesting system. I like the idea on amount of days you have to be on here and the benefits you get on here as you go. What idea would be for the next ranks to come on the forums is what I am wondering. Ex: Colors, benefits, maybe new sections once you get to certain rank.

MiniTapp
06-17-2012, 11:18 AM
This system is much better since you won't have people just farm posting to gain a higher rank, which got a bit old really. This encourages people to make constructive posts.

Christian
06-17-2012, 12:26 PM
I agree, this is a really good system - Maybe it won't prevent the spam but it will help since you no longer can achieve higher without getting reputation.

Minntul
06-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Arcade play is limited to 25 times playing in one day, this cap is removed at bronze rank.

B-but... I need my Snake fix...

ShadowMr.L
06-17-2012, 12:42 PM
I agree with what Dave said with the days. I find it very fair. Overall, this new system is great! It appears to be fair.

MiniTapp
06-17-2012, 05:08 PM
One thing Eyan, could the 'Random Question' for each post be removed for bots? It's getting quite irritating. I can understand it is to prevent bots etc, but once we get to Bronze rank we're most likely going to be posting properly.

Uzi
06-17-2012, 05:10 PM
This may just be me, but I really see no use in having to know who looks at a thread. Unless you're paranoid that mods are not moderating or something.

I also may be the only one who cannot use quick reply. Otherwise, this system is pretty good in my book.

The Arrow
06-20-2012, 06:16 PM
I really like this ranking system, especially the idea of it also being based on reputation. You guys did a great job with this!

SonicMario777
06-22-2012, 04:46 AM
This is a really great and clean Ranking System this time around. I approve!

Missingno
06-22-2012, 07:14 PM
How can you tell how many reputation poins you have?

Uzi
06-22-2012, 07:16 PM
How can you tell how many reputation poins you have?

Settings -> General Settings and you should see "Reputation Level" on the left side.

Missingno
06-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Settings -> General Settings and you should see "Reputation Level" on the left side.

Thank you!

+1 reputation for you!

♏Ա§♪ℂ~
06-24-2012, 01:40 PM
coooooooooooolllll

Bookmaniac
06-28-2012, 01:17 AM
I love this system. It prevents spammers and trolls from getting full rights. Also, I am glad this site is mobile friendly :)

vulpixisawesome
06-28-2012, 05:27 AM
I love this- I will work hard and my main goal will be getting to the top(without spamming obviously, that's cheating :) )! It will take a long time, but i hope by that time it will be deserved.

anyway, this seems like a great, fair system.

Superskarmory Fan
06-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks Super Skarmory you are awesome!!!! You ROCK!!!

DarkMagic
06-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Ok cool i like it but what happens when you get a lot of users and someone whos been posting good gets overlooked for reputation???

DeMrTeunio
06-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Ok cool i like it but what happens when you get a lot of users and someone whos been posting good gets overlooked for reputation???

Well, if there's more users that also means there is more people who can deal out reputation. The system is even more genius than you think :D

Missingno
06-29-2012, 11:35 PM
I Think I just got kicked from chat. I was mad because everyone was calling me Miss. Ingno which made me made because
1. I am not a girl
2. Thats not my username

So I spammed the word "Glitch!" because Missingno is a glitch and I wanted them to get that straight. So I think I was BANNED from chat, because now I can't use chat.
So I was wondering how long I am banned from it and how to be able to use chat again.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Missingno.

poochipower
06-30-2012, 12:12 AM
oh no am I negative or a spammer

Merga
06-30-2012, 12:50 AM
oh no am I negative or a spammer

You're neither. Don't worry about it.

Spitfire
06-30-2012, 12:51 AM
So I spammed... So I think I was BANNED from chat, because now I can't use chat.

I answered why you were banned for you. Also wrong place to post this, also if you have an issue with your ban appeal to the staff, more specifically the moderators.

~Spitfire, Answerer of all Questions

Missingno
06-30-2012, 01:01 AM
I answered why you were banned for you. Also wrong place to post this, also if you have an issue with your ban appeal to the staff, more specifically the moderators.

~Spitfire, Answerer of all Questions

I already did I PMed all of the staff...I think it might have been a much to PM all of them.

SilkShadow
07-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Ok I like the idea behind this but do you honestly think with all the users you have that U'll be able to notice every person. Who does good things? A lot of people could get stuck at bronze. :(

AssassinAbsol
07-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Love the idea of ranks!!
Rep is very helpful

Davismt
07-16-2012, 01:17 AM
Next Rank is Crystal Rank, just an FYI. 500 posts, 100 rep (Really?) and 90 days on the site.

Suprsilver
07-16-2012, 02:01 AM
I need Silver rank http://www.skype-emoticons.com/images/emoticon-00174-bandit.gif

SilkShadow
07-20-2012, 04:58 PM
How do you see your exact rep

Christian
07-20-2012, 05:02 PM
How do you see your exact rep
(Top right corner)Settings->(Left sidebar)General settings.

Shiningbolt
07-20-2012, 05:03 PM
You can check your rep by going to Settings. Scroll down on the menu to the left until you find something called General Settings under the "My Account" tab thingy (the words "My Account" are in white text). In the Login & Privacy Section from there, you should see "Reputation Level" and the next number you see under that will be your rep. Hope I helped

Edit: Or I can be ninja'd. That works, too. By the way, I suggest adding that to this thread's first post, so people won't have to ask all the time.

deBOSS1020
07-20-2012, 06:23 PM
how do u check wat yur posts r

never mind

newsupermariobros
07-21-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm only a normal user but i'll work my way up!

Giratina720
07-23-2012, 10:41 PM
i've made to over 50 posts, 0 rep, and over a week! i'm still not a bronze

Super Skarmory
07-23-2012, 11:03 PM
The system has most likely not updated yet or you're timing on one week is off.

chronoquairium
07-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Davismt said there's a Crystal User -- is this true?

Kyoits
07-29-2012, 09:16 PM
This Thread helped me alot.Thanks

Kyoits
08-02-2012, 05:42 PM
The only thing that I don't like about this system is the days

I've been on the site for 7 days and I have 97 post and i'm still not bronze

Giratina720
08-14-2012, 03:03 AM
okay really weird got over a hundred posts 11 rep and over 2 weeks and i'm some what not silver, hmm

The Arrow
08-14-2012, 03:05 AM
okay really weird got over a hundred posts 11 rep and over 2 weeks and i'm some what not silver, hmm

You have to wait for it to take effect. For whatever reason it was the same way for me. It took forever for it to change me to Silver, but when I could become a Gold User it happened immediately.

TheTrainerExpert
08-14-2012, 03:06 AM

Thats because you have to wait 1 hour before you rank up.

TheTrainerExpert
08-14-2012, 03:09 AM
You have to wait for it to take effect. For whatever reason it was the same way for me. It took forever for it to change me to Silver, but when I could become a Gold User it happened immediately.

Nicely explained Tim, better explained then mine so I guess thanks for that.

The Arrow
08-14-2012, 03:12 AM
Nicely explained Tim, better explained then mine so I guess thanks for that.

Thanks, although I didn't mention that it would take an hour... :P

TheTrainerExpert
08-14-2012, 03:17 AM
Thanks, although I didn't mention that it would take an hour... :P

That's why I said better explained than mine lol.

poppop1221221
08-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Being here for 90 days and 100 rep is going to be a hard one thanks for the challenge ss

The Arrow
08-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Being here for 90 days and 100 rep is going to be a hard one thanks for the challenge ss

But Mega says it's not official. :(

Giratina720
08-14-2012, 03:35 AM
But Mega says it's not official. :(tim does have a point...

poppop1221221
08-14-2012, 03:37 AM
tim does have a point...

Yes I know but if it is it would be a challenge

Minntul
08-14-2012, 04:46 PM
You can delete your own visitor messages.

Needs fixing, I don't see the option to do this anywhere.

Shiningbolt
08-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Supporting what Mental said, here. You can't delete your own visitor messages. This must become an option!

Champion Cynthia
08-18-2012, 03:39 AM
It's very fair. Cynthia

newsupermariobros
08-23-2012, 06:42 PM
I like the system.It's cool how you make it a challenge to get gold so when you get it you feel so good.Good job Superskarmory.= D

pikachumaster
08-24-2012, 03:33 PM
One question: How soon do you go up in rank after you meet the requirements?

Tuxy
08-24-2012, 03:35 PM
One question: How soon do you go up in rank after you meet the requirements?

Give it 30 minutes to an hour. Shouldn't take too long. If you didn't move up after a day, contact a staff member.

pikachumaster
08-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Give it 30 minutes to an hour. Shouldn't take too long. If you didn't move up after a day, contact a staff member.
Thanks. And funny sig.

Umbrony
09-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Crystal rank is finally available!!!!!

Go check out Bolt's and Mentals page, and ShadowMr.L's pages to see the new colors. Or look down in the 'Members who have read this thread' section, and look for all the light blue names!

New features are available, and Congragulations to those who reached this recognizable rank! (see front page for more details.)

X!!
09-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Crystal rank is finally available!!!!!

Go check out Bolt's and Mentals page, and ShadowMr.L's pages to see the new colors. Or look down in the 'Members who have read this thread' section, and look for all the light blue names!

New features are available, and Congragulations to those who reached this recognizable rank! (see front page for more details.)

Yay!!!! Crystal Rank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooo motivated now! =D

Tuxy
09-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Crystal rank, huh? I guess this one's gonna determine the real elite of this forum for now. Let's all strive for that!

BreeZaps
09-07-2012, 02:31 PM
BreeZaps - Official SS Forums 4th Crystal User!

Graph
09-07-2012, 04:54 PM
real elite of this forum

That's not the image you'd want to be promoting.

Umbrony
09-07-2012, 05:15 PM
That's not the image you'd want to be promoting.

I know some elite normal members who aren't high ranks because they battle with thier words, not thier posts. They have the rep, they just don't post enough. I really think the Crystal users would be people (like me) with too much time on thier hands.

Red
09-07-2012, 07:21 PM
You should add even more signature space for Crystal rank because I need more links to spam in my sig.

Roxas
09-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Well I better rank up. But it looks like a lotta work...

poppop1221221
09-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Well I better rank up. But it looks like a lotta work...

I know it does take a lot off work! Btw finally crystal rank is up

UbersSuck20
09-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Yes, it may take FOREVER to even be a Gold user. I mean look at me, I have 507 posts but I'm still Silver Rank

Umbrony
09-07-2012, 07:45 PM
I know it does take a lot off work! Btw finally crystal rank is up

Um... That's how this whole new discussion started...?

Yes, it may take FOREVER to even be a Gold user. I mean look at me, I have 507 posts but I'm still Silver Rank

Dont give up. You'll all reach it, rep isn't an issue. It's more the time needed for said rank that gets everyone. Just make long and meaningful posts that contribute to the conversation, drop in the Chatbox and put a smile on someone's face, be a people person, and you'll be gold in no time.

Here is some rep to motivate you. ^_^

Merga
09-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Dont give up. You'll all reach it, rep isn't an issue. It's more the time needed for said rank that gets everyone. Just make long and meaningful posts that contribute to the conversation, drop in the Chatbox and put a smile on someone's face, be a people person, and you'll be gold in no time.

Here is some rep to motivate you. ^_^

Mimi confirmed rep store.

Anyway, I think that the privileges are not overpowered for this new rank, which is a good thing. OP ranks are fun for nobody.

pikachumaster
09-07-2012, 08:52 PM
I've gotta become the fifth Crystal User!!!! *Pants lika a dog* But first, I gotta become a Gold user.

Umbrony
09-07-2012, 08:58 PM
I've gotta become the fifth Crystal User!!!! *Pants lika a dog* But first, I gotta become a Gold user.

Yeaaaah... xD I like the enthusiasm though. I'm here if you need anything.

Dabottle
09-07-2012, 09:01 PM

http://puu.sh/12VNe

Good luck.

newsupermariobros
09-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Wow I'm not even gold yet so crystal rank is going to take a long time unless I get lucky.

Giratina720
09-08-2012, 12:47 AM
i'm not gold yet so i'm not complaining about rep or the crystal rank because i'm fine.

Umbrony
09-08-2012, 03:09 AM
PokeZone will be the next crystal user.

And then Lord Penguin, most likely.

brecot
09-08-2012, 03:12 AM
I'm not a fan of crystal rank......

X!!
09-08-2012, 05:31 AM

We shall see, Nova. We shall see...

I'm gonna try to be one of the first 10 Crystal Users.

poppop1221221
09-08-2012, 06:05 AM

I hope you will I really hope you do okay

X!!
09-08-2012, 06:26 AM
I hope you will I really hope you do okay

Thanks Pop, you're a good friend.

Christian
09-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Are people really that concerned about what number of the rank they are? That is kind of ridiculous if you ask me :P

Umbrony
09-08-2012, 02:28 PM

Cngragulations, X! The number doesn't matter really.

Dabottle
09-08-2012, 04:20 PM

SSR joined a week after me.

pikachumaster
09-08-2012, 08:24 PM
I shall become a Crystal User. I do not care what I have to do!

Dragonite
09-08-2012, 08:27 PM
I shall become a Crystal User. I do not care what I have to do!

Me too! (Going to take a while, though.)

HoennTrainerRuby
09-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Its not really broken. People just don't make post worth of rep much anymore. Like this is not rep worthy.

pikachumaster
09-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Me too! (Going to take a while, though.)

That's true. Let's make a group about that! (Silver Users Trying to Become Gold Users then Crystal Users) Or the SUTTBGUTCU for short.

Shantae
09-08-2012, 09:14 PM
People caring that they want to be a crystal rank?

For me, Idc what rank I'm in but all it matters is I'm a good user to everyone in the forum.
The last post by LP said is true.

honeyner
09-08-2012, 10:57 PM
:rolleyes:I'm normal...

Spitfire
09-09-2012, 02:21 AM
:rolleyes:I'm normal...

Stay gold Ponyboy.

Dragonite
09-09-2012, 02:23 AM
Stay gold Ponyboy.

"The Outsiders?" Reference appreciated.

Shaymin
09-09-2012, 04:06 AM
I'll try to get Crystal Rank, even if I just got Silver Rank!

Uzi
09-09-2012, 06:53 AM
Stay gold Ponyboy.

why did all the good characters have to die in that book

Tuxy
09-10-2012, 01:54 PM
http://puu.sh/13Okq
It seems Crystal users can't play the Arcade...

Zachgoose
09-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Eheheh. Sorry about that. It's my first time really messing with the ranks system, as I implemented Crystal Users myself. There are bound to be little hidden options that I didn't notice/forgot about. It should be fixed now.

Patriot
09-10-2012, 11:05 PM
why did all the good characters have to die in that book

Cause if they didn't, it would have been boring.

SuperPikachuTNT
09-13-2012, 03:04 AM
umm ss i know but y the adims are the coler purple insed of red and you need to add one rank the crstal rank on to the pepol who are online

Umbrony
09-13-2012, 03:09 AM
umm ss i know but y the adims are the coler purple insed of red and you need to add one rank the crstal rank on to the pepol who are online

Zach has stated that the staff cannot change the code at the bottom of the page at the moment, sorry. And the color is Purple because everyone loves Purple.

We umm...

Can't exactly fix that right now. We would if we could. But due to certain circumstances that I am unable to disclose at the moment, we're going to have to leave the legend outdated for the moment.

One potential remedy I could do for now is change the admins back to red, but.... I kinda like purple. xP

^^ that answers it.

pikachumaster
09-19-2012, 12:26 AM
I shall become Crystal!!! I'm also close to Gold. Just need some rep. Future Gold User No. 26 here!

Zekrom man
09-23-2012, 11:41 PM
wow that took a long time to read

LovelyOshawott
09-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Great system,I think it's great..I really dislike spammers.(dango)

Merga
09-26-2012, 11:14 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyc5jnTLr51qk7zdx.jpg

Spitfire
09-27-2012, 12:11 AM

http://www.morbidementia.com/images/mind-blown.gif

ILIEKPIE
09-27-2012, 02:09 AM
What's next, ruby rank?

pikachumaster
09-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Possibly. Like there will be.

Shaymin
11-11-2012, 01:54 AM
What's next, ruby rank?

This is just a guess of mine, but I think the next few ranks are gonna like the ones on the old forums. Emerald, Diamond, etc.

Merga
11-11-2012, 02:13 AM
This is just a guess of mine, but I think the next few ranks are gonna like the ones on the old forums. Emerald, Diamond, etc.

From what I've heard, the next rank is probably going to be Emerald, and it's actually going to be a challenge to earn. Just putting it out there.

pikachumaster
11-11-2012, 02:15 AM
They probably would be, as Eyan mentioned his other forums' ranking system was really great.

megagamer
11-11-2012, 02:39 AM
Well I look foward to the next ranks and hope they will be worth it.

pikachumaster
11-11-2012, 02:54 AM
Emerald Rank
Requirements: 1,000 (or 750) posts, 200 (or 150) reputation, approximately 5 months on the site.

^^ Possible new rank.

poppop1221221
11-11-2012, 03:08 AM
That might be the next rank and its a good challenge for people to get and earn 200 rep. So I might give this one a but it might get harder and harder as they post new ranks.

Shaymin
11-11-2012, 03:17 AM
Emerald Rank
Requirements: 1,000 (or 750) posts, 200 (or 150) reputation, approximately 5 months on the site.

^^ Possible new rank.

Yeah, if that was the requirements, Nova and Penguin Face would already have those ranks. Whereas for most of us, we have to work our asses off for the recognizable ranks.

And sorry to the admins if Emerald Rank really was the next rank.

BreeZaps
11-11-2012, 03:24 AM
Guys its

Emerald Rank
Requirements: 1,000 posts, 250 reputation, approximately 6 months on the site.

Minntul
11-11-2012, 03:50 AM
Guys its

Emerald Rank

Ya boy Mental's got this :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

pikachumaster
11-11-2012, 03:52 AM
Mne is easier, Bree. It can't be too hard.

BreeZaps
11-11-2012, 03:54 AM
Mine is easier, Bree. It can't be too hard.

Zach wants it to be hard to get. So he told me this is what it was going to be. And I agree with him.
He also said that there are more crystal users then there of gold users.

pikachumaster
11-11-2012, 04:00 AM
Really? There are more than 30 gold users and I think 22 crystal users.

Anyway, there is a such thing as too hard to obtain.

Minntul
11-11-2012, 04:03 AM
Anyway, there is a such thing as too hard to obtain.

As well as too easy imo.

pikachumaster
11-11-2012, 04:14 AM
Okay... Well, it's the staff's decision, so be patioent and wait, guys!

Umbrony
11-11-2012, 04:38 AM
Okay... Well, it's the staff's decision, so be patioent and wait, guys!

>patioent

Lol
Mah sides
Mah sides r on marrrrz

Blue
11-11-2012, 05:31 AM
Suggestion: The rank system should be like:

Bronze: 50 posts. No neg rep (the way it is now).
Silver: 100 posts and 10 rep or 50 rep (whichever comes first).
Gold: 250 posts and 50 rep or 125 rep (whichever comes first).
Crystal: 500 posts and 100 rep or 250 rep (whichever comes first).
Emerald: 1000 posts and 250 rep or 425 rep (whichever comes first).

That way people who make really good or longer posts don't have to spam the forum to go up in rank.

Tuxy
11-11-2012, 10:59 AM
There are no hard ranks to gain, it's all just time. If what stated above about Emerald Rank is true, I already met the requirements and didn't work hard on it at all.

Shaymin
11-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Guys its

Emerald Rank

Zach wants it to be hard to get. So he told me this is what it was going to be. And I agree with him.
He also said that there are more crystal users then there of gold users.

*Jaw drops* I can't believe I actually predicted the next rank.

Now I wonder what Diamond rank will look like (no rush, Zachgoose! I'm just wondering!)

sonriopoby123
11-11-2012, 05:51 PM
We need a Red color rank, since admin's are purple now.
And for Emerald, well, looks like I've already met one of the requirements.
Or how about Orange?

Merga
11-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Suggestion: The rank system should be like:

Bronze: 50 posts. No neg rep (the way it is now).
Silver: 100 posts and 10 rep or 50 rep (whichever comes first).
Gold: 250 posts and 50 rep or 125 rep (whichever comes first).
Crystal: 500 posts and 100 rep or 250 rep (whichever comes first).
Emerald: 1000 posts and 250 rep or 425 rep (whichever comes first).

That way people who make really good or longer posts don't have to spam the forum to go up in rank.

No, that is an awful idea. Ranks are supposed to be hard to earn, the way you are putting it is making it so that ranks are about 10 times easier to earn. Plus, if we implemented your recommendations right now, about a fourth to a third of the active members on here would be crystal by now, and that is a huge number. Also, there is the chance that a member can make one post, ask everybody to rep that one post, and gain ranks, and they are supposed to be the example members as well. This will mean that everyone will follow his/her actions. Besides, rep isn't that hard to come by, neither is time, and anyone can make a post. The system is already broken enough, and you are trying to break it even farther.

pikachumaster
11-11-2012, 07:00 PM
We need a Red color rank, since admin's are purple now.
And for Emerald, well, looks like I've already met one of the requirements.
Or how about Orange?

For red, Ruby Rank.
For orange, umm... I don't know.

Blue
11-11-2012, 07:03 PM
No, that is an awful idea. Ranks are supposed to be hard to earn, the way you are putting it is making it so that ranks are about 10 times easier to earn. Plus, if we implemented your recommendations right now, about a fourth to a third of the active members on here would be crystal by now, and that is a huge number. Also, there is the chance that a member can make one post, ask everybody to rep that one post, and gain ranks, and they are supposed to be the example members as well. This will mean that everyone will follow his/her actions. Besides, rep isn't that hard to come by, neither is time, and anyone can make a post. The system is already broken enough, and you are trying to break it even farther.

No. I highly doubt 1/4th of the members have 250 rep.

Merga
11-11-2012, 07:06 PM
No. I highly doubt 1/4th of the members have 250 rep.

I know, it's an exaggeration. But the point is that the ranks would be too easy to earn, and it could get to that number pretty fast. Besides, most of the members who would earn crystal that way don't even deserve it.

Blue
11-11-2012, 07:09 PM
I know, it's an exaggeration. But the point is that the ranks would be too easy to earn, and it could get to that number pretty fast. Besides, most of the members who would earn crystal that way don't even deserve it.

I don't think it will make ranks easier to get.

If I remember correctly doesn't only one member have over 500 rep and that many silver users have about 20-50 rep?

Besides if you want it harder just up the required about of rep.

Umbrony
11-11-2012, 10:06 PM

I'll admit, I never had to worry about ranks in terms of rep, because I got all my rep through art and fanfiction mostly. Its not that easy for the other members, though. That's why I always try to give out rep as much as possible to any member who is not crystal. The post count numbers are also partially unfair because only 70% of my posts are productive. The rest of them come from Things like Favorite forum quotes, and AmA threads. That's why I think the post count addition should be disabled from the Meet the members forum as a whole. As for the FFQ thread, if you can make post count not add on for one solo thread, I'd recommend this as well.

Shaymin
11-11-2012, 10:16 PM
I'll admit, I never had to worry about ranks in terms of rep, because I got all my rep through art and fanfiction mostly. Its not that easy for the other members, though. That's why I always try to give out rep as much as possible to any member who is not crystal. The post count numbers are also partially unfair because only 70% of my posts are productive. The rest of them come from Things like Favorite forum quotes, and AmA threads. That's why I think the post count addition should be disabled from the Meet the members forum as a whole. As for the FFQ thread, if you can make post count not add on for one solo thread, I'd recommend this as well.

*Cries* That was beautiful.

As for me, most of my rep comes from the people that I order from my sig shop, but post is a problem for me, which is why I've been here since the very beginning and I'm still Gold, when the others are Crystal now.

Merga
11-12-2012, 12:14 AM
That's why I think the post count addition should be disabled from the Meet the members forum as a whole.

Good bye half of Eyan's posts.

Tuxy
11-12-2012, 04:47 PM
That's why I think the post count addition should be disabled from the Meet the members forum as a whole.

I've actually thought about this too already. Lately, people spammed there a lot, even more than they did before.

Cutiepuffle
11-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Where's the negative rep button?

Dragonite
11-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Where's the negative rep button?

The little star in the bottom left next to the "report" button both gives and substracts rep. Just select "I do not approve" instead of "I do approve."

http://superskarmory.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=892&d=1353776707

Cutiepuffle
11-26-2012, 01:19 AM
How do you know the EXACT NUMBER of rep you have?

Judge Mandolore Shepard
11-26-2012, 03:33 PM
How do you know the EXACT NUMBER of rep you have?

Select Forum Actions and then click General Settings. That is where you find out.

Pokemon73
11-26-2012, 06:41 PM
i think that gold should be 150 posts and 200 for crystal instead of 250 for gold and 300 for crystal rep is fine though

BreeZaps
11-26-2012, 06:49 PM
i think that gold should be 150 posts and 200 for crystal instead of 250 for gold and 300 for crystal rep is fine though

Are you kidding me? You just want to make the ranks easier to get. The ranks are already broken now it is.
I call that BS. :/

Pokemon73
11-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Are you kidding me? You just want to make the ranks easier to get. The ranks are already broken now it is.

yea it should be 50-bronze ( 0 rep ) , 100-silver ( plus 10 rep ) , 150-gold , ( plus 50 rep ) , and how about 250-crystal ( plus 100 rep )

Umbrony
11-26-2012, 08:34 PM

oh my god do not start to turn out like Spacey pls

Flubbs
11-26-2012, 08:55 PM
yea it should be 50-bronze ( 0 rep ) , 100-silver ( plus 10 rep ) , 150-gold , ( plus 50 rep ) , and how about 250-crystal ( plus 100 rep )

I really hope you're joking. The gold and crystal requirements are fine as they are now. They're already easy enough to get, why make them even easier?

Spacey
11-26-2012, 08:55 PM
oh my god do not start to turn out like Spacey pls

I call BS! >=D

Pokemon73
11-26-2012, 09:03 PM
i am serious 100 to 250 is not reasonable to me it should be less to get to gold

Flubbs
11-26-2012, 09:08 PM
i am serious 100 to 250 is not reasonable to me it should be less to get to gold

Waahhh. So you have to post 150 more times after silver to get gold. Is that really too much work?

DeMrTeunio
11-26-2012, 09:09 PM

Why on earth would you want to rank up faster? If you just stay on these forums long enough you'll make it to Gold Rank easily. Ranking up is already far too easy, the last thing we need to do is making it easier to rank up.

Dragonite
11-26-2012, 09:11 PM

I have to disagree with you about that. "Rank," in this case, means "level of excellence/good position," and "reputation" means "level of character, as other people see it;" wherever you go, neither are given away cheap.

newsupermariobros
11-26-2012, 09:17 PM
I have 2 things to say sbout that.
1.Rankings only show how good you are to the site.It doesn't make you cooler or better or anything.
2.Those ranking requirements are just fine.No need to change them.

Pokemon73
11-26-2012, 09:27 PM
i just like things with the rankings to be a bit easier and doing 150 posts is a big problem when it takes you a very long time to do it

Minntul
11-26-2012, 09:37 PM
it's called patience.

the ranks are already fine where they are now and i see no reason to make them easier.

BreeZaps
11-26-2012, 11:11 PM
i just like things with the rankings to be a bit easier and doing 150 posts is a big problem when it takes you a very long time to do it

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME???

what type of drugs are you taking?

Pokemon73
11-26-2012, 11:30 PM
150 posts would be easier to do if more discussions were being created

BreeZaps
11-26-2012, 11:35 PM

Ok
I can tell you just want to earn ranks. You crave for ranks. Ranks are supposed to be hard to get. Like the next rank is 1000 posts. And I bet you want that to be lowered to. You can't have everything you want/your way. Just deal with the rankings and the way they are. So stop posting here so you can get your post count higher for goodness sake.

Dragonite
11-26-2012, 11:35 PM

http://superskarmory.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=894&d=1353972864 (http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/287960.Randy_Pausch)
(click the image for more)

Please, kid, patience is a virtue.

Ice
11-26-2012, 11:46 PM
THEN MAKE THEM

It's a forum, you are supposed to create threads if you want to discuss stuff. Ranks don't prove anything, and your obsession with ranking up is stupid enough as it is without you even being willing to put the minimum amount of effort into actually doing so on top of it.

Pokemon73
11-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Ok
I can tell you just want to earn ranks. You crave for ranks. Ranks are supposed to be hard to get. Like the next rank is 1000 posts. And I bet you want that to be lowered to. You can't have everything you want/your way. Just deal with the rankings and the way they are. So stop posting here so you can get your post count higher for goodness sake.

not trying to get my post count go up just trying to make a point

Ice
11-26-2012, 11:53 PM
It's **** easy to get posts on this site. There are countless threads where ten words or less will suffice. All the requirements are fine as they are, and I really do not see why anyone that didn't really want to rank up would see the need to complain about them.

Pokemon73
11-26-2012, 11:54 PM
if i try to make new threads i will probably copy the same thing that is somewhere else

Flubbs
11-27-2012, 12:03 AM
if i try to make new threads i will probably copy the same thing that is somewhere else

It's very easy. Stop whining in this thread about how the post count for ranks are "too high", and go make some constructive posts. No one will care what rank you are if no one respects you, and right now you're not doing such a great job at earning it.

Pokemon73
11-27-2012, 12:08 AM
just because I think it is do high doesn't mean everyone thinks that it's perfect some people have different opinions then I do and this is one of them

Dragonite
11-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Start a poll then, it would get your post count up at the very least.[/sarcasm]

BreeZaps
11-27-2012, 12:20 AM
just because I think it is do high doesn't mean everyone thinks that it's perfect some people have different opinions then I do and this is one of them

B-R-B
throwing up
I can't take this.

Pokemon73
11-27-2012, 12:24 AM
deal with it bree and i dont know how to make a poll

Flubbs
11-27-2012, 12:26 AM

I can't even-
I'm done here, have fun with your very bothersome task at gaining ranks!

BreeZaps
11-27-2012, 12:29 AM
deal with it bree
I can't deal with you acting like a little kid. I'm sorry but I can't take this.
I'm done with you, have fun spamming Eyan Kiddie.

Umbrony
11-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Dropping in to say that from what I've seen, nobody honestly cares about the ranking system anymore, and almost never have. Even if they did, they stopped caring eventually as it was broken from the start.
It's okay to have opinions Pokemon, and sometimes they may be right, but the way you go about them that makes all the difference.

Pokemon73
11-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Dropping in to say that from what I've seen, nobody honestly cares about the ranking system anymore, and almost never have. Even if they did, they stopped caring eventually as it was broken from the start.
It's okay to have opinions Pokemon, and sometimes they may be right, but the way you go about them that makes all the difference.

2 things to say:
1: thank you see at least someone cares
2: bree i am not a little kid i am 14 and in the 9th grade so deal with it

BreeZaps
11-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Two Things to say:
1: Thank you see at least someone cares.
2: Bree I'm not a little kid I'm 14 and in the 9th grade so deal with it.
OMG/tenwords

Cutiepuffle
11-27-2012, 01:10 AM
deal with it bree

Pecking order.

Newbs, trolls, the mothers of the trolls, flamers, the President, and then Mr. Popo.

Pokemon73
11-27-2012, 01:12 AM
u don't have to correct everything i say in my posts

Cutiepuffle
11-27-2012, 01:15 AM
I was just telling you the pecking order.

Merga
11-27-2012, 01:23 AM
Ok, Imma end this argument right now. Ranks are as useful as a car with square tires. You will never be remembered for your rank. No one will go "Oh, remember that one crystal user?" when the forum starts to die out. No one has been remembered for a rank (except for probably Melchior, but that's beside the point), and no one will ever be. Spamming for ranks isn't really worth the time and effort, neither is rep begging.

If you are however one of those people who will spam and rep beg for something like that, then just be patient. Your time will come. Besides, that's what the time requirements exist for.

Pokemon73
11-27-2012, 01:34 AM
I never ask or beg for rep and I will never spam posts here

Umbrony
11-27-2012, 01:43 AM
Pokemon, don't post in this thread anymore. It's been closed. DDD=

You'll get an infraction from a mod if you post again.... DDDD= because

It's been closed.

Pokemon73
11-27-2012, 01:46 AM
i am sorry i will stop now

Spitfire
11-27-2012, 01:48 AM
I never ask or beg for rep and I will never spam posts here

What you want rep? Here I'll rep you and I like your post! :D

Xerodragon12
11-27-2012, 05:26 AM
Closed thread my ***, Nova. But seriously, though Pokemon73, if you keep spamming, your peers are not going to let you get that rep requirement, and we mods can technically delete your spam, decreasing your post count. You better be careful, especially we both know you are proving time and time again that you don't really deserve that silver rank.

Pokemon73
11-27-2012, 12:44 PM
I was not spamming I was saying my opinion every time someone said something I was trying to make a point and this will be my last post here ( unless I see a post I like I will reply to it )

Austin
11-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Wow... retarded stuff above me and on other page. Now that I said that, I'm guessing the emerald rank is true.... Why won't you people let me get gold before you make another rank :(

Cutiepuffle
12-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Mods, you need to add Emerald Rank.

Pokemon73
12-04-2012, 10:02 PM
when will this be updated for emerald rank?

Tuxy
12-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Guys
Patience

Believe it or not, the admins are people too. They (Zach) aren't even sure about the benefits of Emerald rank yet.

dud190
12-04-2012, 10:08 PM
when will this be updated for emerald rank?

When will you stop continuously posting stupid pointless annoying messages(known as spam)?

Cutiepuffle
12-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Guys
Patience

Believe it or not, the admins are people too. They (Zach) aren't even sure about the benefits of Emerald rank yet.

Wow, I thought they helped make it and the Emerald was completed.

Leafeon
12-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Emrald rank looks somewhat pretty and cool. Possibly half of us won't get that high up that soon. But annyway Mental is lucky for being first Emrald rank. (Using midnight Green, everything looks emrald.)

Cutiepuffle
12-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Why's there a bit of delay until you go up in rank? I mean even if you've been on the site long enough. Noticed that when I reached Bronze.

Pokemon73
12-06-2012, 01:01 AM
When will you stop continuously posting stupid pointless annoying messages(known as spam)?

when will you learn to mind your own business and stop being annoying?

Dragonite
12-06-2012, 01:10 AM

Posts on this forum are public, and people are allowed to reply when they want to.

X!!
12-06-2012, 02:45 AM

>stop being annoying

HA
HAHAHA
HAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLRO FLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL
LAUGHMYASSOUTLAUGHMYASSOUTLAUGHMYASSOUTLAUGHMYASSO UT
STAHP YOU'RE KILLING ME
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Patriot
12-06-2012, 03:19 AM
My IQ just dropped several points from reading all of this.

Umbrony
12-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Xy, that was mean. D:

Dabottle
12-06-2012, 05:50 PM

When will you learn to mind your own business and stop being annoying?

Dragonite
12-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Can a mod lock this thread now or something? Like, really soon?

Leafeon
12-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Can a mod lock this thread now or something? Like, really soon?

Second that emotion Dragonite.....

Tuxy
12-06-2012, 07:52 PM
You can now use Video BB Code in signatures (but it must be within a spoiler tag).

YES! FINALLY!
I AM SO PUTTING PINK FLUFFY UNICORNS IN MY SIG NOW! =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Seriously, this is amazing. Thank you for that.

Zachgoose
12-06-2012, 08:13 PM
YES! FINALLY!
I AM SO PUTTING PINK FLUFFY UNICORNS IN MY SIG NOW! =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Seriously, this is amazing. Thank you for that.

You're welcome. xD

Also, I'm not going to lock this thread. I'm just going to delete posts and infract ALL users that get involved in arguments from now on.

Dragonite
12-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Also, I'm not going to lock this thread. I'm just going to delete posts and infract ALL users that get involved in arguments from now on.

Thank you. (Even though I probably just got infracted about 8 times.)

Dabottle
12-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Thank you. (Even though I probably just got infracted about 8 times.)

"from now on."

And video BB code! Awesome!

X!!
12-07-2012, 12:57 AM
There's nothing too special about Emerald rank, imo. Honestly, I was hoping for something good out of the next rank, like deleting posts that other people made on YOUR thread, or something else. Oh well...

Merga
12-07-2012, 01:11 AM
There's nothing too special about Emerald rank, imo. Honestly, I was hoping for something good out of the next rank, like deleting posts that other people made on YOUR thread, or something else. Oh well...

Then they would be overpowered, and we don't want that now do we? I think that the ranks are just fine. Anymore power and we would just call Emerald rank "Mod Rank".

Red
12-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Anymore power and we would just call Emerald rank "Mod Rank".

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3171278/Pictures/Reaction/1354760244829.gif

X!!
12-07-2012, 01:29 AM
Then they would be overpowered, and we don't want that now do we? I think that the ranks are just fine. Anymore power and we would just call Emerald rank "Mod Rank".

Okay, I guess you're right...

What about deleting your own threads

Shaymin
12-07-2012, 02:36 AM
Wow, there's nothing special about Emerald at all. I have video BB code on another forum and I only had 69 posts. Shiningbolt and EpicCh33se may know what I'm talking about.

Umbrony
12-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Is emerald rank gonna be as high as you can go?

Cutiepuffle
12-07-2012, 10:18 PM

I have a feeling. They pretty much used up all the good stuff left on Crystal.

Tuxy
12-07-2012, 10:32 PM
I have a feeling. They pretty much used up all the good stuff left on Crystal.

Besides custom user titles.
We need them.
So much.

BreeZaps
12-07-2012, 10:42 PM

No Emily. We have 2 more ranks. I remember Skarm saying that after Crystal rank there is 3 more ranks and the last one is specal.

Dragonite
12-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Should be interesting . . .

The Arrow
12-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Lol, I literally just read this whole thread starting from page 11. Seriously, it was probably the funniest thing I ever read on here.

Anyway, I must ask something because I'm curious. If there is or was ever going to be a Ruby rank, wouldn't it come before Emerald? I think in order from lowest rank to highest rank it would go Normal, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald. After Emerald, I would think it would be the "special" rank Eyan talked about. If the ranking system didn't end with that rank, I would think after Emerald it would go Diamond, Pearl, Platinum. After Platinum maybe it would end with the "special" rank. I don't know, it's just some ideas I brainstormed.

pikachumaster
12-07-2012, 11:11 PM
I don't think there are anymore benefits that you can give. User titles would be great, though. Tim, then there would be no reason to go up in ranks, they've ran out of benefits, the only reason to rank up would be to get a different color for your username.

Red
12-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Of course there will be another rank. It'll be the Melchior rank! Only the spammiest of spammers can achieve such a noble title. 10,000 posts and 1000 rep required. You get access to the staff forum as well as play a crucial part in deciding upcoming events for the forums!

The Arrow
12-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Tim, then there would be no reason to go up in ranks, they've ran out of benefits, the only reason to rank up would be to get a different color for your username.

I seriously think that slipped my mind. Forget everything I said in that post then! xD

Edit: If what you say is true, and it is, then the ranking system should have stopped at Crystal and given the few benefits that Emerald actually offers to Crystal. After Crystal then you could potentially have the special rank, or as suggested by Red, the "Melchior" rank.

Spacey
12-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Of course there will be another rank. It'll be the Melchior rank! Only the spammiest of spammers can achieve such a noble title. 10,000 posts and 1000 rep required. You get access to the staff forum as well as play a crucial part in deciding upcoming events for the forums!

Finally. Thats the best rank ever! I've been recommending this for a while, I would really love a Melchior Rank!
#MelchiorRank2013

Umbrony
12-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Finally. Thats the best rank ever! I've been recommending this for a while, I would really love a Melchior Rank!
#MelchiorRank2013

Shut up
That's impossible
We'd be here for years XD

pikachumaster
12-07-2012, 11:26 PM
I seriously think that slipped my mind. Forget everything I said in that post then! xD

Edit: If what you say is true, and it is, then the ranking system should have stopped at Crystal and given the few benefits that Emerald actually offers to Crystal. After Crystal then you could potentially have the special rank, or as suggested by Red, the "Melchior" rank.

It gives people a reason to spam! SPAMMY SPAMMERS DESERVE THE SPAMMER RANK KNOWN AS THE MELCHOIR RANK.

The Arrow
12-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Shut up
That's impossible

If that's true, then the required amount of time on the forum could be two or even three years!

It gives people a reason to spam! SPAMMY SPAMMERS DESERVE THE SPAMMER RANK KNOWN AS THE MELCHOIR RANK.

Well, what are you going to do? Posts have to be a requirement to achieve ranks. After all, that's why the rank would be called the Melchior rank. Spamming is how Melchior achieved his ranks.

X!!
12-08-2012, 12:26 AM
What Eyan said about 3 ranks after Crystal rank - I personally think that the three ranks after Crystal are Emerald, Platinum, then the "special rank" he was talking about. And that "special rank" might be the "Super Skarmory rank" from forumotion.

Cutiepuffle
12-08-2012, 12:35 AM
What Eyan said about 3 ranks after Crystal rank - I personally think that the three ranks after Crystal are Emerald, Platinum, then the "special rank" he was talking about. And that "special rank" might be the "Super Skarmory rank" from forumotion.

No it isn't. It's obvously the Bidoof Rank.

Super Skarmory Rank:
Requirements: Have to be SuperSkarmory
Benefits: You get to mess with moderation powers.

Leafeon
12-08-2012, 12:35 AM

If he names the special rank that I shall go drown myself in my own tears. -3-

Pokemon73
12-08-2012, 01:02 AM

Super Skarmory Rank:

LOL *Starts to crack up laughing*

pikachumaster
12-08-2012, 02:53 AM
Shut up
That's impossible

It's a good way to assure that people stick around.

The Arrow
12-08-2012, 02:58 AM
It's a good way to assure that people stick around.

Let's be real here though. I doubt people are going to be here three years let alone two. Think about all of the posts and reputation everyone would have. That's why I don't necessarily see an end in ranks until someone reaches the secret rank.

X!!
12-08-2012, 05:35 AM

Super Skarmory Rank:

Think about it. Why would Eyan make a Bidoof Rank? He's not a troll like Zach. He's gonna be serious and boring and name the secret rank after himself. Besides, the Super Skarmory Rank was also in forumotion.

The Arrow
12-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Think about it. Why would Eyan make a Bidoof Rank? He's not a troll like Zach. He's gonna be serious and boring and name the secret rank after himself. Besides, the Super Skarmory Rank was also in forumotion.

I have a bad memory on things like these, but wasn't the Super Skarmory Rank the admin's rank? I'm talking about the other forum. Also, it could be THE MAGIKARP RANK as well.

Tuxy
12-08-2012, 03:00 PM
How about we bring back the original rank system from forumotion? That'd be the best idea ever!

Merga
12-08-2012, 05:08 PM
How about we bring back the original rank system from forumotion? That'd be the best idea ever!

If anybody doesn't know, the Forumotion ranking system was a joke. You can spam on any section, even forum games, and get high ranks from just spamming. Rep, and time were not a factor, just posts. At least on here, you have to actually make good posts if you want a higher rank.

Umbrony
12-08-2012, 05:14 PM
again, I really don't think AmA threads should add to post count. ;~;
no feh

Cutiepuffle
12-08-2012, 06:39 PM

I was joking.

BreeZaps
12-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Dumb Rank Ideas.
You can delete your own thread.
You can change your own user color. (Like I can change my color for my username)
You can pick how much rep you want to give to someone. (Like I have a power to give out 10 rep but I can pick from 1 to 10 to give someone. I'll give out 5 rep to people if I could.)

Just ideas. But you might think its dumb. But WHATEVER.

Minntul
12-08-2012, 09:32 PM
can we please get the ability to change the title of our threads now seriously we should've had it a few ranks ago anyway

Dabottle
12-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Ability to delete our own chat posts? Not sure if that's a good idea, but it's something.

BreeZaps
12-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Ability to be able to make more groups? I don't have the heart the delete any of my groups I have and want to make more.

pikachumaster
12-08-2012, 11:41 PM
can we please get the ability to change the title of our threads now seriously we should've had it a few ranks ago anyway

We need this. I have been meaning to change the name of my Sig Shop and my AMA Thread.

The Arrow
12-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Dumb Rank Ideas.
You can delete your own thread.
You can change your own user color. (Like I can change my color for my username)
You can pick how much rep you want to give to someone. (Like I have a power to give out 10 rep but I can pick from 1 to 10 to give someone. I'll give out 5 rep to people if I could.)

Just ideas. But you might think its dumb. But WHATEVER.

Actually, I think all of those ideas are good except for the second one. I don't think having the ability to change your username color would be such a good idea because people would get confused as to what rank you actually are and that's what the username colors identify you as. As far as the other two, I think deleting your own thread should have been implemented at Gold rank. Having the ability to choose how much rep you want to give is a good idea because you may want to give rep to a user, but you don't want to give the highest amount you can give (10 for me) or however much you think they should be given.

Anyway, I think more rewards should be given to Emerald. It's not that different than Crystal at all.

Merga
12-09-2012, 05:40 AM
Actually, I think all of those ideas are good except for the second one. I don't think having the ability to change your username color would be such a good idea because people would get confused as to what rank you actually are and that's what the username colors identify you as. As far as the other two, I think deleting your own thread should have been implemented at Gold rank. Having the ability to choose how much rep you want to give is a good idea because you may want to give rep to a user, but you don't want to give the highest amount you can give (10 for me) or however much you think they should be given.

Anyway, I think more rewards should be given to Emerald. It's not that different than Crystal at all.

It's really like you want random users to become mods. It's crazy.

The Arrow
12-09-2012, 04:27 PM
It's really like you want random users to become mods. It's crazy.

Then Emerald should be deleted all together because it isn't that much different than Crystal at all. Crystal offers plenty.

Dragonite
12-09-2012, 04:30 PM
At this point, I think "rank" is more "level of dignity" than anything else. Currently, people with green names are at the top of the ladder when it comes to "level of dignity" around here.

pikachumaster
12-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Then Emerald should be deleted all together because it isn't that much different than Crystal at all. Crystal offers plenty.

Yeah, giving more benefits will basically make Emerald Users mods. We don't want lots of mods.

The Arrow
12-09-2012, 05:35 PM
At this point, I think "rank" is more "level of dignity" than anything else. Currently, people with green names are at the top of the ladder when it comes to "level of dignity" around here.

How so? I mean Crystal Users are at the same "level of dignity" because they have nearly the same amount of powers as Emerald Users do (as stated many times). What makes Emerald Users any higher than Crystal Users?

Cutiepuffle
12-09-2012, 06:34 PM
The fact that your name is different.

But really, I think it's mostly made because people were asking for another rank.

Zachgoose
12-10-2012, 11:28 PM

Holy crap, why didn't anyone say anything earlier?

All ranks can now edit the titles of their threads indefinitely.

Dragonite
12-10-2012, 11:31 PM

Now maybe people will almost spell their titles normally . . . nah, that's still too much to ask for.

Cutiepuffle
12-11-2012, 12:57 AM
How do you edit your thread title?

sonriopoby123
12-11-2012, 05:16 AM

Yet I've been asking about this since like August. -_- (http://superskarmory.net/forum/showthread.php?1789-The-Power-to-Change)

waffler246
01-25-2013, 01:09 AM
I never got an email confirmation.

Nickis200
02-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Thanks this helped me lots i was wondering why people had different colour :P

X!!
05-28-2013, 11:54 PM
>Ruby Rank
Requirements: 2000 Posts, 500 Reputation, Approximately 1 year on the site.
Notes: Ruby users have obtained far too many posts and are incredibly awesome.

You can now view invisible users.
You can now change your own usertitle.

=O
Holy crap. It's red, and it gives a great reward. I'm excited for Ruby rank.

Rocket
05-28-2013, 11:57 PM
Yes, I am too. I wished a would have joined earlier though, because I have to wait about 4 months after everyone else to get Ruby Rank.

Kyoits
05-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Hopefully I actually reach Ruby Rank so that I can change my title to "Postaholic". Can someone please rank lock Pengy?

MessyPorpoise53
05-29-2013, 12:18 AM
So, I guess you are saying is that you need rep to Rank up? Ah, jeez, That will make it hard :(

pikachumaster
05-29-2013, 12:22 AM
I like how I'm never gonna get Ruby.

This is gonna take forever. ;~;